Age of the Last Sigmar

>Guys, we need to sell moar stuff, my kids need to be fed!
>Alright, we'll introduce new shit into our setting then. Those idiotic nerds eat up any of our slobber anyway.
>B-But there's a lot of cool stuff in our setting already that those fat neckbeards are attached to! How do we create room for our new and better(tm) heroes and stories?
>No problem, we'll just take a piss on the old guard to destroy its myth, that will surely help us create a new myth and boost sales!
These brainlets will never learn, Veeky Forums. After Age of Sigmar and The Last Jedi (and, arguably, Marvel Comics), who's next in trying to pull off this stupidity?
Place your brand mismanagement bets here.

>inb4 AoS is actually good and not an abomination of a wargame

MtG.

So you are saying is, they take a piss on old idiots to attract new idiots?

Did you get banned from /tv/ for not bane posting?

They'll dry established brands until it becomes so worthless that nobody is willing to pay for it.
That's how they operate

Careful. Any criticism of MtG is /pol. The game is literally perfect and everything is fine, dissent is Nazism.

Worst thing is that is actually works.

AoS sells better than Warhammer Fantasy. The sales aren’t nothting to jerk off to if you are GW shareholder, but they are good enough to keep the line alive.

It sells because it's easier to purchase and more stuff to purchase.

Fantasy was a self fulfilling prophecy. It sold like shit because they made buying for it shit.

>Worst thing is that is actually works
Yup. Just enough for these parasitic middle management types to go to their trust fund bosses and say 'look what I did, give me a raise' and get one. Then when the product quality continues to tank they'll organize political infighting in their own dwindling fanbase.

How the FUCK do these companies never think to put a nerd in charge of the nerd stuff?

Because nerds are stupid enough to buy them. Never go full retard

There is only so long you can make a business out of insulting your customers. When it comes to the rules of acquisition "buyer beware" conflicts with "never insult the money."

Again, consumers are stupid enough to buy them. It's not really insulting the customer if the customer are masochistic sluts

>being this salty.

>Fuck quality! Some of our customers eat garbage so this is a good long term strategy for a healthy and profitable business.

I'm glad you're not in charge of WotC. At least I hope you're not. I know they've been posting here recently and getting buttflustered.

Stop making threads about this shit, holy fuck. You're so fucking whiny.

At least he cares.

It's been working for Chinese manufacturing for years.

PR matters the most. The level of quality is always third tier priority

Caring about stupid shit. If that's a win for you, go ahead, take it.

True but quality factors in to PR long term. Age of Sigmar, for example, would have had good pr from the start if it had been a good game and didn't require a 24/7 internet defense force.

Word of mouth is your real PR you fucking corporate shits.

AoS is a better game than fantasy. Grognards really need to leave.

well, have you ever seen a game store run by a nerd?
truly awful. business is bad. store is unkempt. owner just invites his friends over and plays dnd while hoping customers wander in and buy something.

Hahahahaha explain.

Again, PR.

8th ed 40k came as a mess but actual communication from the company and swift works and faqs have eased lot of the bad press. Also release of new and existing piece updates to simultaneously please the new people and the old guard. Blood Bowl was their best game quality wise but the lack of update and PR killed any new hype for it.

PR, what you are trying to convey is way more important than what you are actually doing.

How are you all holding up? Things haven’t been the same for me since the day GW spec ops broke into my house, smashed all my old models, burned my rulebooks and wiped my headcanons of Warhammer fantasy. I thought it was over, until a man dressed as a sigmarine bent me over a table and ravaged my asshole as my mates watched in terror for hours on end until we all agreed to never speak of WHFB again and that we accepted everything was all age of sigmar now. I’m risking my life just posting in here. So I want to know, how are you all still discussing fantasy when GW took it all away?

> wasting this much effort on failing to be funny.

>why don't you put the awkward racist/sexist in charge of something?
Because that means dealing with people and when you hate 99% of the population, that's a difficult job.

That's an extremely mean-spirited and hostile strawman argument. Do you work directly for Games Workshop?

Because nerds suck at selling shit. Big fucking time, because nerds have jack-all business acumen.
It sells because it's far easier to manage than WFB. Smaller units, less units per side.

>gamers are dead and you don't need to appeal to them
>fails to pass tutorials
Is this you?

>nerds have jack-all business acumen.
Hahahaha fuck off middle management goon. It's your fault whichever shitty company you work for is dying.

Don't worry guys, Age of Shitmar is going back to grim derp like every wants! :DDDDDDD

>
Pretty good. Just remember that if you ever use your dryads outside of cover they will die very fast. And that dryads don't really deal too much damage against elite models, but against hordes they are decent. Imo one kurnoth bow unit isn't enough, but if you use arcane bolt against the unit you are shooting you start to deal enough damage. Don't never, ever, send your treelord against mortal wound melee units

Thank goodness! Because that was the problem with AoS. :^)

He's right though. There are almost zero successful nerd-managed companies. Anything that does start to be successful is purchased by someone else before it tanks.

Running a business requires actually, you know, running the business. If you think that "middle management" types are actually running the IP, you're an idiot. Nerds still write the fluff, they just aren't in charge of business decisions because if they were the company would be kickstarter vaporware. Basically the only thing you can blame middle management and IP lawyers for is the ridiculous name syndrome in AoS, but the Bloodgore Bloodsplatter Stabblood Gorebloods aren't the real problem.

>Nerds still write the fluff
Bullshit. And the argument is that nerds should do the nerd stuff, not run every single detail. And you're really, really doubling down on nerd stereotypes. It's not really an argument. A lot of huge nerds are quite social and proficient.

>muh black lesbian cardboard art

>/pol/ is bad
>Nazis are bad
wew lad