>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>WIP's own 10-point painting scale:
pastebin.com/sxXFfws3

>Previous Threads:

Has anyone sent bronxville anons package yet, in getting nervous

repost because the other thread died

ty again Koln user. did you get the timebomb game at the Japon Brand booth in Essen?

I fuck love these threads and will one day paint a mini worthy of (you)'s

Until then I really enjoy seeing everyones hard work and the knowledge that is presented.

How do you get dust off of a primed model that's been sitting on your shelf?

You do realize that most people do not post top tier work, but rather all skill levels are represented, right?

run it under the faucet

one of those soft makeup brushes would probably work, running the mini under water is another idea but from my experience it never works out well.

>How do you get dust off of a primed model that's been sitting on your shelf?
blast of air (airbrush, can of air), but be gentle or you might break bits off.
Or put it under some running water, acrylic paints are waterproof.

Has anyone ever tried using non-gaming paints?
I found this box at my old uni's store. It was about $9 for five 2 fl oz bottles of paint. Obviously actually using them requires some skill in mixing paint, but each has 4.5 x as much paint as a GW paint pot. That's a pretty good deal if it can work for models.

It comes out thick, but a little flow improver fixes that nicely.

Thoughts? Experience?
I'd give a review myself, but I am ass at painting, so any models I post would look terrible regardless.

Hey Secret Santa from Austria, the parcel got to my parents house, so dont expect the unboxing until next Friday. I say this because the last year I almost losted my mind reloading wip to see if my match posted the gift. He eventually did, but I never got to see the actual thread.

Looking for thoughts on this dude. I'm liking the pose, but as I'm doing this for a competition I wanted to get external opinions on how it's looking. Will prob give him the bolt pistol in his right hand.

shit

I was alot happier before I added the bronze, I want him to look way grimier and dirty. Never did skin this way before though and it is turning out better than I thought it would.

I've had some success with craft paints, in particular browns and greens from Americana. Red was always shit though, and blues were okay at best.

Yes. Betweening moving and being duped by worker at my lgs i have been occupied else where.

>boyo told me to just slap on shade like it was primer and everything would settle right.
>Now I'm stripping my dudes and repainting them right.
>Im excited to do it right.

As in, "Shit, why didn't I think about using this stuff myself?" or, "Shit; the quality of this paint is just shit."

In my limited experience they did the job, but also, the paint didnt stick too well and can be rubb off very easily.

Might be usable for terrain where you're not painting as small details.
Generally the pigments are much coarser in these paints, which makes them inferior for use on models, but I imagine painting a table surface with them will be just fine.

glad you like it! to answer your earlier questions: yes I've printed them myself.
I got it directly from Japon Brand since I've translated the rules into German for them.
Really great that you're a board/cardgamer. that's awesome.

Thanks for the help.

>Has anyone ever tried using non-gaming paints?
>Thoughts? Experience?

Yes. You'll never achieve the greatness you desire with such crap.

I have a lot of old models painted with paint like that, and they're the worst of the lot. I've sold off and replaced some of them, going so far as to repaint two entire squads with modern techniques and good paint. It makes a tremendous difference.

>Might be usable for terrain where you're not painting as small details.

OK, maybe I need to amend my statement. You *can* actually use this stuff on bases or big terrain pieces that represent dirt, rocks, hills, and the like. But I wouldn't apply it to any surface that has the detail we've come to expect from 21st-century miniature-makers.

Thanks for the new chinork, user. Da boyz is gonna loot the panzees fingie

>not waiting until christmas to open your secret Santa

You all disgust me.

I wish I had time to participate.

>opening your secret santa dragon dildo in front of your family

>not opening your secret santa dragon dildo in front of your family

Posting my WIP guard collection. I don't play 40k but I kinda want to. I don't know if this would even make sense one the tabletop. What can I add/remove to make a small army to learn the game with?

post your shit minis, no one cares
looking good. I've painted 1 fucking elf in the entire IoB set.

>russ hatch upside down

Why do people keep doing this?

gettin pretty grody, added some ryza rust and typhus corrosion,laid down the base material-gonna end up washing it and maybe adding a puddle of blood. but I'm wondering if it's starting to look TOO drab.

oh. thats kinda funny but also embarrassing, guess i gotta buy a new one.

I mean, thats pretty much it right there. Get your rule book and download battlescribe, you have what looks to be a little more than a start collecting box.

Just don't scrub it while under the faucet, just run it under and then let it drip dry or shake it dry if you're confident in the glue hold of the model.

Why would the dude be looking at the bolt pistol? You may want to change the direction the head is facing.

