For you edition

>Dark Angels Preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/04/chapter-focus-dark-angels/

>Daily Dunkan
youtube.com/watch?v=s8klnCoAEi0

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer Updated for Tyranids? Math-user requests vetting
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

1st for burn all the heretics!

second for dont burn the heretics

2nd for remove chaos!

So, are drop pods viable now?

Good thread.

6th for burn all the xenos

>"And Chaos is a literal representation of the Underworld, where The Emperor figure represents the archetypical father who's tried to teach his sons how to rise to the role of the Hero"
>"The entire mythology is something like an elaborate representation of which parts of you succeed and which ones don't."

What would be a good starting point for playing slaanesh daemons?

Made this to celebrate new Dark Angels codex

No.

A chainsaw through the anus.

There better be a fucking Deathwatch/Imperial Agents Codex after Codex: GSC.

ABSOLUTELY VILE

buying daemons

So when listing building for Orkz, I imagine I start off with three full sized squads of slugga boyz.
Where do I go from there?

How well would a small army of Primaris be, focused around Fortifications? I feel like a few units of Inceptors, backed up by the heavier emplacements and tanks might be a cool themed army. Maybe some Hellblasters or Aggressors to help deal damage.

I'd fluff them as Sons of Dorn, with a focus on Sieges and Defensive warfare.

Bringing this discussion over to the new thread, I'm looking for any ways I can improve my Army. My strategy is to have most of my Assaults in reserver say for the Vanguard Squad and the Captain for the first turn with the Land Raider and Predators. The come second turn I bring the rest out. I tried to make this a jack of all trades sort of army geared towards killing everything else the enemy has.

Any tips?

Well, that's a given. I meant as far as units

Killa Kans and Deff Dreads! I don't know, I don't know anything about orks, just that Kans and Dreads are neat. So do that.

Tought with the price decrease and they working as a defense against "shoot deepstrike" stratagem they'd work

One can hope

thinkin about hellblasters for my anti tank compliment in my blood angels

Usually I run a raven or a talon but looking for a flexible unit

How do they do typically? Better to run 2 5 mans or one 10 man .

Captain support of course

Name one vehicle more awesome than this

oh wait you can't

More than 2 and you are crippling yourself, needing to have 50% of units in the board really fucks with the viability of multiple drop pods in a pure Marine army as well as the fact that Rhinos are pretty damn good all things considered and Razorbacks are top stuff. Use drop pods to get characters in range to support other units that can deep strike on their own but the days of 6+ drop pods armies are over unless you cram your deployment zone with chaff and get a fuckton of pods.

Your mum

>Look ma I did it again!

Yay Bullgryns. Big Boys beating up Boys.

I'm not sure whether to go with long guns or pistols on my Blood Angel Assualt Marines.

The Plasma Pistol is 7 points, the Plasmagun is 13. The Inferno Pistol is 9(!) while the Meltagun is 17. The Hand Flamer is a WHOPPING 1 POINT while the normal Flamer is 9 points. Wargear-wise, I can trade my Bolt Pistol for any of pistols and keep my Chainsword or swap both the Bolt Pistol and the Chainsword for a long gun.

The big question is, what's the better option here? The lack of range and fire rate on the pistols hurt, granted, but do you think the nearly 50% point reduction, the ability to fire in melee, and the ability to keep Chainswords on them is worth it?

The way I think about it, having less than 9" range pretty much kills Inferno Pistols outright since it disallows shooting straight out of Deep Strike. While it's good once you land, it's still practically a melee weapon with the range it has. The Meltagun can still fire if you plop down more than 9" away but, other than having twice the range (and I guess being able to Advance and fire without -1 to Hit), it's straight inferior to the Inferno Pistol in all respects.

Hand Flamers still seem trash even at 1 point each though Flamers in general are iffy to me right now. Both can't shoot straight out of Deep Strike (6" and 8" ranges, respectively), and both seem pretty weak and lack synergy with the unit in general imo.

Plasma pistol versus Plasmagun seems like a much closer fight in terms of viability. It's seems like a basic "how many points are you willing to throw at this throwaway unit" kind of debate that I'm not too sure of.

What do y'all think? Any opinions? Can Pistols be fired after Advancing like Assault weapons? I don't have my BRB on me.

Big Battle of the Boys

Space Wolves can field 15 point wolf units, and all space marines have fairly cheap tarantula turrets if you need anchors.

In my experience, the majority of the population resolves the unanswered questions involved in occupied transports anchoring deep striking occupied transports with having the transports acting as anchors and needing anchors, with the occupants not counting for either, so thankfully an occupied drop pod should only need one anchor, not two or more.

