Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Best Weapons in the Galaxy - edition

>Previous
>FAQ update
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/15/the-future-of-faqs-and-chapter-approved-dec-15gw-homepage-post-2/

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer Updated for Tyranids? Math-user requests vetting
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-US/Codex-Dark-Angels-hb-2017-ENG
youtube.com/watch?v=weN9m7zmorA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for the 1st

This might make it slightly usable but i mean it already has the D3 to D6 rule.the main issue i find with it is that the gun even being a S8 gun it doesn't hurt anything enough to make its points back.

Third for the III Legion

III Legion best Legion

How balanced between melee & shooting should an effective list be?
How should you use elite heavy melee infantry? They probably need to be supported in order to not just be laughed off the board.

How the fuck do I deal with Tyranids as Grey Knights? I got more blown out than a fucking Stalker game.

Usually you tie up your enemy with chaff and then send in your leet troops to crush them.

GKs can't deal with anything though

For what I saw until now, you either go full melee with a few ranged stuff to snipe some dangerous stuff or you go full ranged with just a bit of melee to defend yourself.

Everything in the middle just doesn't work well enough.

you pretty much need to take allies unless you wanna turtle with LRCs

I don't think what is commonly referred to as a soul in 40k is actually what we understand it to be. Seems more like the more accurate term would be warp presence.

It's certainly not in the Aristotelian way, and it has nothing to do with animation or "life" at all, since """soulless""" people still live their life just the same unless they're metaphysical zombies.

I know ;_; I'm not even having fun playing anymore. My friends want to play games and I just groan at this point.

Our mobility is shit anymore now that you can't Gate characters with our Paladins, our Psychic phase is slightly above average, but a Nid player just shuts us down with a single Stragagem and a WL trait. Our shooting is pretty much limited to Storm Bolters, our melee is still strong, but you have to not die before you get there.
It also doesn't help that half our units are worthless, like Purifiers. We lost an attack, and our nova went to a 3" targeted spell? I'd swear Cruddance had some input on our Codex or something. And allegedly we're getting more nerfs to Psychic phase for casting Smite more than once. I want to die.

>Chaos Daemons Codex come out
>GKs get rekt by Daemons too

Makes me sad reading this. Poor GK's :(

anyone got link to new DA codex?

games-workshop.com/en-US/Codex-Dark-Angels-hb-2017-ENG

How to make money GW way

>Make most of your stock web exclusive
>Make some other items that arent web exclusive harder to buy by not allowing independent retailers to order them.
>Be out of stock on most of your items and produce so little of them , so that when they come back to stock they run out in days.

Spam Land Raiders. Bugs have difficulty with T8, unless they bring a Tyrannofex/OOE.

He likes bringing both of those.
The Tyranofex killed my GMNDK in the first phase of the game tonight.

That's what you get for playing a one-note-army. Hope you had fun during 5th :^)

Fellow Unforgiven. Any tips/tricks on how to get the Deathwing into close combat? Esp with Stormraven and such being a thing?

My friend tried to get an imokhet for 6 months. The GW rep told him they had already sold out of the 4 they produced for the entire US.

Has anyone made their own chapter? Considering making my own 2nd founding chapter with mainly FW Relic stuff.

Pretty sure most people play Ravenwing.

If their souls didn't exist after death you'd be onto something.
But they do.

We've known for months now that GW is having a difficult time producing enough to meet the demand 8th has created.

>building rhino from gauntlet box
>notice they have the razorback roof panel for weapon mount
>remember my old GK landraider crusader gathering dust
>take twin assault cannon from LR to make essentially a free razorback

feels good mang

What do you mean? The """souls""" in the warp? Might aswell be a mirage of their former selves, something simply left behind at their passing.

Is there any lore that proves these """souls""" to be conscious?

Can't really make an army mostly out of relic units. You can only have one relic unit for every other unit in the same battlefield role other than super heavies (and even then just one). I.e. one relic heavy support for every other heavy support.

I'm surprised there's no rampart scalping due to that.

Didn't know there were rules for that. Where are they?

Removing a soul from a person in 40K, kills him/her.

Souls are conscious and in the Warp they are consumed and tortured by daemons. The Warp is filled with countless souls screaming in horror as the they dissolve in the Warp or being feasted on by daemons.

