/swg/ Star Wars general

Last Thread: "Because The Thread Dies When You Remove /swg/ From The Title" edition

Post about FFG, WEG D6, Saga/d20, Lego, X-wing, Armada, Legion, and anything else SW Related

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ SW RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Other FFG SW Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the SW RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older SW Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>Someone reported the Mega, it's gone now, RIP.

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4
Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Now that the proverbial dust has settled, what did you think of The Last Jedi? Was it as bad as you expected? As good as you hoped?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=owyvluBjZHA&ab_channel=webmshit
youtube.com/watch?v=zJSOzztOhKc
youtube.com/watch?v=WmwppdJlVVc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

But OP

this thread is still active

>Some ideas are one-of-a-kind moments of genius, those back-of-an-envelope scraps that you look at and think "how the heck didn't anyone else think of this?" Well, for us on the TLJ team, it was the porgs. I remember seeing the idea as a little sketch nestled between loads of others and saying "Yes!" out loud. We said at the time it's such a simple and recognisable design it merchandises itself - then there was this nervous silence, because you don't joke about stuff like that. But yes, that was how the porgs became a part of the Star Wars universe.

He knows that.

>"Because The Thread Dies When You Remove /swg/ From The Title" edition
Prob means he's expecting it to die though because the other OP fucked up a bit.

In Empire at War there was.

Master yogurt is both horrified and slightly impressed

So does anyone else think the resistance bomber was the stupidest fucking thing ever tactically, as cool as a B-17 in the GFFA is?

Why not load the ordinance bay with torpedoes or any sort of standoff munition. Hell, unguided rockets would be better then gravity bombs IN SPACE!

I liked it.

The detail books that got released specifically say that the bombs dont drop due to gravity, but are in fact impelled.
So, technically, they could've been used as standoff munitions.

It seems ridiculous that they understood that the bomber couldnt use gravity to drop bombs because its in space without gravity, but then they also have the big shots of the flying wing penis extender fucking curve downwards.

You know, it occurs to me, strip out the proton bomb racks and do something like that hypothetical B-1 modification where you load the rotary racks up with dozens and dozens of AIM-120's and we could have a spiritual successor to the missile boat.

"A weapon with Stun deals strain to the target."

Does this refer to the strain from activating the Stun quality or does it mean that the normal damage of the weapon is also (unsoakable) strain?

The strain from activating Stun. Plus it got clarified in Genesys: the strain dealt by Stun is damage, therefore soak applies.

>the strain dealt by Stun is damage, therefore soak applies.

Doesn't that make Stun 3 (most weapons with the quality) pretty much useless? Most races have a base Brawn (and therefore soak) of 2 or more and combatants usually have at least +1 soak from armor.

Never mind, I am a 'tard who got it backwards. The Stun quality just straight-up deals strain without soak applying, while Stun Damage still needs to deal with soak.

So was Snoke a sith and if so, did Kylo finally pull his hair form that candy ass and start drawing strength form his insecurities?

What I got from the film was he was a slightly different breed of evil wizard. Not an actual Sith.

was this guy fucking errata'd or something?
the deckbuilder site I use says his cost is 12/15 but the card says otherwise.

Was that Raith Sienar's yacht in the film?

In the artbook thing people were posting the other day it was described as a Seinar-[something] ship.
So very possibly.

Yes, it was fucking stupid. By the way,
did it have one of those "hangar shields" that keep in air but let solids through, or was it completely fucking open at the bottom?

Considering bomber waifu didnt start dying whilst walking around over an open hole, I'm gonna assume there was a magcon field

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. But I couldn't see it. To me, it looked like bomber wife lay on nothing but a metal grid, and beyond that, there was nothing but empty space.

So how fuck does the hyperspace kamikaze jump works?

>Loved Rogue One and TFA wasn't too bad
>How bad can TLJ be?
>...

When the hyperspace computer tells you there is an object in the way you say "I dont care jump anyways" and override any built in safety

Frankly there is no reason why it wouldnt work.

>What is The Raddus Ram

In all seriousness remember that Han alludes that ships CAN punch it whenever, just without calculations there's a risk of collision/other disaster

Holdo knew what she was aiming for, and just punched in that direction

Simple, you override the safeties on the navicomputer when it goes "Hey, there's a massive object in the way of your flight path." You hit "I don't care, jump anyways", and then Sir Issac Newton reminds everyone he's the deadliest son of a bitch in space.