>picturesque snowfall
>not too dry, not too wet
>perfect for the season
>silently fuming because I have a million things I want to prime and paint
why can't it be a shitty and horrible green christmas
fuck

E L on Sussex, your gift is coming from a Samson Smith via UPS

I've got an old chimera that I assembled as a teenager that has the same problem. It's open and with a commander in the cupola. I pray that nobody notices.

Totally will, just haven't started cutting into the apothecary pieces yet in case opinion's leaning towards the stock pose.

You can do one of two things:

1. Get an airbrush
2. Get some brush on primer

I know user got my package because he signed for it but he hasn't posted in the thread, I hope you liked your stuff user, I personally thought the Malus Darkblade books were rad.

thats deffo better user. i think the bronze was too yellowy at first but the ryza rust has deffo helped

And get a good brush and compressor, if you do. I got a cheap Harbor Freight kit to learn with, and while it's okay, I feel like I'm stuck with it for longer than I've wanted to and HF doesn't even sell parts to maintain.

How does the Apple Barrel and Folk Art paint from wal-mart perform? I'm on a budget.

Added some details and tried to make some hooves and horns. Im spending way too much time on this...

Spray indoors, paint high on fumes.

I wouldn't do it
I tried it and it just does not go on evenly

>How does the Apple Barrel and Folk Art paint from wal-mart perform?

See . You're going to be disappointed unless you're painting up an insulation foam hillside for your gaming table.

>I'm on a budget.

I understand that; you may have to squeeze to get the colours you absolutely need for the models you're currently working on, and set any other aside until such time as you can afford the right paints for them.

That being said, Hobby Lobby stocks Vallejo paints, and they usually have a coupon going if you don't mind multiple trips to the same merchant to buy things one at a time.

There's also option 3, which is priming a stock of things to paint before the winter season hits.

Which I normally do, because brush ons all have a slightly different finish when compared with spray primers.

vallejo paints are pretty cheap if you get them in boxed sets instead of individually.

>The Last Hunt: A White Scars novel
>When one of their recruiting worlds comes under threat from a splinter fleet of Hive Fleet Leviathan, Joghaten Khan leads the 4th Company to protect the planet

Wait, what? I thought the WSs solely recruit from their homeworld?

It's ok, just ignore anything Black Library releases

I cannot stress enough, I really can't emphasise enough... that Black Library is fucking garbage and should be ignored 100% of the time in all instances.

But aren't the old, good novels also black library?

Thought the same. It explains why everyone from the Chapter looks Asian, because the entire planet is made up of those people. If they recruit from other planets, even for just a small portion of them, odds are they would be more diverse in terms of appearance, unless they actively look out for planets that look Asian like them. Which would be weird.

They are coming out wonderful user!

>Dreams of Unity :A Horus Heresy story
>A Thunder Warrior, fighting in the gladiatorial pits, is drawn into a deadly battle between two vicious predators – one of them a Custodian Guard.
>READ IT BECAUSE : It's a look at the life the remaining Thunder Warriors live, beneath the radar on Terra, and the obligation some of them still feel to defend the cradle of humanity.
>It's a look at the life the remaining
>the remaining Thunder Warriors live

Jesus Christ, not even on the third paragraph and already I see a spelling error and missing word of "of" before the "the". Doesn't BL review their material?

They are now, but any sort of quality, impartiality is out the fucking window as authors jerk off their favourite faction so we get nothing but fan-fiction.

It's why Chaos are now brave, noble, honourable, selfless souls that only want whats best for the galaxy and the Emperor was an autistic, mentally ill, evil, deranged monster far worse than any in the Chaos Pantheon.

The best decision I made in this hobby was dropping Black Library wank years ago.

A marine's skin tone is determined by their Melanchromic Organ (or other aspect of their gene-seed) though. That's why you've got stuff like Salamanders having jet black skin.

But more a important question, why is trying to discuss fluff in /wip/?

at the pace they release they either have a massive editorial staff (who are awful at their jobs) or they have one or two underpaid suckers who couldn't do a good job if their lives depended on it due to the volume. I'm guessing the latter is the case

At this rate my SS package won't arrive before Christmas anyway

What does skin colour have to do with the Asian features of the White Scars?

>Sent my package to US user from UK last Saturday
>Check tracking number today
>Hasn't even left the fucking country yet

Silly me thinking in the 21st fucking century it should take less than

it all started with warhammer but i used to work for a game distributor/wholesale company for a few years and i do some big tradeshows like spiel for them to this day. i mostly play wargames that are more /hwg than board game. but when i have visitors that don't like plasitc toy soldiers or hex/chit grand war games i have carcasonne and ticket to ride and cardgames like citadels and such. sometimes we even play risk, that almost qualify's as a wargame i guess

i also like hard to get or older games, everything is cooler with an Avalon Hill logo, games from small publishers, or games like the one you shipped, i know it's 2017 so everything comes from everywhere, but the thought that little game that's not somoething really mass produced/marketed came halfway arround the world to be added to my wierdly eclectic games collection makes it better then 10 johnny's

sorry for blogpost, are the cookies safe to eat? they smell good

What? You're wrong mate, "a look at the life the remaining Thunder Warriors live" is perfectly gramatically correct.

