>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>WIP's own 10-point painting scale:
pastebin.com/sxXFfws3

>Previous Threads:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zmHSgrvSYXo&ab_channel=WarhammerTV
youtube.com/watch?v=zmHSgrvSYXo
youtube.com/watch?v=mPReqUUhlEk)
amainhobbies.com/plastruct-mrx20-hexagon-rod.020-10-pls90871/p53695?gclid=CjwKCAiApdPRBRAdEiwA84bo38GcQ7w_Uk36YUoabxzTZvD7Iq_8zuawOMVt7z_uy8oC2dPxIDX6HhoCdXYQAvD_BwE
evergreenscalemodels.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>sent you the meme man himself
Do me proud user.

Holy shit please someone help me save this stumpy golden testicle

Is that the alien creature from 5th element dude?

Now that you say it maybe

The füg is this lads

rate my codex-compliant, spiritual-liege-praising, emperor-loving Ultramarine

Blood for the Blood- err - Spiritual Liege!
Skulls for the Sk-, Honor...Throne of, uhm, Macragge!

HOLY SHIT XAVIER I JUST GOT YOUR SECRET SANTA YOU ARE THE FUCKING BEST

no hazzard stipes on chainsword/10
you had one job user

Many thanks user. The card is with my Xmas cards and it's content understood. The sweets where awesome and the tube of tablets tasted like vacuum packed shit that i will take great delight in slipping into my go workers tea.

Post pics for the rest of us, nerd.

isn't that the Iron Warriors schtick ?

Oh, good.

>the tube of tablets tasted like vacuum packed shit

You can also crush them tablets and let them dissolve into vodka.

Anyone got a desk light recommendation? My old one is the kind that clamps to the desk and it doesn't fit my new setup - looking for something with a base that will just sit on a flat surface, be bright as fuck, and hopefully not take up much space.

I have to stay dry for work sadly. But thank you my friend.

youtube.com/watch?v=zmHSgrvSYXo&ab_channel=WarhammerTV
Combat cards edition when?

holy fuq

i always paint hazzard stipes on my chainswords, and if i can get away with it on dozerblades and such, makes it instant 40k to me. or i'm just stuck in the 90's

Ya this Xavanon is the motherfuckin shit

I git pic related from ikea for equivalent of 10$.
Was 1/3rd of the price compared to other lamps.
Doesnt have a base but a clamp to grab the edge of a desk - doesnt take up the space.
Cant see on the photo but its a huge bastard with like 1m of reach and the strenght of light is obviously up to you and the bulb you chose.
I can post my "worstation" if you want some visualisation.

Looks sick as fuck, good job user
I'll definitely try it on otherr models

does anyone do that monthly bits thing from spikey bits? what kind of shit do they send out?

south padre island user checkin in here. anyone sent my SS gift yet? post office turned up with nothing again today
also some grots

Why the candy in the secret santas what the meme there?

It's not a meme. It's just candy.

Candy in a christmas gift
>meme
Chill dude.

That's me! I got yours this morning, but I was just leaving to go see Star wars so I haven't posted pics yet.
I love the bits they're gonna be super useful in my Exorcists covirsions, and the pen is perfect for doing purity seals!
Your package should be arriving on Tuesday. I sent it from work the other day.
Happy Holidays!

No memes that I'm aware of, candy is just a nice (and above all cheap) addition to the packages, so it makes awesome filler.

>tfw u find a malcador infernus for dirt cheap already primed from based reseller

Wow mate sorry, I was phone posting during the commercial and I misunderstood that you are looking for something with a clamp.

I know you are people are probably sick of reading these but im getting angsty the present sent to me got lost or something. So if you are my match and you are reading this please respond. I know you would sent it wednseday, or are you outside of germany? That could explain it, why its taking so long.

I´m M.K. from germany, did you perhaps get a tracking number

I-I was planning to maybe spruce him up a bit with GS and have him in my command squad as a unique dude.

Just got my sekret santa. Neat, that buttplug handle will be very useful. Better than the wooden block and masking tape I've been using. Thanks.

happy holidays user!! i'm pumped to see what you got me!

Needs more sweeeeeets

youtube.com/watch?v=zmHSgrvSYXo

going for the anime audience i see

Neat, you can even ease yourself with candy cane before going for the main course - that's real considerate of whoever send the package.

we know what the last step is

holy fuck

Duncan as a magical girl edit when?

Cheers Dutchanon! Great models, can't wait to get cracking on them !

Finished skin highlights

James in Ohio, your package is headed out! Expect it within the next few days! O-H

>tfw you know your package was mailed tuesday and its still not here

reduce the image size next time you post a pic, the large size your model look really, really thicc

>nail clipper
buy sprue cutters you fucking spaz

as long as you can see his glorious face its fine

>Not imbuing his 'nids chitin with keratin
You must protect your bugs!

If you change him, esp. his face in any way you simply do not deserve him.

Can't stop thinking about dipping the cane in that paint pot

This scheme can end up looking really good. I think painting the striation gaps in the flesh a pink color like the whip would really help make it pop.

how do you dudes use this shit? dry brush it on or turn it into a wash? i have never used it

I was planning on decorating his coat and helmet. My guard is a bunchbof greatcoats with embroided coats and crested helmets, so he'd fit right in this way.

blame the holidays, not the postal workers. The huge influx of packages means they can only work so fast and knowing that they're helping make someone happy is all that's keeping them from blowing their brains out at work.

you can apply it as a powder, and then lock it into place with something like pic related.

You can dissolve it in a suitable solvent and paint it on (usually odorless thinner), it'll return to its dusty appearance when it dries, it'll still need fixing.

