Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Sanguinius has N*gger hair edition

>FAQ update
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/15/the-future-of-faqs-and-chapter-approved-dec-15gw-homepage-post-2/

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer Updated for Tyranids? Math-user requests vetting
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=1549977001
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/15/the-future-of-faqs-and-chapter-approved-dec-15gw-homepage-post-2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What have they done with him???

Be'lakor is the only undivided daemon prince.

Nth for the hydra

Till GW made Lorgar or Perturabo.

>I'm going to by Sly Marbo
>I don't even play IG
I haven't even bothered building my anniversary marine

Fulgrim got his ass beat by a skeleton.
A SKELETON.

If it is this fellow you looking to sell?

A loyalist and Chaos terminator meet each other in battle and both are using chain-fists. How exactly do they fight? Just try to jam the chainsaw into the other?

I think I just gained a measure of respect for Guard players. I just build an infantry squad for my GSC and the models are ancient.

I like how the sprues and options work though, its so old school yet logical. The mouldlines aren't annoyingly hidden, they are very open and basic. And there are next to no instructions on how to set anything up, you just have to use your head.

Did not have any instructions on the heavy weapon team, so I had to go by a picture.

Such a huge difference compared to the other infantry models I've built so far.

Does anyone have a PDF or Epub of Eminence Sanguis?

>Mfw I'm out of town during Boxing day and not even near a GW
I'm just gonna convert my own.

Hey gents, Chart user part deux here. I just made a shiny new 1v1 chart, hit me with what units you'd like to see square off and I'll tell you who wins. Chart is here:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=1549977001

I really like the idea of a Gargoyle-heavy tyranid force. How trash are they?

What?

And I forgot to put in an image for visibility, so have a real life Pokemon.

Yes it's him, but I'm not selling. I basically opened him up, put his legs and torso together and boxed him back up.

Trazyn kicked his ass easily.

When?

The new Fabulous Bill novel.

>clone of Fulgrim gets locked in a stasis field by Trazyn
>holy shit guise Fulgrim totally BTFO by a necron lmao!!!

Fuck you reactionary meming faggots, I was hoping for an epic Overlord vs Primarch beatdown, instead it was just Trollzyn using a master ball on a CLONE of Fulgrim

>BL novel
not reading it, when Trazyn fought Fulgrim?

Yah the Cadians are old, but nowhere near as old/shitty looking as the Catachans. I think everyone was just hoping for new models when the fall of Cadia happened and all the new regimental stuff got released.

Another clones created only so Primarchs can lose?

>the White Scars will never get any significant attention again
>they are a completely forgotten Legion, even more so than the Raven Guard

[[sadly screaming]]

Chinaman does fantastic Anniversary Marines for like $5

Clones are the best a xenos will ever beat.

It was a perfect clone though, with of of Fulgrim's power and combat skills.

That's a lot of pedostache

I think people are looking at it the wrong way. Belakor is not the only undivided demon prince, he just doesn't owe allegiance to the chaos gods. Kinda like Big E mischief, taking the power and running with it. Lorgar is undivided but owes allegiance to ALL the chaos gods.

Or is it easier to keep the troll going?

Stasis field > The most potent combatant. EVERY. TIME.

No such thing as a perfect clone of a primarch. You need the original soul.

Malice is only true chaos god

GW is just lazy
>made undivided daemon Primarch
>add Be'Lakor who is only undivided prince
>undivided Primarchs are now "?" Princes
Making Lorgar anything than undivided is retarded

He has fucking goldilocks. ECKSDEE

The fluff specifically says that Be'lakor is the only one with no single master, therefore everyone else has a single master.

All these characters from all these factions getting chucked in time jailEndtimes basically confirmed at this point

They litteraly had a (good) novel about them last month, involving time travel shenanigans and have the attention of based Wraight in the HH. That's far from being forgotten.

This one was. Daemons confirmed it and he had the same powers as Fulgrim, which do not derive from biology.

New Abaddon model when?

A couple of months ago I was at Bath Uni and they had quite a few axolotls in tanks. Apparently you can graft legs from other axolotls onto them for one with five legs.

I asked them if they knew if that leg could also regrow and they hadn't tried it yet, so I may have caused the poor bastard some future distress there. Wonder what happens if you force a morph on a five-star juvenile? That qualifies more as animal abuse and mad science than anything useful, though.

Belakor is basically squatted fantasy material desu.

None of that mattered though, Trazyn didn’t even fight him in a duel and beat him in combat, he just locked him in a stasis field, which no amount of combat experience will save you from

So how did carnac get his name?
Was he a tripfag prior to this? I doubt it cause he seems to have no problem announcing his presence in threads which a trip would do anyway. How long has he been around for anyway?

Also Tau is for fags

never
or fw

Isn't he the guy who got btfo by some lizards who threw rocks at him? Seems like undivided doesn't do much

Here from 2010 40k, just tried to read a new codex, wtf is going on

Yup, he beat him so easily.

aside from M'Kar

I'm surprised nobody has tried it. It'd be a fascinating experiment, but incredibly unhealthy for the poor things.

Time got rewind and fucked over the galaxy.

What would you like to know? Lore? Rule changes?

Any update on DA codex?

Read gathering storm, then the 8ed rules, then Dark Imperium by Guy Haley, and look up Warhmmaer community site, they might have a recap hidden somewhere.
Galaxy is split in two by a huge warp rift, shit happened, Cadia is destroyed, guilliman, Magnus and Mortarion came back, there are new, better marines around, but they might be afflicted by their Primogenitors flaws.

hasn't there been a lack of new models for each codex release
i know it to get them all playable for the new edition

How do I make a list

Ah. Good to know the lore is getting raped more.

