If your RPG doesn't allow PCs to do this, it's a shit RPG

If your RPG doesn't allow PCs to do this, it's a shit RPG.

So tell me, is it a shit RPG?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=088c8_2j6IY
youtube.com/watch?v=Wn7d3a6s-Hk
youtube.com/watch?v=A46qPpI9mak
youtube.com/watch?v=i4iDWXstrWY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's cool and hilarious at the same time.

Poo in the loo please go

It's a Poo-in-Loo RPG. Checkmate, atheists.

That shit they hammer into the side of the trunk (giant shark teeth or someshit?), what's it for? They don't use it to step on and it's not fired as projectiles to clear some space around them during the landing.

We often use this maneuver.

It's called STEEL REHN

Because it's cool.

Why not make it useful at the same time?

Depends on the setting and how well you roll, gotta both pull it off hang on to the others and stick the landing.

No, but Indian cinema deserves to have its own RPG specifically because of this!

Because poo in loo

Rule Of Cool doesn't need other rules, thus any RPG allows that.

>3d8 damage.jpg

They would get a fate point from me for doing this

Source?

This is literally the only Indian movie I've ever enjoyed. I think this was the most expensive Indian movie ever made, and it shamelessly cribs choreography from a lot of superhero films.

Weirdly enough, the protagonist (the titular Baahulbali i.e. 'The One With Strong Arms') is effectively a Solar Exalted. The fact he's superhumanly strong isn't, however, as important as the fact that he's superhumanly wise and moral as well: in every iteration, he always knows exactly the right thing to do.

The same actor is both the main character and his father. This movie is its own sequel. (the first half is a prequel with the protagonist's dad, and the second half is the final battle for the protagonist, whose story was largely told in the first movie.)

It's just such a weirdly done thing that it's hardly not to be in awe.

youtube.com/watch?v=088c8_2j6IY

>the others do the same with various results.

I remember watching a movie called Krish which had to be part of some sort of series that was just all over the place cribbing every single popular movie of the early 2000s. It was like 3 hours long and had random musical numbers between masked vigilantism (for no reason aside from looking good in the posters) and supernatural romance that actually isn't supernatural.

Physics doesn't work that way! Holy shit, that's not physically possible. Does their world run on cartoon physics?

Is this the first time you've ever seen a movie?

>Holy shit, that's not physically possible.
>believing in Maya and its bullshit limitations

I've seen the Dhoom! series, which literally means 'Ka-Boom'. It's India's answer to the Fast and Furious, and the three movies are mostly unrelated (except for one recurring supercop.)

> youtube.com/watch?v=Wn7d3a6s-Hk

It does have one iconic theme, which is sung / danced to by the main antihero of the episode. I think the second movie's version is best.

Oi, dese stinkin' 'umies aren't too bad! Tha's some propah green thinkin'!

Indian fantasy is weird like that

One of my favourite parts of Indian mythology is dealing with oddly specific demon weaknesses. Some are fairly obvious, a demon can't be pierced by any blade, so it gets beaten to death. Then there was the demon who couldn't be killed: in day or night, outside or indoors, by man, beast, god, or demon or by any weapon forged. One of the gods manifested as a beastman and gutted him with his claws in a doorway, at twilight.

This is the most stupidly awesome thing I've ever seen

There's a spear duel between the main character and his nemesis, which is equally over-the-top.

> youtube.com/watch?v=A46qPpI9mak

Their cinema is incredibly insane, but so far I've never had to deal with an Indian that didn't turn out to be an asshole, so...

>Then there was the demon who couldn't be killed: in day or night, outside or indoors, by man, beast, god, or demon or by any weapon forged
Wasn't their similar situation in Celtic mythology with added condition of invulnerability both on land and sea? Sometimes myths can travel very very far.

That is the most metal thing I have ever seen.

Heh, guess you never been to India, kid.

