Amazon tribes

I am looking for inspiration for the amazon tribe I want to include in my setting.
They are desert dwellers living around an oasis and hunt mosters for basic ressorces.
Also, amazon general I guess

Put some armour in them. No one fights naked.
Make them huge and muscled.

>No one fights naked.
Ignore this man, make them only fight naked or in the skimpiest armour possible

Do you want like the pseudo-historical Amazons people sometimes imagine or are mythic ones OK?

highway nomads / merchants in post-apo game
they have knack for selling pretty much anything

mythic ones are a-ok. Some pseudo-historical stuff is alright too though
Its a fantasy setting, but that is also fitting for me.
They kill stuff and sell stuff to visitors.

This man knows whats up

I should also mention that they are more tribal in nature

OK so if you wanted to take heavy inspiration from myths:
>The original Amazons were daughters of the God of War. Some of them are still alive. The divine blood within the Amazons makes them mightier than normal humans.

>They prize the God of War and the Goddess of Hunting and the Wilderness above all other deities. The Amazons live in the wilderness. They're not at all afraid of monsters - in fact their warriors wear armor made from the scales and hides of monsters - but the undead make them uneasy.

>While most Amazons live in small settlements in the wilderness, not all of them do. The nearest city was once razed by the Amazons in a war and then resettled by them and their captives as part of a peace treaty. A group of Amazons who were defeated in battle and escaped became part of a tribe of horse nomads in a neighboring country. If you were to go to war with the Amazons, they might be able to call on aid from these groups.

>No men are allowed to live in the territory of the wilderness Amazons.

>Apart from their armor an Amazon warrior typically carries a bow, axe, spear, crescent shield and helmet. They train like athletes, and it wouldn't be an unusual for a group of Amazons to be specialized in their training: one is a wrestler, one is a runner, others are masters of specific weapons, etc.

>The royal symbol of the Amazons is an elaborate girdle. Their queen wears this and it's rumored to have magical powers.

>There is a huge temple in the wilderness which the Amazons visit and maintain. Thousands of ravening birds live around it, and they attack and devour anyone who approaches with hostile intent.

(Jesus they already fill alot of these marks from my first draft alone...)
Thanks for the input user

While they should be wearing little, I am unsure about the style of clothing they should wear

>not having a hierarchy solely consisting of who has the best belt

That would be super fun NGL.

Bump because the thread will expire before I can type out my response.

>the undead make them uneasy
Do the dead make them easy?

I'm waiting user!

The quicker they kill their foes the quicker they can go back to completely platonic relationships

>They are desert dwellers living around an oasis and hunt mosters for basic ressorces.
Are they nomadic or settled? That would really influence their culture. Considering you mentioned AN oasis (rather than oases), my assumption is going to be that there's a single area in the desert where they hunt. Assuming that, we need to go to the next question: do they move to civilized settlements themselves, or do traveling merchants come to them to buy their goods at the oasis? And where do they get their men from?

Let's presume a certain set of responses to the previous questions and create a culture from that:
>Settled
>Hunting grounds centered around one individual oasis
>Civilized merchants come to them
You'd most likely have a culture with an established warrior caste, rather than a stereotypical "warrior society". Most people in this society would simply be farmers and gatherers who work on the fertile lands surrounding the oasis. The monster hunters would be deemed highly prestigious as they're responsible for the majority of the wealth and probably get the biggest slice of the pie. Perhaps these monster hunters would be their 'nobility', in as far as tribals can have a nobility. It would most likely lead to a culture where physical strength and combat prowess is everything: either you're a warrior, or you're a worthless dirt farmer.
cont.

Why not skip out on the middle work and kill visitors?

Let's now consider a different set of answers
>Nomadic
>Multiple oases and multiple hunting grounds
>They come to the merchants
Staying on the move is instrumental, perhaps even vital for survival. This would almost certainly lead to a culture where horsemanship (or riding whatever animal they prefer) is important, perhaps even to the extent where stealing or hurting another's horse carries a death sentence. Because this society is nomadic rather than settled, there'd be no caste that exclusively responsible for producing food (farmers and gatherers) so there'd be no strict specialization: everyone is a generalist and can do everything on at least a moderate level. This is further emphasized by the fact that this culture would sustain itself on being able to trade with those civilized settlements they routinely visit. Strength would still be important to them but not the end-all be-all. There's still room for wit, horsemanship and charisma. This also solves the problem of how these amazons sustain their numbers. In the most chaste scenario possible they'd have "long distance" boyfriends in one of the cities they visit, and whenever they enter said city they'd just behave like a somewhat ordinary couple. In the worst case scenario they're whores for easy fucking. It would keep the local peasants satisfied: they're prostitutes you don't even need to pay. This could create its own set of problems, depending on how the locals view fornication and adultery.

Oh, and pro-tip: if they truly live in the desert you won't see them running around (half-)naked. That's more of a thing in somewhat cooler climates with more shade. Think of the savannah or jungle. Desert dwellers would want to protect their skin against sunburns, which means they'd mostly look like kebabs. They'd wear a single, light (both in weight and in color) layer of cloth over their skins with something to at the very least cover their heads.

So you're saying either Cloistered Campers or Kebab Dothrakis?

Holy shit this is actually spot on to what I have written so far.
I just wanted the other castes to be valued about equally, since there needs to be a sense of "greater good of the tribe" for them to survive against the odds of a mono-gender society.
So, even though the farmers etc. are not going to be rulers any time soon, they are still worthy members of the community. To strengthen this sense of community, there is this ritual where they collectively bath at the spring of the oasis each day. Rule is that you need to go into the spring naked, making everyone equal during this. Of course, this is not perfect but I thibk such a ritual would strengthen the relationships between the castes

Realistically, it depends on how much the sun bothers them. In Africa, for example, you have the truly dark-skinned Africans running around pretty much naked, but you also have the comparatively lighter-skinned Arabs using loose, body-covering clothes to ward off the effects of the sun.

>tfw when the GM goes to elaborate worldbuilding efforts to conceal his fetish thing but it's immediately obvious anyway

>It's an onsen episode
>Every episode

Just make the Oasis be a sacred spot to the tribe, and have the farmers be essentially "Oasis-Tenders" that double as priests of their weird little girlcult

I don't think he's trying to conceal anything.

The desert thing is correct. But around the oasis there is a stretch of land that is more of a savanna. There is even a little forest around the oasis itself. The further you get from the oasis, the drier and more barren the soil becomes, until there is nothing but sand.
I though of this too. I think they should have more comfortable (and more revealing) clothing for when they are in their settlement around the oasis and when going out for a hunt, the warriors equip themselfs to fight against the dessert with garments appropriate for the task.
Right now, I am thinking if maybe the two forms could somehow be combined...
Like they have their settlement around the oasis but there are caravans going out to trade and stuff that would return after a certain amount of days.

They are pretty dark skinned and have are naturally gifted with strong bodies

Less weird than the bathing thing?
I'll think about it.
Sounds like a good idea

That's mostly because they're very primitive.

The most developed africans did used more clothes, especially in war

>implying that anybody would not make this concept atleast 1% magical realm
You know you want to too user
You say it like that is a bad thing

That's cause they were usually muslims. Aztecs weren't very fond of clothing too, and celts fought naked.

I'm stealing and adapting some of this for my Amazonian Sisters of Battle.

Thanks user!

This. Naked amazons are the best amazons.