Warhammer 40,000 General - /40kg/

They're trying their best edition

>Dark Angels Preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/04/chapter-focus-dark-angels/

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer Updated for Tyranids? Math-user requests vetting
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/12/15/the-future-of-faqs-and-chapter-approved-dec-15gw-homepage-post-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for smite nerf

Red Scorpions or Blood Ravens?

Blood ravens are funner to paint.

T'au are pretty cool

Asking again since I never got an answer; what are some 3rd party sources for hereticus inquisitor heads?

Lascannon devastators vs predator vs melta bikes vs melta assault squad? for my anti tank choices in blood angels

>beta testing in my TT

Was this part of CA? I kinda like it, though it nerfs zoanthropes a bit hard.

Nah this wasn't part of CA but they did mention in the stream they were working on a nerf to smite spam. I guess this is part of it.

predator is your most effective choice. devastators need meatshields which make them expensive

Considering only the strongest possible list you can make and a the most recent cheese, who are the top 5 and bottom 5 armies in power ranking? Bonus points for motivating your answer.

>CSM player kills my Blood Angels warlord with Abaddon's Talon of Horus, reminding me it was this weapon that kiled Sanguinius
>mfw

Daemons codex soon, my fellow Slaves of Darkness.

What do you want to see in it?

Who needs meat shields when the other half of my army is deep striking in and tearing up theirs. Also it helps that Devs are wounding most units on 3+ in combat so it isnt that bad.

Remember in 6th when the talon gave all Blood Angels Hatred:Abaddon?

>5 each
Ugh, how about Ultramarines toptier and sisters of silence shittier?

I've got a store league game tonight versus iron hands marines.

I should be alright, as his list is something mine is more or less tailored to fight. But if I don't get first turn, it will definitely be a real struggle to keep ahead.

I don't know exactly what the list is, but it has 3 autocannon/heavy bolter predators, 3 Vindicator, a lieutenant captain and techmarine by the predators and some tactical marines for command points. I'm not sure what else is there. Probably razorbacks for the tacticals or some scattered lascannons or something.

But I figured as long as I can focus down 1 predator and 1 Vindicator turn 1 I can weather the storm and pull a win since he won't have the 3 vehicles necessary for his stratagems. If I go second though, I think at least half of my artillery bugs will turn to paste.

2k Kronos
2 identical battalions

Hive tyrant
>wings, toxin sacs, rending claws, heavy venom cannon, smite, catalyst, psychic scream (warlord has miasma cannon and soul hunger trait)

Tyranid Prime
>Boneswords, Adrenal glands, deathspitter

3 Ripper bases

3 Warriors
>boneswords, 2 deathspitters, venom cannon

3 Warriors
>boneswords, 2 deathspitters, venom cannon

2 Carnifex
>spore cysts, enhanced senses, deathspitters with slimer maggots, heavy venom cannon

Exocrine

2,000 points/9 CP

I should be good, right?

How badly did that one Death Company chaplain fuck up Abaddon? Was it just "he actually fought Abaddon before dying" or was it "he actually beat the crap out of Abaddon before dying"

This is going to fucking wreck Tsons : ( Horrors won't be able to cast and it won't be worth it for rubricae to cast for fear of getting rekt by perils.

>no guards
get some guards

GW's been constantly out of stock and our lists are locked. I work with what I've got.

You should turn your warlord into DC for fluffy reason. Filled with Black Rage after being hit with Talon of Horus.

Nerfs for everyone across the board. Daemons are a shit tier army and should forever remain so.

Predator is nice but suffers from being one expensive model with degrading stats.

Devistators are good BUT be sure to bring 2 or more naked models to absorb fire and hide them in cover.

Melta Bikes are just asking to be shot off the board on turn 1 because of their speed letting them cap objectives.

Assault squads won’t be in melta range so only about 1 in 5 shots will even get through, at which point you get a single D6.

Take a combination. A Lascannon team and/or a Tank can sit in the backfield while bikes or assault squad Deep Striking into cover can make your enemy panic and fire his heavy weapons into them.

Probably pretty bad since he's still wounded from it.

