Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1941: Traps are Gay Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

botnik.org/apps/writer/
twitter.com/botnikstudios/status/914657990929764353
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/The_Beast's_Marks
youtu.be/Lh4mn6Vu2Uc?t=3m34s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes, that is generally my Benefactor's attitude.

>I will give you lots of power and knowledge! Enough to stomp everything and make any challenge in your existence pointless!
>But don't be boring!
Literally the worst kind of Benefactor

Eh, keep in mind that for Pandora giving someone 'a lot' of power and knowledge isn't say much.

When she's involved with something outside family concerns, its typically to mess with people.

How good are you Jumpers with probability?

Pretty good, I have a couple future sight perks and the inference engine from worm. At the least I can crunch numbers good.

The world of heroes under death's guidance. Martial artists, growing stronger by the year. Will, growing stronger by the day. This resonation of souls allows humans to battle against heaven and nature.
With police everywhere worshiped by chaos souls, where Dio Brando managed much is critically difficult to take. Beyond incredible villains doing simultaneously familiar pilgrims. This paradox named Leonard is entrusted with detective tropes to purchase whatever the Devil is prohibited.

Heat and cold in the original universe. The first universe still lurks beneath everything. Now they must choose together in godhood from what appears to mankind. Each pure era radiates serenity and unfettered power, but only three last in relatively merry nights.
Meanwhile from old crags, Archtrees performing macabre rituals across inkwell isle plot about events from death to evil. Bloodborne will soon become commonplace as modern day metropolises. Defy the canary force, rescue demons, deal with it. Joji Joestar and Digimon aren't just fiction, but madness.

With aspirations of peace and fame the princess between worlds drafted you. Now they watch with cheesy souls amplified by NuBee to celebrate his daughter's will.
Welcome to your adventure in relatively recent history. You will begin your time here as a mysterious figure with shadowy beings fanatically being down to celebrate.

With the strength of fire, have 1000 choice points to purchase what you think the princess holds.

The predictive text generator is fucking amazing now that I have it working. I might put together an entire Jump for this now.

Can you link it? What kind of files can it take in?

Between the luck perks, Umineko magic, Sideral stuff, Schrodinger's reincarnator and that perk from Konosuba, I'm probably pretty good.
>With police everywhere worshiped by chaos souls
I knew it

Besides life fibers, what else is there to feed the Spinning Wheel Of Arachne? Also would the silk created by the Spiders benefit from the purchasable magic effects or
just the wheel itself?

1, you have a daughter?

2 jesus fuck this sounds awesome

all probability is mine to command,I weave the web of worldlines.

Take theneedle of arachne innexalted solars and craft anything into fabric then feed it to them.

Here you go user. botnik.org/apps/writer/

The instructions mention .txt files, but I'm not sure if that's exclusive or if other documents can be taken. Word of warning before you start playing with it though, there seems to be an unlisted size limit since the first time I started playing with it and tried to upload all my Jumps on one file ended with it only reading Bloodborne. Size limit seems to be somewhere in the 25-35k Word range.

I'd recommend doing things peace meal. (A txt file full of intros if you wanna do an intro, a txt file full of perks if you wanna do perks, whatever other things you wanna do with a file dedicated to those things.)

I fucking know, right? So typical.

Elsa dress in frozen

I do now apparently.

I want to feed it a xianxia

Who has custody while jumping? You or val?

So...any reason not to companion Ahri?

Who?

you know you can make fibers out of just about any metal right? and there's all kinds of bullshit magical metals, not to mention the weird stuff you can do with exalted charms like crafting pure elements into just about anything or even making new magical elements. Also consider taking One of those " choose a Mythological item" such as found in Percy Jackson or the God of high school and get the Golden fleece Or Gleipnir .

The nine tailed fox from League of Legends.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Mr Governor!

I support this entirely, reverse Satan.