My issue is that RKV's change entire settings when added. Why didn't the CIS use their disposable droids to strike unaware Republic ships?

I'm going to go with "It was a poorly thought out addition for the sake of a cool scene." In a few weeks we'll probably get some official "Explanation". Well beyond the Seppies being greedy moneyhoarders. You have any idea how much a FTL capable droid destroyer costs user!

Probably also the fact that the Seppies top leadership was deliberately wanting a stalemate for as long as possible to allow Palpatine to gradually seize more and more power and get more and more Jedi killed off or isolated with no possible help in the middle of a clone battalion.

Because everything about the military tactics of the Clone Wars is fucking stupid.

The only counter I have to you is, why wouldnt the Raddus Ram work? What would prevent it from happening? Especially when ANH says that if you jump blindly you can crash into an object in front of you.

But
1. get warhead
2. strap to hyperdrive
3. ???
4. profit!

Seriously, though aren't they actually traveling in subspace or something and only get pulled out by gravity? And that's why calculation is needed, so you can avoid large celestial objects what would pull you out and possibly crash into them. If it is actually just "point and shoot" then I can't see how this wouldn't be deployed against capital ships, since it's cheaper than a star fighter but can take out, or heavily damage a capital shit in one go.

Did Palps actually convey that much info to the CIS higher ups? Obviously Dooku knw, but I always thought that he kept the whole Sidious=Palpatine thing pretty close to his chest.

Since the sequel trilogy is considered a skywalker trilogy too, does this make Kylo the (evil) protaginist?

Probably not, but I can imagine there was some sort of sense of "Hey, blowing up planets left and right with kamikaze capital ships is bad for business, lets not do that" among the leaders. After all, if they start doing that, the Republic's gonna start strapping a clone into the drivers seat of a bulk freighter and start picking off their factory worlds one by one, and soon all that will be left is a handful of scattered fleets and a radioactive galaxy.

Eh, my issue is that it treads that uncomfortable line between reality where a Baseball accelerated to a significant enough fraction of the speed of light can annihilate Earth, and space fantasy where people travel across the galaxy in a matter of days (or hours depending on how you want to read ANH's mid hyperspace scene). If you're traveling *faster* than the speed of light when you hit something, you could shatter Alderran without having to build Tarkin's penis compensator. I recognize it's a nitpick in a series not known for scientific accuracy, but it still bugs me.

Regarding the "Raddus Ram", I got the sense that the First Order fleet was close enough to be in the danger zone of the run up to light speed but before the ship actually punched through to hyperspace.

That's a reasonable explanation, but just like Starkiller base last time, I wish they'd spent a single line on technobabble.

>I recognize it's a nitpick in a series not known for scientific accuracy, but it still bugs me.
Oh im not saying that its perfectly great and no problems. Im just saying that frankly, there is nothing in Star Wars that says it wouldnt work.

When i saw that scene my thought process was literally "huh, well ya I guess that is what would happen if someone tried that. I wonder why people dont do it more often."

It creates a new host of problems, but its not like its breaking established lore or anything.

Force fields in Star Wars aren't always visible. See: Almost every hangar bay.

Instead of just making fuckhuge space station to just the same thing? The Death star plans were revealed at the end of ep II. This argument doesn't hold up.

What even is the raddus ram? Is when they tried to escape in RO? several ships safely made the jump before Vader showed up, the only ones crashing was the ones in mid jump, you know when the stars start becoming lines.

Just a reminder, that even if it is not very realistic they try to keep it reasonable, they even thought of dampeners so you wont become jelly during a jump.

>When i saw that scene my thought process was literally "huh, well ya I guess that is what would happen if someone tried that. I wonder why people don't do it more often."
Clearly if this was a viable option the rebels would have used it against both Deathstars, instead of risking certain death. This is just the director going "wow how cool would it be if they did that" without having any understanding of the universe.

