/tgesg/ - Saturday Night Elder Scrolls General

Nerevarine kills Vivec at the end of Morrowind Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[TES 5E Conversion] uestrpg.wixsite.com/home

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos, except for Pelinal.

Previous kalpa:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DfX-CMsftWI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>No waifus/husbandos, except for Pelinal
Shit thread.

>Nerevarine kills Vivec at the end of the Morrowind

You know, one thing that bugs me about the TES games are that they sorta feel disconnected at times. You'd think the events of Morrowind would be felt in Oblivion, or at least have more in the way of mention rather than some passing words.

So as far as making a game for your friends in the RPG or whatnot, how would you go about tying things together a bit more?

>Wanting a waifu who won’t kill elves indiscriminately
Absolutely abysmal taste, user

If I want pelinal spammer autism I would make a thread on /v/.

>Nerevarine kills Vivec at the end of Morrowind Edition
>not BEFORE the end of Morrowind

What is that Dunmer doing?

The filename explains it; hes selling merchandise in a market somewhere.

looks like he's just displaying his wares

>implying /v/ isnt waifu hell
You n’wah

I always thought Veeky Forums was more waifu hell than /v/.

For some reason it looks like some kind of drink ceremony to me.

Yeah, I see what you're getting at, with the bottles and bowls.

The effects of the Oblivion Crisis is very heavily felt in Skyrim, it's just not as direct as you might think at first. It's been 200 years, after all.
The time-skip is actually kind of a new for the main series (the side games have skipped a bit more), since the span of time between the start of Arena and the end of Oblivion is just 44 years. The Eternal Champion could feasibly still be alive by the time of the Oblivion Crisis, though (s)he'd be old if human.

As for how I'd make world a bit more cohesive in a tabletop setting, I'd just do a good job of reading history and picking up specific things from the various games. I wouldn't focus on the heroes themselves, but rather the factions they interact with and the events they're involved in. It's kind of hard to be more specific than that, as it depends a lot on where and when the game is set.
Ultimately, I'd put a bigger weight on drawing stuff from books than directly from the games, but you naturally need to use both.

It's mentioned, but you're right in that the time skip sorta muddled it all. Truth be told, I think Bethesda just did that in order to handwave changing things up a bit and trying to introduce some big conflict.

Well for a prompt, say you do a game in Cyrodiil after the events of Morrowind but before the events of Oblivion, how might you have Dunmer in your setting react to maybe hearing that the Tribunal stepped down?

Sort of unrelated but is apocalypse magic really lore friendly in any way and fun or is it just overpowered bullshit

>The effects of the Oblivion Crisis is very heavily felt in Skyrim, it's just not as direct as you might think at first.

End of the dragonborn line is the pnly tjing i could think of which would probably be important to the nords

Am I really supposed to beleive that Alessia was married to a minotaur?

She was a slut for the Big Bull Cock.

>It's mentioned
It's a bit more than that. It's not very hard to trace the line from the Oblivion Crisis to the Great War. Just because it's not explicit doesn't mean it isn't there.

As for the Dunmer, the interesting thing there is that the fall of the Tribunal causes that chaotic time between their fall and the new order that seems to become more stable after the Argonian invasion. There would be a lot of confusion and uncertainty, since a lot of the changes and processes that are going on are happening inside Morrowind, and isn't something a Dunmer ins Cyrodiil might know too much about.
There's a widening schism in the priesthood at this time, but it doesn't really erupt into change until after the Red Year, and likewise the political changes between the Great Houses hasn't fully grown to what it will later become, with the fall of the Hlaalu, the weakening of Indoril and the rise of the Redoran.

The splintering of the Empire, the rise of the Thalmor and the eventual Mede-dynasty all have to do with the Crisis.

What the fuck is apocalypse magic

Not a minotaur, a bull. Their offspring were minotaurs.

Some mod I think

Fucking cuckbride

All these spells mods essentially turn all the magic schools into the same one but with different paintjobs.

fucking amazing magic mod for skyrim. that guy's whole series is pretty great, really.
I'm no lorebeard but nothin in it or any of the rest of the collection seemed out of place

Nah, he was a winged minotaur.

Although there's a statue of him in Oblivion that is fully human, so idk.

