Warhammer 40,000 General - /40kg/

Break psyker edition

>FAQ update
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/15/the-future-of-faqs-and-chapter-approved-dec-15gw-homepage-post-2/

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer Updated for Tyranids? Math-user requests vetting
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Tyberos or a MY DUDES marine for a Carcharodon in a kill team?

What would you spam if they removed psychic focus?

3rd for Imperial Jetbikes

Might aswell go for Tyberos.

Dark Angel's Retard Ray (tm)

Well I play Dark Eldar and we don't have psykers in any of our previous editions so... yay?

I want our new codex so bad. I'm pretty pessimistic it will be any good though.

I'd really like to see the addition on some sort of "enslaved psyker". Failing that some decent dedicated anti-psyker stuff would be okay.

Does anyone think we have a chance of seeing some new unit types? I'm doubtful of it because we already have a lot of different models but I think the Drukhari would be awesome with the addition of more mercenary type aliens like the sslyth. It would put more distinction betwen the two main factions of Eldar and make for some really cool pirate fleet armies.

Got gorgutz in the mail, put him together

Whatre you guys working on

Also, for anyone considering getting the Kiborc ffrom Artel W, my only complaint is the head is comically small and needs to be switched out

I don't tend to spam.

If I had to though I'd probably stack -1 to Hit powers though with a bunch of psykers.

>tfw 150 pts of Astropaths make my Baneblade -5 to hit

>That feel when every unit I already over pay for is now even worse
Why even field TSons anymore?

>Inb4 just take Magnus
No.

Managed to melt one of my death company guys chest plate while trying to glue a magnet in him. Super glue is spooky. Thank god i had a box of assault marines just lying around.

whats the best first founding chapter and/or best primarch? and why is it imperial fists/rogal dorn

>melting plastic with super glue
Nigga what?

Do you play with anything from FW and what do you think about FW units?

Hey had i not seen it i wouldn't believe it either. But apperantly the stuff i got is pretty strong considering the stuff i used before didnt melt the plastic last time.

Working on my final design for an Iron Hands army.
It's not meant to look perfect. just to test out the scheme

>using Smite on your Rubrics or Scarabs

It's like you want to lose your units.

For those who play a Codex army, what stratagem do you find yourself using the most?

See

Wrath of Mars
Webway Strike
Conqueror Protocols

Painting my first ever mini.

Looks solid so far. Iron Hands standard or a successor?

Mould lines...

Honor the Chapter, fighting twice is really good.

I like to use honour the chapter on a vet or lc termi squad to mulch hordes in melee

yeah m8, pretty solid. I like the blue on the barrel

>Dislike psykers
>Thinking about adding a Culexus to my Deathwatch to make my life easier
>New psyker changes
oh fug yes

Upon wings of Fire. Being able to redeploy Death Company or a Sanguinary Guard squad anywhere on the field that it's needed is really good.

Archon or succubus as melee HQ for dark eldar?

Should I take a 5 man combi-melta termie squad or 2 helbrutes instead? Trying to squeeze as much value as I can and 300ish for 16 wounds and crazed lulz seems to be a better deal, although they won't delete a tank as fast.

Succ

Can't deepstrike helbrutes in your opponent's backline though. That much Melta would be lulzier

>getting back into the game for the first time since middle school
>Tyranids are finally decent again, fuck yeah
>assembled about 3k points of Tyranids

>priming models
>realize there are quite a few places on the models, especially the big bugs, where painting will be hard if not impossible

well fuck

What do I do now?

Where is the best priced play mats you guys have found? Couple of sites to buy from would be awesome.

>What do I do now?
I dunno. I assembled a broadside and am similarly stumped by how I'm going to paint the area behind the railgun. I guess you're supposed to assemble as you paint, which is what I'll do from now on

get gud. also don't worry as much about the places where it will be hard to see.

true enough, thanks user

Standard. But I'd thought of maybe doing Steel Confessors

I wish I was American

just dump a shit ton of sugar in your snagria you fucking spaniard

Are there any Xeno/Chaos units which are appropriate in fluff to take in an Imperial Army as a -1 CP ally?

Perhaps with a radical Inquisitor or such.

Nice. I only ask because the arm and legs look like they're a different color. Looked like you were changing up the armor scheme a tad

paint the hard to reach areas first

but more importantly:
>noone is ever going to judge you for your painting
>most peoples models are unpainted just finishing an army sometimes even a unit is an accomplishment
>watch the videos on youtube from gamesworkshop on painting by Duncan
>thin coats, THIN!!!!!!

flayed ones

remote-controlled lobotomized purestrain genestealers

I just want the units we have to not suck ass through a straw, really. Couldn't give less of a fuck about getting psykers, don't want them. I'd honestly drop the army if we get them, it's one of the few mechanical differences between us and CWE except for CWE literally always being better.

>>inb4 just take Magnus
>No.
My nigga

I'm interested in getting into 40k and, as a BattleTech fan, really dig the lore of the Imperial Knights. Would they be okay as a starting army?

Cultists. Fluff them as cultists.

Is there any weapon that is more "fuck primaris marines" per point than overcharged plasma?

Here's hoping they add some table with mini-spells for the baby wizards

Honestly the fluff is so forgiving you could make it work with any group, some are a bit more of a stretch but...