My guess for an explanation would be potential collateral damage; you now have countless shards of durasteel hurtling either through hyperspace, or in realspace at near-light speeds with the risk of causing catastrophic damage many, many lightyears beyond the initial collision. I'd also explain it as Holdo being reckless but knowing that they were at the very edge of inhabited space, and hoping/knowing there wasn't much in the "blast zone" that could get hit

>what is the Galaxy Gun

>This is just the director going "wow how cool would it be if they did that" without having any understanding of the universe.
To be fair, that's pretty much every scene in Star Wars. The director's job is to make an entertaining film, the tech crunch comes from writers who make the novels/reference books.

And to be double fair, this *is* a new universe. They threw out the rulebook with the reboot, and while things are ostensibly similar, they can (and clearly have) changed the rules on how certain things like hyperspace work. Han's Rathtar jump and the Starkiller Base jump neither would have been possible in the old canon.

Those old rules weren't even supported by the original films, or the prequel trilogy; the idea of "backup hyperdrives" was invented to explain how the Falcon got from the Hoth asteroid field all the way to Bespin with no hyperdrive in the course of a few days. AotC/RotS have ships making massive journeys through hyperspace in what can only be a few hours, when the then-canon "rules" would dictate they would take several days at least.

This is how it always is, and how it always has been. The movie shows something cool, the tech writers retroactively explain it. But most of us weren't alive or don't remember the 1980s when this was par for the course.

>tfw just a couple years ago the prequels were the bad ones....
We didn't know how good we had it

>>what is the Galaxy Gun
>Each of these projectiles were capable of traveling through hyperspace with a speed equivalent to at least a Class .75 hyperdrive, allowing for quick traversal of interstellar distances and difficulty in detecting them until they struck. Upon exiting hyperspace and homing in on its target, the projectile's automated defenses would activate to deter enemy forces.
>Upon exiting hyperspace
The shell was delivered via hyperspace, but it's destructive capabilities did not came from the hyperspace travel

I forgot to even mention the infamous Kessel run which is possibly the best example of a ridiculous canon explanation for an on-screen science blunder.

It's salt.

youtube.com/watch?v=owyvluBjZHA&ab_channel=webmshit

As I figured it, the ship didnt hit the Mega IN hyperspace/hyperdrive.

She hit it in the 'long streak bit just before you hit hyperspace' bit that usually just involves a ship disappearing into the distance.
But in this case, she accellerated the ship to whatever crazy speed is just below hitting hyperspace, and instead of hitting hyperspace she hit the First Order directly in the dick.

Hyperspace itself had nothing to do with it, really. It was just the ridiculous speed that entering it requires/causes.

yes he was

>The director can rape the lore however he want as long as it looks cool
Lel, it looks cool because we know the capabilities so we can acknowledge the fact that they are operating near their limits. Most of the stuff the Falcon pulls wouldn't be impressive it was a high tech scout ship built for such a things. What's next? Space lightsaber combat jumping from fighter to fighter? That would look cool, no?

1. Rathar jump
youtube.com/watch?v=zJSOzztOhKc
How is this in any way conflicting with old lore? The freighters gravity was in no way big enough to hinder the jump.

2.Starkiller
youtube.com/watch?v=WmwppdJlVVc
Gravity pulls, so there is no problem here either, if anything, it's Han being able to find that fraction of time when they are behind the shield and before the planet. This also kinda proves that you can't collide in hyperspace since they went through the shields.

Backup hyperdrives are reasonable, since a malfunction can happen any time and nobody would want to be stuck in deepspace. This is not a problem on the same magnitude, it woudn't even matter if they got "towed" to Bespin, that's a minor detail, not the climax of the movie.

If time would be going the same pace as in reality in the movies it would be very boring, you have to cut some slack, it's not like the plot would have changed if they go slower.

The key thing here is to keep things reasonable, which is the new movie failed to do.

>in the course of a few days

I always thought that that was actually a few months.
Which is still shockingly fast for non-hyperspace travel, but you see my point.
Also explains how Luke managed to get Jedi training in.

Sienar didn't design AT-STs or X-Wings.

Plus hackerman just referred to them as an 'arms-dealer' rather than an arms-manufacturer.

WWII battles in space make no sense; you're 40 years too late for that observation.

Once we accept that it's a thing, though, those bombers felt right at home and my only complaint is why we haven't seen them in the universe sooner.

