Warhammer 40,000 General - /40kg/

No one else bothered edition.

>Dark Angels Preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/04/chapter-focus-dark-angels/

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer Updated for Tyranids? Math-user requests vetting
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_Day
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Lazyness is Heresy.

WE ALL HERETICS NOW!

(except OP)

T'au are an aggressive army

3rd for Kickass Sequels!

5 minutes without autism edition.

Anyone got a source for the Dark Angels Codex? I'm too poor to get it now in christmas times, but I still want to get to planning my army x)

Sure, just give me a moment to pull the additional points out of my ass since I'm not dropping a full team to get a warlord for a different trait.

Ordering through FLGS or GW online? What are your guys' experience with ordering from your FLGS?
Also, I play HoR Kill Team primarily because my army isn't big enough to do most games, are Chad marines a good troop?

>No one else bothered edition.

I kept looking for another general, wondering if someone forgot to title it or something because there is usually more than one 40kg up at a time

If it's not in the OP then it's not leaked yet.

Does anyone else use odd or less than ideal squad numbers because that's all you have painted?

Like for instance, I have just painted up 5 Crusaders, but because I don't have time to paint the other 5 before tomorrow, I'm going to put 5 Crusaders with 2 Ogryn Bodyguards and a Priest in a Valkyrie as a melee unit. I never used to be such a stickler about having my whole army painted, but now that 90% is painted, it feels weird having a single unit that isn't.

AAAAAAAAAAAH!

maybe to coincide with new Catachans?

>8-fold snowflakes

Depends on the FLGS.

They’re okay, especially for smaller games.

Catachans already have plastics, there's no way they will do more than just Sly. Even though they are shit, they have other models to update more.

They definitely need an update.

>smites have penalities as you cast more
Pls make CD codex ignore this shit it at least give something else good

>That white gap between the blade and the legs
Graphic designers over at GW need to get their shit together.

>you will never have a collar like this

>they have other models to update more.
that didn't stop primaris, their priorities are essentially random.

Any educated guesses on when we might be getting this guy?

He's a Warhammer World exclusive I believe.

>random
It's based on money. Primaris applies to every SM army whereas remakes of old models only applies to people interested in that army.

>complains about all space marines all the time
>never not complaining about space marines
>even now he's complaining about space marines
>GW IS SO RANDOM I CAN NEVER PREDICT WHAT THEY'LL DO NEXT

Really?

What would you guys think of certain characters getting unique psychic powers?

Currently there's a bit of an issue where psykers are rather homogenized. This is particularly noteworthy when offensive psychic powers are concerned -- two Malefic Lords outdamage Ahriman easily. Smite is the be-all-end-all of offensive powers, because GW is apparently terrified of making even more niche, difficult powers stronger and so, given the Psychic Focus rule, if you want any sort of reasonable psychic output you're left with packing as many cheap psykers as you can -- the dreaded Smite Spam.

But maybe giving characters some powers unique to them could help with that. Not only would it be flavorful and enhance their niches, it opens up room for stuff like Voldus having some strong offense without it unbalancing the rest of GK (not that they're in a particularly great spot at the moment, but you get the point). Quantity over quality is a big problem for psykers at the moment, and this could help tip the balance the other way. Doesn't have to be restricted to named characters either, maybe Zoanthropes could get a good tank-busting Warp Lance (design limitations of MW-based powers notwithstanding), or the various mini-Smiters get something a bit less volatile.

So for instance, Ahriman, who's known for mind bullets, gets a good offensive power only he can cast (which prevents the rest of his army of psykers from going over the edge). Eldrad gets a unique buff for allies. Mephiston bolsters himself further, and so on.

Thoughts?

That’s a different guy

They aren't that random. Besides, Guard got some updated miniatures just a few years ago in the form of Bullgryn and Scions. They will make the rounds elsewhere.

Just built this kit.

Haven't clued the incinerator since the instructions say to not clue it, also haven't glued the tires so that I can paint it easier.

But holy shit, this kit was fucking loong. Took me 3 hours to build it. Tons of the instructions were wrongly labeled so you had to go by looks and common sense.

Holy shit it's true, GW is true lazy

They save money by having people do things who don't actually know how to do them.

"Jeff's son has photoshop, give it to him"

What is boxing day and am to understand you can only get Sly on that one day or is this a joke?

Meanwhile people who actually know what they're doing are unemployed everywhere
>Tzeencht smiles

Is that even a proper GW add? I tried looking for the source and I got the facebook page of some GW store somewhere. Probably their own add. Where's not even the 40k logo on there anywhere. I also don't think GW would directly quote Eminem lyrics in their adds.

Day after Christmas. Sounds like it will be a limited release that day with a wider release next year.

