Kamigakari - Legendary Arms RPG Thread

Last time, on Kamigakari! >An agreement of regulating threads!
>Helping others find images!
>Games rise, and fall, and then fall... again.
>Misfits in Osaka, delving the deep, deep depths of Osaka Castle, and finding not only powerful foes, but new allies?

Baseline things! And stuff:
>mediafire.com/file/183vmgy8b3w1uj3/Kamigakari.rar

Expansions and errata:
>pastebin.com/u/RoyalTeaRed

Google Docs character sheet (for if you play online):
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xY5uiJleOpnlh93SGLq2_iKteOFZnlMH1X-MtEDsWsw/edit#gid=0

Mononoke homebrew guide, FAQ, and a quick rules cheatsheet!
>pastebin.com/u/HomebrewAnon

/jttrpg/ Discord - Look for games in #on-topic, not #general.
discord.gg/9RUTurB

Kamigakari is a JTTRPG focused on episodic storytelling, with simple but tight mechanics.

Its design goal is to start players spread out, getting involved with the episode's peculiarities, and eventually coming together to fight a big bad, A la tokusatsu shows, magical girl shows, and/or other such shows in that vein.

TL;DR, Its a Monster of the Week Format game with an emphasis in the fluff on high power shenanigans of just about every type.
Remember boys and girls, Japanese schedules suck, so JTTRPGS are optimized toward quick and easy sessions.
That said, they can be adapted for longer ones.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/356-2320227-0577824?__mk_ja_JP=カタカナ&url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=神我狩&rh=i:aps,k:神我狩
artstation.com/artwork/R6GKr
youtube.com/watch?v=ctr9ZfeyvXg
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/56612580/#56628890
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Obliterator_Virus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You actually gotta bring up some topics and post a little if you want thread to actually take off.

Its hard to reply to nothing, after all.

If Ruth user does show up, or even one of his other players, could you ask him whats going on with storytime? we were quite enjoying it, and even ruth anons storytime excerpt was amazing. We'd certainly appreciate more of anons crazy isekai adventures.

I have a challenge for those of you here.

Find a picture, and try to make a character out of it. Explain why you take this or that.

Or just share concepts you've had. We've had a lot of talk on mechanics, but i've noticed there's very little on concepts themselves.

For example, this i would take Darkstalker, going with the lord of bloodshed path, along with wall walk its really just to good to pass up

Then, Divine talker A/ Time Wizard B.

Basically, an eldritch style abomination using Divine talker A as "Incomprehensible speech" to "power up" or as a twist it only seems its powering up, everything else gets weaker, even allies and Time wizard B for weird eldritch effects building up to Kairos Decline to make everything slower.

Basically the idea is that the girl isn't "Buffing" herself, it only seems that way because she's "Incomprehensibly" weakening everything around her.

Elder Mage A/Elemental Adept A, probably. Focusing on Fire, with a big loving focus on "strategic destruction". Hell, maybe it's even subbed Legion B, for all those tactical movement options.

Would play him as a pragmatic and a little dastardly magic man. That'd be a nice change.

Y'know, this isn't related to kamigakari per se, but in a DnD game i'm playing a pervy old man, sorta like master roshi, but using a deckard cain impression.

Gotta say, its pretty hilarious.

Is there a Japanese version book somewhere?

amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/356-2320227-0577824?__mk_ja_JP=カタカナ&url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=神我狩&rh=i:aps,k:神我狩
No official PDF release that I could see on DLSite, and JRPGs don't tend to get scanned.

>No official PDF release that I could see on DLSite, and JRPGs don't tend to get scanned.

well yeah. if there were an official PDF release, kamigakari user wouldn't have gone to the trouble of translating some parts of it himself and showing it off like a gift to the world on his birthday.

You mistake me, user. I was meaning there's no official JAPANESE PDF release.

Ah. Thats entirely different then.

Woah.
Someone besides me or screeencap user started a thread.

neat.

Wait, we have a THIRD?

Fuck. Thats pretty rad.

as much as I find the way it's written difficult to use, its generally organized in a way that an be followed, it's the wording that makes it confusing.

Either way translating it must have been a bitch and a half. I'd be proud too I'f I'd done it.

