Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Coffee anyone?

>Previous
>duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=rohfWzVCeHQ

>FAQ update
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/15/the-future-of-faqs-and-chapter-approved-dec-15gw-homepage-post-2/

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer Updated for Tyranids? Math-user requests vetting
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SnD3ZgfEg8s
fitnessandpower.com/nutrition/onions-can-significantly-increase-testosterone-levels
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My dudes > your dudes

Dark Angels are truly super secretive. They wont even share their codex.

>tfw my bloodbrides are once again the MVP of my game where they killed 27/30 boyz, ate a Ghazzy charge, and then killed him, too

>the White Scars are forgotten about, even more so than the Raven Guard
>a Chapter like the Storm Lords literally have no chance of becoming relevant in the near future

I love the White Scars but they make me sad

Daily life in the imperium: youtu.be/SnD3ZgfEg8s
Stupid fucking mon-keigh players.

But they're the masters of ultra-rapid deployment and attack, user, theyre still cool

Can we all agree that this is best legion ever?

>mfw a t3 infantry model holds a dedicated melee unit in combat for a full round

Iron hands? Totally.

Dark Angels only share their butts.

The Mongols are my favourite non-fiction civilisation and culture, so I love the entire concept of the White Scars

Maybe thats a lie. But Im willing to believe it.

That's your mom

GODDAMMN MONGORIANS

Yeah, I just wish more armies showed cultural background on the field. WS are cool but I'd love to see some actual Mongolian armor designs and pelts, desu

It's not a toupee you troll, it's his mirkin

CRAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIN

I've heard the Imperium be described as a mix of "Latin Rome, Catholicism and a slight mix of Nazi Germany" though I doubt most of it.

If they went overboard it might look a bit odd, as im imagining marine boots as those funny shaped horsehair shoes and straight quilting torsos.

Nothing that crazy, just like using the FW kits or converting shields and such. The best part of space wolves is the actual Viking-ish stuff they have

So I've read over the rules and I might be retarded
It says rolls of 1 always fail on everything, right? And they fail before any modifiers are applied, but some things say "reroll 1s to hit" or something
Would I take the second over the first? It wouldn't make sense to me to have a skill that doesn't work with the rules but I dunno

Storm lords are a FFG creation and will likely never be mentioned again along with my beloved Rak'gol

Those are the Storm Wardens user.

Think, user. Think.

It is, why would would you doubt it?

oh, my mistake

You reroll before it counts as a failure. You roll a 1, reroll, check if it's a 1 again, and the apply modifiers.

oh
Rerolls don't count as modifiers? That explains a lot

The rules refer to modifiers and re-rolls separately. Modifiers, you know, modify the roll.

With my hopes of outflanking dreadnoughts dead I'm trying to figure out how to still make use of this strategem for a hard hitting infantry unit. Any suggestions?

I kind of want to attempt this with a squad of 6 aggressors considering they got a decent point reduction and equip them with the boltstorm gauntlets to crank out almost 90 shots if they stand still. Otherwise would outflanking a long fang squad with meltaguns be a good, but more expensive pointswise, alternative

Scout Sentinels or Armoured Sentinels?

I would suggest using Wulfen for this.

>outflanking a unit that only gets 50% of its firepower after moving

hmmmmm

Just outflank hellblasters.

Neither, both are terrible compared to their points in lemun russes.

Drop sentinels

I don't use wulfen and never will though I can understand the use for it. Though its redundant to outflank wolf guard terminators I was also wondering about outflanking a squad of power armor wolf guard with a lot of storm shields and frost weapons

No... It happened.

I flipped out of my raider that was assaulted by a bunch of boyz and dashed 8" up field leaving them to play with the wounded boat and my succubus did the same out of the other raider playing with the same mob. Pistol shots and a grenade cut through some of them, and then the charges began, Making the rerollable 4" charge with ease, they proceeded to butcher the poor orks with 34 attacks together bringing them down a whopping 2. Having no other mobs in range, the boys took off the table after killing 3 wyches in return. On the orks turn, Ghazzy and a pole nob slammed into my wyches killing another poor wych as they dodged his attacks. The return strikes put 3 wounds into the Warboss. My turn, a blast pistol did 2 more damage while my succubus killed the nob with the Parasites Kiss, and then my wyches stripped Ghazzy of his remaining wounds.