December 15th.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_Day

Also, did you even read the whole text?

>What is boxing day
26th of December and probably not a joke

For general 40k lore stuff type questions, is it better to ask in here for in /40krpg/? I'm trying to fluff up /my dudes/ before I start building models but I can't find answers to some questions about their faction.

I want that plant bit.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_Day
>having a """Boxing Day""" instead of another day of comfy christmas goodness
Loving Every Laugh
t. Scandinavia

>What is boxing day and am to understand you can only get Sly on that one day

Its a financial holiday, I got no idea if thats only one day or if thats the end date for sales or how limited it will be but if I were you, and this is what Im doing, I would head to your local GW on the 23rd and order it then so you can have it this year and not wait until its normally released.

I want Marbo and Im not taking chances.

Either is probably fine. What's your questions?

They go and make random harlie refreshes, a couple SoS models that no one buys stuff like that. Most of the CSM line is old as dirt, which was surprising to see when I first looked through it.

For

So is it just me, or did these ladies get an unintended buff with the new smite nerf. The stacking negatives will make it very hard to get powers off.

Somewhat. Bit even then I think it's hard to take them over a Culexus.

Convenient for me that i'm putting them in my army soon.

Yeah they aren't worth it over him. 60 points I think for 5 of the Bolter girls. I personally am taking some of the sword girls since they are great looking. 95 points for 5 though. Melee isn't great either this edition. Then again, neither are Bolters, but Bolters that can single out Psykers is nice. Shame that most of them have good saves so AP- against that is shit. Might be good against Malefic Lords or Primaris Psykers though.

Probably, though I guess I should have said in general, anyone that reduces psykic powers has gotten a buff.

Just a refreshed 10 man Cadian infantry box would go a long way towards making them look not so dated. It seems like that would always be high in priority, infact that would probably apply to almost everyone. Most troops are ancient and look derpy across the range.

Fa/tg/uys help me out with something please!
So I have used Battlescribe to write up my list, but now how do I put convert into a neat and short image file?

This. Though personally I would just like a special weapons and heavy weapons upgrade pack for most armies.

> Write it down in a neat format on word
> Screenshot
> Done

Blood angels tac Sargent. Should I go powerfist or chainsword?

>View Roster (at the top) > Minimal Output/No Profiles/No Costs/No Rules etc > Save Img

Breaks my goddamn heart.

Chainsword

Its actually a nerf, smite spam existing was their only chance to get on the table.

Powerfist because it looks cooler.

Ah! Thank you so much, kind sir!
You two are meanies!

Any of you care to comment? :D

>March of the Dead.jpg

And somehow people STILL bitch about this format. Probably because it doesn't have the pictures from "Babby's first Listbuilder".

Should I get a box of DW knights and RW black knights or a stormraven? I already have a squad of regular termies and an IC in termie armor.
It's important.

Looks hilarious. Mocking gw tho not you.

is this from GW? I can't tell anymore they joke around a lot on their blogs these days

It's shit. Suicide is your only option, bloody furfag.

t. Magnus

Who bitches? I've been advocating exactly this sort of thing with varied force org detachments plus command points for years. Glad they finally listened to us.

I still don't like it, its difficult to check points and I think there are cleaner formats.

Is it heresy for muh dudes to be explicit Salamanders successors? Does "no acknowledged successors" just mean the Salamanders don't have relations with any of their successors, or does it literally mean nothing in the Imperium says a chapter is a Salamaders successor?

I'm the LEARN. TO. FORMAT. guy. I approve of this listbuilder...for small lists. Larger lists with 20 different units are still a scrollfest and should really be typed out.

There are no official successors but there's nothing stopping you from creating a chapter that claims to be a successor of them or an Ultima founding chapter, I mean even the Wolves got a successor so really why not one for Sallies?.

I can agree to that. They still aren't a horrible choice though.

There really should be a Compact option.

Okay that's true. The proprietary points obsession is weak. But two counterarguments can be made on their behalf. First that including both would discourage new players from learning with their simplified power level system (which I'm not saying I endorse) and second that if they fucking bothered they could more easily balance the game with bimonthly points updates.

They're getting close to a good game again. Let them know, y'know?

A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.

Just coming back to the game.

Where the fuck is the points cost for models and wargear? Has it been replaced with this "power rating" thing?

How exactly does it work?

So I have been working on a fun trick for my local gunline IG players.
>40 cultist blob using the AL strat to deepstrike directly infront of their fodder
>jump pack sorcerer hits them with prescience and you use vets of the long war on them for +1 to hit and wound
>rapid fire all of their fodder units turn 1
>turn 2 drop the plasma terminators directly on their good stuff and if I need to use tide of traitors to refill my cultist blob to help pin their vehicles then I do it

There are plenty of possible successors already in canon
A pretty cool example:

point cost is at the back of the codexes. Ignore "power" cost, it's retarded.