That wasn't even really meant to be a blunder, it was just Han trying to bamboozle what he thought was a desert hillbilly with fancy sounding words. Obi-Wan's even got a look of "really now" when Han says it.

Of course EU gave an overcomplicated answer for something simple, but that's EU for you.

Was it just me or did this film really feel disjointed? Like all these things were happening but like there was no real force beyond the basic narrative connecting them. Maybe it was too subtle to me. Also, wtf is with Snoke and when will we get backstory on him?

Yup

Yeah, it did have pacing problems. Scenes were too quick and we hardly ever got the time to FEEL what the characters are feeling.

Heads up fellow anons thinking about getting into Armada.
Amazon has the core set for like $30 cheaper and some of the other expansions are a couple dollars off themselves. I just ordered the core, hammerhead corvettes, Rebel and imperial squadron II, the rogues and villains, Interdictor, and raider expansions.

Any good shit to run with those?

It kinda felt like they desperately wanted to go to multiple planets, but didnt really know how to go about it.
"Yo we have to be in at LEAST three planets here, becuase ESB had Hoth, Dagobah and Bespin."

So they had to bring in the whole excursion to Canto Bight which didnt really amount to much (sadly, i was kinda looking forward to seeing it).

They shouldve just had hiding away on the Raddus as they try to escape the first order (something that shouldve been lots of hyperspace jumps whilst trying to work out how to shake them, whilst running out of fuel - rather than a retarded realspace chance), then a bunch of time on Crait at the end. Interspersed with Jedi shenanigans on Ach'to

The "lore" is made up by people after the fact. It always has been. Lucas didn't give a shit about lore; the lore was made up to explain shit he put on screen. This is no different, you're just experiencing it for the first time because you were probably in diapers when the prequels came out.

Rathtar jump shouldn't have been possible because Han didn't calculate a jump. Starkiller jump shouldn't have been possible because the Falcon is travelling faster than lightspeed (that is, FASTER than 186,282 miles PER SECOND) and he manually pulls the ship out of hyperspace at the fraction of a second needed to land in-between the shield and the planet. For reference, Earth is less than 8k miles pole-to-pole. That's travelling more than 150 earths PER SECOND.

Oh, also Cassian launching into hyperspace off Jedha, within the gravity well, and without a calculated jump.

Just accept that the rules of hyperspace work differently in the new canon. It'll save you a lot of time arguing with me.

agreed, besides the very questionable plot decisions and story lines, the movie itself is very poorly put together

Humor is injected too often in serious scenes that ruin any tension or drama, the pacing and tonal shifts from the 3 arcs are jarring to the extreme.

Hell 2/3 of the arcs and half the movie is completely pointless to begin with. Canto Bight's duo did nothing that affects the movie. Poe and the Resistance v First Order Fleet chase scene is agonizing anytime it's on screen and even the main plot line of Rey/Luke/Kylo has a meandering shift through tone

Actually in the old days you COULD do an uncalculated jump just fine.
It was just a terrible idea.

If you did a very short one you wouldnt end up somewhere confusing for your navicomp or hitting any dangerous grav wells and youd probably be fine.
If you make a long unplotted jump however, ffuck knows what youll bump into.

That said, in the original film he did actually say 'fly right through a star or bounce too close to a supernova and that'd end your trip real quick wouldnt it'. Grav wells were just something put in by the EU and later lore, I guess.

It's made by people who fundamentally don't care about what they're writing.

That's why everything has no weight. There's no purpose to the First Order / Resistance struggle. It's all fucking meaningless. Who are the First Order anyway? They just show up randomly like a gang of space gypsies to attack the plucky heroes.

The Empire were EVERYWHERE in EPIV.

The Resistance fleet got wiped out in a single movie. First Order got totally wrecked in the previous one but pulled an armada out of nowhere. Scale means nothing to these writers, and they'll put in no effort to create a sense of immersion for you.

Same goes for the soul of the movie. You have characters spouting lines that'd be inspiring or moving if they'd been set up or planned for in any way beyond 'It'd sound cool for them to say this', regardless whether it's even in character for them or not. It's a movie made to draw out emotions created by robots.