Start with 2 troops and an HQ

The Primaris Dreadnought looks like dogshit and there is nothing you can say that will prove this fact wrong

Yes.

I mean, you're not wrong. But it's killy as fuck.

DG had a ton of releases for their codex.

Points are in the back now. You pay for any & all wargear on top of the base cost now, rather than it being included. It's kinda daft & I don't really understand the purpose other than that it maybe made it easier to change things in Chapter Approved

Detachments is the name of the game. Look at the rulebook, it lists the detachments at the back. They do things like give you 1-3 HQ slots and 2-4 troops, something of the sort, and you can mix and match them. It's a basically unprecedented level of flexibility.

forgot about deathguard

They've outright said their main objective was to get all the codices out first and foremost. The regular model releases will come back after that. Plus it's a way for them to bide their time, which is fair enough.

>Points are in the back now
Points should have ALWAYS been listed beneath the unit.

Apart from the fact that the top of the sarcophagus is left unprotected, I like it. But you do you user.

I'm looking to get into 40K, since the new edition seems like a pretty good starting point. Having trouble deciding on an army though.

Basically, I'm digging both the grimdark, millions of men meaninglessly drowning in their own blood for a corpse-emperor while mankind descends further into ruin flavor AND the heroic space warriors smiting enemies left and right with grim determination flavor.

What would be the best armies for each of these flavors? I'm guessing Imperial Guard is pretty much the first, but what should I play if I want to feel like my little plastic men are heroic space badasses who rush into the swirling combat, facing down enemies on all sides, pushing forward through all odds and generally just power trip all over the place?

Not a very good explanation.

>rules don't count for fluff! Daemon Primarchs are daemon princes despite not having the keyword!
>only Abaddon can ever have the mark of chaos ascendant and no one else! it says so in his rules text

>I'm looking to get into 40K, since the new edition seems like a pretty good starting point. Having trouble deciding on an army though.
Don't decide on an army. Get Dark Imperium and play the units in the box until you're board of them. By then, you'll know how the game works in depth and you can start to choose an army.

Fine. He was a Tau/tripfag named TIDF(Tau Internet Defense Force), then he had to stop using his old name. He gained a new name when the Carnac campaign came out. Since then he's been a plague on the earth.

The way 8th ed is thought out, the idea is that balance changes only require an update of the points page in the back of the book, and the actual unit's datasheet goes unchanged.

Ignore and play whatever army looks cool. Super long story short, this hobby is more about collecting and painting minis than it is about playing the game, and if you don't enjoy the models you're working on you're not gonna have a fun time.

Ignore and do this

>2 Space Marine armies that play exactly the same and arent at all what op wanted
Thats a big investment into models he might not even want

If that's too big an investment then this is the wrong hobby for user

Space Wolves are superhuman space vikings on cyborg wolves who charge into battle howling battlecries and are all about MUH HEROIC SAGA, feasting and kicking as much ass as possible. Can't go wrong.

>good) novel
>time travel shenanigans

And, y'know, having sex with dogs

Not really, I have a decent collection and I'd hate to have spent that much money on 2 armies I dont even want.
Also since when does tg see a new player who has an idea what he wants and say "fuck that buy more space marines"

>space wolves are superwolf space wolves who wolf into battle howling and are all about the words : wolf , frost and fang, yiffing and sticking as much wolves on everything as possible.
fixed that for you

I drink to our glorious Primarch !

>Not really, I have a decent collection and I'd hate to have spent that much money on 2 armies I dont even want.
Then play them you prat

>Also since when does tg see a new player who has an idea what he wants and say "fuck that buy more space marines"
>Muh since when
This isn't your personal hug pile.

That user did say they wanted "heroic space badasses" and to "power trip all over the place." Those are pretty definitively spehss mehreen qualities.

How would you make Dark Eldars good ?

With a fuckhuge delete button

He also wanted to play the unending hordes of humanity, and thats sure as hell not the death guard

Maybe, but there's specific chapters that do it better than straight marines. I mean, Blood Angels, Space Wolves, whatever. For super heroic flavor, Grey Knights, although they've got their problems.

Alright, as an incentive, it's currently displaying how the fight between Abaddon and the Swarmlord would go (sans psychic powers).

Pretty sure that LITERALLY is Death Guard tbhfamicom

Probably stare with stopping all their enslaving and horrible torture sex.

>Can't go wrong
Apparently they can. It's impressive, I agree. It's very difficult to fuck up space vikings and giant wolves. But here we are. GW should be very proud.

are kroot made out of something funky? i just got the tau starter kit all assembled with a liquid cement for plastic, and it worked great, but when trying it with the kroot its acting like im just putting water on it. i looked up the gw site and it says the kroots are plastic kits, so im just wondering whats up. this is my first time building models so i might be making an obvious mistake too, but i have no idea

dumb trapfag

take the knot!

Post what youre working on

Got Gorgutz in the mail and put him together

Guys, can you deliver pic wit ADB saying why MoM is his best book?

>warhammer-community.com/2017/12/15/the-future-of-faqs-and-chapter-approved-dec-15gw-homepage-post-2/
Damage Control: the Blog Post. So, they basically admit they don't actually proof-read/play-test codexes (hence needing an FAQ immediately after release), then they promise to only actually fix shit twice a year, then they reassure us that they still expect us to shell out cash annually for point updates.

I really, really like how wildly different the "beta" rules are in terms of game impact. One is desperately needed to prevent the game from turning into a fucking joke, the other cripples multiple armies while offering no substantive benefit.