Sounds like a million things could go horribly wrong
Fucking do it!

I'm using wolves. No new dex yet. (been gone since late 5th). Are the points values in the back of Index Imperium?

>Equal distribution of Wolves and Blood Angels
>furfag
O-ok user...

I was actually thinking of making a deathwatch blackshield from this chapter
The bone protrusions would count as Lightning Claws

Play the models you want, add up their power level, add any other power level stuff it tells you to for larger units, choose whatever wargear you want from the entry and put it all on the table for a game.

Yeah. It's essentially a compromise where GW corporate gets their retarded unbalanced kiddy shit in the main entry, and those of us who are literate can check the back for somewhat competitive points values.

There are o successors because during the horus heresy the salamanders almost all died so Vulkan and hes bois got to stay as a legion ergo no successors and no Black bois in another color armor than green

As a Guard player that sounds fun. Try it. I also play counter assault Guard so I'd thank you for bringing the fight to me.

like what? I mean they could focus fire the cultists before I can use them but there is a good chance I can tide of traitors them if I really need to, but other than that idk what else could actually mess it up

imperium 1, yeah. You'll find your psychic powers at the SW part of the Index.

my LGS guard players are basically all gunline with like 2-3 scion squads. it is kind of sad. what does counter assault guard look like?

>Less than 2 models for every objective.
>Less models than I have units of infantry in a 1500 points game.
>All of them are melee-centric and will spend at least two turns trundling towards me (though really I'll probably move on him to take objectives, so it'll be a single shooting phase if he goes first)
>No combined arms, no air support, no ranged support, no force multipliers whatsoever
>And most of them will be unable to fit into cover

This isn't just bad: This is absolutely pathetic. The only way this will work is if you play Cities of Death with buildings large enough to hide dreadnoughts more or less everywhere.

I decided to go with Tau and I'm thinking of fluffing out my own Sept instead of using one of the main ones since I don't have models yet so I can't do much besides this, but I can't find anything on how to design your own Sept symbol, no easy designer online with a bunch of shapes, no info on which shapes mean what, but if you read the official lore, you actually will find a pattern for at least some.

I've had to read background fluff for the pre-existing ones trying to figure it out and I've cracked some but not all.

T'au (home planet)
>Sphere at the top of a line vertical, showing they're above all the others and the line could be interpreted as the path off-world or that they're held above
D'yanoi ("Twin Moons")
>is a planet with 2 moons that are always reflecting light back on to the planet, causing perpetual twilight. The 2 lower circles are the moons, they're filled in because they're a source of constant light
Vior'la ("Hot Blooded")
>Is a planet in a binary star system, once a year the planet passes between the 2 stars and is ravaged by plasma storms. The 2 circles are the stars, the line connecting them showing they're binary stars
Vash'a ("the World Between the Spheres")
>The smaller circle is them, the other 2 partially visible circles are the other spheres
Sa'cea (no translations below)
>A center for military training and weapons production, the line and box interpreted as a fortress wall and factory
N'dras
>Nearly completely evacuated for reasons only Ethereals are allowed to know, the few remaining Tau (scientist and their guards, who work in secrecy) are considered untrustworthy and avoided. The circle is alone, showing they are apart from the rest of the Tau, and it's on the bottom because they're looked down on and not trusted
Elsy'eir
>Densely populated planet with many moons which are mined for resources, main battlesuit production facilities are here. The circle is them, 2 squares are mining moons, rectangle is battlesuit factory

Where's the Dark Angels Codex??

At your Friendly Local Game Shop :)

I just have a lot of Bullgryn and Crusaders mixed with Straken, priests and infantry squads. I've found I get punished for chasing people around, but if I pack in long range tanks and guns people come to me then I counter charge. I guess it's similar ish to gunline but once you get mid field I'm coming out to play.

And that sounds boring as fuck. The other Guard players at my store are similar. Just castling up and then backing away.

How much infighting is there in the standard chaos warband?

>Implying a Death Company Blood Angels Dreadnought with Psychic support will be running for more than one turn

Question time TG
>What faction do you like the least and why?
>Do you like to read or audio books more your speed?
>favorite book?
>Would you rather GW squat Sisters of Battle or update it?
>what about slaanesh?
>What are you working on?
>how are your parents user?
>Why does the fucking JOY sign from lowes suck so much dick in windy weather
>Do you play at home your LGS or your Local GW

>happy holidays My dudes

I hope glorious Putin drops the Dark Angels epub tonight. I have no interest in the 'dex, but the sooner we have the file the sooner I or one of the other pdf anons can convert it.

might just be a fondness for lines and circles