Open door

>Open door
>GM asks me which hand I used

"I turn the knob with my mouth."

I use my knob-turning cantrip, which I can use as a spell like ability three times per day thanks to my special trait, just like the last two times. Can we take a rest after I crack the door open and see what's inside? I just need two hours to replenish and reassign my spell slots.

My dominate hand of course

" I clench the knob with my bare exposed ass cheeks, then kinda jump and turn 90 degrees midair."

As a GM sometimes I just ask these sorts of things of my players to fuck with them, like when they're crossing a threshold I ask how high they step, or how light their tread is in the middle of this corridor.

Occasionally there is actually a trap, but mostly I just make note of this kind of thing to fuck with their heads and make them wonder why I wanted to know at all.

>I vomit over the doorknob and gently push the door open.

>"I stretch my foreskin around the doorknob and use my erection to get it open"

You're my kinda nigga.

I do the same with perception rolls, just to keep the players on-edge in dangerous areas. There's rarely anything there, I just pretend to write something down in my notebook so they're convinced there's something up.

Good man

Like that guy in The Big Lebowski who was drawing a cock while pretending to write down a note. Hell, you could show the players how many cocks you drew while messing with them after the game.

>another king of the hill thread
>it's also retarded

WOW, WHAT A SURPRISE. COOL MEME, OP.

I use the guard's hand.

>Yeah, alright, uh, make me a Dex roll I guess?

>>Open door
>>GM asks me which hand I used

"One of the zombie severed hands I carry for trap checking and definitely no other use."

oh god, are you the ass murderer?

>Be me GM
> Ask player to roll perception
>Fail
>"You catch something move out of the corner of your eye, a shadowy figure lomming in the distance, but when you turn it's no where to be seen."
there was nothing there i was just representing their paranoia getting to then[spoiler/]

Fine, you want it translated from "concise and stupid but ultimately holding some degree of meaning" to "directly spelled out and spoonfed".

OP [translated into newfag]: "Golly, do you think when GM's ask about specific but theoretically innocuous details, it projects traps a little too much? Or perhaps it's the very act of asking such a question that elicits a response from me, as a player, that while I dread it in the moment I come to enjoy it after the fact, because it's part of the game.

Why don't we have a thread about our experiences with how our GMs have set up traps, perhaps a bit of criticism about whether or not asking which hand you use is a good or bad idea."

In a current game one of my players picked up a cursed sword I had him make a will save which he made so I let him know that a voice was trying to take over his mind. They gave it to the warforged because their logic, rightfully so, was that it couldnt get possessed. I had the warforged make a will save, he didnt roll well. I said "interestinf" and kept going with the story. A month later they still ask how the warforged feels every time he kills something

I like how short, absurd and implicative that question is.

>fap
>GM asks me which hand I used

>"Both of them"

Are you me?

>Sometimes I say "make a wisdom/constitution save, disadvantage..." without it having any consequence. Players never know this but they assume something is about to fuck them up and it puts them on edge. Great to use in dungeons that you want to feel extra dangerous because of the environment, without explicitly stating the danger.

Should we make this a "how to fuck with your players and make them immersed in the game"-thread?

Dude, tell then to make a death saving throw then don't bring it up again.

>step into the room
>GM asks which foot goes in first

>Thai Cuisine
I'm not sure why that's there or why it's making me laugh as hard as it is.

>GM tells me to roll a d100
>GM asks if I'd rather be blind or deaf

>Lead players through dungeon
>They defeat the final mobs, no boss yet
>They find a little girl, crying
>"make a wisdom save, then a perception check..."
>"The danger have appeared to have passed, the child is crying for her parents"
>They lead her out, not resting during two nights because scared of kid
>Keep having them make checks because of the dungeon's encroaching darkness, skitterings in the night, etc.
>Eventually they snap and kill her.
>"It was just a normal kid, crying for her mother. Paladin, you fall."
>Party Face When

Isn't it already?