In FW index.

But most of the items that are out of stock arent new releases?

Best weapons are all chain weapons for sure. They are what made 40K different from general sci-fi designs and great weapons to display how grimdark and mad the 40k universe is.

So? They still have to produce more. People aren't only buying new releases.

Yes.

>if its not a brand new kit, GW has an infinite supply of it

Do Necrons dream of electric sheep?

DA Codex still not leaked?

That might as well be their warp presence mirage or whatever being torn apart. A metaphysical zombie, a construct essentially not unlike a virtual copy of their minds.

>Best weapons for fighting in the far future is a lumberjacks tool
Nah m8, meltas are best

when will gw go esports and stream competitive matchplay and tournaments on twitch

Hopefully never.
Watching people roll dice is the most tedious part of wh40k so why would you watch it when you aren't even playing

Wheres the WD leaks

>implying they want to interact with their customers directly, rather than make money and sponsor other people to do it

Nope. I'm here aswell waiting as a dumbfuck.

From thread yesterday:

"The DA codex download in the GW digital site wasn't switched on. Nobody can download the codex and its the fucking holidays so no one is getting the codex until Monday"

Who can say that is not a "soul"? I mean, souls are imaginary from the start.

>playing the game is the tedious part of wh40k

Fucking GW

People who want the DA Codex. Any particular part you want? Im busy today but can scan in a page or two.

It relates to philosophy of the mind and consciousness mostly. 40k is certainly based on something, even if the writers don't have any idea of what they're dealing with.

I take it you're not that well read on the subject

unit costs, and deathwing knights my good man

Lore Page user, Anything new or important

Can you scan pages with timeline and fluff?

which god they're aligned to?

I guess. I'm a bit ignorant of the lore, and I can't care too much about canon. GW has fucked the lore so many times (what I've heard anyway) so I'll just take it in stride and try to make sense of it.

Point costs please. A picture will do really.

No, I've not read most of the Chaos books where this is handled in grimdarky grimdarkness. Seems pretty bullshit though if chaos followers have their """souls""" merge eternally with their immortal gods, while everyone else gets tortured and killed by demons.

Spoiler: Its this guy

Unit Costs and Wargear costs would be awesome btw.

There's lots of Imperial and Eldar related lore on the subject, its not a Chaos only thing

>Total casual fag
>want to get into competitive play
>want to use a heresy themed army

Tell me Veeky Forums. What HQ's can I run and keep the 30k theme in my army?

Doesn't the Eldar 'Death God' absorb a lot of souls in the Gathering storm novels?

Peeps can wear cataphractii armour & heresy era power armour is just power armour, lots of 30k FW stuff is out there as well
Really the only thing you're missing is volkite weaponry

lol I had the same erika! moment too when I dug up my old rhino, assault cannons are great too

Everything in 40k except mkVII/VIII armour and Primaris stuff was around during the Heresy.

Well, you actually get a single Volkite charger on the Catas. For whatever fucking reason, the charger went from assault to heavy.

>erika! moment
This is a joke, right?

Imperial lore tends to be shifty and unclear, as it perhaps should be when it comes to such things. Especially when dealing with faith and what effect it might have.

As for the Eldar it seems to be a special case where they created Slaanesh, and it's mostly her that they lose their souls to. (Which is their own fault but that's not relevant to the discussion.)

The Eldar also seem to have stronger "souls", with a higher consciousness in general. It could be that human "souls" are a remnant with limited consciousness, much like a dreamlike half-life whereas the Eldar leave a near perfect "soul" with full clarity.

I wish Volkite would get a rule or stratagem back to represent it better. Death Lasers that ignite you so hard your buddy dies from it are awesome. Also, I want to field my fucking Glaive in 40k again.

>30k centurions

Fair point. I try to forget about centurions.

I'm sure you know but betrayal at calth has your pic as a terminator captain (or sorcerer with minor conversion) and a dark apostle/chaplain.

Ive been playing nids in a slow grow group and I've atm im about 50/50 between shooting and melee. We are at 500 points

20 gargs
20 termagants
1 flyrant(claws + guns)
1 carnifex (scyth talons)

deep strike gargs and tyrant then onslaught the carnifex to charge. Could swap to 1 gun on carnifex as well, but its cheaper without. It hits a sweet spot between swarm/monsters as well.

