Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Chaos is cute edition

>FAQ update
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/15/the-future-of-faqs-and-chapter-approved-dec-15gw-homepage-post-2/

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=1ewaed3d0i8

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer Updated for Tyranids? Math-user requests vetting
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14600980
youtube.com/watch?v=sOZQtyAhyYU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for the First Legion !

The survey continues.

strawpoll.me/14600980

3rd for NecrOwned

I wonder, can there be female Chaos worshipper with power armor but not marine?

Nth for choose your buffs

Inquisitor turned bad

>female

The only thing gayer than your survey, is you.

How should I best arm my world eater helbrute, is 2 fists or melee weapons too many eggs in the basket so to speak?

Preorders for haulers are open today.

No fucking clue where though could someone help?

Is Chaos Undivided:
> Worshipping all 4 gods equally
or
> Worshipping Chaos and/or the Immaterium itself, but none of the gods themselves

GW's own website, online retailers

>is 2 fists or melee weapons too many eggs in the basket so to speak?

Who cares. Just have fun with it. Buy two, and have a sensible one, and a fun one.

Anyone got the DA codex in PDF ?

What country are you in user? Can't help without knowing that.

Why there can't be Chaos undivided and Be'Lakor?

I just started getting into 40k and I like the lore of Imperial fists so I want them to be my first army. Problem is everyone at my FLGS keeps telling me to start with Grey Knights because yellow is beyond my skill level as a noobie. Can anyone who has played Imperial Fists tell how difficult they were to paint? I just want to praise Dorn.

A bit of both, it's a Holy Trinity sort of deal.

You wouldn't turn traitor for a cute chaos gf?

DA mega when?

Two fists w/Heavy Flamers is pretty good and cheap.

America. Can't find the preorder thing.

Should I get a LR crusader or a stormraven to carry my Deathwing knights?

Gotta wait until 1pm.

First we need epub.

Stormraven. Land Raiders are ugly

Ah thank you

Bela'kors lore claims that the Chaos Gods stopped doing Chaos undivided and Undivided princes because he was too powerful, so they stripped him of most of his power and is it me of does this sound really chuuni?
Anyway point is according the Bella's lore Lorgar and Perturabo should follow a specific god.

Homebrew successor?

Storm Raven are available, can fly and bring a Chaplain with the Squad.

But why can't the gods made an exeption for champions such as Lorgar and Perturabo?
3 undivided princes with Be'lakor as firstborn

If you want to check what's going to be up for pre-order, Australia always gets them first.

I don't like bacon smelling STD carriers either.

>Warsmith Kroeger (Deceased) - Kroeger was an Iron Warriors Warsmith of the 23rd Grand Battalion and a member of Perturabo's inner circle of advisors known as the Trident during the Great Crusade and the Horus Heresy. Originally, he served as a simple line warrior; a plain-speaking, bloody-handed brawler who excelled at assault actions. During the campaign against the Cadmean Citadel upon the Imperial Fists-controlled world of Hydra Cordatus, by the direct command of his Warsmith, he spearheaded an ill-advised assault against the formidable fortress. He was the lone survivor of the disastrous assault and was grievously wounded by the superior numbers of Imperial Fists Legionaries, and was only saved by the timely intervention of Perturabo and his Iron Circle of robotic praetorians. Recognising the warrior's raw talent and lack of ambition for glory's sake, Perturabo made Kroeger the new Warsmith of the 23rd Grand Battalion and a member of his inner circle of advisors known as the Trident. Ten millennia later, Kroeger would meet his ultimate fate, once again, upon the world of Hydra Crodatus during the 13th Black Crusade. By this time, Kroeger had given into his violent tendencies and had become a borderline berserker, though he was unlike the blood-crazed fiends of the World Eaters, as he seemed able to control his fury. He was killed during this campaign; his own Power Armour (possessed by a Lesser Daemon) decided to "bond" with a new owner, a former Imperial Guard Captain named Larana Utorian, who was Kroeger's personal slave. She donned her former master's armour and became fully possessed by the daemonic entity and subsequently killed Kroeger.

>
Yellow is hard but that doesn't mean go with a shit codex. Come up with your own IF successor in whatever colors you want.

There are ways to paint yellow easily nowadays.

You can just start from a white base, agrax the recesses and then cassandra yellow the shit out of it.
Or you can spray with Averland Sunset spray, then agrax the recesses and then layer with yriel yellow.

It's yellow over a black base that is a real pain the in ass.

Cultist chan is pure

Because apparently Bel'akor has to be ~special, It's retarded I know.

Honestly though the more I think about it the more Be'lakor's backstory sound like something like:
youtube.com/watch?v=sOZQtyAhyYU

also a dread, but the crusader can carry 8 termie models.
Eh, might end up with stormraven cuz it can do both provide against infantry and vehicles. Also the fly and dread dropping are great.

Interesting. Thank you for sharing fluff.

Is there any reference in the fluff of Chapter Masters kept active as dreadnoughts?
Thinking of playing my venerable as the schizoid and half demented CM of my chapter.

No probs, she was referenced to in the third ultramarines novel

Carab Culln from Red Scropions, he is Leviathan now.

How rare would be a Chapter stationed in one system and not going outside? (to crusade, to fight alongside others, etc)

Culln, dude is a fucking Leviathan now.

Is there no pdf of chapter approved yet? Cant find it in the mega directory

Though he is no longer the active chapter master.

