Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

Cannon fodder edition

Kobolds, goblins, boggards, orcs, hobgoblins, zombies/skellies, and bandits. You've probably mowed them down in the hundreds, but which ones are coolest? Which are the most dangerous? Which ones make for the most interesting PCs?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/YLikTing (embed)
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/PUMYw1zC (embed)
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31 (embed)

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14637036
strawpoll.com/g5dpa43k
strawpoll.com/s9g6hk69
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

played a neckbeard hobgoblin before.

essentially an alchemist that believed Gods were made up and all the shit they do and magic itself was fake. He basically believed all of it was a conspiracy, by holding back the different components and mixtures needed to pull off those stunts. It was fun although it lasted 2 sessions

I usually play religious zealots, so it was a nice little departure

Hobgoblins. Hobgoblins. Hobgoblins.

Orcs. An army of level 1 warrior orcs mowed down our level 6 party by charging about.

You have a theme of obsessive weirdos going though, so what does that say about you? Do you wish you were an obsessive weirdo?

Fuck you and your vaguely attractive kobold of ambiguous gender, OP. PAGE 5. I unironically want to see skeletons as a faction on their own, not just as mindless undead controlled by a lich BBEG or something but like a full on skeletal empire. Possibly with mindless undead as a slave caste. But I don't care whether the empire is the bad guys or just the setting.

Was the game set in Golarion? Unironically believing the gods aren't real in Golarion just makes you retarded. But I guess you did say he's a neckbearded conspiracy theorist, so I guess that checks out.

Orcs are boring and shallow though. Unless you go for "deeply spiritual" orcs, which I guess are okay. But then they aren't a murderous cannon fodder race anymore.

>not modelling your characters after yourself a bit to make things feel a little more natural

I would complain about the /pgg/ thing, but I am wooed by RobotJoe's kobold by way of Shyguy9.

You may proceed.

I realized only years after the fact happened that my first GM was a scaliefucker
>Whenever he got to play he always played kobolds
>Had us meet several dragons and pseudodragons in our campaign
>Including an aberration that was basically 8 different dragons fused together (we eventually got them un-fused and gained their alliance, but still)
>Had two whole quests centered around an invasive plant that quickened kobolds' mating and gestating cycles
>Wrote in a custom snake/naga/lamia/whatever-you-want-to-call-it race complete with plothook about their city-queendom and how it was going to shit due to the rulers eating their citizens, hinting at daemonic rituals or something (we forgot about it in the same session so it never got explained much)
>Before the campaign got seriously derailed, our end goal was to stop the creation of an Avatar of Tiamat
>One time he had us fight a group of 30-odd kobolds that were basically lvl 5 PCs as a 3-men group of lvl 11s. I'm still pissed at him for that

Why would they require a slave caste? Normal labor could be performed by non-mindless undead, just as it can be performed by the living. Why not have a skeletal republic, with elected skelegates providing representation for the various provinces?

So you ARE an obsessive weirdo? I didn't want to say it but you heavily implied it there user lol

Maybe he just likes using that sort of races. Did he specify that the kobolds were sexy and went on about their fluttery eyelashes?

Okay, so that thing with the quickened mating cycles is a little suspect, but none of the rest of it really points to him being scalie. Just fond of dragons/kobolds. Which is not that far fetched. You sure you're not just jumping to conclusions?

>why slave caste

Gotta do something with all the corpses of dead goblins from the goblin empire next door. You don't want to just leave them, the goblins will take them back for food. Can't make them mindless, they'll either rejoin the goblin empire or join yours but be a detriment because goblins are stupid. Better make them mindless, and if you have a surplus of mindless undead around you might as well use them for hard labor.

Skeletons and Skeletal Champions are my usual go-to mobs, since they're creatures that most classes can easily fight.

With my current group, I've used Orcs and Sahuagin so they can fight creatures with class levels.

Skeletal Champions are cooler. Sahuagin are more dangerous.

Has anyone run a campaign that was sea-themed? What monsters did you encounter in it?

What’s the most fuckable creature in the Bestiaries?
>inb4 Winter Hag
>inb4 Brownie
>...inb4 Dragon

The plant quests might not even be that bad, depending on how they were presented. If someone learned that a local monster population had dramatically increased its growth rate somehow, that'd be a matter of tremendous concern, regardless of whatever biological component may be involved.

Humans. It's always humans. Humans can and will breed with anything.

Not exactly.

I'm going to run an Pathfinder version of the Sea of Fallen Stars (AD&D) next year. This will include the Twelfth Seros War (1368 DR).

Last session, a player volunteered to run the game. The other player and I are going to go underwater to retrieve a holy tapestry. We just made it to the port city at the end of the session.