I'm thinking he was a bull like man in mannerisms and thought

Also with a sick ass nose ring

>Pelinal was securing the existence of the Human race.

Speaking of cucking, I read a fanfic one time where Huna was an Aylied woman. That's more or less become my headcanon, even though it's not very likely at all.

(If anybody knows the fanfic I'm talking about, can you link it? It was short but pretty fuckin good imo.)

Either whitewashing history or something where it's a both situation. Like if Muatra can be a dwarf then Morihaus can both.

Dunno, I like the idea that most legendary stuff in TES backstory is in fact a legend. The idea that he was a dude with some vague bull association or bull imagery who was then remember as an actual bull man appeals to me.

Is there any precedent for Blood magic in TES? Sacrificial or otherwise?

You meet Pelinal in an Oblivion, and he doesn't seem to be a robot.

Appearances can be deceiving.

Some stuff. Life energy definitely is a thing, the Volkihar and a lot of vampire clans seem to use stuff akin to it, the Morkuldin Orc clan uses blood magic technology, and I'm pretty sure there's Reachmen shit that uses i.t

Pelinal being a futurebot was always the stupidest shit to me. I'll take my elf killer fleshy, magically charged and PTSD-riden, thank you very much.

Briarhearts? I suppose. How do the Orcs use it?

Trainboy is talking about ESO stuff.

Not entirely clear, I think it's sort of an infusion or enchantment to make the machines and weapons much tougher. But they specifically would forge things with "the blood of their enemies".

So?

So possibly similar to go crafting Daedric weapons is explained in Morrowind? Some sort of magic fuckery that somehow infuses the essence of Daedra into the blade? That sounds pretty neat, I wonder how strong you'd have to be to become a blade? That sounds like a pretty metal way to die desu

I'm pretty sure having your battle-fallen corpse dragged back to a giant orcish mechaforge and being turned into some forge-wife's hammer or an animated armor piece that screams isn't that metal of an afterlife, besides in the literal way.

Metal=/=good m8, it just means, well, metal. Like you'd hear some Finnish Black Metal band do a song about that.

Something being metal is usually pretty bad. Though who knows, maybe its bitchin to be a sword?

It's a pretty good way to see it, but at the same time
>Alessia ruled her empire from Sancre Tor
>With Morihaus at her side, one would think
>Minotaur
>Minotor
>Menotor
>Men o'Tor

It just works

There's minotaur armor that's just horned cow armor. He could dressed up like one

But then... where did minotaurs come from?

Curse of Hircine. Like most beast related shit in TES.

Or hell, maybe Hircine cursed Morihaus and Mor really was a bull man.

They wouldn't be a race then though

Someone being cursed to be a minotaur and then having minotaur children doesn't really seem out of the realm of possibility to me.

Are minotaurs even sentient?

Hard to say, they wear complicated armor of their own designs, but most seem to be pretty retarded.
I'd say they're on the same level of Rieklings or goblins.

>There's minotaur armor that's just horned cow armor
Remember where exactly is it from? Right.

I dont know how they are protrayed in ESO, but in oblivion they appear to be on the same level as ogres (creating weapons and such), but we don't know for sure.

Theres some indication of him being Ada, specifically related to Kynareth, as he is named Morihaus Breath-of-Kyne

>I dont know how they are protrayed in ESO

Pretty much the same. There's friendly ones and I think the guys besieging Falkreath are under attack by a highly intelligent one, but that could easy be an anomaly.

It is mostly Veeky Forums but /v/ has it from time to time too, sometimes a good thread pops up there though.

Domihaus either has magic or something else going on. I'd say they're like giants. Not nearly feral, they have culture and language, but are primitive and tribal

>Theres some indication of him being Ada
It's fairly explicit that he's an Ada, but we're speculating how much of that is myth vs history here.

I'll bet you play ESO and think that abomination is canon

I think when it comes to TES, myth is indistinguishable from history.

Why do you do

Man, from fucking an empress to being goblin-tier. That's a hard fall.

In other news, is there anything close to a river god? TES seems lacking for water gods in general.

>an animated armor piece that screams isn't that metal of an afterlife

Apart from Kynareth TES lacks nature gods in general.

There's actually a fair amount of nature gods, harvest gods, etc. But there's very little in the way of water gods. Even the ones we have are really stretching it, like Hernia Mora and Sotha Sil

Heh, that's funny.