>Leave Ultramarines to me

>watching a bid for OOP Metal Archon, the good sculpt on codex cover
>$9
>20 mins left
>Some jackass goes up by $5
>Bidding war ensues
>gave up after it his $20
>It went for $29
Fuck eBay sometimes.

In the last year that I've been paying attention to ebay, there was never a deal actually worth getting. They all end up above retail price or the shipping makes it not worth.

I don't think you understand that meme.

Generalised vanilla imperium is exactly that with some soviet and eastern european thrown in. To not see it you'd have to be blind or generally ignorant. The 'slight' german you talk about is debatable as their iconography was heavily based upon the Roman empire as well. That's merely visuals. In practice the Imperium is a militaristic, totalitarian imperial power with up til now a fanatical religious dominion.

On the other hand as the imperium is vast there are plenty of other cultural influences in individual regiments and locales:
Roughriders
vietnam catachan
Persia-Egypto prospero
Euro-caliban
Russian
Franco-germanic
and so on

The entire current narrative timeline with cawl and gorillaman is a blatant late Rome copy.

If you have the vaguest ideas about symbols, language, architectural design, terms, historical events you should easily see it.

What is council of nicea
What is the 40k aquilla
What are commissars
What is gothic architechture
What does primarch mean
What are chaplains
What are chapters
What are fascist symbols
What are crusades
What are ordos
What is high gothic
What are icon bearers
What are those sorts of banners off
Why do so many psychers have those funny scarf like things hanging over their robes?
What is a patriarch in the religious sense?
What is the concept of the new man?
Who is astarte?

Everything about, from their trying-too-hard tier edginess to thier dumb bat wing helmets, is just silly.

>You'll have to get past me before!

That and it's always the same shitty metal models that haven't sold in years ( for DE listings at least). I did manage to get a NiB Ravager, Raider, Razorwing combo for 90 back in September, though.

Storm Wardens are a great chapter. On the other hand, FFG produced amazingly in depth deathwatch background that is also as far as im aware, now out the window.

Absolute travesty imo, I loved their books.

Noob here. About how much citadel paint would be needed for this? Like on average how much does a 10 man infantry squad use up of their paint kits?

>he didn't listen to it and doesn't know
At least know what you're talking about before making a fool of yourself on the internet.

So I've got my blue stuff on the way.
What'll look better on scourges, all feathery wings or feathery wings + bat wings on the leader?

Also, how painful will molding dark lances be, due to the thin bit at the front?

"Please draw the model in its exact pose for the cover."

Why do they do this, it feels so stifled.

Couple gallons, give or take, my dude.

The harder part will be the tubing. I'll post my abomination of a recast along side the 2 salvageable casts when I get out of my league match.

What would be a good set of wings to use for this guy?

I'm going to use mine as a Tzeentch Daemon Prince.

Advertising. Black Library books are just really pretentious commercials.

Oh shit, I didn't even think about that.
I figured I'd do the gun and attached arm together, is it best to just do the tube separately?

They probably don't give much of a damn since it is for that advent calendar which will be instantly irrelevant after the holiday season.

Can your unit deep strike onto a 'gap' between the enemy units' 9" denial zones, that is not large enough to physically place all of your models on? Just to make sure.

I will concede that Jago is a badass, even going as far to say that he was perhaps one of the greatest marines to ever live. However, the Night Lords as a whole are so fucking retarded, it's a suprise they even lasted as far as they did into the heresy. They represent everything that is petty about Chaos, getting BTFO by everyone; loyalist, heretic, and xeno, ever since their betrayal. And this is coming from an Ironfag who thinks Pertuabo, Archbishop of petulance and impotent butthurt, was the greatest Traitor Primarch.

