/L5RG/ Legend of the Five Rings General

L5R / Legend of the Five Rings General

Mega Ultra Chicken Edition

Phoenix Clan Pack: Disciples of the Void
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/12/15/disciples-of-the-void/

>USEFUL RESOURCES & LINKS FOR THE RPG (OLD AND NEW)

Rulebooks:
ME GA[New Zeland]/#F!EuB3yRRI!FjYeEU2FdqzIZ6cM1dKoHA

The FF Beta:
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/dc/2f/dc2f92bb-bfd2-4f12-99eb-1d084491de65/l5r00_beta_rulebook.pdf

Latest Beta Update:
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/99/6e/996e894d-b3d4-44e8-810e-d1824b82fd18/l5r00_beta_updates_v20.pdf

>USEFUL RESOURCES & LINKS FOR THE FF LCG

Tabletop Simulator Mod - steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1099785017

Ringteki (Browser based game client) - jigoku.online/

Card Database / Deck Builder - fiveringsdb.com/

TTS Deck Converter - infamous-irc.com/dengeki/l5r-deck-generator/

>Veeky Forums L5R Discord
discord.gg/CJfVQ7B

>Clan Allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/14339259

This Paste: pastebin.com/0JF6Acgv

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/0JF6Acgv
fantasyflightgames.com/en/legend-of-the-five-rings-roleplaying-game/
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/4e/b3/4eb3f938-ea7a-42fc-80dd-d3f34ecf10db/l5r00_beta_preview_1-mantis_clan.pdf
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/3c/a5/3ca57927-274c-44a8-886a-1d50d1070ee1/l5r00_beta_preview_2-kakita_blade_and_omamori.pdf
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/89/6d/896da243-165d-489b-94de-1497cd27e506/l5r00_beta_preview_3_-_mirumoto_two_sword_school.pdf
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/76/84/7684f4b6-5df3-408f-96f7-59cac58275ce/l5r00_beta_preview_4_-_tea_ceremony.pdf
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/a3/91/a391ec91-eb8c-4faf-8dbe-aac5a9cf89ff/l5r00_beta_updates_v40.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

All hail Satan bird!

If these take the place of dynasty packs for the next cycle how will they work with the fact that there are 7 clans?

I don't think they're replacing the dynasty packs. They'll come out on their own, separate schedule.

Yeah, I think this is their replacement for deluxe

Fuck the birds, what clan after Phoenix?

Crab clan with 6-Cost giant crustacean, please.

The word on the street was Phoenix->Mantis->The Lost for the big packs.

Mantis and the Lost are gonna need more than one of these clan packs if they want to be established.

Mantis and the Lost must be getting an actual box at some point then. This clan pack thing is like halfway between Deluxe and normal pack.

I don't think FFG will be releasing any more clan packs this year, but I could be wrong. They could've split up the playtesting to various groups.

Crane Dynasty Character

3 -/3/2

Courtier

Reaction: After your opponent plays an event during a conflict in which this character is participating - that opponent chooses and discards a card from his or her hand. (Unlimited)

Crab Dynasty Character

3 4/-/1

Berserker. Bushi.

Forced Reaction: After a player passes on declaring a conflict - that player must sacrifice a character he or she controls. (Unlimited)

The rumor was that they would get conflict support in the next cycle and a big box or pack to get a dynasty deck. I't could be wrong though and the play tester could have been telling us some truth so he could bs us on the rest of it.

Well we know they did not keep the same batch of play testers from the core set to the first cycle expansion. I do hope they put unicorn at the back of the release schedule so they they had time to correct some of their problems.

I find it hard to believe they would leave off clan packs at just the Chickens. Unless you are implying they are going to do two deluxe boxes with three clans each instead.

Not even trying. The none Phoenix cards will be 18-25

The LARPers are not even trying anymore.

I do think every clan will get a clan pack, I just don't know if that will be in 2018 or not.

How does a Pheonix perform political conflicts?

Kaito Kosori is 18. Last Phoenix dynasty card is 12.

sorry meant 20-27.

that's fake and gay since the larpers said phoenix would be a box

Are you going to argue with a big bird made of fire?

Read this you faggotI already acknowledged it could be not true.

>"could"
Oh no it's retarded

>Leaker correct that Phoenix will get the first big release.
>Even describes perfectly what the new stronghold will do.
>This is later confirmed to be true.
>Because it was a big pack instead of a box everything this guy said is fake and or gay according to this autist.

Let me tell you something as someone who has playtested for other games. You have no fucking Idea what form packaging will take when the product ships.

