Do you guys still do Catastrophe threads...

Do you guys still do Catastrophe threads? I remember coming her a couple times and seeing this way back but is it over now?

It's been a long while, faggot. There's still threads here and there but we're pretty catgirl'd out.

Shame. I guess I'll have to scrounge up some archives then.

Yep.

The setting is made, we even made a couple of systems for it, there's enough lore and enough ambiguity for anons to create their own versions.

We did pretty much everything we could. It's one of those rare Veeky Forums projects that are -done-.

That said, nothing is stopping you from posting your own lore/ideas here. Nothing except shitposters, but they're just a free bump for the thread anyway.

Ya I really thought the idea was great, just wish I came here more when the threads were consistent. Thanks for the replies.

I can post some of my saved art. if we're lucky we could even get setting discussion going.

I personally wanted to talk about terrestial animals. On a map that's circulating around these threads there's still a shitton of dry ground left. So i've been watching The Future Is Wild and thinking up beasties that live on the land.

Would love to see descendants of mutated species from right now. Love the pic by the way.

Domesticated species could survive solely because of sheer numbers, go feral , and then start getting domesticated once again. that's pretty standard stuff.

What i got on top of that is that some animals managed to bind with nanotech humans left. So we've got "magical" plants and beasts. Sure, the odds of a successful symbiosis might be minuscule, but sometimes it works. Of such symbiosis i got electricity-storing plants, similarly electricity-storing giant sandworms straight from Mongolian folklore (olgoi-khorkhoi), "i can't believe it's not displacer beast" and armored bears (because just bears are not bad enough).

Some great stuff. Using plants for electrical storage and powering/harvesting sounds awesome. Did enemies/"monsters ever get fleshed out?

For less fantastical stuff i got rabbits that somehow grew huge and evolved nasty temper. As they are too chewy to eat (and for kemomimi it's like us eating monkeys, sure, they're animals, but still...), they are commonly used as riding animals. Getting them to actually listen to you and not try to headbutt you into the nearest tree is a hell of a chore, though.

1d4chin has descriptions of animals and robots.

Personally i take a lot of inspiration from Mega Man Legends. The overall feel of that setting is very close to my vision of CATastrophe and reaverbots have interesting variations easily adapted for Oldguards.

Love em. Really digging this concept art, gonna check out 1d more.

these dudes are by androidarts guy, so not really MML but they're neat.

Of course more land means that there are land towns, too.

Also, as much as it's disliked on Veeky Forums, Numenera is a decent inspiration. A lot of it is too fantasy-ish, but its more down-to-earth aspects can fit easily (and gave me inspiration for some technologies).

>#5
It's like some weird mashup of the MST3K bots; Head bobblies from Tom Servo, Gypsy's eye and Crow's mouth

Thanks for that, I'll look into it.

I like #23. Drillsquid is a surprisingly interesting concept

>autonomous underwater digging machine
>grapples the surface with tentacles and starts drilling it with its "head"
>not very dangerous as it needs to grapple the surface and it to stay still
>can be reprogrammed to get access to a collapsed entrance/ bunker behind the sturdy door

As a side note would machines from the earless still survive from long ago? Could we potentially see facilities still running?

In my version of the setting, titular catastrophe happened sometimes in (our) future.

Most of what earless built was made to be sturdy as fuck. Of course time and wear still reduced about half of it into barely functioning scrap, but that's what relic hunters and eartaku are for - to find, retrieve and restore.Buildings, too, didn't disintegrate much (lucky ones, anyway) and sometimes getting a new home is as easy as clearing some rubble and fitting a new roof.

One settlement i thought of is remains of a colossal Earless mining operation inside the mountain (for what purpose? It is a mystery). The entrance is at the top of the mountain (now an island), upper tunnels are cleared from debris and repurposed for living and lower tunnels are half-flooded and swarming with nasties.

The bunkers in which Kemomimi were created had some useful tech too - including nanolathes (advanced 3d printers), so many towns enjoy almost modern standards of living.

Actually, Oldguards surviving is a plot point - there's no way so many of them would still roam the oceans (there are FLEETS of those things), so somewhere exists a factory that keeps belching them out.

I like it. A quest to clear out a new settlement perhaps?
What are old guards?

Maintenance and combat robots left by humans. Over time, with no maintenance, their programming went cray and now they fiercely guard the ruins or patrol the seas.

some say they had a role in humanity's disappearance

Bump?

What do you guys think about not!magic in CATastrophe? For my Ryuutama hack i'm refluffing magic type into nanotech user.

What about VeloCITY?