Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Sept edition

>FAQ update
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/15/the-future-of-faqs-and-chapter-approved-dec-15gw-homepage-post-2/

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer Updated for Tyranids? Math-user requests vetting
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

ufile.io/faa7u
www25.zippyshare.com/v/DxtRLOTI/file.html
youtube.com/watch?v=zmHSgrvSYXo
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropaion
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for the Stormtroopers

2nd for The Emperor's Finest

If I have a vehicle behind a wall, do I have to measure my move to the side of the wall and then up or through the wall?

DA codex mega when?

I'm waiting for it too.
I have the paperback version but i want an English pdf version.
And i will need to buy the Index too.

>Have a shit ton of Scions from 7th
>really love the recent models (even the Taurox)
>people roll their eyes when I bring them to the table

I just can't fuckin win. Maybe I should just play Space Marines.

fuck 'em, bring what you like

If you bought em during 7th, then fuck em.
If they can’t deal with T3 W1 4+ then there’s no saving them.

Post pics of your scions.

Maybe they're just cringing over your shit paintjob

Does anyone know what rules you're meant to use for BFG anymore?
Me and some friends want to play it buthavenoidea what rules to use

I'll upload them for you user.

Seriously?
Dude just play what you want. Fuck their eye rolls.

ufile.io/faa7u

>have a balanced weapon distribution
>enemy is almost entirely T5+ with either 3+ or 2+ and 4++

How does a TAC list deal with this?

Alright anons I’m jumping back into 40k after not playing since 5th ed and I play tyranids and wanted to play them again. So I decided to get the tyrants army box, codex and the hive tyrant which I plan to build as a flyrant. Anything else I should get? I was thinking another box of genestealers and another tyrgon or mawloc

>How does a TAC list deal with Deathguard?
Lol just walk away

DESU, the new Tyranid codex is in a really good place. Get whatever units you like and you won't go wrong unless your meta is VERY competitive.

T B H = desu now?

Can I get some r8s for my 1k concept list?

Has anyone dropped the new Fabius book on here in previous threads?

www25.zippyshare.com/v/DxtRLOTI/file.html

Get as many Biovores as you feel comfortable owning. They're fucking insanely powerful, probably best unit in the book.

Read the global rules.

it's been like that for a long time at this point

Thank you user

baka desu senpai posting wasn't even that long ago newfag.

Apparently a huge gathering of Fallen in the Nihilis sector, apparently enough to bring the galaxy to heel.

Azrael has an idea to whom is leading them. Who?

Nth for Gork's or possibly Mork's finest.

Yeah I'm sure there exists enough Fallen to bring the galaxy to heel

Why would they roll their eyes? Are they OP this edition? Alternatively, underwhelming?

There is not more than 30k fallen at time of Horus heresy. Not enough to bring galaxt to heel.

not that new, i think senpai (f a m) is also censored.

Bruh the fallen are like 10 guys now, dangles are just gay retards.

I think it's implied Luther had been recruiting and training more (Part of the reason he was sent back to caliban)

Its viewed as a waacfag cancer army, which it isn't as much of since its been nerfed since launch.

Why is Abaddon in charge of the Black Crusades instead of one of the actual primarchs, Like Lorgar or Perturabo? Surely one or both of them are more qualified to lead the charge of chaos undivided, or at least give the cult legion primarchs reason to cooperate.

Even if Luther had been recruiting and training more for 40,000 years he wouldn't have enough to bring the entire galaxy to heel, it's an idiotic fucking suggestion
Abaddon is vastly more popular with chaos worshipers and it took him 13 tries and plot armour thick as a Thunderhawk's hull to even blow up Cadia, and he hardly managed that

Never heard anyone refer to Scions as WAAC, they were considered good throughout 8th but never WAAC
Now, the rest of guard however..

Because the Primarchs failed, and Abbadon had 13 successes. Disagree, and I'll write another book destroying your favorite fan theory. Yes, you. I know who you are. You cannot hide from me.

They were 16 points each for spammable plasma guns with DS. It was the first cheese army people found alongside with Tau Commanders.

I barely played due to work so they're unpainted.

I have one counter to your strategy.

Not reading official lore past Third edition

And we have already countered you. One day you will be forgotten. We will ensure it disappears down the memory hole. Then everyone will accept our vision as truth, and when you are long gone, forgotten, then we will have won.

Bump.

I recently caved in and watched all TTS content, and i have to ask: is it really so influential?

>are shitty memes influential?
What do you think?

No, it's just got a sonic level autist fanbase.

On the contrary, people will remember the well written lore that actually built up the setting long after they have forgotten Black Library.

In your isolated playgroup, maybe, but Black Library has the money and the reach to infect the normies with their drivel. Even internet forums can't compete with that.