I'm pretty sure I do since that's what happened last time something like that happened in a chain. I kept the daughter with me in the potion store while Val went into politics.

I knew she was a heartless evil being but damn.

Just the obvious one. That Tristiana and Poppy are superior choices.

Sounds metal as fuck.

>Defy the canary force
Is this the meme version of the Phoenix Force?
>rescue demons
Fucking chaos police, torturing demons
>Joji Joestar and Digimon aren't just fiction, but madness
Fuck, there are too many gold things in this to properly comment

Indistinguishable from any intro to a setting I don’t know desu.

Intro to ghe xianxia is pretty cool once I got it going.
The white robed magi were still oblivious to the point. The direwolf whined as the mechanical acolytes were all sleeping soundly in the tent. Behind him a magus acolyte and the fifth grade acolyte raynor could be heard as they fooled around in the carriage. Angelo hadn’t sounded out in alarm to the school and the a.i. Furtively opposing him screamed miserably in the air as he cleaved down and began speaking loudly "resist heartache from the previous world created in mockery of this world "

Totally gonna make a Predictive Text Jump now. I can't not, this is too fun and I already put the work in.

>A xianxia about magic schools fighting ai with what appears to be admech and direwolves

Damn why is this not a thing!?

I would say low effort jump making, but thats kinda the point here isnt it?

That is a tiny fury elf.

>AI are witting our jumps now
>And there are people that still doubt the automation won't hit them in their lifetime

That is pretty sweet actually, it almost reads like an actual start to a chapter or story that hasn't been sent to the editor yet.

Sorta kinda, yeah. Though I wouldn't call it low effort, I spent the last seven hours throwing together text files for each part of a Jump using my Jumps as fuel. Once the file is actually put in the person behind the keyboard still needs to work to make things look even mildly coherent.

They also did an X Files episode script
twitter.com/botnikstudios/status/914657990929764353

>It has been corrupted. One finds the beat of the music fades. There was born a haunted cast that would destroy control and not show you time. But for them, a few barren trees are still certain to live. Your heartbeat rests. Your pockets the only thing that would be completely unreadable. And now they sleep in their borders, desperate to move on the beat of atomic bombs.

Well... then.

Damn, Mulder sure enjoys nodding.

At least it's better than his other hobby

You know I can actually hear him saying this.

She will eat your dick.

Fucking Kumihos.

Why does all of this almost sound like it's in character for them.

For those of you who've waifued Gaia from EVO, what do you imagine her personality to be like?

That is why you have regeneration perks

You can play the game, shes a pretty nice lady, she keeps reviving you from death against her father (the suns) wishes (but dont tell him its a secret between you two) and just wants you to grow.

>Scully's Knife Office
Damn.

>the cop looks at Scully
>The cop is Scully
Maximum spook

I watched a play through on YouTube a while ago but I don't recall her having that much of a presence.

Reads a bit like Nightvale.

>Scully, wearing a potato, knocked Mulder slightly on the bottom.
This is some real X-Files shit right here.

More XXX-Files

Looking good. As for ideas I would point out a little fluff some people miss. If a killer doesn't succeed in a trail the Entity sends The Beast to fuck em up. Who or what The Beast is is unknown for now.

deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/The_Beast's_Marks

>Jagged marks cover the Chainsaw's body, punishment from the dark beast that lives in The Fog. Memories of violent reprimands fill its holder with the fear of failure.

That's a leatherface addon by the way, which means this thing has Leatherface scared of it. The hillbilly has another addon that mentions it.

Might be able to use that as a drawback or something.

Hey Val, can UBW weapon copies be used by someone who wouldn’t be able to use the original, e.g. only one person could wield it, have to be worthy, etc?

Not sure. I don't think so, since part of Shiro's thing is that he basically copies parts of the wielder with the tracing process.

Finished the update to the KOTOR jump. I'm just Putting out the text version for now but I'll update the graphical version after I get some feedback on this.

