Other urls found in this thread:

parahumans.wordpress.com/2013/08/10/interlude-26/
twigserial.wordpress.com/2016/03/18/enemy-arc-9/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>just eldritch horrors

ZZzzzzZZzz

>First two are Eldritch horrors

Sorry, they're just the first ones I found in my folder

What are some interesting designs that could actually function in an ecosystem?

The Dumbos originated from Larry Niven's "The Integral Trees" in which a colony of humans (of both free and "corpsicles) are seeded in a strange microgravity environment.
They are ambush predators.

Despite what you may think about their appearance, the book was quite good and the ishtarians were written very well.

More Barlowe goodness.

Another Niven classic. These puppeteer guys are real bastards.

look up meandraco.

You don’t get more alien then this.
parahumans.wordpress.com/2013/08/10/interlude-26/

Also like, hilariously important spoilers to the best capeshit since watchmen.

They're completely harmless. Likely to be more scared of you than you are of them.

>Eldrich horrors aren't aliens
>Has never read an H.P. Lovecraft story in his life.

Pretty sure that was /v/'s quintisential rapefucker 9000 from spore back in the day. Somehow a perfect organism despite looking retarded as fuck, completely wiping out life on planets, even when AI. If I'm not mistaken.

Obligatory.

I don't even know wtf I am looking at

These are all about as alien as art of animals where the artist draws actual human-shaped limbs cause they have that little concept of anatomy.
So kinda alien but in a shitty way

what part do I look at when I'm talking to this guy? The thing on top?

F-fuck user, that's so rude.

You're lucky this is a niche thread or those'd be fighting words.

who would win
>entire planetary ecosystem
>1 leggy boi

VERY alien, you say?

i still have that book

Yous gotta think of the ecosystem first.

If leggy boi goes out of his wasteland habitat, he is immediately outclassed by some very stronk bois. However, the stronk bois need a lot of food, and cannot live off the wasteland.

If leggy boi had less legs he wouldn't need so much food and such a big sugar pumping brain to coordinate that mess. Leggy boi a failure.

Don't bully best boi plz.

REMOVE

Obvious ripoff of Leanchoilia.

I'm 90% sure this was made in Spore

Yup. Its name was the Fagatron, sadly I lost the screencap. It never failed to send my sides into non-euclidean space.

It was.

thank you, i've been looking for this for too long.

Loved these guys as well.

That thread is fake news. Fagatrons are completely harmless. I wouldn't worry about it.

does anyone have an archive of the original thread?

Yeah willybro is pretty exceptional at writing inhuman POVs.

twigserial.wordpress.com/2016/03/18/enemy-arc-9/

istnt it from this book where people can be send to other bodies with no soul and the main protagonist is trying to find a spy from another galaxy? what was the name of this book?

That's a weapon

nvm i found it its cluster by piers anthony. rad books, full of interesting concepts ancient aliens and xeno pussy

By the will of the Emperor, Xenos loving scum must be purged!

is that even sfw?

You've been spoiled and don't understand what eldritch horror means. They are, by definition, the most alien of horrors.

The whole 'you can't comprehend me, mang and ur crazy nao' got really stale really fast.

>normalfag attempts to understand lovecraft the post.

Nobody really cares about him. Eldritch horror stands for 'lots of tentacles lol ur crazy', doesn't matter what it was at the very beginning.

I had that book. Loaned it to a "friend" and never got it back.

>Nobody cares about Lovecraft
What non-euclidian demi-plane are you living in? He remains as the only one to ever get Eldritch / Cosmic Horror right, the cosmology was a mistake and ruined his creations by explaining them. The unknown is the scary part, the fact that you want to be coddled by the interpretable world shows that you know this fear but cannot recognise it. The few who get Lovecraft understand that it's the madness that makes his work, "The Music Of Eric Zahn" is a great interpretation of part of Lovecraft's work because it embraces the surrealistic aspects and creates unease by subverting your expectations of a piece of music.

>The few who get Lovecraft
Yeah, exactly. When all you do is namedrop him, you don't really give a shit about him or his works.

that's a pretty dope concept, thanks for sharing.

>'lots of tentacles lol ur crazy'

Maybe if you're a shallow normalfag and don't read. I would expect slightly better from Veeky Forums.

The protagonists in Lovecraft's stories don't go mad because Lolthulhu tentacled their asshole and filled their minds with ooga boogas. What drives them mad is the revelation that there are vast, completely alien forces in the universe which could do their equivalent of sneezing and utterly destroy humanity without even noticing. It's the understanding of an utterly bleak cosmic truth and humanity's pitiful position therein. That is the essence of Lovecraft's horror and cosmic horror in general.

If you insist I can discuss a work of his: My personal favourite is Shadows Over Innsmouth because it is about what little we don't understand that surrounds us. For example it takes place entirely in the US as oppose to his other novels such as Call Of Cthulu and At The Mountains Of Madness which both have the majority of the eldritch influenced concentrated in isolated cults far away from the safety of our lives. By putting us in a familiar yet uncanny setting and playing the story out like a thriller it reveals the true horror that can lurk beneath the surface (pun intended) of our homelands. Lovecraft shows us how the human mind is fragile in it's abandonment, the cultists turning to the god for sustenance after trade fails due to superstition, and also how we alienate each other in the name of baseless fantasy, an obvious allegory about religion. The pschological aspects of his works are far more important than the tentacles, there didn't even need to be fish abominations for the story to work, the cruelty of belief was strong enough horror to carry the story alone. There faggy analysis over.

