Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Combat Cards X-Treme Warriors Neo Force Go! Z Edition

>Previous
>duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=zmHSgrvSYXo&t=0s

>FAQ update
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/15/the-future-of-faqs-and-chapter-approved-dec-15gw-homepage-post-2/

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer Updated for Tyranids? Math-user requests vetting
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

1st for NANI?!

3rd for I wish people writing lore gave half a shit about Xenos except as an accessory to the Imperium vs Chaos conflict.

actually 3rd for tau codex when?

4th for cry more xenos scum

Death Korps best Korps !

BFTBG

Lot's of books focusing on just Eldar recently, it's any noneldar! Xeno race that are truly neglected. I mean it's been 120 years and nothing has really happened on Octarius or Armageddon.

Losing my virginity any tips?

That's where you're wrong, m80.

Don't stroke her dick too much, can be a big turn off for them.

Two thin coats.

Be open and communicate. Clean your butt and benis

This. I play Imperium armies, and I like Imperium vs Xenosscenarios better than Imperium vs Chaos ones. I wish they had more time in the limelight.

Don't do it, then you'll never acquire fearsome wizard powers

What do y'all transport/store your minis in? I'm not about to play any time soon but I'm worried about sun damage.

nth for Lizardmen are awesome. Do it user.

Belakor pls go

Its all in the wrist

im keeping my virginity to fight Slaneesh. ya thats it.

Only suck her dick if either catching or going to reciprocate.

>people still dislike based Bobby G

pretty lame desu

I'm not a fan of Ultras at all but at least Rob is pretty entertaining to read about

this mainly

What's a weopon that hits like a dreadnaught but attacks 12 times?

spray some ardcoat on when you're finished

Lizardmen are no more, just some light daemons.

I expect primaris rules aren't great because they still want to sell off the marinelet stock for a while to cover development costs for things like calth and deathwatch over the previous few years. Once the squat is done expect primaris rules effectiveness to be upped significantly along with new replacement primaris versions of things.

Seems reasonably pointless to me but oh well.

actually dont mind the standard primaris, the jetpack ones, tanks and reivers look goofy to me however. The repulsor reminded me of the car homer simpson designed, with ALL THE STUFF stuck on.

Maybe in the future they will do a better job. Personally I don't see the point of collecting manlets anymore when you can clearly see GW upscaling both space marines and chaos marines [look at death guard and t.sons]

Hey ingot one of those.

No fucking clue how i stored them though, took them out and some how was missing half an army of spaces when I put them back.

>Imperium is losing
>Bobby G arives and saves the day
>place where he arived is now better
It's boring to read about him.

Plastic containers seperated with cardboard and stuffed with cotton balls. Sure, you have occasional bits of fluff to remove, but it's pretty darned safe.

You are now the fluff representation of the last model you painted and in your current place. What do?

>ork nob
paint skin white, become world weight lifting champ, or alternatively go to syria and become a warlord.

how do I put a power claw on this faggot? any recs?

Problem is I only really like the big shit. Thats kinda why I'm not so sure about AOS. I love the look of the medium-bigger models, but most armies battleline units just dont do anything for me.
I cant imagine having to paint 20+ Saurus Warriors, it would drive me insane.

Black Templare Crusaders, on the other hand...boii, do those dudes look sick.

Maybe I just have bad taste tho.

File off enough of the back part of it to slip between the gauntlet and the fingers?

>poxwalker

Huh... I don't know

> expect primaris rules effectiveness to be upped significantly

Nah, they'll just make manlets more and more overcosted. Its actually more efficient for the starter army to be middle of the road, so competitive people go buy another army.

>imperial guard sergeant
I'm much more fit, at least

cult off the fingers, replace with lightning claws.

Oh no. Its not just you, as much as I adore my elites and HQs, if I have to paint another Necron warriors as long as I live im going to scream

templars are cool. That is not bad taste.

>legion of the damned biker

Become ghost rider

touche.
Either or however you know the fix is in.

I collect tyranids and GSC now and only have a few leftover marines on the side for painting projects. No point collecting something en masse when you know they are going to be squatted.

And we all know what will happen.

>he doesn't play an army with troops he loves to paint

Hue

Cut off hand, attach Nob PK.

Hey guys i have a question. I wanna hop on the GSC train with the battleforce box. Maybe even with two of them but is there any reason i would want 2 of these guys? are they like special characters?
Sorry i dont have the rules on hand, im only into AoS so far

A few ideas
>cut off the sword arm and replace it outright. Will probably require pinning.
>cut off the bolter and stick the claws over the top of the power first

Anyway to tone down the shine on a glaize?

its definitely sad what will happen to manlets in the coming millenium

Does Steel Rain involve specifically drop pods or are teleportations and assault marine drops allowed too?

Guard fags report in. What doctrine do you use and why?

I've used Catachan every game since the codex dropped, because I like punching people and Battle Cannons. However, I've started to think about the theme of my army and wondered if Valhallan might be a better choice. As much as I try to punch with my infantry, Bullgryn and Crusaders do all the lifting in melee, so I thought I might just go with Valhallan to go along with my theme better. I will miss all the Catachan buffs, but I guess Valhallan Tank Commanders will be really good. Not sure how the infantry buffs will be for them.

