Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1945: Axis Abated Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Jurassic park genetic engineering explicitly forbids cloning supernatural traits. What would allow someone to do this?

Jumpers, what is your opinion on bullying?

inb4 "the weak should fear the strong"

you should only do it to actual Bullies to show them how it feels and decent folk who get off on it to reward them for being decent folk.

You have no idea how to tell the difference.

Magic and presumably a lot of it to imbue those traits or supernatural genetics like the x-gene. I doubt you would have much luck trying to clone a supernatural vampire or demon using biological means in any case.

The weak should fear the strong!

Some people need BEFRIENDING!

Teasing is okay so long as it's in a context where everyone involved knows each others' limits. You know, the friendly sort of bullying like us joking about Heavens destroying moons. Otherwise, it's a pretty shitty thing to do, and minimizing it is typically part of the social engineering I inevitably wind up doing in jumps these days.

Bullies to be firmly educated on the idiocy of wasting time making unnecessary enemies and moral conduct.

What kind of magic allows this, and where do I get it?

>Implying that nazis didn't actually win WW2

Who said anything about WW2? The thread title is clearly about Gundam.

>firmly educated on the idiocy of wasting time making unnecessary enemies
This right here is the appropriate answer. Let's face it, trying to use morality to get through to people has already failed if they're bullying - nobody's going to suddenly go "Oh, wow! This was wrong?! I had no idea!"
Put it in terms that make sense, like "the person you bully today might have a shotgun tomorrow."

Then give the kid an actual shotgun so the bully takes it seriously.

>Do like Worm and have bullied people get a chance to get super-powers

Well also that other people don't like bullying in general and setting a precedent where a tough guy can do what they like isn't smart. You never know when a tougher person will come along and the power plays, dominance games and cycles of revenge are just a waste of everybody's time and resources.

How do the power levels in DYN Freaks (excluding the scenario) compare to Dies Irae?

>setting a precedent where a tough guy can do what they like isn't smart
Well, as a jumper who tends towards the tyrannical, that precedent is already set. I use the lesson that the time of those under me is also my time and wasting my time is... unwise.

Well the assumption that the powerful can get away with mistreating the less powerful. Historically the less powerful will eventually wise up, band together and wreck your shit. This doesn't apply much on the chain itself but once you are let loose on the wider multiverse it is practically a guarantee you will run into a bigger fish at some point.

Difficult to compare, both deal woth infinitely infinite forces which can deal out conetual. material and metaphysical damage on a scale that renders space and time irrelevant. Except when they want it to be. I WILL say that insofar as it matters, Dies Irae powers are "more" conceptual in the sense that they're tangentially related to the user's beliefs rather than expressions of embodying aspects of reality. Also more hhumanistic as a consequence, since the forces driving them are humanly recognisable concepts like the Longinus spear rather than the eldritch dreams of Azathoth.

Thanks.

Wow, I'm drunker than I thought to type that badly.

To add, the most powerful thing in DI is a destroyer capable of defeating all it's rival except the one whose power specifically hard counters it when it was also weakened because it happened to be the only Hadou God who doesn't gain power from absorbing souls (maybe because his Law is that he really wants to be alone). But the most original powerful thing in DI was Azathoth. who supported the existence of all the other infinitely infinite Outer Gods and pre-EGD Demonbane. And then a more powerful Demonbane came along and destroyed most of Azathoth. .

Is there a jump other than Young Justice where I can get an anti mind reading perk? Would "I Am" from JLD work?

It's a regrettable thing that happens. If I can interfere with it on the whole, stopping it across the whole society, great. If I can't, what's to be done? Save one while others languish in terror and despair?

I thought I could use it to sell my enforcer droids to schools, but they didn't like them for some reason.

Serious question, what program did you use to edit/make that gif?

Hey Val, does Abyssal Growth from The Weakness of Beatrice base the XP gained on your Beatrice level or your overall power level?

Overall power.

Thanks.

I dont know of any exactly like it but I think dyn freaks has one that drives people trying to read your mind crazy.
And psychonauts has a perk to make another you for every jump inside your head to gang up on and beat up anyone who tries to get into your head

/jc/, why does the combination of dark skin and animal ears do things to my brain.

Which things, can you provide a example of this animal eared person.

Because you have a repressed traumatic memory involving a black cat.

Is this good enough user

It's because you're trash. Like everyone else.

well there's quite a few examples, but EXHIBIT A: Queen of Sheba

and yeah this one too. Eh. For some reason fake ears don't do it for me. Has to be at least feasibly real for some reason.

>Eh. For some reason fake ears don't do it for me. Has to be at least feasibly real for some reason.

So you mean like this?

What are some good perks for protagonist-style "come up with strategies for overcoming powers in the middle of a fight?"

Y-yes.

Yes, exactly that.

Was this a doujin plot.

It feels like it is.

Because that's the exact same plot as another popular doujin only it features a moth instead of a cat

It's a MIA doujin isn't it?