Inb4: Lovecraft hated other people, especially weird minorities. (Which I'll counter right now by saying it's all part of fearing the unknown.)

Well said, I agree with this too. Faithfully, author of post .

Are these the hermaphrodite mary sue cat centaurs?

Very ugly, from a objective perspective.

Obviously selected for bilateral symmetry but it's imperfect and malformed.

1/10 would not uplift.

Even ascended to a higher being, he still needs his beatin' stick.

Who doesn't need a good beatin' stick?

Fan of these oddballs

And this big guy got some very alien PoV stuff

Lovecraft's aliens aren't interesting because they're just a jumbled mess of parts from random animals that makes absolutely no biological sense.

Yet another person missing the point, both of Lovecraft and alien life. Truly alien life will make no biological sense to us, Lovecraft's entities make biological sense but only from their perspective, one that we cannot even begin to comprehend as they are so vastly more complex than us. Please thread, go read Stanislaw Lem's Solaris and then return with the knowledge of what something alien that is beyond human understanding may be like.

Chakats

Hear me out
>corruptive aura that makes people like them
>sexual deviants
>freaky biology
>manipulative and pushes a propaganda engine
>inherently Psionic and hermaphroditic
>alien mindset

If this isn’t a great villain species, I don’t know what is.

>Literally just furry centaurs.
Gtfo and take your fetish bait with you.

They literally have a aura that makes people like them

They have hate groups that are suppressed by the police.

They are literally the bad guys, the worst kind of bad guys.

And I personally, find them disgusting

How is this alien when you can apply aspects of human mentality and society onto them? But the biggest sin is you applying Objective Morality to Alien Life!

Here’s the 1d4chan entry

“Pair a cat-taur hermaphrodite with the sort of godless "we is superior" fluff provided by the likes of Matt Ward for the Ultramarines, and crank the dial to 11, and you get your average Chakat. Engineered to be perfect survivors and colonizers (according to their creator), they were also engineered to be attractive and psionically gifted with empathetic abilities, making them always able to understand everyone all the time. They are the most psychologically stable race in the universe and they can use their psychic abilities to listen to your thoughts from a solar system away.
They are the strongest physically and for the most part perfect in every single way. Hating them at all makes you a horrible person who, in the eyes of the rest of the world in Chakona Space, should be killed or forced to repent, and not wanting to fuck one makes you a horrible deviant who needs to be cured. By turning you into a Chakat yourself, if need be.

Fucking serious.”

to be fair you have to have a very high iq to understand lovecraft

>human perspective
>objective

I was thinking of that as I wrote it but still tried to make a serious point. I'll admit I'm a pseudointellectual asshat at times. Anyway, I wasn't trying to convey that his work is difficult to understand, it really isn't, his vocabulary endlessly triggers Veeky Forumsfags (which I suprisingly am not, being a fan of genre fiction which they think is beneath their raised noses), but that instead the authors that took after him had a very different vision and have changed the mythos in a way I see as non-condusive to his original conceptualisation; now he is lumbered with the association.

If I remember correctly, only two species of humanity were left right? The guys who beat the Qu and that one slave species.

>He remains as the only one to ever get Eldritch / Cosmic Horror right
Bloodborne did cosmic horror surprisingly well. The eldritch gods are less gods and more just really powerful aliens that operate on alien logic, and their interpretation of Lovecraftian madness is that you don't go mad because the alien is inherently incomprehensible, but that the more you gain insight into the true nature of the world, the more you'll act on that unknown knowledge, and while you may be perfectly rational from your perspective, to everybody else you look like a madman.

No, the one shown on is.
I believe that Cosmic Horror is an obsolete genre.

Oh s h i t . . .
Here come dat b l u m b o i . . .

You can't just stare at someones morglepork. Jesus christ user.

*launches fighters at u*

Unironically these boys
>Race is liquid soup of “brain cells” that electrocute you with their passive synapses if you fall in
>Mount into robotic bodies making them cyborgs
>Span dimensions and alternate timelines and are in the past and future
>technically extinct, but there’s billions of them because of time fuckery
>Good chance you’re just a simulation of theirs

Totally agree, I'm a huge From Software fan, I may have been exaggerating a bit too much when I said "only ever".

Chakats actually sound like the form a Slaneeshi daemonette would assume to seduce furries

>very alien aliens
>spooky spider
>spooky skeleton
>spooky bug
>na na na na na na na na cat man
>predator

I just want to know where its face equivalent is.

There's someone pushing a horrible crossover thing full of sues involving them on the main fiction site for a certain popularish cartoon about diminutive equines. It's as horrible as you'd expect.

>Entire planets are their skull
>oceans, rivers, aquifers, and lakes are the brain
>Convert entire planet(oid)s into the Vex hive mind
>Convert planets and planetoids in alternate dimensions, timelines, and in the past/future
>Not even Rick and Morty portal jumping shenanigans can escape them
>The past, today, the future, everything, everywhere, everyone is Vex and only Vex. Forever. Always was.

This is a blue board for gods sake, at least spoil that lewd image!

Morninglightmountain did nothing wrong.

PROMOTION!

You're thinking of chakats

>Award for most alien alien posted so far goes to.

Fuck that was a crazy read.