Wolfs and Salamanders successors can now do whatever the fuck they want since the Ultima Founding made them Primaris successors chapters out of the blue. You can make whatever, fluff wise Dark Angels, Blood Angels and furry wolfes don't like Primaris. Salamanders couldn't care less.

>
Pretty rare for an active CM since Dreads spend a lot of time in stasis when they aren't fighting.

A mental ex-CM in a dread - definitely go for that.

Bjorn, former CM.

He's not though. New guy is regent/CM.
Soul Drinkers CM IIRC, though those guys were renegades. You COULD argue Bjorn is one I guess?

Land Raider, cause they're friggin awesome.

>Stormraven. Land Raiders are ugly
>prefering a flying toaster over the most iconic tonk in the game
(You) take that back

>venerable as the schizoid and half demented
Does that mean he can't remember who he is half the time and the other half he just wants to stay in and play computer games?

Because he is not, and Scorpions don't have CM now(because guy who is commanding the chapter don't want to be a CM and is called Regent).
Dreadnoughts can't be Chapter Master.

The "most iconic tonk in the game" is a brick with tiny weapons. I like the look of the Predator much more

The Blood Swords had a Dreadnought Chapter Master

Great, shame there are no non-chaplain non-libby cg dreads. Fluff is what it counts tho.

thx

>Dreadnoughts can't be Chapter Master.

Sounds like an alright dread to me.

> RW bike squad gone.

What the fuck are you doing GW ?

So what?

>they now have to dedicate Logar to a single god

>not liking bricks
How dare you.
Stop disliking what I like.

Index mate

I like LRs but i already have two rhinos, a predator, a whirlwind and a vindicator. Some flyer would be nice, even more if it can carry units.

rampart autism

Still the redeemer is god at AA !

If only Brits came up with better design during WW1....

You could just run Carab Culln counts as

Strictly speaking they haven't yet, in fact Wrath of Magnus seems to imply the opposite.

Make me

Cause at the moment Chaos manifests as the four gods. That may revert back in the future but for now and the last few editions that's how it is

>Strictly speaking they haven't yet, in fact Wrath of Magnus seems to imply the opposite.

>ADB: Undivided isn't a thing!
>WoM: except when it is

Which one is it GW?

ADB s fanfiction is shit tier. Ignore it.

My personal 'canons' are GW/FW over BL.

The lore hierarchy has always been
GW rules books > FW rules books > BL > FFG (in the past) > Other licensed content.

>Black library fanfic

Those events (Kroeger dying and her taking his armor etc) happens during the Storm of Iron novel.

GW and FW are always more canon than BL.

Jesus christ what a beast. Still, repurposing named characters seems a bit iffy to me. A venerable dreddy already has Captain ws and bs and doesnt costs as much. Still, if I played red scorps I would take him without doubt.

Wrong

Old Lore>Nu-Lore

Simpel as that

Can you technically punch a Stormraven flying 20m above you when it's in Hover mode?

Excepting Abaddon's Mark Ascendant, the gods don't share. You get the blessing of exactly one if you beg for it. Undivided was a 3rd ed catch-all for heretic Marines (and later, renegade chapters) who worshipped nobody, but got tired of the Administratum's bullshit. The four Undivided Legions were retconned so the four Cult Legions could have undiluted brands and miniatures ranges. How many units does Citadel make for Red Corsairs? Is it still one? That's the tell. Luna Wolves also have exactly one Citadel model, Abaddon. EC, DG, WE and TS Legions got many units represented by model ranges. NL, IW, WB and AL (barring bits) one or less: AKA Undivided. Not gribbly Warp mutants, just disgruntled former employees with a shit codex. But no one knows less about 40k than GW. Unless it's Black Library.

>Red Scorpions
>Leader is named Crab

The Shoryuken was invented for a reason.

Yes you can assault hover mode flyers. You can also assault things with a hover mode flyer.

Your interpretation is no more correct than ours, if we believe that GW and FW lore takes precedence over BL lore then you'll just have to accept that.

What could I proxy the forge world custodes stuff as? Especially the terminators. I really want to buy them, paint them and play them, but I only play 40k. Wat do

how does undivided dilute the cult brands? you couldn't take cult anything unless you were playing black legion with the 3.5 codex

Input on how to make this list better (keeping the theme though)? Maybe with organizing it into better detachments?

Nurgle Demons Bat:

1 x Great Unclean One (Fleshy Abundance, Virulent Blessing)
1 x Herald of Nurgle (Fleshy Abundance)

3 x Nurglings
3 x Nurglings
30 x Plaguebearers

5 x Plague Drones

Death Guard Supreme Command

3 x Demon Prince of Nurgle with Wings (2 Malefic Talons, Plague Wind)
1 x Mortarion (Curse of the Leper, Miasma, Plague Wind)

1850 pts

>
>
Rogue Trader Lore > All

where's muh half eldar Librarian

>muh obi-wan sherlock inquisitor

used to be it could mean a bunch of different things from acknowledgement of Chaos as a allied and possibly "divine" force to worships of chaos and/or the gods generally to aligning yourself through worship or other means to warp entities that were not aligned to the gods

Who is this canoness?

No one here started 40k form the Rouge Trader era and liked it because of that , you can kys.

Wait for them to have 8th rules. You can't do shit with a squad of 3.