Tell me about your number one fans.

Me? Have fans? You're joking, right?

>It's a MIA doujin isn't it?

Could be, I read it but never remembered the name because it wasn't that interesting to me.

I guess Yandachi and the other ones that follow me.

>spoiler

oh god damn it I know exactly which moth you're talking about

oddly enough that doujin was just REALLY disjointed to read. Kinda drained everything else from it.

How do you 2D jumpers manifest into 3D reality?

Is there a way to say hi at higher dimensional friendos?

How do you introduce your children into your job?

Who made the SCP Jump?

His hair must smell like freshly baked bread

There's a good one in Mistborn.

Bleach has one.

Jumpers, is there any reason to not be a Tyranid?

I'm on a diet.

Not wanting to be a hive mind. Or a bug. Really, it's a matter of personal taste.

What would you say is the earliest you can take on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, assuming you're in a timeline you know?

do you like having sensation in your genitals? Tyranids are not only Eusocial But only the norn Queens actually have working genitals

Not everything is about sex, Tera

I have OCD

Exactly like this.
Hey there. Friend.

You'd think otherwise given how often the sodding topic comes up in thread.

I use toys of my tools then do something really cool to get them interested

First jump. It's not necessarily safe, but it's also not unwinnable.
A lot of it also depends on your interpretation - if you fanwank yourself as the protagonist it's a lot more dangerous than if you're just some other pokemon and the protagonist will take care of things if you don't interfere.

If you want to be safe it obviously depends not on the number of jumps but what jumps you took before.
20 jumps worth of slice of life won't meaningfully affect your survivability, but a single high-power jump will make it near impossible to die.

Yeah but most people dont want to fuck nids

Okay but
bear with me

There's a lot to experiment with.

do you like Not being hungry? You can't really fill up if you're constantly vomiting biomass into giant Storage creatures.

Do you like not being Shot? Tyranids are generally Get shot at by everyone, even more so than 40 K usually has people shot at.

Do you like having people to talk to? Tyranids are a hive mind.

How do we solve the fleshlet problem?

The doc text seems to imply that I'm the protagonist, and right now the plan is that I've only got Pokemon Trainer (Drop-In w/Champ) and Pokemon Conquest before this. I need to do Magical Journey after (scenario) and then Sun & Moon (where I'm planning to finally use my 3 Master Balls) when that comes out, but I want to do the Pokemon jumps all together.

on the topic of Tyranids, how bad of an idea would ot be for Jumper's fist jump to be Tyranids, after being a completely average human their entire pre-chain life, before being thrown into a universe where you are a bugmonster that is a hivemind species where everything wants to kill you?

I assume it isn't good for the psyche, especially from the fact that the hivemind is constantly pushing Jumper to become one with the swarm and lose all individuality.

Nothing can go wrong, right?

feels like it'd just become a generic vore-chain after enough exposure.

Well, after the Pokemon Trainer jump you have 6 companions in addition to your partner, and if you took Champ in the Making they're probably pretty damn tough ones.
So i'd say PMD is pretty doable.

It implies it yea, but its only an implication. Jumpchain is your story, if a jump tries to force you into a specific path you could easily just ignore that.

It'd be fine honestly. The jump says you become something more akin to the Norn Queens or Swarmlords in that you retain your individuality. You could spend the entire jump debating genetics with beings whose knowledge in that topic totally eclipses our own by a near indescribable margin. You'd also go with a number of novel ideas which they might not have considered and if you know anything about 40K you'd also have good locations for where to get new genes (Catachan). All in all you could also just spend the entire jump heading towards another system, Nid FTL is slow as fuck and only uses gravity.

Pic related.

Flip! from Super Mario.

Also, I realise I'm like two threads late, but sue me for not checking the thread often. Really happy you're doing an Underdark jump, Yoro. It's looking really good so far.

Really interested to see your take on a D&D jump in the perks/items. Will you be including stuff like Illithid grafts and Earth Nodes?

>with the most expensive stuff topping out at 600 CP. (Vampires
...Vampires are only a +2 template though? Even going Vampire Lord only adds a +3 to that, and I get the impression that's not what we'd be getting.

Seems like the base human version should be free, and the price to tack it onto another race significantly below the +500 you mentioned.

>56965779
Anyway, undead aside, any chance of adding Tsochar (to have most of the major Aberrations) and Half-Farspawn (as an upgrade) to the list as options?

whats good?

thanks

>I use toys of my tools then do something really cool to get them interested
what usually gets them going?

