What would Order Skaven and Chaos Slann be like?

What would Order Skaven and Chaos Slann be like?

Other urls found in this thread:

whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Nezumi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slaad
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not Skaven or Slann anymore.

I guess Chaos Dwarves and Dark Elves aren't Dwarves or Elves "anymore".

Slann were originally chaos. They also had lobotomized slaves.

Huh I didn't know Blanche did art for Warhammer Fantasy too

How old are you?

Dwarves, elves, and humans are lesser races compared to Skaven. It's different.

I was never into fantasy, chill out bro.

Im chill, I just don't get how anyone doesn't know he's been with GW since the beginning.

Like, pre Warhammer. Back when they still produced adventures for D&D and scenarios for Chainmaille

>Order Skaven
Dwarves
>Chaos Slann
Demons

Well, Rats are actually incredibly social and altruistic, so Non-Chaotic Skaven would probably be fiercely loyal with a well defined societal structure where everyone carries his weight and everyone is cared for.

I personally think the picture that you posted pretty much summarizes what Order Skavens would probably be like in my opinion, just an entire race populated by creatures with a similar personality to Master Splinter from tmnt, especially Clan Eshan when you think about it, which to be honest would be pretty awesome. A clan like Clan Pestilens would probably be the opposite of what they are now, instead of wielding diseases and such, they would probably be a clan populated by doctors, focusing on healing people, and curing various plagues. Clan Skryre would probably be similar to what they are now, though instead of technology that has a high chance of failing, they would probably focus on safety when making new machines, and take precautions to prevent catastrophic malfunctions. Clan Moulder though, maybe a clan populated by farmers? Honestly with Clan Moulder, I honestly have no clue what they would be like.

Clan Eshin do have a weird honor code.

Isn't there a story of a Slann who got wounded by a Chaos blade and consequently corrupted by the injury? As far as I remember he never got completely taken over, but acted more and more insane and cruel. Orchestrating non-sensical constructions and sacrificing a whole bunch of lizardmen in the dangerous process. Got killed before he could fuck up for good by preparing a desastrous ritual.

In his own mind though, he was never a follower of Chaos. I think that sums it up pretty well, Slann are arcane beings, too powerful to be turned into mutants or demons, but they can be corrupted and mislead.

Splinter is a pretty good idea for Skaven

>Dwarves
Not just Dwarves. Fast Breeding Dwarves. gg elves and goblins.

Skaven lack a lot of things that make Dwarves formidable.
They are not nearly as sturdy and their craftyness, while impressive in its own right, is based on cheat codes aka warpstone. The technological edge, they have on some races is mostly due to the fact that no other faction would be insane enough to employ the same methods.

Good/Order Skaven would be scrappy, goofy underdogs. Pestilens and Moulder would need to be taken out entirely.

Evil/Chaos Lizardmen would be cold, cruel alien beings who conduct grotesque experiments on the younger races. Think War of the Worlds/Xcom aliens.

Take the existing aesthetics and skew them the other way basically. It's much harder for the Skaven since their theme is already being an evil mirror of humanity, so if you reverse the reflection you get...humans.

While lizards are already alien in concept.

>Well, Rats are actually incredibly social and altruistic, so Non-Chaotic Skaven would probably be fiercely loyal with a well defined societal structure where everyone carries his weight and everyone is cared for.

That sounds a little bit boring desu

>Good/Order Skaven would be scrappy, goofy underdogs.

I like that better. Well-meaning goofballs who fuck things up by trying to fix things that aren't broken.

>Slann were originally chaos
thoroughly false

Go read the original Warhammer fantasy battles rulebook. Slaan were part of the chaos section.

You'll also find racist pygmies, ninjas, and all sorts of weirdness.

>Pestilens and Moulder would need to be taken out entirely.

Order Pestilens fights using a variety of paralyzing or otherwise incapacitating, though ultimately harmless, gases and mixtures. Maybe they otherwise have a focus on medicine and healing.

Order Moulder... fuck I dunno, maybe they give the sickly or otherwise physically incapable the option to willingly be turned super-rats?

>o willingly be turned super-rats?
>Rat Spess Marines
>Rat Spess Marines
>RAT, FUCKING, SPESS MARINES
Fund it.

I agree that Chaos Dwarves are lame.

Dark Elves are also lame but tragically popular as a meme and have a larger thematic use.

Boring

Fancy Skaven were a thing in Warhammer Fantasy. An old thing that probably hasn't been canon for a long time, but they were still a thing.

Nobles would take in skaven and keep them as servants, housepets, and secret messengers. Of course, they had to be kept hidden, or else witch hunters would show up at your door, but really, what wouldn't make a witch hunter come knocking?

Do you have a source for this by any chance? Not that I don't believe you but I've seen this thing mentioned a few times without being able to identify the original source.

Gropey you're still alive?
And on Veeky Forums?
I would've thought you'd keeled over by now or at least have left

Order Skaven would be a lot more united and less of a clusterfuck and their tech would be more reliable and more mass produced even if it had less bang on a per weapon basis.

>Order Skaven
Those ugly lil niggas from Guild Wars with all the magitech and meme science.
>Chaos Lizardmen
Normal lizardmen except instead of "reeee git outta ma swamp" it's "reeee git outta ma swamp (but with more spikes and screaming)

I feel like chaos lizards would be followers of either Undivided or the raw warp itself and ignore the "gods" themselves.

>Order Skaven
Ninjas who sneak into the layers of Chaos lords and try to assassinate them
>Chaos Slann
"fallen angels" who try to overthrow the Order Slann

l5r.wikia.com/wiki/Nezumi

Order Skaven would be prankish, fiercely brood-loyal whimsical cowards. They would still be rapid and frenetic inventors with high casualty rates and still have short lifespans, and dwarfs would still find them fucking annoying due to claiming similar turf and having an ideology different from theirs.

whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Nezumi
&
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slaad
I rule Slann & Slaad & Great Old Ones to be a multiversal race.

Order Skaven doesn’t mean Good, nice Skaven. Lizardmen are order and still commit brutal sacrifice and have a general distain for the younger races. Mazdamundis whole plan after chaos was eradicated was to purge the lesser races from all of their non-native lands. Lizardmen would be the antagonists in almost any other setting despite being order aligned.