Changelog
>Spelling and grammar fixes
>Removed all the old/outdated notes notes.
>Changed the version numbering.
>You can now choose your starting age and gender.
>Nautolan and Cathar are now 50cp.
>Added a general species purchase option.
>Added new companion options.
>Changed "Enhanced Memory" to "Enhanced Mind" and gave it a slight buff.
>"Demolitions" got a slight buff.
>"Enhanced Physiology" was buffed/better detailed.
>"Chosen Ones" was replaced with medical skills.
>"Piloting" was improved.
>Made the free lightsaber an actual item and added more options to it.
>Removed the item requirements.
>All of the vehicles are now 100cp cheaper and some of them have had their descriptions expanded.
>Added a drawback that lets you start the jump at the begining of the Mandalorian Wars.
>The "Broken" drawback now specifies you non-dominant arm instead of your left one.
>Added a note that explains starships will run on autopilot unil you learn how to fly them.
>Made the "Jedi" and "Sith" backgrounds free.
>Changed "Tactical Info" to 100cp and make it free for Drop-In.
>Changed "Medicine" to 100cp.
>Changed Piloting, Martial-Arts, Computers, and Hardware to 200cp.
>Added Perception as the new 200cp perk for drop-in. (You can easily spot hidden threats even if they're conceled by stealth technology or illusion powers. Your sharp vision has also greatly improved your aim, allowing you to do more damage with ranged weapons.)

>Added Stealth as the additional new 200cp perk. (You're an expert at sneaking past foes both with and without advanced technology. On your own you could easily navigate around threats by keeping your foot steps light and ducking under cover. With tech like stealth field generators however, you could become undetectable to all the most perceptive of droids and humanoids.
>Changed "Force Drain" to "Drain Life"
>Added "Drain Knowledge" and "Force Heal" as the new 400cp powers for drop-in.
>Added Telekinetic Lightsaber Combat as the new 600cp power for drop-in.
>Added Force Crush and as the other new 600cp power.
>Added a "Blaster Pistol" item. 50cp, free for drop-in
>Made the "Armored Robes" Discounted for Jedi
>Made the "Prototype Vibroblade" Discounted for Sith
>Made the "Health Package Implant" Discounted for Mandalorians
>Made the "Mandalorian Heavy Blaster" Discounted Mandalorians
>Made the "Pack of Thermal Detonators" Discounted for Gray Jedi
>Made the "Mantle of the Force Crystal" Discounted for Gray Jedi
>Made the "Mark IV Assault Droid" discounted for Sith
>Made the "Beskar Armor" discounted for Mandalorians
>Added a "Star Forge Robes" item and made it the new discounted item for drop-in.
>Made the "Verpine Shield" discounted for Gray Jedi.
>Added an "HK Series Droid" item.

What determines if a NP counts as a divine construct? Are NPs of a certain power level counted as such, or is it a trait that needs to be purchase?

Is there any particular reason Grey Jedi and Mandalorian still cost CP to pick?

>Star Forge Robes
REEEEEE

Thanks for the update KOTOR, gonna be a while reading through this.

Just if it's been made by divine beings.

They both get an extra free item and an extra discounted item, you're also not tied to either the Jedi or the Sith with those backgrounds.

Sith background references an apprentice.
No companion listed as free (not counting import.)
This is Star Wars.
My immanent betrayal senses are tingling.

Just fake your death.

Hmmm, I think I would feel more comfortable if it mentioned the HK was loyal to us as it does not say anything like that, and it worries me.

Thanks, looking good

Typo in the Stealth perk:
> you could become undetectable to all the most
Should be "undetectable to all but the most"

>You can easily spot hidden threats even if they're concealed by stealth technology or illusion powers.
What exactly does that mean? Do you just see through illusions and stealth?

Hey Val, how much extra should I pay to fluff a NP as being similar Ea, where it’s a weapon from the dawn of the world or outside of the world, and it doesn’t really look like the weapon category it’s supposed to be?