RN from California, I got your gift! These are all nice. I especially appreciate the OOP chaos cultist, since I play CSM.
What are the robots from?

How would you get this effect on the armor?
It looks to me like he painted it black, drybrushed it with metal, then sponged on some rust.

>All this fluff and grammar discussion in WIP
C'mon

Jingle bells
Resin smells
Celestine is a saint
Peachy quips about brush tips
And Duncan drank his paint

I think it'd be cool if he was holding someone up. Like some heretic scum yknow?

Advancing through Macragge
With a rape train made of cheese
In Rowboats name we pray
re-rolls everyday. Hey!

Still looking for color ideas for the wings, belly, and spines of my sapphire dragon. Most appealing idea I’ve gotten is a blue-grey mix.

I'm not in a hurry, waiting for mine is fun. I just hope my match isn't blowing a gasket over shitty shipping or something.

Loved everything i got from Secret Santa, except the mints. Hate mints.

Especially happy about the resin tech marine, never worked with resin before so it's a good time to learn and Aiyana from Warmachine. Always wanted that model.

Lasguns and plasma ring
Purging xenos right
Oh what fun it is to sing
A holy hymn tonight
OH

that's good to hear. what a coincidence that I shipped a little obscure japanese card game to someone that actually collects obscure little games.

the cookies are made from flour, sugar, butter eggs and nuts. They are very safe to eat. the dough was made by my fiancée and baked by her and myself. so far we had no side effects from eating them. They were shipped to you on Monday this week so they should be good.

Alien style Tyranid scheme. Test model.

Thoughts ?

Looks like Heavy Gear to me, so Heavy Gear Blitz?

Totally though of stuff like that, holding a xeno head in his left hand or w/e. But alas, I'm on a schedule for a painting comp so I'm not gonna go crazy with the modding.

Jingle bells
Morty smells
Papa Smurf lost his legs
Fulgrim got dicked Magnus tricked
And Abby got away

sorta looks like a mess - i also am not sure such a subdued scheme will really translate from eye-to-tabletop height

The silver trim looks too much like metal. They look like iron hands 'nids

It's total trash strip it and try painting like an adult, not a 10 year old.

pretty boring and poorly executed, at the very least create some contrast between the minin and the base

Full Black Nids don't look right. Unless you made the skin matte and the fleshy bits shiny.

First thing is that your carapiece and skin clash like hell. Like other anons said, metal doesn't work for nids too well.
Also invest in some better lighting to take pictures in. With that light I can't even see what you did with the devourer.

Consider the original xenomorph. Incorporate some brown, lighter colors around the mouth and head. Also consider greenstuffing the eyes and forehead a bit, probably the easiest GS modification that anyone could do.

Erm, sorry dude but lets have a think

For future reference, don't do this

>4.66 MB, 4640x2610

That hormagaunt is now the size of a small dog on my screen, and I can see every blemish, every drybrush stroke.

No paint job is ever ever going to look good blown up to this size, even GW Eavy Metal paintjob imperfections would be highlighted here.

Shrink it down to something like picture related, as it gives a more realistic and better idea of how people will view it on the table top.

Black + Silver + pure white highlights? It just doesn't look Tyranidy to me, I appreciate you said you were going for the alien look but its hard to pull off, you may just want to consider priming black, and drying brushing different levels of grey

I sometimes wish there was a humane society for miniatures. So they can go to a better home with two thin coats and a light dry brushing before bed

I sent mine to Canada, the tracking # hasn't updated in around 5 days, my fingers are bleeding from all the nail biting

Posting this sumbitch again, cause I'm just proud of him.

Last year I sent to the US as well and luckily I sent on the 2nd of December and it took 20 goddamn days to arrive, and that was without tracking... I literally had sleepless nights thinking and worrying about it.

At least now I have tracking to keep an eye on it... still inexcusable a fucking shoe box sized parcel has taken over a week to not even leave the country.

He's very nice

Working on a veteran seargent, decided to try and make a power maul with a purple glow because i was tired of blue. R8 n h8

Looks like his lasgun started speaking

"Magnus did nothing wrong"

>"REMOVE XENOS"

"Kill them, Jimmy, kill them all!"

Working on my first crisis suits. Left is the first try and right is after I learned to thin my paints

Quick! What did the lasgun say?!

"pew pew"

Ling ting ting ting ting ting
Ling ting ting ting ting ting