I love Necron Warriors, but I have painted 100 of them Im so sick of doing it. I have much more fun painting my Lychguard and Praetorians.

You may want 2 in your list, its optional really.

Its good to have 2 Primuses IMO.

>need to start collecting BTs intensifies
AAAAAAAHH
What does a good BT list look like anyway? A-asking f-for a friend.

We have reserves.

Matte varnish

They are the HQ units. You don't need more than one when you're first starting. Get the Battleforce, a Leman Russ maybe another box or 2 of the Cadian Hybrids.

Cadian because those are the models I bought, I painted them in generic cadian scheme too with only small alterations.

In retrospect I wish I was more creative but 100 or so infantry and 6 tanks in its too late to go repaint them...

after it's down? matte varnish or lahmian medium. of course, the question becomes why would you use a glaze in the first place if you didn't want it to shine

Why did they decided to not sell the heavy weapons guys and the champions separately?

I know your pain user, I lost my old Lemann Russ and to this day Im mad about this

None, since Kriegers can't have any.

Play a fluffy list built around a Land Raider Crusader filled with a big Crusader Squad and some choppy HQs. The BT chapter tactic (rerolling failed charge rolls) is very good for deep-striking termies.

How do you lose a tank ?

kinda off-topic but is this worth getting? It looks fun to me as I played Space Marine and had a blast with that, but the community looks fucking dead unfortunately

Not that guy but I was painting latex on some lady butts and I used hardcoat and then matte varnish to give it a dull shine.

I don't know ask this guy.

Good Afternoon Anons. What are you planning on painting today?

So do we.

They layer effect looks cool.

It's an okay team shooter with a 40k skin. Unfortunately the game has boiled down to HH. Lsm/Csm only, most of the time.

They are not special characters. Despite the lore dictating that there shoul be only one, you can take as many as you want of each.

I hear you. I did basic Cadian scheme for 4 tanks and 40 guys but I stripped and went back. It was a nightmare of effort for me. Would not do again.

I've considered Cadian too. Their doctrine is really comfy and makes infantry squads a strong threat.

Why did they never release the GSC Abberants outside of Deathwatch Overkill?

They're lazy and have the attention span of a goldfish, that's why.

Goddamn what I would do to be able to have an easy source of stubbers for conversions

so this is the best models GW has to offer for Guard?

I feel like I saw some crazy fucking models before that were waaaayyy better, but I can't remember, must have been conversions

best cadian scheme

So I'm just getting into the hobby and a new store has opened near me, I'm going to their grand opening and I'll qualify to purchase the limited, only available at new stores on the day they open, plastic Terminator Chaplain (pic related). It's $25 but I already picked an army and it's not space marines, should I still bother buying it since it's special? Think it'll sell down the line if I decide I really don't want it?

I STILL HAVE TO DROP EVERY SINGLE MINI IN ISOPROPYLIC ALCOHOL BECAUSE IM A HUGE FAGGOT AND I DIDN'T LIKE HOW I PAINTED THEM THE FIRST WAY AROUND.
FUCK.

these kasrkins?

Yes, buy it anyway.

They really should release some legacy models in with this design.

Well damn user :(
I am so sorry

Yes, buy it, but dont build/paint/open it if you dont play SM.
That model sells for a ton on ebay. Moreso if he's fresh out of the box.

It's not bad, but I think you're better off just going with like, 3 Start Collectings. The current Battleforce is nice because it gives you Ogryn/Bullgryn which can go in the Chimera nicely. Still not great.

2nd ed is not coming back

What ever happened to decals?

>Show this guy in the GK codex
>He's still not available for purchase

why

Are there specific kits/bits you need to denote a Tank Commander, or can you just use the Russ straight out of the SC box for it?

Even Eldar are the first among losers. The God of the Dead was born, arguably the most important cosmological event in 40k since the Emperor's interment if not the birth of Slaanesh, and all the real impact it had was bringing back one of the Emperor's 9 loyal sons, which has been the focal point of most 41k lore.

does this guy see play in mechanicus lists? only ever seen him with Guard players

Hey, does anybody have a good recipe for a dark-ish and preferably non-metallic grey for a variant Iron Warriors scheme? I was considering adding some blood red and black in to spice up their scheme, but working on large surfaces with metallics is kind of a pain and I prefer the dark iron look to the old school bright silver and hazard stripes. I was thinking something like the pre-heresy Space Wolves, but maybe a bit lighter.

They said the same thing about Rogue Trader and yet here we are.

what's a good loadout for a DE Archon?

Am I a bad person because I like the idea of the Slanni getting a tabletop appearance?

I still have my Lizardmen from the old WFB days somewhere. God I miss that world.

Why can't megabosses take attack squigs? Even bikerbosses can, somehow.

>reminder that GW replaced this sculpt with lanky Nosferatelf