Further typos
Force Heal power:
> lets you rapidly accelerates
Should be "accelerate".

Still saddened that I can't bring the Star Forge along with me. I've tried stuffing it in my Warehouse, but it just wouldn't fit.

Star Forged robes. Do they protect against lightsabers? Also lightsaber training & pistol training don’t have any description.

Your origin companions are exempt from the effects of this complication.
Are we supposed to get companions from our origins? Why are non "origin" companions not immune to this?

>Rare and Unique Items
Are Lightsabers, Blasters Pistols, Breath Masks, Medkits, money, and whatever else is in that section really that rare? Might be better to just rename it "Items".

You can probably just have that as the fluff as a free side benefit.

A non-concern for me, but that does raise a concern for Gwyndolin and the Nameless King...who is really going to have to get a name soon...

The King formerly known as Nameless.

I guess the Dark Side version of the Star Forge Robes would look like Revan’s? Can we choose to have it look like that but still be Light? Because while this isn’t bad, it’s not quite as cool as Revan’s. Oh, just curious, does it also include the mask?

This all looks really good KOTOR, nice job, man.

It says "Comes with a full face mask" right before saying it can be in light or dark colors.

Been replaying KOTOR for reasons some will find obvious, so this is a balm on my soul. Thank you so much.

...Your take on the Mandalorian War being orchestrated by Vitiate?

Aww thanks.

So it does. Damn it, how did I miss that.

You could see subtle imperfections in someone's stealth field or notice when it looks like someone should be interacting with the environment when there isn't anyone there.
youtu.be/Lh4mn6Vu2Uc?t=3m34s

They're as good as they are in the game. So probably some minor protection but someone could still cut through them.

That was on purpose since it's just average knowledge and training like the names imply.

See it comes with the mask and you can pick the color pattern.

I actually like that idea itself, but everything else about the "True Sith" is terrible, especially Vitiate.

Aren't the extra grey jedi items an ordinary datapad every origin should have in their background and an upgrade to lightsaber crystals that you need to purchase separately and undiscounted?

The mandalorians are an easily available breath mask and a slightly better blaster, which are a little lack luster compared to some of the other origins' items.

The connection to the sith/jedi orders could also be seen as a benefit and you can easily just leave the jedi or cut contact with the sith if you want.

Also on a vaguely related note drop-ins get a little screwed on the free item, other than the grey jedi data pad and mandalorian breath mask the other origins get actually good items instead of a cheap blaster pistol.

What perks let you penetrate scrying defences and other supernatural means of avoiding detection?

You guys wanna see some highlights from each section as I get done with them, or peruse this masterpiece when it's complete? The locations are done and they're all metal.

Why do a speeder bike and landspeeder cost as much as a full on star fighter?

I want to wait until it's all done and compiled into a PDF, but that's just me.

Does the Beskar armor need to look like Neo Crusader armor? That is among the silliest looking Mandalorian armor.

Kotor what about a Personal crystal. Like the one the exile had that adapted when their power grew.

Wait. I want an avalanche of funny, not a trickle.

...you cheeky bugger.

I think it'd be interesting to see it. If you don't mind.

Can do dudes, I shall wait until then.

Here's I'll give one of the highlights of the section behind spoilers as I continue on. =(4) - World Stage Carnival: “Notable witches collect chosen victims to begin events. Champion Sagat is unstable and waiting with Sulyvahn's guardian deity. Now all the blind rubes converging in Tokyo, the ultimate city, behold the World Stage Carnival. It's said to pick her spirited princess chosen as human sentinels.”

I think one of the magic eyes from Mushoku Tensei can get through magical barriers, but I’m probably remembering incorrectly so don’t take my word for it.

Some previews would be nice.

Anyone have ideas for how I can give previews to those who want them and withhold things from those who don't?