You can mix it with acrylic resin (available from MIG and AK for instance) for a goopy substance that works really well as mud.

plenty of options.
You can find plenty of ways to use the stuff in tutorials for the more "realistic" modeller side of the model-building hobby, they've been using them for decades.

Is there ever a time when I would actually be using Ceramite White, given that it's essentially a thicker, chalkier White Scar & you always layer up to white anyway?

I use it and it's shit. Buy white scar instead

Ceramite white makes me want to die.

>404

perfect

Noice

Pretty much done with this model, until someone points something out I totally missed. The right horn ended up being lost in the additional wire/hair, I should be able to pick it out while painting though. 29 skulls went into the base and two were sacrificed to the floor.

Unrelated to that, I ordered the first set of chameleon metallic paints greenstuff world offers and was planning to spray them on some necron warriors with black, white and zenithal undercoat. Would pictures of the result be appriciated, or will there be enough reviews once they start arriving?

Thanks Anons, glad that got cleared up

That is a damn clever use of the Magos body. Looks great.

>Unrelated to that, I ordered the first set of chameleon metallic paints greenstuff world offers and was planning to spray them on some necron warriors with black, white and zenithal undercoat. Would pictures of the result be appriciated, or will there be enough reviews once they start arriving?
Reviews are always appreciated.
I've ordered both sets as well, and will be posting pictures when I get around to using them (though that could be quite a while).

Thanks
I should get the painting done pretty fast once they arrive. But when I ordered there around the same time last year, my packet got held up in both spain and germany and only arrived in february.

Spain to the Netherlands usually takes at least a week for me (I've ordered from Scale75 quite often, this site is located in the same area), but I've never had them held anywhere thankfully.

Does /wip/ have any recommendations for where to get plasticard and what kind?

I'm hoping to get some sheets in the near future for terrain building, as well as some rods that I can cut up for different sized rivets.

>I should get the painting done pretty fast once they arrive
On that note, the one review that was linked here (youtube.com/watch?v=mPReqUUhlEk) did note that you'll need 6-8 coats to get decent coverage, remember to let it dry between layers and take your time, and hit your primed mini with a coat of gloss like he did, solvent based colorshifts also require a gloss base to work at their best, and so do these.

Hey did anyone have a Houston user with an apartment number 14**

What region (roughly) are you from user, that makes recommendations a little easier to do.

Made my day seeing it posted! Nice to see you enjoyed my gift.

Shit, I made a mental note in my head to mention that I'm looking for something in North America, and then completely forgot to actually put it in the post. So yeah, anything Canada/USA should be fine.

for rods, it's hard to beat plastruct
amainhobbies.com/plastruct-mrx20-hexagon-rod.020-10-pls90871/p53695?gclid=CjwKCAiApdPRBRAdEiwA84bo38GcQ7w_Uk36YUoabxzTZvD7Iq_8zuawOMVt7z_uy8oC2dPxIDX6HhoCdXYQAvD_BwE

for sheets, try to make friends with the local convention center and have them give you all the old meeting signs everytime a convention leaves town

Show me the tonks you have painted WIP.

Probably not the cheapest option, but definitely the real stuff: evergreenscalemodels.com/

No tanks, but I have pics of walkers from ages ago.

how about a halftrakk?

and his faithful hound

>not a melee type

Sweet baby jesus yes.

Perfect.

Amusingly enough I guessed something like 6 coats with a brush when reading the description.
Wasn't sure about putting a gloss coat on there, since it says they work without it, guess I shouldn't risk it. Thanks.

Sent it Thursday, no tracking, with DHL, should be there Monday the latest actually.

How does the snow look

Could someone provide a link to the airbrush and compressor you use? I know a lot of people seem to like compressors from Ebay but I have no idea what I'm looking at unfortunately.

This will be my first airbrush and will primarily be used for undercoating and shading until I get the hang of it.

looks good, clean the rim of your base. what did you use?

Baking soda

What colour would go well pale bone/eggshell for space marines? I'm trying to get a gothic flavour reminiscent of cathedral marble/renaissance art

I nearly did it with Eldar chainswords until I realised that was more Rogue Trader than classic Warhams

Still have a tiger-stripe wraithlord though just because

I retrieved some sheets of polystyrene and PVC Foamboard from the trash at work, and have bashed some rock formations together. The enclosure atop the larger rock is on a base that slots into the top of the mound, albeit not terribly flatly at the moment. The building inside is a 'mystery' GW release from 1997 that nobody I've asked has ever seen before (still got the instructions though, so definitely GW). It may just be that it didn't sell very well and was quickly discontinued.

So, yeah... just about to start thinking about buildings for the enclosure. That's all really.

Grey-black? There was a Mortifactors army in one of the old WDs which had the bone colour painted actual bone and the black a kind of graphite grey

That or deep green or red, but you end up close to DA or BA successors that way. Both of whom draw from baroque/renaissaance styles

Finally got time to collect this from the post office and open it, thanks a lot user. I've already got some plans in mind for the models and bitz you sent. And I've got about two dozen marines waiting to be based, so the big baggie of basing materials will come in handy.

>Your package was mailed on the 6th, but user is away till Christmas, so you won't know if they have it till the 20-somethingth.

>On the other side, you've heard absolutely nothing yet.

Working on a nativity as a gift for my parents.

Still have a bit of work to do before shading and highlighting, but baby Jesus, Mary, and Joseph are coming along nicely.

Mary's forehead needs a little touching-up.Also... is that a mold-line on her thigh?

What scale are they? Can you 'up-arm' them after Christmas when your folks aren't looking and put them back in the box till next year?