>My entire 2k Deathwatch list has like 30 dudes max
Fuck my life

Are you running 3 Corvus Blackstars?

>My entire 2k Deathwatch list has like 30 dudes max

But that's 30 really good dudes, right?....right?

> erika! moment

Is this a new meme, what does it mean?

Is this a good admech strategy anons;
get a full unit of plain vanguard w/ data tether and an optional pistol
use protector doctrina imperatives to make every single shot hit
Combine with metallica to get 7-12" moving vanguard sending out 30 shots per turn for 1 CP
combine with mars to get on average 5 mortals
I think it's good but I don't play competitive so I need to get some feedback on it

>erika! moment

youtube.com/watch?v=weN9m7zmorA

just 1 and an assback
yeah, they are pretty good I guess.

full list is
captain, jump-pack TH+SS
culexus
10man killteam, 4 bolter+SS, 2 terminators powersword+ACs, 4 fragcannons
5man killteam, shotguns+chainswords
Vanguard vets, plasma pistols+chainswords
2 venerable Dreadnoughts, twin-lascannons+DCCW+SB
10 hellblasters
Corvus Blackstar, twin AC,auspex,MLs,Hurricane
Razorback, twin AC

Well firstly you can't combine Mars and Metalica for one thing.

Secondly why the fuck would you use a pistol if your plan was either to advance and shoot or use the wrath of mars stratagem since a pistol is shit for both of those things.

Third there's not much reason for the edt since you don't really benefit from the +2 to hit on the the vanguard unless you have some penalty to hit.

Vanguard aren't a terrible choice for wrath of mars but you're better off using robits.

Well it's a bit of that, and a bit of shitty British infrastructure.

They have 8 machines ready to go but because of grid issues they can only run 5 at once.

>He doesn't have FW doors and hatches on his vehicles

You generally get maybe one or two turns of use out of the Metalica domga and it's a waste of a protector protocol to use it on a naked vanguard squad. At least load em up on plasma and overcharge them.

Talons player here, love playing with my golden boys. Always fun seeing people play against them for the first time and realize what three squads slamming into their gun line means.

Also hoping their new HQ isnt shit.

Beautiful

But I do

>As for the Eldar it seems to be a special case where they created Slaanesh, and it's mostly her that they lose their souls to. (Which is their own fault but that's not relevant to the discussion.)

Dumbass, the Eldar lore says that most human souls cannot survive in the Warp. They dissolve in there and we have seen examples of this in the novels. Eye witness accounts of those who entered the Warp seeing the trillions upon trillions of human souls being consumed by the Warp.

Only those sworn to him.

I love my Custodes but they're really dissapointing in 40k. Their costs are way too high for their effectiveness. (They're glorified Termies at this point without deepstrike.) It doesn't help that units like the Venerable Contemptor suck.

Hopefully the HQ will actually be good, yes. Not sure how they're going to make the HQ useful when they can't fit in any of the transports also.

I want SoS to be playable

am i wrong?

Consumed by the warp in a literal sense, where they are instantly destroyed by demons?

How can you even trust such visions though, I mean it is the warp after all. It might simply be the play of daemons.

Probably gonna have to footslog him, but here were rumors about a codex recently.

Plus there has been a fair bit of Talons of the Emperor stuff from Black Library recently, suggesting that they are gonna get more support from GW considering we are getting a HQ... .

Of particular note, in the recent novel Watchers of the Throne, they go out of the way to mention certain pieces of custodes gear, excluding current models, they mention the new HQ a great deal, their gladus-contemptor dreadnaughts and terminators. I could be just getting hopeful, but could suggest what we may see in the future for them.

They absolutely shit on psykers (even moreso now) and you can even use their rhinos as LoS blockers to enable charging without being overwatched

The new HQ lore-wise is an asshole who fucked over the Imperium in Watchers.

They should have brought out Navradaran instead.

Fingers crossed, user.

Alright anons, how do we fix elite infantry?

Hard mode: no deepstrikes.

I meant it as two different versions of the it, not having two forge worlds in the same detachment

First point values page