>mfw green milkies and superleia are real

>It's made by people
It's made by an algorithm

I can't wait for Plinkett to rip it a new one

>calculating a trajectory that doesn't shove your ship through a solid object is "overcomplicated" and "ridiculous"
The absolute state of casuals/Disneyfags

Mate, it has been previously said that the only problem with jumping blindly is that you don't know where you are jumping to. So no it's not an impossibility just very dangerous. Same with jumping from a gravity well, you might end up slingshotted into a moon, or off the plane of the galaxy or even just falling apart from the forces. Understand this: gravity effects you in hyperspace, and for that probably the navicomputer turns off the hyperdrive so you won't end up massively off course or worse when you enter a gravity well. Nothing is stopping you from trying besides built in safeties.

As for Han being able to pull the lever at right time it could be muh force or muh luck, but it was not an impossibility from a technical point, just statistically impossible for a human to do.

If you add the simple fact that "gravity can effect hyperspace" it will all make sense, it's why super long range jumps are inaccurate and ships rather make lots of shorter jumps to reposition.

dude, they praised ep7 like it was made out of fucking gold and got butthurt when they got called out, I doubt they will rip it a new one, they are just going to double down on praising it

Why would they praise it when it did far more damage then the prequels ever did? Unless he's a raving hypocrit who simply a hated change in the first place

>raving hypocrit who simply a hated change in the first place
Friend, props for describing every angry SW fan right now.

Yes, because its nominally the ideal non-Lucas Star Wars as described by Plinkett. TLJ has none of that, plus they shit on Rogue 1.

yub yub commander

That would actually explain things

What was the point of that line in the movie?

To explain for the audience what that strange feeling in their gut is.

Mate, you're not even listening. The rules exist to explain what's on screen, not the other way around. That's how it's always been. The explanations for the tech and backgrounds in the OT didn't exist until the EU wrote it into existence. Then the prequels came out and contradicted massive background and story elements, such as Boba Fett and the nature of force ghosts. Then more writers came and explained more background. Now the ST is out and is overwriting things again, but this time they threw out the old rulebook. Not only have the films never bothered to follow written material, this time those old written materials don't even apply.

It's the same as it's always been.

They did not change basic concepts, which on a good chunk of the story is built. They could come out with a prequel movie and say that Anakin was made in a VAT on Kamino from jedi master genes and it wouldn't change the story drastically, but if they decided that the galaxy was only human, or went with something like the force is actually telekinesis and there is no dark or lightside, it would have broken the universe. The same thing they did here, introduced a "new" method to wreck havoc on large level, with equipment a farmer on backwards planet could probably get from his salary.Why would they even need the Deathstar when they can just relativistic torpedoes from any Stardestroyer? It's not a case of a minor slip up, a badly written line said somewhere, or some unimportant plot hole, it's the fucking climax of the movie and they picked a method that destroys everything.

No, it's not. It's not because all the other movies and series exist and are in canon, and what is happening in TLJ doesn't fit in with the galaxy, technology, characters and history of all that material. The movie has answered little to no questions, just plagued the universe with a few contradictions and confusion.

>disliking the new film makes you a hypocrite
So are you paid by post or by word?

I went in with zero expectations.

It wasn't that bad.

Whats his pilot skill level /swg/?

about 5 i'd say

Sup /swg/, I need help with learning to fly against ships with Bomblet Generator and ships that arc-dodge and are turrets.

I was doing some practice games to try to understand matchups with a friend (eg, correcting each other's mistakes so that we both learn) and after 3 games of 2 Gunboats and Quickdraw fucking his double Scurrg+Filler list on the initial engage by dropping a Scurrg and then cleaning up, we managed to get into an end game of 2 undamaged HLC gunbaots vs Bomblet Nym. This took a fuckload of time, and I realized I couldn't kill him- my wincondition should have been to SLAM away and wait for time.

I realize now that I should have taken my non-TL (but still Linked batteries) shots on Nym on the early engage so that I could leverage SLAM to kill the other Scurrg he had (PS 3 Lok) but if he was running something like Miranda Nym, I'm not sure what I can do besides "Kill as much stuff as I can in the first 3 turns and then slam the fuck away"

So /swg/, can you give me advice for how to deal with ships that like to kite and never properly engage? Using a Gunboat and Quickdraw in particular.