Going to start tyranids. Thinking of getttinf the tyranid army box and the codex and a hive tyrant box what else should I get?

Used them for the first time today against my friend's Blood Angels.
Holy shit do they perform.

I think 40k's biggest success is getting us all not to question how fucking stupid the words lasgun, bolter, flamer and melta sound

Pistols cannot be fired after advancing. Inferno Pistols can be good, but only if you have the extreme mobility needed to deliver them - Harlequins do very well with them, for example.

Start with that and get it all painted first. Nids are easy to get started and quickly be overwhelmed by plastic.

I think they sound pretty cool

You could use them as thematic terrain.

melta is the one that stands out as dumb
>it melts things
>call it a melter?
>no, it makes things melty so call it a melta!!!

flamer is straightforward, lasgun is literally laser gun shortened and so the most reasonable

Those names aren't stupid, they're just 80's. Pic very much related.

I will not

is it lass-gun or laze-gun tho

I like this.
That they do. All the people I play against now know this, so my big boys get demolished pretty easily most of the time. When I go up against Orks though, we always have a big battle of the boys and it feels great.

Which demons tho

In high gothic, laze-gun. In low gothic, lazz-gun.

Do you think they will come up with high gothic or primaris names for them eventually? What wound each be called?

When will Inceptors come in Melee Flavor with Lightning Claws?

SC! Slaneesh Daemons I would guess.

Cawl Pattern Lasgun, Cawl Pattern Flamer, Cawl Pattern Meltagun.

Someone had to take the place of sisters, your sacrifice to the GW gods of apathy will not be in vain.

GK codex should of been consolidated into one massive Inquisition/Imperial Agents Codex. That would of been awesome.

Hopefully soon.

>create swolemarines
>don't make dedicated assault-troops
You had one job Cawl you fuck

>should of been
>2x
You make me sad on the inside.

Anti-vehicles, HQs (weirdboys are a given), grots.

fortunate, fusion blasters here

pronounce it
l̸̛̝̪͕̼͈̻ͨ̏͆͛͞a̭͙̙͎̹̹̖͎̟͌̈́̒ͧ͗̂̒̇ͪ̐ͤͪ͜͢͞͠ş̢͓̦̹̮̣̞̯̩̽ͣ͛ͫ̆ͮͫ͌ͭ͞e̷̵̡̻͕̭̫̥̭̗͈͚͇̤̦͂͌ͤr̸̢̯͓͖͉̞̭̦̜ͪͨͮ͋̊͟ ̵̵̝̹̩͈̇̓̊̋ͪͯ͗̈̑͆̓̍ͤ̌́͞ͅg̸̫̺̘͔̮̮͓͍̱͇̹̤̜̻͕̹͑͂́͑ͧ́͘ṳ̢̡̨̼̬̬͕̝͇͕͙̪̙͇̻͙̯̭͊ͣ̓̍ͤ͋̊ͩ̂̓͛ͪ͝͝ͅͅn̵̢̡͈̘͎̘̬̆͆̈̎̊ͪͮ̑̀̀͑̾ͫ͛̍͊̃ͫ͜ ̸̠͕̼͙̫͕̥̼̹͕̤̗ͧ̎̎ͦ͑ ̴̨͖̭̹͖̖̺͙̮̳̣̏͗ͦͮ͒͛͊ͪ̎ͤ͋ͯ̆ͭ̓͜͢
̴̸̧̱̭͖̟͉͈̻̯̭̟̺͍̾̈ͩͩ̌͘͡ä̷̺͔̹͉̥͈͕̺́̔ͦ͐ͨͧ̈́̏̚a̢̬͍͍̟͇͊̾̇ͬͪͦͭ̔͑͘a̷̧̼̯̣̱̟͛͛͊͆͆ͫͨ͐͆̎̉̏̂͗̀͘͞a̧͍̙̜͖̩̥̘ͮͩͭ̒͑̒ͣ̃ͤͩ̃̍ͭͦ͜͢͝ͅä̴̡̳͇̪̯̞̩̯͍͕͉̟̜͎ͤͩ͗ͯ̒ͣ̌̌͞ą͈̦̱̥̹͔̣̰̖̝̻̺̰̟̓̋͆͛͊̏̎͒̄̑̃͛ͯͤ͘͢͢ͅą̴̬͇̣̣͔̼̩̙̤̪̐ͣ́̌̑͢͠a̫͓̹̼̗̹̺͕͉͍̜͂ͪ̓̿͑ͤ̌ͣͯͯ͊ͮ͐͐̽͆̀͘a̸̱͚̗̘̭̗͚̱ͣ̈̌ͦ̋͆̎͑ͫ͜
̷̡̢͔̙͔͔̰̯̼͓̘̯͗̑̋͌͒̏ͣ͌ͩ̓͐
̥̳̩̰̹̯͈̪̭̥̻̗͕͈̪̇͌̓̓̇̆̿ͩͅ
̷̵͈̳̳̜̯͓͚͕͈̗̻̪̪̝͖͉̠̈́̔ͭ̀́̄ͭ̑͆̀̆̈́̍͌͛̌̄̓̀̀͘
̸̧̢͍͉̭͕̙̍̈́͑͆ͨ͐ͬ͌̚̚̕

Yes, but why make one Codex when you can sell two for twice the price?