The list looks fine enough, but you suffer from a severe lack of bodies.
I recently took 2nd in a local tourney with this list, if you want anything to go by

Deepstrike on all the units. increase in movement speed for Bloodthirsters. Skull cannon buffs. You know the small things.

>no guards
what, I just got 2 boxes today.

But if you aren't able to change anything why even ask if you're going to be alright. Whatever we say wont have an impact.

Whew I'm glad they got that targeting thing sorted, that could have caused all kinds of totally legitimate and not at all shitposty confusion

What? The character thing is specifically to gut the Guilliman+Celestine+13 Calexus Assassin list, not for the whole "cant be targeted unless closest period" thing

They'll find some other poorly written thing to shitpost about sooner or later.

This is for the guys who read the new Fabius novel.

Did Fabius make the right decision in the end?

Deep strike stratagems
Better mind control spell for tzeentch
viable screamers of tzeentch
pre-rolled dice for tzeentch that you can use whenever
More AoS units

Xth for the absolute state of GK.
I’m gonna need a big ass penguinpost for this one.

I'm a little worried about this. I think the obnoxious character stuff is cancerous and killing the game-- but because characters can't join units anymore, there's nothing really stopping shooty armies from assassinating them before they every become a problem.

It's not that I like the current system. But I'm concerned with what can be done to replace it, seeing as characters this edition were based entirely around it.

I love chameleonic tyrants. I have about 50 Genestealers, but I've played a few games with this and I really love how it performs. Does best against marine transport and bike armies.

It was originally meant to fight a wall of dreadnoughts.

I really wish I had hive guard and Biovores.

>daemon post
>666
Your wish shall be granted

Fire Warriors +3 BS when?

Get some 3rd edition biovores off ebay, cheap as chips and easy as fuck to recast, as for hive guard, I've had mild success converting warriors into them when GW goes out of stock, just takes some time and bits, but the result is nice enough

at 5 MLs

It's a kick in the balls for Tsons too.

>He wants T'au to be hitting on 2+ and re-rolling hits with markerlights
user please stop

Mental support? Giving a heads up before a batrep shows up? Outside views on the list and possible weaknesses I haven't taken into account so I can better plan around them?

General community goodstuff.

Alright so does protect (+1 to saving throws) effect the +5 fnp from fortune? If so I am going to completely lose my shit from dealing with shining spears now.

No. That’s not a saving throw. Sorry.

Why not have ML allow for re-rolling 1s or somesuch nonsense?

Source?

Community site

warhammer-community.com/2017/12/15/the-future-of-faqs-and-chapter-approved-dec-15gw-homepage-post-2/

>(whether successful or not)
Welp there goes my Pink Horrors.

Yes. In the end he realized he could never control Fulgrim and that he would probably fall again. He would just be making the same mistakes over again.
He now has a nice cache of geneseed to use or bargain.

I'm a Tsons player and what the actual fuck. I feel like aspiring sorcerers and the scarab sarge would be even more useless. The only fix at this point is to load us down with psychic powers and witch-fires and allow all our beta psykers to start with a power other than smite. We either we need more Mastery Level 1 psyks.

What if the reroll 1's ML level was removed entirely and a reroll all misses at 3 was put in?

Odd. I looked before posting. And didn't see it. Thanks for the share

Change 5 marker lights to reroll misses. It's absolutely retarded that Fire Warriors have less BS than Space Marines and the only way to get them back up to 3+ is to hit something with FIVE fucking markerlights. Absurd

user have you fucking read the markerlight table?

I was hoping on getting several hive guard kits for a similar reason. Since they clearly aren't coming out with a dual bio/pyrovore kit any time soon, I would rather convert my own Biovores like pic related.

How the hell do you get 1 in 5?

Careful. The space marine players might take umbridge with you insinuating that your unaltered unassisted warriors can keep up with Marines.

5 bikes and 7 devs with a cherub equal the preds price and beat its numbers, but preds are really overrated anyway.

The best things overall for SM are Storm Cannon Array Leviatah Dreads and further behind it are Lascannon Mortis Contemptors.