Nym, Dash, Miranda, Corran, Asajj, RAC, how do you deal with them when your PS is lower and arc locked (but have secondaries)?

5, and he has an EPT.

How old were you when TPM came out? I'm honestly curious.

Can you point out a single thing with this big of an inconsistency?

It's not an inconsistency, because it's not contradicting any canon material. But to humor you...

Boba Fett's entire existence. Force ghosts existing pre-RotS. Midichlorians. The invention and creation of the Death Star. Travel times in hyperspace. Communication in hyperspace. Leia remembering her mother.

Oh wait, that last one was contradicting one of the films.

Not to mention the somersaults the EU had to do to explain how certain historical facts didn't line up, such as the X-Wing's family tree now including ARC-170s, Dreadnaughts and Victory-classes still being mainstays of the Republic fleet despite us only ever seeing Acclamators and Venators, Mandalorians just... being mandalorians.

Supplementary material has always, ALWAYS existed to explain this shit, and it's always had to backtrack to correct itself when the films do their own thing. We saw something we've never seen happen before. That's it. It doesn't mean there isn't an explanation for it, it doesn't mean that an explanation is impossible. It just means that hey guess what, once again someone's gonna write some tech crunchy piece of material to explain to us why the thing we saw happen that one time isn't something we see happen all the time.

>Leia remembering her mother.
That's the one that fucks me off the most.

The others bug me somewhat, especially the Death Star one, but goddamn that one ws the most obnoxious.

Let's no include "legends", purely just based on the movies, there is a bunch of things not adding up in EU, but it basically became fanfic for writers,

>Boba Fett
Nothing suggest Boba Fett couldn't be a clone.
> Force ghosts existing pre-RotS
Do you mean the hinting that Qui-Gon returned? And why couldn't they exist?
>Midichlorians.
As opposed to what? Both Yoda and Obi-Wan talked vaguely about it, though I haven't watched the english version yet.
>Deathstar
If anything, rogue one contradicts this one.
>Travel time
Really? Travel times are inconsistent in most mediums, if it's not important plot vise who cares?
>Communication.
Looked the same in both trilogy.
>Leia remembering her mother.
Anakin was able to see Padmé through the Force, why couldn't she be able to do the same thing?

How is this even a relevant matter? It's a single line of the dialog, if she said no, she doesn't remember nothing would have changed, yet in this case one of the very act the defines how the story unfold from now is fundamentally wrong and questions the basics of sw warfare.

So the morons in the audience wouldn't think it was another snow planet

She literally says she has memories of her mother, who now canonically dies before she was born.
It's not even difficult to make that fit for fucks sake.
But they just dont.
The sheer level of 'not giving a fuck' is frustrating.

As for the rest of your stuff, he's talking about stuff that is completely at odds with the old EU material, so saying 'lets ignore legends' to try and pick them apart is pretty dumb.

Yes, exactly this.

TLJ contradicts our current understanding of hyperspace collisions. Yes, that's a problem. But it's hardly the first time this has happened, and it's hardly the most egregious. What is going to happen is someone is going to write something in either a novel, a comic, a reference source, or now even an animated series, that will explain it away. This is the nature of the beast, and it always has been.

Not him, but Leia could easily remember someone as her mother, but is obvious to us that it's not her biological mother.

Luke explicitly asks if she remembers her real mother.

So everyone's talking about how the hyperdrive kamikaze is kind of lore-breaking, but how about a SINGLE FUCKING BOMBER blowing up an ENTIRE MANDATOR-IV CLASS DREADNOUGHT?

>inb4 yeah but a light fighter blew up the Executor sooooo

Luke clearly says "your REAL mother" because Luke wants to known about his mother that he has no memories of.

This implies that Luke and Leia both know that Leia is adopted and Leia's response of that she does remember Padme implies she had least had a few years with her.

Presumably they hit a poorly designed weak spot which blew out the big goddamn guns, chain reactions, etc?

Sure, she could.
But she knows she was adopted, and Luke specifically asked about her 'real mother'.

Yeah because the EU doesn't contradicts itself at all.

What is the biggest thing then?

She could even remember, because mug force, but it's irrelevant, she remembering or not doesn't change anything, whereas ships being able to hyperspace-ram-instakill stuff, begs the question of why this haven't been mentioned before.