>Where do I go from there?
More boyz

He makes me feel like a bad person when i watch his videos.

Who won?

It's a necessary step to becoming a better person.

And here it is, the reason GW are such dirty sluts.

If only they actually released other codecies...

Too simple, and thus, not copyrightable
>Cawl Pattern Beam Blaster
>Cawl Pattern Promethium Purgatorer
>Cawl Pattern Heat Ray Radiatorius

Do they care?

>Drop pods go back to their 7th ed cost
How does this changes the game?

Humans naming stuff as bluntly as Orks at this point (Shoota, Choppa, Slugga etc.)

>Cawl Pattern Chainspears

Drop pod spam comes back, the meta remains apathetic.

Since Auras also buff the Character itself, does the same apply to this?

>If an enemy unit is set up on the battlefield after the game has begun, you can select a friendly ORDO MALLEUS unit within 6" of Inquisitor Coteaz and immediately use it to fire Overwatch on the enemy unit that has just been set up.

Not again that fucking gif

Whoever posted that summary/leak of the new Star Wars movie fuck you that is exactly what happened and my worst fears have been realized

stats?

So after looking up some latin words
>flamer = ignis
>lasgun = lignum
>bolter = vectis
>melta = liquor

I've been spoiling that movie all day. I personally thank that user for giving me a way to entertain myself destroying people's hopes.

Someone should shoot her to put her outta her misery. Just so i never have to see this again.

mfw I haven't thought about Nana's Everyday Life for over a decade and you just reminded me

>caring about StarWars

You find an enemy that gives you a good fight.

But that is Heresy for she is not Impure in any way, shape, or form.

I have cancer and this is offensive, delete this post

>That moment where Trazyn easily defeats Fulgrim

Are Primarchs, dare I say, BTFO!?

Fun book.

ok

>the new Chainspears™ are Imperium only
>Chaosfags lament
>suddenly, from the shadows
>GW announced new Hellforged Hedgetrimmers™ and Wailing Whirlywhackers™

>The Emperor was just some faggot Warlord until he met Malcador and actually became known as The Emperor
>Him and Emps manipulated the Primarchs after rediscovery to fight against each other and engineer a rebellion so certain Primarchs could be culled
>This is an extension of the Emps only ever seeing posthumans as tools and not people, this extends to both Primarchs and Astartes
>2 missing Primarchs were killed by the Emps because they couldn't be manipulated
>100% confirmed that the only destination for souls after death is to be tortured for all eternity by Chaos
>willingly go on a Crusade to genocide billions and even backstab his own loyalists if they are undesirables, knowing what fate awaits them

Imperium is beyond all salvation. The Emperor and Malcador are 100% evil. This is just another "The ends justify the means" type of villainy. Like fucking all of them.

No wonder they failed.

It was a comfy tie. Open War mission where you got points every time you held objectives. We each held our 2 objectives all game except for 1 turn each. I got really lucky when fighting Ghaz. Saved 6 out of 7 5+ saves on the Bullgryn fighting him. If I didn't, I think he would have won because he could have made it to contest or kill the guy holding my objective.

Here's another pic of the big boy meat train making its way to fight some more Boys. Sorry that it's blurry. This is right before Ghaz got Da Jump'd over nearby and before he started swatting everyone with his pimp hand.

I post and I find this offensive, please die of cancer sooner

good

Link?

nah

I'd be happy enough to stop seeing a primarch every four games.

Veeky Forums should i prime and paint 5 death Company or a 5 man Assault squad next?

>Ranged tank designed to kill from afar
>It's for Death Guard and not Iron Warriors

>Hellforged Hedgetrimmers
That's a slaneesh only option because they are fanatical about their gardens being perfect

undivided legions continue to be btfo'd by geedubz.

>Wait until Cawl makes Combi-Plasma Fists (Think a Melta Fist but the Melta is replaced by a Combi-Plasma

>tfw every Legion gets better toys than you

>Quotes "The T'au Archipelago" at least 15398 times every day