How is Sotha Sil a water god?

He's associated with Memory (which is water), but he's also stated in some of the sermons to have the Selfishness of the Sea.
Like I said, with both we're kind of stretching it.

Nah brah, she was married to all mankind.

Don't forget Orgnum

I thought he was more the god of babies and also money. Like a moneybaby godking

You and I, we think alike.

>be out of the loop a few years
>check on /tesg/, see link to sister thread for MUH LORE

Is this real life? How long has this been a thing? I'm so excited.

At least since Skyrim was released.

So, how many elven races exists? Ten? Eleven? By the way, let's not take the Khajitt in consideration on this one.

We've been here for several years.

That depends on how you'd restrict it in terms of time and geography. Also depends on what you'd call a race, I guess.

A general list:
(Aldmer), Altmer, (Ayleid), Bosmer, (Chimer), Chimeri-quey, Dunmer, (Dwemer), Falmer, (Lefthanded Elves), Maormer, Orsimer, [Khajiit]

Vivec-tier:
Dreugh

Around the number I had said, I see. Although I wouldn't divide the chimer and the chimeri-quey and would say that the aldmer and altmer are the same thing, thanks for the insight.
>Dreugh
Excuse me?

You'd be surprised what's an elf.

I already am.

Is that Kirkbride?

...is he okay?

You tell me
youtube.com/watch?v=DfX-CMsftWI

How old is Mikey anyway?

Ooh okay I remember this, didn't recognize the screenshot at first.

Yeah.

So is there any difference between a Lefthanded Elf and an elf from another elf race that's born left handed?

>Want to get into Morrowind because everything I've seen and read makes it obvious that Dunmer and Morrowind have the best lore, plus the spell system seems really cool
>The actual game itself is just a dull mess of slowly walking across barren as fuck landscape to collect mushrooms
I honestly don't mind the combat system as much as others, but the hours you spend walking across brown roads with the occasionally mushroom tree to add to the scenery kills it for me.

I can drink to that, I started with Oblivion, but man...

...the game really takes me out of it...

They're a specific kind of Elf, rather than just an elf whose dominant hand is left.

Well they're also all dead via nuclear swords, last I checked.

Well some dudes are remaking it in Skyrim's engine. That should be fun.

I can name Kyne and Y'ffre. Who else?

So the reason that Coldharbour resembles Tamriel is because of the whole thing where Molag Bal tried to merge the realms, right? He tried to render the planes indistinguishable to the consensus so they'd become one with him having power over both, correct?

Yea

I'm ignorant to the details of that story line, but that whole scenario could play out in weird ways. Molag Bal could've actually won and conquered Tamriel, but could've been metaphysically lawyered out of the victory after the fact.

Yeah

That said, there is some evidence that Molag Bal knows about Kalpas, maybe even about the dreamer.

Not to mention the near complete conversion to the imperial cult due to missionary release efforts post crisis. Even though this is actually because a dev thought that the old pantheon would alienate Oblivion players. Fuck him for turning the Nords into magic-hating simpletons and ruining skyrim

The Forsworn see kyne as the god of the karth river.

Is the Battlespire still up there as of skyrim?

yes, but no one knows if its still infested with daedra

>Not getting alternation, jump and cheap slowfall amulet.
Lemme guess, nord?

I'd like to readdress things I've said regarding the "jungle" thing for Cyrodiil and how the landscape would evolve. There are any number of reasons why a jungle would, rapidly, be converted into a more traditional sparse forest. Jungles are terrible. People romanticize the jungle, but the jungle is wild. It's canopious trees, poor soil, and untenable terrain. It's a den of shadow, poison, blight, and suffering. If you take over a jungle as someone needing to make a civilization work on that land, the jungle is not going to last. You're going to clear cut it, burn it, seed it with straight trees to exploit for lumber, and bulldoze it to begin establishing farmland.

I mean, shit. If you're part of an empire working as a mid-level official responsible for the well-being and protection of an area and it comes under attack by greater beasts, the most product solution is to clearcut the woods to give the fuckers nowhere to hide so you can engage in a cull.

There are so many reasons a jungle wouldn't last.

>the most product solution
prudent

Isn't the argument less about forest density and more about climate?