Not related to the games, but he also was doing uni work to become and entomologist and had several terrariums with snakes in his flat
Also a Zerg main in sc2
So yeah, quite sure he was into reptiles and stuff

Vilderavn

Nymphs.

Thriae

You are aware that people can be interested in certain kinds of animals without there being a sexual component, right? By the sound of things, he's just carrying his academic interests over into the game.

Also, the zerg are fun to play. Or were-I don't know what Blizzard's been doing with that game lately.

We must look for details, such as were the snakes in his basement female, and did they wear engagement rings on their tails.

>Orcs are boring and shallow though

They are only as boring and shallow as you make them. Warhammer (both fantasy and 40k) and that new Lord of the Rings vidya are good examples of orcs as a "murderous cannon fodder race" that remain interesting.

>You are aware that people can be interested in certain kinds of animals without there being a sexual component, right?

wheredoyouthinkweare.jpg

I'd agree with you about the vidya thing, to an extent, but Warhammer only really makes orcs/orkz interesting insofar as they're intended to be comic relief. They still don't really make sense, but they don't have to in context.

>skelegates

It's starting to look like some people in here would benefit from the conversation going on over here.

We just reached level seven and I upgraded my wizard's headband to +4. We got a huge loot pull out of the last encounter, just short of 6K per PC. Should I spend this on other gear and spells? Or keep shotgunning my headband and go for crafting it up to the +6? Otherwise I am likely to use it to get sandals of quick reaction and more init boosts. Maybe some AC boosts, new spells, or pearls of power.

Ambiguous my ass, those hips don't lie.

How high is your Int without the headband?

5!

Convince me not to play an Undine Hydrokineticist

Intelligence, not initiative.

I'm not that user, it was a joke

How big are her fish tiddies?

Fish don't have tiddies. They are not mammals

all undines have fish tiddies

Speaking of breeding (hayo!) what is the weirdest, but still possible, creature we could make?

I don't know man, probably a platypus or something

I'll try my best to make a Skelegate empire.

I'm planning on running a game to introduce someone into Pathfinder and I was hoping for some suggestions on modules to run. (I'm new to running games too.)

The person who I am doing this for is playing a NG White Necromancer, and I can fill up other spots if the module recommends multiple players.

Posting this one last time

strawpoll.me/14637036

Reposting that the only AP you should run is one you won't bamboozle on.

I won't.

Use the "First Steps" series.

What's everyone's bathroom etiquette at the table? My group hates it but I tend to keep an empty two litre around to pee in so I don't miss any action

This is bait. This has to be bait.

It appears Iron Gods has taken a sizeable lead. Why is that? It's a good AP, sure, but why is it being focused on so much?

Because it was the biggest bamboozle of Summer.

It's a good AP that's never been run around here before.

The coolest are probably skeletons-dudes are bad to the bone, and that's neat. Gnolls are probably the most dangerous, because they're vicious enough to be scary, lazy enough to rely on traps to put things in their favor, and nasty enough to have some kind of evil power or demonic taint going for them. The most interesting PCs might be kobolds, because tiny little dragon people seem like they'd be interesting adventurers.

How are monstrous races treated in Mendev? Orcs and Goblins are probably kill on sight but how likely is a Harpy, Kobold or Minotaur likely to run into troubles if they were to hit up a human town or city for trade.

21 without my headband, 25 with it.

Good man, have one of my Skelebards to help you with his Bardic Performance.

Kobold? I dunno.

Minotaurs are the primary servants of Baphomet, the 2nd biggest foe of Mendev; they're killed on sight with extreme prejudice.

Harpies are KOS everywhere in the world.

Ah, depression and holidays, how they go together to make progress on projects go so slowly!

I've finally found time in my life to work on the Sentinel guide. I can't post it currently, but it's about 3/4ths finished. As I put the last quarter in, I want to hear what /pfg/ wants from the next Spheres of Might guide!

strawpoll.com/g5dpa43k

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the SoP classes done either. Only a handful have handbooks, and the mageknight and hedgewitch handbooks disappeared recently.

>all the games I really enjoyed died
>all the games that are still going I'm feeling burned out on
>all the games my friends are planning on running don't interest me

tell me about your winter adventures, /pgg/, what have your characters been doing to stave off the chill of the cold months?

strawpoll.com/s9g6hk69

Speaking of which, here you go, a poll. I've already got stuff put down for the Hedgewitch guide.

>having games to play

>Human Vigilante (Stalker) // Spell Sage with Elemental Flux
>+8 to Survival + Inspiration
>Traveling from Soorenar to Reth on horseback during the winter
>Endure Elements is always on because of Embrace the Elements, but not the horse
>Use Spell Study to cast Tiny Hut
>Akanapeaks are snowed in, so take a ship from Airspur

So, we've been using a lot of magic to make a little money. The next session will be the underwater part. It might feel warmer then.