I don't think it's a case of stories travelling, just people coming up with the same idea, kind of like how the bundle of sticks metaphor appears basically everywhere

I liked that you can see some groups that fucked up the jump and hit the outer wall. Usually everyone gets lucky and makes it in these.

You are like a little baby. Watch this.

youtube.com/watch?v=i4iDWXstrWY

Am I really the only one who hates this tongue in cheek, over the top stuff with a passion? I just think it's stupid. Am I a stick in the mud?

Is this the same movie where they fire a giant, oil drenched carpet over an invading army and then set fire to it?

This may surprise you, but not everyone is supposed to like everything.

It runs on bollywood.

Still tame by Hindu mythology standards:

>When Ram could not find any means to make a path through the ocean to reach to Lanka with his whole army, he decided to do so by drying the ocean. In order to do this ‘he fixed Brahmadand charged with Brahmastra on the string of his great bow and stretched it with full force for its final operation. This created so much fear all over that heaven and earth started shaking with its mountains and rivers. Lakes and rivers agitated. Sun and moon changed their way. The ocean, with the mass of its water and waves surged beyond its confines to the extent of about eight miles. Finally on the request of the ocean he turned the direction of his arrow and released it, causing a huge part of ocean turned into a desert.

No, it just has its place. It's like all the super overtop genres. A little goes a long way.

why are all the op superweapons in Hindu mythology bows?

That's retarded

Because they kill from afar, before gunpowder and crossbows could.

The Vajra isn't a bow, though.

Whose "feel" do you think your Wojack portrays?

Mythology developed in ancient times when warfare in India was centered around nobles shooting arrows from chariots or elephants. In this period they would laid waste on unarmored infantry while remaining invulnerable. It kinda matches the impression main characters provide in the myths.

Also there are many other superweapons. Trident of Shiva, thunderbolt of Indra, gada wielded by the strongest deities and heroes, nukes.

>screws and drillbits hanging from the ceiling
Why even?

>trying to sneak a thread about bollywood in Veeky Forums because /tv/ would instantly shit on it or totally ignore it

so exactly what people do with fantasy and sci-fi books and history or politics stuff all the time on Veeky Forums anyway

It looks better without sound desu. Sound effects are not on par with the craziness of the visuals.

What do you expect? Literally every country that was under direct British control has a high asshole rate.

Think about it; when you think of Americans, Aussies, and Indians, you think "asshole". Canada only escapes this because they still swear loyalty to the queen, but America's assholishness has rubbed off on them, too.

>Canada only escapes this because they still swear loyalty to the queen,
So does Australia.

Yes. You're probably autistic and nobody likes you.

They're also all criminals and rapists. You don't make a country out of a literal prison colony and not expect every single one of them to be a miserable twat.

>A shield in another shield
That's fucking brilliant

Slayer as fuck.

oh shit, a baahubali thread

This movie owns.

Just think of it this way.
Everybody else feels the same way about you.

I'm not sure it is actually tongue in cheek, considering it is made for an audience with an iq of about 80, who holler at the screen as they watch.

I'd be down for that.

>rules for tactical horse sliding
>ability for martial classes to punch lines of people with one punch
>ranged classes can magnetize guns into a row and fire all of them at once
>groups of enemies can join hands to become a giant wheel of death
>GM rolls percentile every so often to determine if the entire scene devolves into a dance number

>>GM rolls percentile every so often to determine if the entire scene devolves into a dance number

Indians can't help it, their ancient mythology is basically capeshit, bows shooting nukes, chariots of thunder, many armed beings with half a dozen impractical weapons, men wrangling wild beasts with their bare hands, you name it...

don't question The Mouse, for it it wise and terrible

That last line as a puchline.
You bastard, I'm heaving!

you realise all that shit happens in other mythologies too right?
>Hou Yi shooting nine suns out the sky
>Apollo's sun chariot
>Hercules killing the nemian lion

Rule Zero of DMing since the Gary Gygax days of D&D lets me say "fuck yeah" to stunts like this. You better make that fucking acrobatics roll though, or I'm gonna fuck with ya.