Tau depending on the source welcome humans with open arms if the join the Greater Good/use humans as cannon fodder and slaves for the Greater Good

Chaos yes its magic just about anything is possible

Eldar have allied with the Imperium. Dark Eldar would use slaves or ally up if it serves their interests

Tyranids could have developed a parasite that makes Imperium guys susceptible to commands from the Hive Mind. Some members of Genestealer cults are passable after all

Orks seems pretty hard to justify seeming as they dont think and just fight but im sure someone could justify it

Necrons literally have a hero who in recent fluff showed up a threw a fucking a pokeball full of Pre-Horus Heresy Space marines into a battle and peaced out to help the imperium.

its all relative, im sure whatever you think up would be more respected than anything Matt Ward has ever written lol

No, probably not

Autocannons.

Nope.

>necron throwing a pokeball of pre-heresy marines to help the imperium.
Please give me more context as that sounds amazing

I wore out the armor and put a lot more rust and grime on the lower half of his body. I figured the areas of his armor closer to the ground would wear out and catch more dirt and grime than his upper half.

I really don't get the "whether the closest unit is visible or not" part.
That's just so dumb.

Oh, I can't shoot this guy because someone is banging against the wall from the other side of that building.

Imperial Knights are super expensive, almost 200$ for the model alone. It'd probably be better to start with another imperium army and add a Knight later.
Unless your rich I guess, but then you'd have to deal with people being butthurt about your full Knight army.

That would do it. I'm also liking the weathering highlights you've done. Most weathering occurs unevenly, so it's a nice touch

Any reason why? Is it the high cost of the models? They seem cheaper in the long run compared to other armies.

It was in the fluff for the "Gathering Storm" event which came right before 8th edition dropped.

The Necron Lord in question name is Trazyn the Infinite. He collects aliens. The imperium was in a tight spot on Cadia so he showed up and helped out. It was pretty meme quality stuff people started calling him Trollzyn etc.

Thanks. I'm pretty happy with how the scheme looks. I might try out a few more things before I dive into my real dudes.

Maybe you could take some infantry from other imperium factions and build the army around a knight and progress from there.

>Primaris aren't replacing normal mari-

Cos GK weren't shit enough already.

its to prevent "rhino sniping", where the fucker moves large models to block his own LOS so that the only visible target is the character

Anyone else noticed that GW remowed T'au Fire Warriors from their webstore?

It wont play how you expect it to. Most of those Super-Heavy units are meant to be in huge armies. When you concentrate all your points into a few units it usually means either you roll well and your army kills or you roll poorly and get wiped.

It's just not going to give you consistent play as a first army. Or your opponents are going to complain about it, or if they know in advance they'll bring an entire army of anti-tank and ruin your day. Basically its really one-dimensional and not good for someone just starting.

Damn, primaris marines replaced tau too.

They're still there for Canada

If you worked at a hobby store you'd know this happens all the time when they rebox kits. They take them off the webstore, open all the boxes in the warehouse and put the sprues in other things like SC boxes or just a new packaging. It happened for Wraithguard right before the new eldar SC box a few weeks ago, and Genestealers just after that.

It also happened for the Succubus, venom and scourges not too long ago, so that'll likely be a new DE start collecting.

We got that here in Italy, it sucks

post yfw they rebox these into 5 model kits and raise the price like the Dire Avengers.

It is a model that a newbie will struggle to make not look like shit.
All Knights army also isn't good at all if you want to win

Why would you ever buy FW or Crisis boxes? The SC box is ridiculously better

Does anyone have that slice of where Tzeentch is directly talking to his Greater Daemons about the fate of Ahriman?

he was known as trollzyn before that tho

This.

Sold Out =/= Out of Stock

>the only surviving jetbike in M42 is owned by this faggot instead of White Scars

>inferior chapters can't look after their shit
The sky remains blue

up until the custodes get expanded and they pull out their jetbikes again

imagine the amount of dust in the custodes garages

I use loads of FW stuff.

Where possible I'll use them as GW units because 80% of FW units are trash or meh, 10% are okay, 6% don't function and 4% are OP.

January predictions

>Beast of Nurgle/GUO
>Horticulus in Demons Dex
>Ork Codex, no new releases

>Slaanesh range is renewed
>Fulgrim DP teased
>GW having a "spend us some short stories and we'll post them on our community site if they're good" scheme
>Tau/DE codex teased

My guard army is especially FW heavy (only a few models without FW parts) but my Tau, 2x SM, BA and Inq armies all have a bunch of FW as well. I think my knight household is my only army with zero FW.

next codices will be revealed January 6 probably

imagine how much greasing of their joints custodes dreads need

Dorn's primary weapon = fuckoff chainsword.
Modern day Fists like sitting in holes and shooting things.
Black Templars confirmed for his favourite children.

No, not possible. They'd have to redo the whole sprues for that. Both tact marines and fire warrior kits have all the legs, bodies etc. on the same sprue each

they're gonna need to have another 200 year timeskip for the adobe custards to get their shit ready

>Can't for the life of me pick out a Chaos army I would want to build
>Like aspects of all of them
>After months of deciding
>CHAOS UNITED

I'm going to have to buy so much fucking paint holy shit

Just run Word Bearers, Black Legion or a OC Warband with a unifying scheme

>not picking Death Guard for the troll debuffs, gross Nurgle aesthetics, and the objectively coolest and best-looking primarch

Whom should I pick to take with succubus?

Incubus