Just remember, folks. No matter what the tier list say or what any guide says, a real wizard always carries a gun.

Brawling with bears in his birthday suit like any real ulfen would do.

Here's a real question:

Do you guys have an "Adventurer's Tavern" where all your characters who don't have a game to call their own, or were snubbed from a game, go to?
What do they do together while they wait for their chance to get into a game or, alternatively, fade into the abyss?

My wizard carries a gauntlet instead.

I write smut involving the various characters.

Then ya ain't a real wizard. Probably a sorcerer at best, maybe even an adept.

Does the gun have to be magical?

Nah, but it's always an improvement over just having a gun.

here, a gift

>Methwood
Is Chessenta like a fantasy Alabama?

Alabama will have to compete for that position with Florida, New Jersey and every state that as much as slightly brushes up against Mexico.
It's probably a draw in the end, sadly. It's not the kind of contest where there's a winner, either.

Sorry user, I wanted more init and I wanted to keep my hands free for magic and stuff. The +1 Dueling Training (Improved Initiative) Gauntlet seemed more than worth its price for that kind of bonus. My DM doesn't allow guns anyway.

where did you get this pictographic material?

See what this degenerate said

>my character is 5'3" 115lbs
>16 str
>16 con

Dorf.

>115 lbs

>just bought Creation handbook
>looking at dustbringer
>its straight up "delet this" the archetype, Scar Style
This is kinda ridiculous. Granted, you also have to deal with that Oracle curse and basically being unable to wear or wield anything. Still, by 10th level you can delete just about anything in front of you

>5'5, 120 lbs
>7 Str and Dex
>18 Wis, 19 Cha

Slim dorf with magical weight reducing belts.

>6'8"
>18 STR, 10 DEX
>16 CON
>14 CHA
>14 WIS
>12 INT

how can manlets even compete?

That's perfectly realistic.
Think of the scariest people you've met in person, the most fucked-up ones you've seen on TV and the ones who've actually done things like taking a shotgun slug to the chest and still lasting the whole gunfight.
The chances are, most of them are skinny, angry little guys with a lot of pent-up resentment for being shit on in childhood and this much patience left for being shit on again.
I know a few of those guys. They're for some reason usually buzz-cut, wear wifebeaters and do a lot of drugs.
I guarantee you, nine times out of ten, you'll want to fight the big guy who no one's ever picked a fight with and who's intimidated his way out of most fights over the little, pissed-off guy who's been bullied so much he's drugged himself up to the eyeballs, goes to the gym and martial arts practice on a stupidly rigorous schedule and always looks like he's been awake on coke for a week.
Those people will fucking stab you. In the end, whether or not you can act decisively, aggressively and with intent to kill in a fight is a gargantuan fucking factor as any police officer can tell you, and it's more than enough to warrant the stats.
TL;DR: robots pls go.

Simple.

Manlets have the balls to play in games where the players aren't so afraid that their special snowflake characters might not shine in everything that they have to play with point buy 39

Racial bonuses man

Oh, sorry.

Point buy 32.

And level up bonuses

You do realize that's a lose-lose situation, right?

Now that's just moving the goal post. If you go by that shit you might as well say "and belt of physical perfection and headband of mental perfection" to boot.

>Being a disgusting half-orc

Actually a dual talent human shoanti

but that's enough of that

What even is rolling for stats

Fun, but brace yourself for autistic screeching

Then it's incomparable. By that account a 1'4" 10000lbs characrer might have 18 to everything because luck of the roll and less "manlets/gigantards btfo".

How dare you have fun in an unsanctioned manner!

Can someone explain to me how the Prodigy form Champion of theSpheres works, specificall the Sequences, because I'm having a hard tim understanding it

Or maybe, they rolled first and then picked their characters size?

Changes nothing.

Sequences work like this

>Perform an action marked as an (opener), this starts your sequence. After a sequence starts, all (opener) actions become (link) actions.
>Whenever you perform an action marked as a (link), you add 1 to your Sequence, up to a maximum of 4 + 1 per 3 class levels
>When you reach a certain threshold (3, 5, 7, 9), you can perform a (finisher), which ends your sequence. Actions performed as part of a (finisher) don't contribute to your next sequence.
>At 2nd level, you gain the abiltiy to (imbue) yourself as part of starting a sequence, which grants yourself a Sphere effect for the length of your sequence and a new (finisher) related to the sphere you imbued yourself with

It's basically a combo meter from a fighting game. When you reach a certain point on your combo meter, it grants you a special move. If you use that special move, you have to start your combo meter over again.