Has anyone scanned the fiction inset from the last pack yet?

Shut the fuck up. The number of legit spoils to fakes have been overwhelming.

What were the specifics on that enlightenment stronghold?

if you actually believe that larper had any information that wasn't secondhand, you're retarded. especially if you think mantis is getting anything before another clan.

also I don't care to read your speculative blogposts. take that shit to reddit, attention whore

Yep I should blindly accept everyone who posts shit here as true even when it looks fake as fuck. But if you are the supersekret leaker man what is the Lion card?

One day you will respond to an argument someone actually made but apparently that is not today.

Maybe you should just blindly fucking kill yourself.

here I've got a leak, it's your role card

You should include the beta update links.

That's not a card and the card in the picture is not my card.

You suck, kys

>pastebin.com/0JF6Acgv
I'm not personally paying much attention to the RPG, and those are the latest according to the pastebin.

Or maybe, just maybe not everything is fucking tryhard larping as the overwhelming majority of it has been accurate.

Is there any reason I wouldn't be able to return this to play with its own ability? It triggers after it has left play, so it must be in the dynasty discard pile and, therefore, a legal target for reanimation.

>It triggers after it has left play
Nope, then it would be a reaction. It's an interrupt, so the "leaving play" state is paused and the effect resolves.

Another thing to note about Fushicho that isn't immediately obvious which a billion people will get wrong:

If Fushicho leaves play during the fate phase due to having no fate, the character it brings back will not have any fate on it next turn. This is because fateless characters leave play first, it brings in the replacement with a fate, and then all characters lose a fate.

So the observation then becomes, you should try to get your Fushicho killed prematurely, so you can actually use that bit of fate it gives. Charge Fushicho first conflict then sacrifice it to a Stoic Gunso second conflict so that you can use the character it brings in during the third or fourth conflict, for example.

Or just have one Fuschicho in the discard and one on the field and cycle them forever.

/shrug
If you dgaf, just link to the beta dl page.

fantasyflightgames.com/en/legend-of-the-five-rings-roleplaying-game/

Which doesn't read properly for me. Page source still does, so I know there's this much, at least;

images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/4e/b3/4eb3f938-ea7a-42fc-80dd-d3f34ecf10db/l5r00_beta_preview_1-mantis_clan.pdf

images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/3c/a5/3ca57927-274c-44a8-886a-1d50d1070ee1/l5r00_beta_preview_2-kakita_blade_and_omamori.pdf

images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/89/6d/896da243-165d-489b-94de-1497cd27e506/l5r00_beta_preview_3_-_mirumoto_two_sword_school.pdf

images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/76/84/7684f4b6-5df3-408f-96f7-59cac58275ce/l5r00_beta_preview_4_-_tea_ceremony.pdf

images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/a3/91/a391ec91-eb8c-4faf-8dbe-aac5a9cf89ff/l5r00_beta_updates_v40.pdf

Doesn't work, it's unique Interrupt is resolved before it leaves play.

We literally just went over that. You cannot use Fushicho to bring another Fushicho into play. Fushicho's ability is an interrupt, so it resolves before the triggering condition that triggered it does. This means that when Fushicho brings another character into play it itself is still in play, so its uniqueness prevents it from bringing another copy of itself into play.

ded thred
ded gaem

Rise like a fire chicken

KAEDE

A

CUTE

A CUTE!

Look forward to the Unicorn Clan Pack coming in 2025!

>Spirit Unicorn
>6/4/4/2
>Action: During a conflict, you may move Spirit Unicorn and any number of Unicorn Cavalry characters into the conflict.

>Spirit Unicorn
>Not Ki-rin
I'm disappointed in you user.

God damn some of the people in discord drive me nuts. So many self important fucks.

>using discord

They are trying to make us like the couple with all the cheap tricks possible at this point.
At least now, I can prepare myself to see the Hantei line perish again, only to later become the Daigotsu line...again.

So how should they try to get us to like them?

Ever tried playing a Tamori pokemon master?

How dare they use storytelling conventions when writing the insert fiction.

People in discord are a bigger bunch of deranged autists and basement dwellers than Veeky Forums. They refer to Kachiko and Tsukune as bae. Some of them actually think they should be employees of FFG or still think that 1 core event which made them hatamoto is same as winning the worlds.

Facebook groups are even worse bcz they are not anonymous. Too much cringe.

Which discord, there's at least 2.