Y'know, i wouldn't mind buying the official books but i can only tell that the first 8 things are actual kamigakari stuff from the art, as well as the ninth one a little further down.

can anyone tell what this other stuff is?

Left to right, top to bottom:
KGK Core
X7 - Space-Time Alternate
X6 - Contact with Chaotic Myth
X3 - True Regalia of Chronos (literally Primordial Sacred Treasures of Chronos)
X5 - Four Guardian Gods
X1 - Requiem of the God Soul/Divine Spirit
X2 - Machine God of Damocles
X4 - Embers that Burn for the Girl
Replay - Black Sword Slayer
Replays - Evil Spirit's Greed (or something) 1-3
Replay - Shinkansenban (which may translate to Four Gods Haunted Song if you chop it up right)

Then there's a bunch of issues of Role & Roll Magazine, and some other shit that isn't related.

So the top 8 are actual rulebooks, the one i can discern and 2 others are just replays, and the rest is just random shit?

Role & Roll Magazine is basically the Japanese RPG magazine, so might have something on Kamigakari in it, and there are five Replays (three in a series), but yeah basically.

Honestly speaking, we just need the rulebooks. I'm not even gonna begin to say i can translate them, i can't, But on the off chance we can find someone that can, i can say i have the books available. I'll see about getting them.

So if i'm seeing this right, amazon JP and amazon regular are two separate things?

I was poking the descriptions into Google Translate, and apparently Four Guardian Gods is a Kyoto sourcebook, and has an additional race called the Sakimitama (and mononokes). Embers has a campaign scenario. Chronos apparently has stuff on "situations outside the Japanese world", though I don't know if that means other countries or something else. Chaotic Myth appears to be a replay and content based around injecting some Lovecraft, and Space-Time Alternate appears to be four scenarios based around time travel/loops.

To be fair, those were things we already somewhat knew. 5 of the 7 expansions are already partially translated, sakimitama and all.

The other two, chaotic myth and space-time alternate, are ones kamigakari user talked about but never got to actually translating, to my knowledge.

Also, holy shit, all this crap together is gonna be close to 200 bucks or some shit

Sakimitama didn't get translated. Or if they did, I don't see them in the 4GG file.

Yeah, that was a mistake on my part.

Sakimitama are mentioned, and i was aware they were a playable race, but it never quite got around to being translated.

Do we know what they actually are?

Sakimitama? yeah, to one degree or another. Thats actually relatively easy to find out.

Sakimitama are, for lack of better terms, the opposite of aramitama. They are literally "Gods" or "Divine spirits" so to speak. They are the "Benevolence of the gods" known for bringing fortune and health, where-as Aramitama are the "Anger of the gods" Bringing destruction near to mindlessly.

Its actually a pretty big part of japanese religion, part of the myth of the "8 Million gods" that exists within japan. Its mostly a shinto belief, but its also equivalent to christian creationism, in some aspects, with regards to Izanagi and Izanami.

How they work in game though, is entirely beyond me.

Okay, so all things done, it was 210 bucks or so, not counting any additional shipping fee's for the temporarily unavailable book, and one book that didn't fit in an initial shipment.

So all said, i'll have most of the books by some time in january, that are out. I dunno about any more that could be coming, but i'll probably get those when it gets to that.

damn

i mean, 8 books averaging 20 bucks or so, with the core book around 80, its actually slightly cheaper than i thought it was gonna be. Realistically, it should have been closer to 220 without tax or delivery, but since their pricing isn't quite as standardized as books over here, i came away a bit better than i probably should have.

Hey Kansai user, got an ETA on storytime?

That should be Divine Soul/Spirits, or whatever.

A hero will rise to the challenge! Any time, anywhere.

>Or just share concepts you've had.
did not notice this one, here's a few:
>ULTI-MAX punchfacer of JUSTICE with a strong desire to protect others, because she never knew her own parents
>mega-nerd with phone powers, but wants to get the STRONGEST PHONE powers, and that means using the STRONGEST powers... and attempting to compress them into a phone

Friendly reminder that if your cyborg isn't a robomaid, you doing it wrong!
Also, why isn't there a jetpack item/talent for cyborgs? Seems like a perfect match.

b-but he's a boy, what are you implying

Got to do a short little session yesterday, mostly to get him into the campaign proper. I think I have his image in my mind now.

