Which major American city would be the best setting for adventure?

Which major American city would be the best setting for adventure?

Los Angeles
>bardic colleges
>wizard towers in Beverly Hills
>Compton and the Dire Negroes who dwelleth there
>Venice Beach
>The onging war between Cops and Mexican Cartels, the players must side with one or the other
>You can literally run into IRL Player Characters like Arnold Schwarzenegger on the street
>Currently awaiting catastrophe; will either be consumed by flame or swallowed by the sea.

Cleveland.

End it with lighting the river on fire!

>meme cities like Boston
>no Minneapolis option

You don't know adventure then

No one ever thinks of Minneapolis when they think of major American cities. That's a B-lister at best.

It depends on what kind of adventure you want to have.
But without any details I would go with New York, since pretty much everyone has some level of familiarity with the city via pop culture osmosis.

Las Vegas or Washington dc. Tampa would actually be pretty good as well.

Detroit

Vegas, Nola, and Detroit are good if the overall aesthetic of the city reflects the mood of your game
Otherwise just go with NYC, it has the most to offer for a general modern fantasy or mystery game

>Detroit
Literal zombie scenario
>Chicago
Warzone with sanctioned safe zones.
>New Orleans
Inquisitorial investigations into voodoo heretics.

Probably, but you could still get into some neat adventures here.

Detroit, a magical place full.of all manner of danger, peril, and adventure with all kingdom of long forgotten and abandoned ruins to explore.

>New Orleans
also pirate adventures in the gulf

New Orleans
>Ghosts
>Voodoo
>Possible Vampires
>Natural Disasters
>Da Bayou

>Boston
>meme city

Take it back.

No one cares about your shitty fly-over city

Is this thinly veiled alignment chart?

>mfw my idea is defeated by the first post of the thread
>mfw I have no face

Depends on the adventure

>New Orleans

Voodoo Magic adventure

>Boston

Gritty crime adventure

>Detroit

Dystopian adventure

>New York

Superhero adventure

What are some others?

Chicago is funtimes with the mob

Disney Land

LA can do basically everything except voodoo.

>implying that New York doesn't have a lot of crime
>implying that New York City isn't a dystopia
>implying that the NYPD tolerates vigilantes who actually help people
gritty crime and dystopia are perfectly fine for New York City
t. New Yorker

EASY

Paris
>Catacombs = Undead Dungeon Crawl

+ religious cults
+ corrupt officials
+ high class society for shenanigans

Cincinati. You can have race riots galore and those are the best kind of adventure.

LA is only suited for being a Labyrinth. I've been there, once, and the road system was so bizarre that I'm convinced, to this day that there's at LEAST one Minotaur on your city planning board

New Orleans has the most interesting history, what with zombies, voodoo people, french cajuns, carnivals, storms, the swamp the city is built up on, pirates and shit

>>Chicago
>Warzone with sanctioned safe zones.
Yes, but what adventure would you have there i we're to hypothesize?

Mafia

>New York
>Lawful Good

>any city in the States
>Lawful Good
maybe if you count Toronto as honorary member

Imagine this - you're the ghost of Al Capone, awoken either by accident or some ritual which wasn't supposed to succeed. You try to bring back your crime empire and are dumbfounded by how senseless and disorganized the crime scene in Chiraq is.

Salem
Witches and satanic cults
alongside
Puritan religion

Perfect for aspiring clerics and paladins or necromancers and sorcerors

I'd vote for the ghost of Al Capone
A decent a mount of the crime he did isn't even illegal anymore

Seattle/Portland has woods & shit along with the city.

Surely theres gotta be some hipster wizards running around.

I read that sci-fi book

Wasn't it a trilogy?

I remember the bondage sex scenes with the magic ghosts

vegas

Austin, Texas could prove interesting. A great Bard and Wizard city surrounded by barbarians. The city where the mad is unrestrained and the sane are trying a little too hard to be mad themselves.

More like a city where boring bureaucrats constantly posture at each other to see who can do the best job imitating their counterparts whom they look up to in the big coastal cities, with a bit of "we're so eccentric" thrown in to convince themselves they aren't a city full of white collar paper pushers with bog standard bourgeois sensibilities.

Where's this salt coming from? Not mad, just legit curious.

Not him, but Texas sucks every bit of ass and one city in it going "But we're not like the rest of those cunts!" when they are every way like the rest of those cunts is distasteful at best.

You guys live on the wealth the rest of the state produces, but don't produce anything of value yourselves. You then have the gall to act better than the rest of us and try to foist your politics on us in a pathetic attempt to impress your betters on the East and West coasts.

At this point, any weirdness and eccentricity austin may have had has been stripped away by the west coast diaspora

With New Orleans, you could also have a lot of interaction with some of the native monsters, like the rougarou or the half-alligator half-man that has a really fucking hard name to spell.

It is pretty bizarre, but it's not like you can't easily use a navigation device.