>They refer to Kachiko and Tsukune as bae.
And that's worse than "KAEDE A CUTE A CUTE" how? It's the same bullshit slightly different verbiage.

its not, but at least the guy is anonymous and not that autistic to do it so everyone knows who he is

An online handle isn't really that much more cringe inducing. "user" instead of Shinjo Shitmaipants doesn't do much to change the content.

not him, but i'd guess the reddit discord

The Veeky Forums discord is about as ded as this thred

How come it's the Lion clan and not the Tiger clan? Lions aren't east asian at all.

Rokugan isn't East Asia. It has native lions, along with some other animals that aren't in real Asia, like hummingbirds.

I do have to say this one positive thing about the Discord: when someone says something massively stupid, I can leave a note on their name like "doesn't understand basic math" or "Insists Levy is a cantrip" so I know to disregard them in the future.

>"Insists Levy is a cantrip"
Did this actually happen?

I don't remember if it was on the Discord or CardGameDB, but someone was insisting that, since you go up an honor, you can spend one more honor than you would otherwise in the next draw phase. When someone pointed out that even if that is technically true, you're spending 1 card now to draw 1 card next turn, which is hardly ideal, he started arguing instead that you should just start by bidding 1 higher than you would otherwise, and then make it up with Levy when you draw it.

Levy has it's uses. Taking an honor and just giving it right back to the opponent shouldn't be one of them. Jesus.

That was me.

If you want to say that I insisted, sure. I was just asking for opinions and I changed my view, I don't run Levy on dishonor crab anymore.

Still, if your best example for "discord users being dumb and self important assholes" was someone trying to wrap their head around a card...

I was being a dumb fuck by not fully realizing the effect of delayed draw, but just for the record I wasn't saying that's Levy's use, I was saying that's a worst case scenario.

98% of discord users are self important basement dwelling otaku assholes

Speaking from experience, I see.

Agreeing from experience.

And talking about a card game on Veeky Forums is....

So discord reflects the demographics of the player base?

Are any of the seals good?

Only seal I've used was the dragon one because monk.

I use Seal of the Crane occasionally, since it gives Test of Skill a bit of a boost along with just enough of a political boost to break things without drawing immediate Let Gos, and I've heard a fair amount of love for Seal of the Crab, since it synergizes really well with Crisis Breaker. Personally, I think both are a bit too situational, though, and I'll probably be ditching mine from the next iteration of my deck.

It seems like there is at least one constant myth in the world of L5R - the begging with a Sun, Moon and Nothing.
The Rokugani believe in it, the Senpet and the other cultures of the Burning Sand, even the Yodotai have a version of it.

Do these foreign places also interact with other aspects of the spiritual world?

>triggered

I've replaced Katanas with Seal of the Crab, since it combos with Crisis Breaker and Crab already have the best base MIL.

Should be they "find an insight in saltiness that others associate with stillness (I think was the original)".

I have a "ninja vanish!" Scorpion deck I've been tooling around with that uses SotS, Smoke and Mirrors, Sake House Confidant, Fawning Courtier and Favorable Ground to threaten provinces, draw in defenders, make them burn cards and bamf out. It's been a lot of fun, and having Shoju or Hiroue as a shinobi is sick. I need a few more games before I make a verdict though.

>decide that L5R looks like it could be fun enough
>"oh it's xmas time so I'll just get it for myself as a gift while I'm in the city"
>my LGS doesn't carry it
>my LGS hasn't even heard they made a new one
>the other hobby shop across town doesn't carry it
>the comic shop in one of the largest malls in the state doesn't carry it
>walmart and target don't carry it
>mfw

In what shithole do you live?

Florida, so basically the worst of them

Gamestop ended up being the one to carry it. Never in my life did I think I'd have to buy a card game from FUCKING GAMESTOP.

What.

What's up with Florida?

I don't know about FFG's version of the setting, but in the old setting the Yodotai gods are basically all dead and the Yodotai use their ancestors as a kind of army filler / anti-magic ward. They don't have any real magic like the Rokugani do.

The Yodotai do have a single god, Conquest who is a living embodiment of their desire to conqueror the world.

He allows their ancestors and freshly dead to spawn as a ghost army while denying magic from their enemies.

They dont use magic themselves, they deny it from their enemies and beat them with roman tactics and battlelines, which is where they know they shine.

They are basically the perfect mirror of the Lion.

What isn't up with Florida?

Splash for Scorpion Seal just to piss of your local Scorpion player.

You must live in middle of nowhere Florida. CSI has everything sale currently I believe.

Role says +8 influence but you can only splash Phoenix.

Province cant be a stronghold province and characters count glory instead of Mil or Pol.

Wasn't that province a leak from earlier?