Don't know how you managed it. Half the interactions are a character with a silly voice being silly followed by another character saying "erm, okayyy". That said, I handle unintentional cringe really badly

>my friends keep trying to insist that Lorgar and Perturabo can't be Daemon Princes/Primarchs of Chaos Undivided

Either someone here considers me to be a friend or my conditioning is spilling into real life.
Either way I'm pleased.

Just accept what's canon, nonny. Resisting won't stop the setting from developing further.

>what is cancer
Fixed that for you

Okay,
So I have just purchased the following nids, starting a new army:
Hive Tyrant
Venomethropes/neurothrope
Trygon
24 genestealers
20 gargoyles
I own
22 genestealers and
1 brood lord.

What should be my next purchase be?

Are they really that good?

36 inch range. Dont need los. If they miss, produce spores.

Yes. If they hit they just do straight MWs, if they miss they drop spores that block movement and do MWs. They literally never fail to do something useful, and can do it from far away and out of sight.

How many?

What other websites sell 40k bits other than BitsAndKits? Preferably one that ships to Canada, hopefully without exorbitant shipping.

I’m the other user starting tyranids and I’m thinking a group of 3 is enough

So, I had my first game today, my own 750pt of tau + some guys 1250 sororitas vs 3k deathguard
was fun and all, but what im really curious about is, how do I deal with Terminatormasses as Tau?
Also, i checked out the escher gang, and their bodies fit almost perfectly to the pathfinder pants, so ill keep you guys updated on my conversion as soon as i start it, like promised.

Im thinking two groups of three- maybe three groups. Thoughts?

I usually get mine via ebay

eBay bits sellers FTW

They're fucking scalpers 99% of the time

True. For every good deal there's more garbage sellers.

But personally I enjoy the garage sale vibe that it has

So fuckin find the one that isn't. Don't be a cunt.

Yeah honestly spamming them is fine. You won't feel bad about having 3 groups of 3.

Most of the surviving heretic primarchs after the Scouring were butthurt (Perty, Mortarion, Magnus), or had gotten what they wanted and didn't need to leave the warp (Lorgar, Fulgrim, and possibly Angron). Other than occasionally popping up for a scrap, they didn't have the inclination to lead any big excursions outside the warp, much less take command of all the forces of Chaos Undivided, something none of them except Lorgar and possibly Perturabo would have had the political clout to achieve anyway. Abbadon works well as the locus of Chaos' will outside the eye of terror because he speaks to the feelings of the chaos space marines more than the distant and/or unsympathetic primarchs, and because he doesn't have the power, knowledge, or bad blood to reject any of the Chaos Gods' wills.

Reposting

2 quick questions:
Does the Iron Hands chapter tactic work agaisnt mortal wounds?

Can I use Auspex scan stratgem to shoot at a deep striking character even if it is not the closest target?

youtube.com/watch?v=zmHSgrvSYXo
Christ

Working in on some objective markers for my Minotaurs. First one to respond to this post will decide the chapter for objective 5 2 colors at most pls

Ultramarines :^ )
nah, lamenters are better[\spoiler]

3rd ed tau
>an empire of multiple Alien races

7thed/8th ed
Big robot piloted by waifus

6 is already smurfs
Lamenters it is then! Will post results later this evening

Lamenters obviously

w3hat base sizes are these btw.
wanted to do some for my own dudes, but dont know what bases i should pick.

50mm mdf bases that i found at my local lgs

thanks

What's the rationale for all the helmets being discarded in one place?

You're probably already doing this, but you really should paint the blood angels in a brighter and stronger red. I didn't notice the heads the first couple times I looked at your pic.

Minotaurs are sleeper khorne

>that peace sign at the end
why do chinese cartoons do this?

Yes
No

N-nani?!

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropaion

You know, since Minotaurs are space spartans

Well that might be cool, but as it stands it looks more like a bunch of Ultramarines passed by and took off all their helmets at once and left them there to come back and find them later.

Japanese. Nice fish btw

Yea I'll definetly add some gw blood once i get my hands on it

Oh I liked that one

Rate my Christmas haul Veeky Forums

blood angels / 10

broke/10

Well done, initiate!

So long as you like it 10/10 merry christmas I wanna die

It's Luther you idiot.

Eh, I was talking more about the way they all look like they've been left on the ground, it doesn't look like a trophy. If you wanted to, you could consider planting a banner in the ground behind the helmets to make it look like they're plonked there as a pile of skulls, but if I'm being honest the concept of a tropaion seems like it has to go beyond "a couple of helmets dropped on the ground next to a shoulder pad or two", and look more like a scarecrow. There isn't any apparent artifice in the way they're set up, it doesn't look like a trophy. If you look at the spiked poles with heads on them that the CSM have, that's how a true trophy collection would look like.
Not trying to offend but I really don't like this random collection of helmets on the ground, sorry.

anyone got warmaster/last hunt epub/pdf?