New York has the greatest variety of people, Fast travel, relativelly easy access to illegal stuff and great architecture for hideouts and stuff.
Las Vegas is an enterpeneur heaven with a criminal underbelly and way too much fucking money flowing through the city every single day. It is also surrounded by miles of notthingness where anything can happen and nobody would be the wiser about it.

For NYC, you can also add weird/magical/eldritch stuff coming from sea/via ships,
for vegas similar from nuclear tests/area 51.

Where the fuck is Miami?

Damn son, your cornflakes got pissed in this morning didn't they.

Detroit

>crime, ruins and dungeons everywhere

Alternatively Washington

>crime everywhere and sex dungeons under every pizza palor

>New York : Superhero adventures in getting strangled to death by law enforcement officers on the second outing

user, the people here don't know shit about The Adventures of Adele Blanc-sec.

Living in Seattle I see crackheads on adventures every day. They talk to garbage cans and yell at walls. Occasionally I see them fighting invisible objects.

Other options are soyboy adventures where you can go on quests to 'gay up' your neighborhood.

Be a woman and fight the patriarchy by marching down the street and blocking traffic so people can't get to work. This also applies to blm.

I'm currently trying to complete enough quests (work) so I can move to a new city. I'm hoping the adventures there are more fun and that the npc's are less hostile.

Which American Paris are you talking about?

>NY
most "city-like", most people, most underground areas
>LA
sprawling bean-people wasteland of heat and smog and degeneracy
>chicago
tame downtown, sprawling 2-3 story living areas full of somalia-tier nog violence, lake michigan, tallest building in country
>seattle
most well-rounded, most forms of transportation, nicest aesthetic, best surrounding terrain
>pittsburgh
lots of towers close together, between two rivers with tons of bridges
>vegas
nothing else like it, surrounded by desert, has hoover dam nearby, grand canyon not far away
>detroit
zombie apocalypse
>new orleans
mini vegas, lower than the surrounding 3 sides of ocean, hurricane bait, nearby swamps are biggest in country

those are the most interesting

Mexico City.

>is being eaten by a lake
>ancient ruins
>thousands of human sacrifices ready to be ghosts
>National capital for politics fun
>is Mexico so crime is a given
>most populated city in North America so tons of NPCs to fight

Hilton. Her catacombs have quite a reputation.

Ah, one of those types.

Seconding for Chicago. All of the previous reasons plus literal sunken city dungeon crawls.

In her defense, would YOU believe someone who broke into your house and told you your genitals were possessed?

I'm a man, so yes, it would actually explain a lot.

Explain what?

>posts meme cities like San Francisco
>missing Houston

Yankee go home and stay go

>no Twin Cities

The passive aggressive way people interact makes everyone seem like part of a conspiracy.

All my SR5 campaigns are in los angeles. Easy to do. Just use a gta v map and say that time changed the city

>An RPG adventure where you can't get anywhere because of how shitty the MTA is

I think you can listen to chacago's police radio, people do the dumbest shit there

No. New Orleans is chaotic evil if any city ever was.

>Start with the three biggest US cities
>Then just start picking random cities out of a hat
Fuck you too, OP
>t. Houstonian

Detroit

E V E R Y T H I N G

St. Louis.

It's ruled by a secret Illuminati conspiracy. The courthouse has a ziggurat on the roof with a pair of solid aluminum sphinxes on top of it. There's a giant arch aligned with the ziggurat sphinxes. There's a Masonic fortress that covers a full city block (pic related).

And across the river in East St. Louis, there's the ruins of an ancient pyramid from a lost civilization. It's also aligned with the arch and the ziggurat.

having seen the warriors, i'd say NYC. you just have to keep the scale small. crossing one side of the city not being something done easily, but an epic journey.

I didn't know you had to go to a bardic college to learn autistic screeching.

Nah, it's just that we have a politeness culture. A Minnesota adventure might have a vibe of social caution, L5R's Winter Court in parkas.

Puget Sound would make a great Pokemon region.
>major city, smaller cities, suburbs
>dominated by a few megacorps, one of which makes damn near everything under the sun, and another of which is openly evil (Amazon as Silph Co., Microsoft as Team Rocket)
>fresh and salt water with tons of wildlife and over a thousand miles of coast
>trains and ferries regularly used for intra and inter region transit (fast boat to Canada would be like the Johto Kanto ferry in Gen2)
>enormous virgin forests
>glacier capped mountains
>grassy farmland
>multiple stratovolcanoes

lol @ claps naming obscure cities. you know damn well that the obvious answers are NYC & New Orleans because even people outside your dumpster-fire of a country associate them with more than humdrum bs. Also to the texans, murdering a shitload of brown people and stealing their country only makes for cool cities if you don't do it in a desert.

t. salty eurocuck

i knew that'd be the first response and it's wrong.

New York would be pretty sweet if you're campaign takes place before the Mafia was all but completely wiped out.

stay away from detroit. we have enough hipsters. we don't need hipsters with disposable incomes who think $2000 a month for an apartment is cheap.

also, our pizza is better than yours, chicago's, and new york's.

mexican? canadian would be just as guilty.