HS Cards That Would Get Banned in Magic Thread

Disregarding effects that cannot be translated into magic.

>not 2/1
pleb

Even with the balance it was still busted. I don't know why i didn't change it back.

I'd till play Bob over it.

That's barely playable, let alone broken.

Sign in blood, for one extra mana and the same loss of life, lets you draw two cards.

He'd be strong at 2/1.

1/1 makes him instantly forgettable.

Though he may have kobold interactions I don't know about but I doubt they're relevant.

You mean this one come with a body and costs half what sign in blood does?

As a 1/1 it'd probably be fine in MtG. It's the fact that it's an aggressively costed 2/1 that cantrips that would push it over the top.

Whatischannel.jpg

Banned everywhere, retard

Am I doing it right?

>the thing that cost more do more things

Only because persistent damage isn't a thing in magic.

It's pretty easy to do though

Lightspawn - 3W
Creature - Elemental
Lightspawn enters the battlefield with five +1/+1 counters on it.
Whenever Lightspawn is dealt damage, remove that many +1/+1 counters from it instead.
0/0

And it's pretty bad. Definitely not something that would be banned (I know this wasn't your point, I'm just saying).

>Disregarding effects that cannot be translated into magic
A 4 mana 5/5 that takes damage in -1/-1 counters seems completely fine. Pretty good in limited if it had "2: remove up to 2 -1/-1 counters from ~."

a 1 black mana that is a 2/1 with an effect "When it enters the battlefield, you lose 2 life and draw a card", I would play the shit out of it. Suicide Black now in style, baby!

This is just playable, not bannable. Remember baleful strix is a card too, and that has formats it's legal in.

Hearthstone has a different p/t to mana cost norm.

He means it's a more efficient use of resources ya dingus.

But that's not correct, if you give it +0/+3 it also gains +3/+0, while a bonus of +3/+0 gives it +0/+0 instead.

Just copy Doran's effect

A 1/1 compared to drawing a card? A 1/1 is worth nothing

>Lightning Helix HIppo
>WWRR
>Creature: Hippo Shaman
>When Lightning Helix Hippo enters the battlefield, deal 3 damage to target creature or player and you gain 3 life
>4/5

Or you know, Siege Rhino.

that's actually not very powerful. it's just a cantrip creature.
it's quite good if you can reanimate it for cheap but 2 damage for 1 card is a good ratio for stopping such a deck from getting too good.

if it was 2/1 it would be pretty good, but not ban worthy. as a 1/1 it's perfectly fine.

>Even included the trample clause
What a guy

>what is death's shadow

I'll be honest, I actually completely forgot that Siege Rhino existed.

And clearly I didn't see the trample.

So why not make it a 0/5 that assigns damage using its toughness and takes all damage in the form of -1/-1 counters?

Rip warsong commander.

>if you can reanimate it for cheap
Why the fuck would you ever want to reanimate a 1/1?

Because wizards could only print that at mythic because it takes more than 2 seconds to read it.

the 1/1 body isn't very relevant, and for B and 2 life I expect to be able to search my entire library and put the card I want on top of it.

Do you think it's still 94? Even as a 2/1 that card would just be good. It would not require a ban.

Warsong Commander - 2R (1RR?)
Creature - Orc Warrior
Whenever a creature with power 3 or less enters the battlefield, it gains haste until end of turn.
2/3

forgot *under your control* clause.

Reminder that after this nerf, Blizzard continued to ensure that at least one OTK for fifty to infinity damage was in Standard at all times

Ok mister everything has to be vintage world. Meanwhile those of us in reality will remember that Thraben Inspector and Phyrexian Rager were both strong enough for standard.

Why the fuck are people saying this is bad? Do you not remember Thraben inspector? Or do you think thraben inspector having 2 toughness is a big deal? This is a great card. Probably wouldn get banned anywhere, but it would be strong.

If you're planning on spamming its etb effect the 2 life will matter, and Thraben Inspector has better stats and an extremely relevant tribal synergy.

2 life won't matter in msot match ups, thraben's stats are exactly as shit as this, very rarely does 1 to 2 toughness make a difference. If you asbuse the ETB then losing 2 life is far better then paying 2 mana every time. Also for sinergy, yes that's true, but reminder that Thraben is played in modern DeT too where there is absolutely no synergy for humans, just because his ETB is good and this one is far better.

?

>Sealed Abomination
>UBR
>6/6
>Sealed Abomination can't attack or block.
>If you have 9 cards in your hand, transform Sealed Abomination.

>Abomination Awakened
>6/6
>When Abomination Awakened is transformed, it deals 3 damage to each opponent and each creature they control.

The main thing is that creatures are easier to abuse with things like flicker and reanimation and getting etb/death triggers and whatnot

I think you don't even need to have it take damage in -1/-1 counters, because at that point it's only trying to emulate the Heartstone rule and not the creature's ability.

>do you think thraben inspector having 2 toughness is a big deal?
Yes. It is actually. Surprisingly so. A 1/1 for 1 that draws you a card is not particularly good. A 2/1 for 1 that cantrips is pretty great though, and a 1/2 for 1 that lets you draw a card at later time (as well as turning on all your artifact synergies) is also pretty good/great.

the only instance where 2 toughness is relevant i can think of right now is electrolize. What other card punishes 1 toughness in modern?

Oh and staticaster.

A 6/6 flyer for 4w that costs 2 less for each creature you control that entered the battle field this turn. Seems strong.

>flashback Lingering Dicks
>cast that for W
A 4/4 flyer for W is bretty gud.
I just usually divide by 300 for FoW cards. I think it can apply to any jap TCG though.

Yeah but the pay 2 life part kind of limits its effectiveness there. If it was just 1/1 draw a card on ETB it might be better than a draw 2 spell depending on the deck but as is I think it'd usually be worse.

I'd still play it over sign in blood in anything that has sac outlets.

I do 200 for force mostly from life totals 4000 >> 20
Mostly looking at thunder for comparison, a 500 damage lightning bolt, if you divide by 300 it becomes worse than shock and it certainly isn't.

Damage needs to be scaled up a bit more. In MTG 3 life is 15% of your health where in hearthstone its only 10%. Four to five at random would fit hearthstone more.

I can see that being fitting, I used 300 for some other cards and it seemed a fair. So probably 200 for some, 300 for others. Or is 200 overall just better than 300 from your experience?

No you wouldn't. Having a 1/1 in your deck that doesn't do anything on its own other than replace itself and that provides no benefit when sacced is not free. In fact, it's a cost just to put it into your deck.

4-5 random is too stable for HS. Make it 1-5.

That's balanced