Just model him riding a demon-sized disc of tzeentch.

Why do people play Blood Angels? I mean, besides the fact that the chapter upgrades look sweet, the faction units look and function in a kick-ass manner, melta pistols, death company, flying dreadnought, and Salamanders-esque artifice and love of fire.

> ERRATA
Page 67 – Matched Play Mission Rules,
Targeting Characters
Change the rst sentence to read:
β€˜An enemy Character with a Wounds characteristic of less than 10 can only be chosen as a target in the Shooting phase if it is both visible to the rer and it is the closest enemy model to the rer.’

Glad to not see the waac autists coming up with this issue anymore.

> Muh honorable melee

>flying dreadnoughts
I hate this shit so much

Oh, I'm aware that's their purpose, but you'd think an evocative piece of art would be more inspirational to a hobbyist customer than STOCK MODEL IN STOCK POSE, The only thing I can think of is that its designed for someone who isn't already a customer or they think people are unimaginative.

Huh. I didn't even think of that. Do you know if the Burning Chariot disk is large enough for a model that size?

>muh chapterhouse lawsuit

can't draw something that some californian working from his garage might make resin bits out of

I think you mean
>SMITE AND CLEAVE

There is a clusterfuck of lore about BA and almost anyone can find something they like in there, as long as they can get over their dudes being painted bright red. Even their primarch is borderline trap.

>inspirational to a hobbyist customer
not their target audience

the hardcore 10% don't make nearly as much money as the casual 90%, it's like this in almost every industry

No.

Blood Angels have a fair amount of background and lore behind them, and are the Father Chapter of many fan favourite successor Chapters (Lamenters, Flesh Tearers, Blood Drinkers, etc)

the casuals aren't the ones buying warlord titans

not just bright red, pick a successor chapter and you've got the full range of red shades (also lamenters but they suck)

Chapterhouse ruined everything, Fuck them

The feathered scourge wings are pretty Tzeentchy.

Herein lies an explanation. In some circumstances it can be better to look at certain factions before their lore or character was 'fleshed out'

>not playing a homebrew

yeah but 500 mums buying jimmy a squad of the cool new space marines is more money than the probably one or two titans they sell a month.

games workshop have likely put a lot of research into which audience to target for maximum revenue.

i'd like it to not be what it is, but it aint.

I guarantee they make more money off Tactical Squad kits than Warlords and Mantas combined.

Don't underestimate the soyboy market

How are Stormtalons?

Good at clearing infantry blobs. Kit them for that.

Depends on what you mean by casual.

>not being a fat, disgusting grognard is now called being soyboy
You fat incels are adorable.

Here you go. It got the detail it captured nicely. The sword and pistol will be almost indistinguishable from originals once I prime them. I used Smooth Cast 320 and Mold Star 30. What I really need to do is cast them separately, I had tried to make a "sprue", and that turned out awful.

Don't bother user. In this day and age, everyone you don't like is a soyboy cuck shill SJW jew.

nah, just being the giant bitch that you are is enough to be a soyboy

Leave the lascannons and missle launchers at home?

Can someone hit me up with the DE Archon datasheet? I just wanted to check the wargear options real quick to see what else I can put on my model

Poor posture, but otherwise alright. Might've just been tying his shoelaces.

it is the latest pol shit, along with them trying to eat more onions apparently

We don't get much...I really wish he had more like an Autarch level of customization.

tfw I play a 2v2 (Orks/Marines) vs (Eldar/Tzeench) and by turn 2 all of the OrkBoyz are dead without ever having fired once.

Missile launchers can work because frag missiles, but the assault cannons are what really shine.

>along with them trying to eat more onions apparently
?

>fitnessandpower.com/nutrition/onions-can-significantly-increase-testosterone-levels

>huskblade
>str user

supposedly eating onions boosts testosterone and pol is all over that because they ain't no soyboys of course
something like that, I don't really care enough to dig into it

that's...disappointing. The grenade launcher doesn't really appeal to me.

Dude, lucky/unlucky rolls can make anything happen.