How does one equip a can-opener fex?
Venom cannon or deathspitters?
Talons and spend CP to reroll wounds or claws and pray you charge?
Tusks for melee or bioplasma to kill more models and more shots in overwatch?
Bone mace is a must.

I wouldn't say it's killing the game but it plays differently from before. I quite like that it makes characters more than simple beat sticks but the out of unit thing feels weird for some of them. I think I'd prefer command squads with member being a sort of purchasable buff but I guess the idea was that you wouldn't have all your buffs concentrated in one place

Put 1 and 2 as 1, 3 and 4 as 2, 5 as 3 and markerlights are pretty good again but not ridiculous.

oh thank god thats what I thought but I just wanted to make sure.

OOE will forever remain the best can opener fex, but if you cant run him, then tusks, bone made, hvc, and c claws will do you well enough

R.I. fucking P.

From my terrible head math. It’s actually 2/3*1/2 for T8 so I should have said 1 in 3.

Oh, definitely not in all cases! But when you can run horrifying Forgeworld Shas'O'Bama lists and deny overwatch thanks to character rules, I think it gets a bit crazy. I think the character rules are usually harmless, but can be used to seriously game the system.

>It's absolutely retarded that Fire Warriors have less BS than Space Marines

>It's absolutely retarded that a xeno with shitty eyes have less BS than a genetic mutant designed to master of war.

Do we know the points changes for DAngles yet?

Tusks, cysts, and 4 talons
Quad devoursers, cysts, and acid maw/senses
Venom cannon, deathspitters, cysts, acid maw/enhanced senses
Screamer-killer with cysts

These are your best 4 options of carnifex

Has anyone plaued with the new T""""au strategem yet? I'd imagine it's much easier to get to 5 MLs with just 1 squad of pathfinders now.

>GW nerfing smite rather than nerf the spammible psykers abusing it
AHAHAHAHA, I knew it, typical GW!
TSons, Grey Knights and Orks BTFO.

>Crushing claw fexes
Avoid at all costs unless you're running OOE nearby.

Tau are already genetically superior to Gue'la. Space Marines genetic alterations just bring them up to the average Taus level

>Orks BTFO.
They're not nerfed too bad as they can surround their Psykers with Boyz to counter the redo.

I mean, you ARE running OOE, right... Right?

Can we go even a day without this shit for once?

>unironically suggesting the acid maw
Really? I got the impression that it was completely inferior to all other weapons and only has a use on a dakka fed who will only want to use senses anyway.

>Tau are already genetically superior to Gue'la
>However their pupils do not dilate, giving poorer depth perception and providing slower vision focusing reflexes than humans.
Bro, do you even dilate? Gotta do some eye reps to build your sight strength.

user getting 5 markerlights with one squad of pathfinders was pretty easy before. if you fire the entire squad with markerlights at BS4+ you will hit half the time and a 10 man squad will land atleast 5 markerlights on average.

>two faqs a year and point changes once a year
guess they're back to their old shit then

Yes, Primarchs had their chance.

The Tau can see further than humans and have better sight in the light spectrum.

Reach/length is what really matters.

>GKs just get pummled further into the ground because other armies are better
Goddamn, I'm sorry you guys.
You don't deserve this.

Say that to my face and see what happens.

I thought only girth mattered.

Had the Tau been around for the Heresy who would the Emperor have sent to exterminate them?

If you want to spread your genes more successfully, length is more important.

>didn't kill a knight
shit/10

> Thought about working on GK as side army.
> Nerf hammer hit them harder than ever.

It seems DAs is the new hotness for me.

A bunch of bluemen with spears? Literally anyone.

Weird boys will love this. With their own +'s due to boyz, they have an increasigly good chance of not periling as the more of them smite.

Whoever was nearest, which I think means Ultramarines.

4 S6 AP-5 Dd3 attacks and still have full shooting.

I'm the kronos player above, and I still wanted to take the maw over senses. I stuck with senses because I had combat warriors to back my fexes up. Otherwise why wouldn't I want my fexes to not be useless if they get in combat?

>design units solely to spam smite
>remove smite spam as a mechanic
durrr