That's a little fucked up, but I get it. Also what edition are you playing? Why didn't they just use detect evil or it's equivalent?

in terms of tabletop blind is probably the best decision because you can still engage in dialog with NPCs. in terms of real life i'd personally rather be deaf.

Why is a little kid in the middle of a dungeon

Obviously to set up a "you fall" situation

5e.
They didn't have that spell availible to them at the time if I remember correctly, also they're quite used to having insight checks act as "detect evil", since they're new to the game

Kidnapped by the kobolds, her parents would have been found in a nearby settlement, but they never made it that far.

Not true. It wasn't planned at first but when they started suspecting the kid and metagaming about it I cranked up the creepiness of the environment and might've overplayed the kid's innocence

Because she's evil.

she was nurtured by the mobs after her mother left her there, its not that hard to understand

well damn now I wished I'd gone with that instead

What oath was he playing?

DMs like you are the reason my players are paranoid shitters and roll for every minute action.

>Obviously to set up a "you fall" situation
That's what trapdoor are for.

Ahhh, so you directly fueled the whole situation inadvertently leading into the same thing. You at least giving him a chance to repent and seek absolution?

Can't remember the name but the one that's all "kill evil, protect the weak!", service of Pelor

Vengeance? If so that's still wrong and I wish people would learn to actually read the oaths. It only allows no mercy for one specific enemy, the rest he has to act like a regular paladin and try not to be a smite bot. It's a common mistake but it still bothers me to no end.

Of course, led into pretty damn good character development from the whole party, and they learned to roleplay better because "remember when DM fucked with us when we metagamed?"

Ya'll seem to think that I do this on a regular basis, but I don't. Also I always have small feedback talks with my players after sessions to cover what was good/bad. And they all loved how they had gotten scared of a little girl because of the atmosphere I provided.

Ok fair enough, I've just had one too many players who have DMs that set up a "either way you fall haha" so I tend to be biased when reading such stories. Good to see that I was wrong and you turned it into a really good story and teaching point.

how was that "inadvertently"?
As far as I understood, she didn't try to harm the party, nor showed any sings of trying to do so. The players just panicked and killed her.

That sounds like a good horror story. It begins with the players clearing a dungeon, and finding the girl. The others are leary but the paladin/cleric promises to save her. As they make their way back to town food goes missing, unnatural chills haunt them, and in the night eerie things happen. The party is spooked, and as the tension and horror builds between them all it culminates in the paladin/cleric killing the kid, only to realize none of it was her fault.

The DH campaign I'm running involves a rival Inquisitor and his acolytes keeping tabs on the player characters. My players are pretty jumpy about it whenever I have them roll Awareness, but it's mostly just to see if they notice they're being watched. Of course, the assassin sabotaged the security camera one of the rival acolytes set up and then shot him in the leg when he checked it out, so maybe I shouldn't try subtlety with these players.

[chortles in undead]
I like you.

"My fap hand."

>Why is a little kid in the middle of a dungeon
She is there by the will of the Game Master. He wants to make her turn out to be something horrifying if the PCs act like normal people, or so he can try to guilt-trip the players if they anticipate it being a ruse like it normally is.

It's like, if you encounter a little girl in a roleplaying game, you've got at least an 80-95% chance that the GM has placed her there solely to make your life difficult, one way or another.

Pay respects lads
F

I wish I could find whoever first gave this stupid fucking advice and shit on his chest.
You're not immersing your players and you're not going to encourage them to think more or be more careful. You're just sabotaging yourself by turning them into paranoid metagaming retards who waste half the session inspecting every single thing for traps and refuse every interaction because they think the friendly local peasant girl laced her freshly baked muffins with rat poison. Or get the opposite effect with the players that know exactly what you're doing and have them start doing more and more stupid outrageous shit in retaliation.

That's what your mom calls me

"Are you sure?"