Joke magic items that your players didn't get

The Banehammer
>large black Iron warhammer covered in intricate script detailing a comprehensive, yet idiosyncratic of law and conduct
>normally functions as a +1 warhammer
>however, if the target has violated the code inscribed on the hammer in some way, they must succeed in a wisdom saving throw or be trapped in a demiplane for a time period as described in the inscription.
>duration of imprisonment can vary from a few hours (cursing and foul language, violent assault in areas where such acts are expressly prohibited) to months (theft, fraud, facilitating access to sexual services or objects (such as obscene sculture, paintings or written documents)).
>crimes the hammer deems especially heinous can be punished with permanent exile (attempting to alter the fabric of reality, players who make OOC threats to other players)

I grinned, that's good enough amusement for a day. Good job user

What's the joke?

>succeed in a wisdom saving throw or be trapped in a demiplane for a time period as described in the inscription
that would be extremely painful

I tried to pull a Truly Immovable Rod once, because memes. After it shot through the opposite wall my players just assumed it was cursed to do the opposite of the description, i.e. an Unstoppable Rod.

Ban-hammer

joke about banhammers, which is a term used to refer to when moderators ban folks on forums

shit nigga that's actually pretty funny

Planar banishment is a neat weapon property, and it's innovative to decouple it from an attack/damage effect. There's a handful of weapon abilities, either innate enchantments or bestowed with outside magic, that confer a planar banishing effect (usually only for ousiders) on a successful attack; but the question remains: why is this necessary?
Why would you hammer someone before throwing him out of a plane?

I’ve never understood that one, actually. The universe lacks an absolute reference frame, so the regular Immovable Rod is arguably just as sensible as the Truly Immovable variety.

Alternatively, you could say that an Immovable Rod has a fixed velocity and an infinite inertial mass. In that case, an Immovable rod would in fact head off into the sky, because it’s no longer affected by gravity.

Holy fuck user that caught me off guard, well fucking done

Fuck off you insipid retard.

Not him. You must be fun at parties

Bane?

>Add several fey weapons into my campaign that are extremely effective against dragons and dragon-related races.
>Make a fey shield that can completely block dragon's breath leaving the wielder completely unharmed.
>Be competitive-fag pokemon autist

Friend actually did this in a defunct online game, it was outright called the banhammer because it was named after an old guy called Ban who enforced civil conduct. It could only be lifted by men of true courtesy or paragons of justice, and only to strike the dishonorable and the unjustly dissentful.

It was mainly a roleplay piece, but when it finally hit someone it had so many bonuses stacked on it that it painted mundane foes all over the floor.

I've been using pokemon strengths/weaknesses for D&D for ages (dragons are weak to cold, fae are weak to acid, elementals have their distinct weaknesses, etc.)

Everyone I DM for plays Pokemon, they only realised what I was doing when an illithid was treated as vulnerable to the damage from insect plague

littlefinger?

Helmet of the 14 Saints
>Paladin/Cleric Only
>When you use your Channel Divinity Effect, all hostile targets within a 30 foot radius must succeed on Wisdom Save against your spell DC or be blinded for 1 round.

Pretty much a ripoff of the Helm of Saint-14 from Destiny, because Defender Titan was my favorite class in that game.

You're a big guy

A fellow Titan-lover. Good taste.

I did a similar thing making an item called "Ward of the Titan". It basically allowed for 1 immediate casting per day of Leomund's Tiny Hut (instead of the usual 10 minutes), but with a duration of three rounds only. As Leonmund's Tiny Hut is pretty much an unbreakable bubble-shield, this would give players a couple of turns to heal up or refresh their buffs safely, assuming they could all get inside before it expired.

For you