Boys can be maids too! As long as they're cute, it's fine.

y'know what, you're right, i have to now figure out how to have him become a maid am i going to regret this

to answer this one, AA Jinrai and AA Heuschrecke ([Form: Suit] [Item]s with [Restrict: Cyborg]) have mobility stuff, and their fluff matches it (they're also in the same expansion as "Machine God of Damocles", which is where Cyborg appears)

in addition, Spirit Mobile Armor, a [Form: Suit] with [Restrict: Martial], lets you move a little before you use [Timing: Prep] OpR, and Jet Boots, Roller Gear, and Gliding Cloak all change some stuff about mobility

>tfw no vernier pack or high-mobility upgrade pack to attach onto Titan Armor

Do you think a jetpack as an accessory for 2500 G, in upper and lower slots, giving flight 1/combat is a dumb item?

Attitude Control Pack [Accessory]
Slot: Lower Cost: 2500g
A set of verniers, capable of enabling finer movement, at only a slight cost to a Cyborg's spirit energy. WARNING: Advised against performing advanced maneuvers in enclosed spaces.
May not [Equip][Item:Accessory] on [Slot: Top] while [Equipped]. While [Equipped], if the user is [Class: Mechanical], they may reduce a Spirit Die's value by 1 (min. 1) after any Timing they use, and if they do, they may move up to 2 Sq., ignoring Engagements. This effect may only be used three times per round.

... on second thought, maybe [Shift: Flight] is easier to say. Ooh, but then I'd have to make it something like pic related, for the hell of it.

Ooh, that's neat.
Also, I'd like gundam a lot more if the robots were cute girls.

At the bery least, there needs to be more girls piloting gundams

pic related was totally piloted by a girl

>tfw i could totally pull off a zeta-like Titan Armor, with Transportation Mode

There are already Divine Souls in the game from the Requiem for the God Soul expansion. The Divine Soul in Requiem are Nigimitama.

segata sanshiro

Hey there, just an update. Storytime will more than likely continue sometime after my Sunday game. Right now i'm pretty darn tired and I have to get some sleep for work tommorow. But it is on the cards.

Sleep well dude. I hope your work gets some more people so you aren't doing other people's jobs on top of your own.

It's a bit of a pain, but what can you do. Oh and while i'm here. I might as well drop this. I have been playing a second Kamigakari game which i'd love to storytime but of course I have MiO here. I'm thinking i'll start telling that one either when the first is done, or when it's up to date with the most current session.

cool.
how do you manage to find or set up games where scheduling works out?

image saved

Well I think I had it a little easier than most. I cam off a Fate/Stay game and picked up a few players from there, we just kept the same schedule.

Generally my games don't run for too long and I run on the weekend, I guess that gives players more time free. Not much else I can advise you, I've known my players for a little while now so I guess if you're not playing with 100% strangers it goes a little smoother.

Man, being able to keep old players is great. Real life usually comes up for the groups I've known.

I got a few more like that, if you want em

>don't run for too long

What are we talking about in hourage, here?

Not Kansainon, but 4-6 is the general sweet spot. I've done 1~1.5 hours before, though.

In most of the groups i've been in, 3 hours is usually the average

S'about right. Kansainon usually runs the game from 7 to 12-ish (my time) but we've ran over or stopped short a couple times depending on how scenes wrapped up

yeah. most of the friends and good players I've met online get gobbled up by life or have their schedules change or become unstable. Other I end up losing contact with.

kickass. Thank you.

>Crab Merchant.jpg

neat

i've got another 4, not including this one. I think they are a set or something.

For the record, i'll get through all of em, i'm just taking it slow so as not to flood with images.

Take as long as you like dude. These are wonderful. I gotta go to sleep thought since it's past midnight here.

artstation.com/artwork/R6GKr

If some idiot went to the trouble of doing a legitimate release of this game with a better translation and the art and stuff, would you buy it?

Oh, nice. Fair enough. Guess i'll dump some other stuff then.

I just spent 210 bucks on the japanese books.

youtube.com/watch?v=ctr9ZfeyvXg

Are you going to scan them, or just hold on to them until somebody else wants to do a translation project?

I'm too drunk to understand

I'd need to figure out how to go about scanning them, but the intent was to go about figuring out what we can.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/56612580/#56628890

I'm beginning to wonder if there is potential for a game ari game based on this.