Yeah, that is what I did with my build: a Swarmlord with a Trygon lower body, a heavy venom cannon, and powerful psionics

Kings avatar
Veteran pro
19 yo male
Speak mandarin like a mandarin free
L2p free
Do it with style 900
Do you even control 700
Awesome at analysis 400

Items
Account cards x200 blanks free

Cp to gp 650 -> 26 gp (-250)
Account card Alpha 31 gp
• Tenth server -300
• High level heavenly domain (30)
• 5000 skill points -notablex7 (16)
• No guild
• Excorcist
• Silver grade scythe 12

Account card Beta 17
• 9th server
• High heavenly domain 16
• 5000 skill points -notablex7 (2)
• No guild
• Warlock
• Purple grade staff 0
Drawbacks
Chat gossip fodder -100
Camera shy 0

Gonna buy the internet cafe and up everyones pay. Then walk in, grab a computer, and never leave. Will probably bring my own comp, decked out in all its orokin beauty.

On the chance I do leave it will probably be to run my magic wespons and potion shop. Its a fun diversion in a magicless world.

How powerful would the golden army make you in Forgotten Realms? Would it be sufficient to take on an Underdark faction?

What golden army? The Hellboy one? Probably not, as long as they have spellcasters to stop your regenerating golems. Martials would fuck up your army too (they're honestly not impressive against anything but basic human with primitive weapons), but they'd just auto-repair.

By not falling for the transhumanist meme.

Doesnt dnd have disentigration spells? Wouldnt that alone fuck the golden army right up?

Yeah but they would butcher the soldiers of the armies, casters and proper PC level martials might be a problem but the armies would be out matched and the elites would be facing a non scrub horde enemy.

Yes, a there is a high level spell that can kill them one at a time. probably. Until they respawn in jumper's warehouse.

Well there is the issue of there being 70 * 70 of the fuckers.

4,900 is a pretty big army by medieval fantasy standards.

Is there any faction in FR with enough wizards to cast disintegrate 4,900 times in one battle?

Isnt cloud of disentigration a 6th level spell?

Yup. And various other things, like turning your enemies into glass sculptures, doing less destructive things like boxing them in with Walls of Force, or even turning a golem like the golden army into a living being.

There's a wide variety of spells that can fuck up their day.

You mean a scrub horde army. The only advantage the things have is regenerating.

Sure, they'd slaughter the soldiers, but that's... not exactly impressive when most of the soldiers are low-level scrubs? I mean, a single "elite" could probably do that on his own, it'd just take a while.

There are perks to make it so you don't need food and other perks to give you unlimited food.

Thats fair.

>Isnt cloud of disentigration a 6th level spell?
Nope, that's regular disintegrate. They need a 6th level spell for each one.

Harry potter magic can make as much food as you ever need.

Wait, I thought "making food" was one of the things that was explicitly stated to be impossible?

I feel like mages would probably be best off either summoning something to kill them or openening a portal and dropping the army into it.

>Two threads too late
No worries. I miss threads all the time. I probably would have missed this one if I hadn't stopped to peek in before heading off to work.

I'm planning to include Illithid grafts as a park and a portable Earth Node on a pendant as an item. Along with a whole host of Earth Node related abilities as perks. Like cultivation, detection, that kind of thing.

Vampires are only a +2 to CR, but a +5/+8 to Level Adjustment depending on which book you use. Vampires were just an example I grabbed in any case. I set them high on my temporary list so that when I get to them, I'll have built the less powerful races and I'll have a better idea where to place them.

Tsochar and Half-Farspawn, from what I can see, don't really have much to do with the Underdark specifically. I'm trying to keep the Race list from bloating up much farther by limiting it to those who have a major presence, or other good reason, for being included.

It really depends on who you choose to attack more than it does what race they are. There's a town of Earth Genasi and elementals of all kinds in the Lower Underdark that's run by three Level 35ish spellcasters, along with pretty much all their visitors being beefy earth elementals. Or the Drow Captial City has a standing army of roughly 3,000 warriors and warrior-mages. Along with all the priestesses of Lolth. I can't imagine things would go well if you attempted to take either of them on.

On the other hand, there's plenty of smaller settlements that wouldn't stand a chance due to sheer numbers. They would likely be especially effective against Mind Flayers due to them not having a brain to hijack. Even the smaller Drow settlements couldn't call up enough numbers to do more than mount a stalling action.

Pick your targets and you'll do quite well. Pick a poor one and you'll likely end up running away with half your army destroyed.

While it technically cannot make food, it can multiply and enlarge any food you already have. 1 apple cannot be created but if you already have 1 apple you can copy and make apples all damn day long. Or make giant apples.

>three Level 35ish spellcasters
Holy hell why dont they controll more than 1 town!?

To add to You can outright create liquids, of which sauces and gravy are legit able to be created whole slae.

Hey Val, is Concept Ball a canon ability in Medaka Box? Wondering if I'll be facing anyone who has it too.

user, here's the thing.

People in an actual setting are not Min-Maxing Tabletop RPG Players. Half the things people suggest in this thread likely wouldn't cross one of their minds except as either a Eureka moment, or 20/20 hindsight.

Because they really don't want to. That's essentially it. They're content to host elementals from the Plane of Earth, given them an introduction to the Material Plane, and essentially run a vacation resort for earth elementals.