Stat him, Veeky Forums

Stat him, Veeky Forums

Also, are the Lannisters the most patrician noble family of any fantasy setting?

Clarify your use of the word "patrician" because if you're using it in the /tv/ sense of "thing I like" then the question is meaningless.

Lannister a shit

Tywin Lannister played the game worse than almost anyone else in Westeros. His ruthless and self-serving methods destroyed any loyalty or respect the Lannisters had in favour of, far more fragile, fear and his focus on his children as products of his legacy led to them all being emotionally dysfunctional essentially ensuring the destruction of his house upon his death. Compare to Ned Stark, who not only raised and encouraged his children, leading to several of them developing into competent adults who still felt strong loyalties towards each other but his reputation amongst the Northern Lords was sufficient to have his house's place firmly cemented, making it practically infeasible for a rival house such as the Boltons to gain favour over his own children. Tywin was a short-sighted egotist.

>Bunch of backstabbing morons at each other's throat all the time
>Most patrician
There is certain irony in this statement, since you could attribute above to being a patrician, as long as you take the infighting of patrician families of rich Italian city-states to the logical extreme.

Also, since I was supposed to stat him:
Was better as Benedict/10

Not really, you got the loyalty part pretty wrong.

Last I recall none of the Starks were killed on the shutter by their own kid

>Bad constitution: suffer bonus damage to blows to the stomach.

No one has yet adequately explained why it's worse to kill ten men at dinner.

worse than what? Than killing them when not at dinner?

It's because feudal society banks on the law of hospitality for travel and movement of information to work. Killing people you've invited is a blow to the fabric of society itself.

>Upset the balnce of power causing countless, pointless deaths
>Distracts everyone from the army of ice zombies in the North and the Dragon Lady in the South until it is too late
>Raise children who couldn't govern their way out of a paper bag to ensure the kingdom you lied and cheated your way to gaining falls apart in a single generation

More like shit-tier family

Because nobody will every trust you again, enemy or ally.

-10 HP

if no one knows that they can rely on hospitality then there's no way for enemies to sit down and talk shit out, which means conflicts don't end until one side is completely wiped out

let's also talk about the fact that since he refused to acknowledge Tyrion or Cersei could rule, and Jaime refused to learn, he did almost nothing to make any of his children into good leaders

Stat yourself first. I want to know what you think of yourself, given the question you've asked and the way you've worded it.

He was an idiot that got lucky
His invasion of the Riverlands should have lead to him getting his head cut off, but the king died

Except for all the times it was slowly explained to the mentally handicapped.

Nobody neutral will ally with you if they can't trust you not to kill them when you meet, nobody hostile will make peace with you, and your allies will forever be hesitant to come to your aid as they don't know if you'll take advantage and stab them in the back. Others will join hands to plot against you to extend their own powers at the expense of someone dangerously unpredictable, rumours will be spread by your enemies that you intend to murder this or that retainer of yours, spreading distrust within your sphere of influence. Or at least those are the worst case scenarios. Some people have historically gotten away with it.

His ruthless self-serving methods were necessary in order to end the Reyne-Tarbeck Rebellion and unify his realm into strong enough force to be a credible threat against the rivaling neighbors.

The fear was a necessary tool because Westerlands simply lacked the manpower. This is why he seeked to cultivate relations with the Crown and thus the mad king and later Robert. Without the Crown's aid, the reach could and would keep up it's filthy landgrabbing ways and constantly try to make vassals drift from his realm to the Tyrells.
He cannot face them military over this issue either.

Also, nobility do not raise their own children. That is work for the servants and he did pay to get the best he could get in that regard. Arthur Dayne, the goddamn sword of the morning was pretty much THE finest sword of Westeros at time and nobody who matched his skill has come since.

He also has a literal gaggle of Maesters and there's also a huge family which will keep the main house company when he is off running the realm as hand of King to Aerys.

Unfortunately, Cersei decided to ruin everything as she always was like to. When talks of Lysa Tully marrying Jaime Lannister started coming up, she arranged a scheme to get Jaime join the Kingsguard to keep him to himself.

Tywin's mistake was marrying his cousin and risking incest babies.

Cersei lets down the lannister family. And kevan is just boring but not bad. Jaime is my favourite character in the series after he escapes cersei's clutches. Tyrions arc kind of just fell apart the further the books went on but I still like him personally.

>game of thrones
Hi r*ddit

I like how everyone ignores that the Frey's set fire to the tents that contained Robb's army at the same time as the Red Wedding.

...You realise we've been enjoying the books and the excellent board game since before the show was a thing, right?

>excellent board game
Stark is OP.

Oh? I'll admit I've only played it maybe four times, but IIRC the Starks have never won. Maybe we just suck? Or is the imbalance more subtle?

wrong

>Tywin Lannister played the game worse than almost anyone else in Westeros.
Aside from his disdain for his son, the only thing that did him in, he was the best player of the bunch.

Diplomacy & trust.

The Freys' destroyed completely their already fragile reputation after the Red Wedding. All it did was make everyone hate them even more.

Yes, in the long run it got Robb Stark off their backs. But Robb was also the most reasonable and easily-pleased player on that entire war.

This. Ned Stark was actually MORE succesful than Tywin in the long term, and he got his fucking head chopped off in the first book.

>Tywin's mistake was marrying his cousin
Kek, I didn't know this. Guess the Lannisters' incest meme came even before Cersei and Jaime did.

Could that also be to blame for Tyrion's achondroplasia?

On the contrary; Tywin is one of the best players. His only mistake was focusing on tormenting Tyrion over the ridiculous claim that he's either a divine punishment or a Targaryen bastard, according to certain theory, instead of keeping an eye on his oldest children and not listening to the rumors about their incestuous relationship.
Ironically, I think being an asshole to Tyrion prepared him for the world, thus giving the Imp both a pragmatic and merciful worldview.

Dunno about stating Tywin. He's both an skilled commander both on the battlefield and in the war council, so he should have some basic combat feats and a lot of Char, Intimidate and Diplomacy related ones.
In the show it's stated he's 67 years old (can't remember if it was the same in the books),so he would have old age modifiers.
Also, level? He's quite experienced, but with GoT being low/medium fantasy setting in which magic items, spells and shit are quite rare I wouldn't give him any of that. Masterwork gear all around, for sure.

Same here. In our games Starks always get stuck at that stupid Southern chokepoint by the river, so the only real way for them to do anything is go on a wacky roadtrip down south through navy bridges. On one hand they aren't fighting a two-front war like everyone else, but then again so are the Baratheons in most games, and they're in a far better position.

>merciful worldview
Sayeth what? Did this merciful worldview lead Tyrion to cooking a man into soup?

You forgot to include "pragmatic",user.

>achondroplasia
dwarfism.

no. that's a random genetic mutation.

>His only mistake...
...got him killed and set up his entire house for catastrophic implosion. That's the kind of mistake that the truly good players only make as often as you can afford them, which is never.

>cooking a man into soup

remind me?

>remind me?
Hands of gold are always cold, but a woman's hands are warm.

>You forgot to include "pragmatic",user.
Cooking a man into a soup is not pragmaticism, it's pointless cruelty - a recurring theme with Tyrion.

M12"
T3
S3
A5
Ld14
W5

Reroll all freindly lannister regiment hits

+3cp

180pts

>pointless cruelty - a recurring theme with Tyrion

How so? When's he pointlessly cruel?
Even with the singer's murder, it's not like he was cooked alive. The cooking is not pointless cruelty, but a way to get rid of the (previously murdered) body with no evidence left behind.

post-exile he's pretty fucked in the head