I think they're perfect-bound softcovers, so you could do it by heating up the glue, pulling out the pages, scanning them, then reversing the process to get it back together again. That's pretty hardcore, though. MageGuru or CityofCarse over in the PDF Share thread (here or 8) know more.

You don't have to scan them, though. The raw JP text, maybe with phone pictures of art, would be plenty.

Yeah, i have a tablet i can use to take fairly good pictures, so i'd rather not take the books apart if i don't have too.

I was hoping we could blindly bullshit our way through translating this with the raw text and pics. Honestly, our biggest issue up to now is that the only one with any measure of ability to translate was kamigakari user because he was the only one with the books.

Dude go to the library threads on /t/ some of them know how to make excellent book scans without taking the book apart.

I'll have to check that out some time. Thanks for the advice.

Otherwise its phone pics and raw text, but whichever happens happens.

Why would this be no official PDF release?
I guess it helps insure sales.

Most JRPGs tend to avoid pdf releases because it's far too easy to pirate them and spread them around. That, and many of the big publishing zaibatsus behind the games aren't terribly tech-savvy when it comes to home computers, considering it's more cellphone-level stuff over there.

>That, and many of the big publishing zaibatsus behind the games aren't terribly tech-savvy when it comes to home computers

fucking bizzare

Pssst. Gimmie inspiration for a super short one-shot.

That's how Japan is.

So like how short we're talking here? Up-and-done in an hour or an evening?

An hour or three would be great.

You could do something like a training exercise with the three factions and specprov. It's easy setup, the players all have a reason for being there and for cooperating, and they all get to have some unique backgrounds from the factions.
The players have to fight through a facility of varying difficulties depending on how long you wanna make it, and in the end, learn a thing or two about friendship, cooperation, and get comfortable with the system.
If you wanna make it real long, the training grounds can be infested by evil demons, turning an otherwise low-risk operation very dangerous.

That's super simple and sounds easy to pull off. Thanks?

If you are really grateful, you can post cute robots.

Little bit underhanded, don't you think? You coulda just asked anyways.

Maybe so. History will vindicate me!

good luck with your oneshot.

I'll help!

>tfw ywn have a cute Legion Cyborg girl giving supportive fire

how would you build something that runs similar to a chaos obliterator in kamikagari (pre 8th edition)

Legion A / Arc Slayer A ?
Legion A / Dark Hunter A ?

Wanna tell me what a chaos obliterator is?

Oh, hum, speaking of Legion Cyborgs, I DID wanna ask about that. The group I'm in has a Digital Sorceror A/Elder Mage A and a God Hand A/Dragon Carrier A, and I was considering Legion A as a Sub Style for my Legacy User B (picked up Titan Armor) over Dragon Carrier A. Any advice on the matter?

legion A.
If you want to teleport then Dark hunter or Time wizard
if not then go searching through all the expansions to find as many traits that boost your flexibility in dealing with different situations as ranged a damage dealer, as well as your output.

Legion A is a cool style. If you just want damage, DC A is probably more rewarding.

Legion isn't really about sheer damage, its for options and situational abilities, and tons of them.

Legion is great if you already do good damage, but want greater flexibility

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Obliterator

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Obliterator_Virus

fluff aside they are creatures that absorb and recreate weapons. They tend to hoover up any weapons they come across making them bulky and slow to move, but also armed for every occasion.

Legion A lets you better apply whatever damage output you have, Legion B lets you turn the environment to your advantage and the enemies detriment.

either one would be badass for a giant robot.

Skulls, to Khorne.

Excellent, time to become a literal Gun-Dam IN THE NAME OF FRIENDSHIP.

In that case, a Cyborg Legion A/ Legion B With the heaviest and thickest armor in the game.

The hammer space thing can be dealt with just by how spirit barriers and equipping works.

Since most of these are ranged weapons, presumably, i'd get Ambidexterity from the common talents, Give all the one-handed weapons you'd get the "Spare weapon" Enhancement from book 3 so they can be pulled out more easily, And Cyborgs "Arsenal System" from book 4.

This doesn't really help your swapping of weapons, but Legion B's "Efficient operation" Lets you use a stored consumable at the end of every round, so thats pretty cool too.