Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Realmgate_Wars
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_(archangel)
jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/10779-michael
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No ship in there, so my guess the ship is between the two guys on the backdrop.

I think this is an awesome list but I am probably just too stupid to realize what is wrong with it. Please tell me why this is a shitty list.

Too big a focus on huge creatures, they'll get bogged down or outright overrun far too quickly from any unit with more than 10 models

Think I've figured out this malign portents crypticness. It was just anagrams.
>roping mantlets
Forces of Death are gunna hang you, manlets.
>sampling rotten
Nurgle on its way, tasty nurgle, try some!
>sapling torment
Sylvaneth gunna suffer (see above)
>singleton tramp
Morathi confirmed homeless but alive
>stomping antler
Sylvaneth / Nurgle for sure
>tampon tinglers
Stormcast to get mounted female models.

you will get humiliated by goblins, rats, skellingtons.

We at the Lexicanum really need someone with Godbeasts and All-Gates to help us get everything up-to-date with the Realmgate Wars page.

whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Realmgate_Wars

Any help you can give us would be appreciated!

>laughs in Skeleton Archer

As other anons said, it's too elite. Anything with good shooting just shits on it before it gets anywhere because you don't have cheap bodies to hold objectives and can't alpha strike.

Theory: the Warhammer Community (and Facebook) content relating to painting can be used to predict upcoming releases.

They tend to follow a theme, e.g. recently they have been showcasing how to paint witch elves, and previously were about Death models for months.

They paint the stuff that is soon to be release-relevant.

Discuss.

What is Aos biggest selling army?

Depends how you define 'selling'. But Stormcast probably.

so you're saying it's weak to hoards?

how do you see that playing out on the table?

pic is my "battle plan"
threaten their objective with the fast hard hitting everchosen. contest mid with glottkin, kings, and harbinger. Camp home with one or two units of blightkings.

Technically Stormcast.

"Technically" because they have been pushed far too hard and put in every bundle possible to say if that's really what people wanted.

If we ignore hard marketing, the most popular faction is probably Seraphon

If you shunt archaon forward turn 1 you deserve all forms of rape that are bound to happen against any semi competent player, and The glottkin will melt by turn 3 unless you roll like a god, his 4+ save makes him especially susceptible to things like vanguard hunters or kurnoth.

>If we ignore hard marketing, the most popular faction is probably Seraphon
>Lizardfags in this much denial

What did GW mean by this?

Why would this holy warrior be named after an angel? Questions upon questions.

What did Google mean by THIS?

I actually hate them.
Yet those Start Collecting Seraphon boxes sell like hotcakes

Because Stormcast are based on Jewish mythology.

that that book contains a passaig where the word gavriel appears and that two lines below the sentence: with a sure heart to which he could thus confess... also features in.

Like what?

obviously it's an accidental slip-up that reveals GW to be part of the global zionist conspiracy

So those are the runes on the sword?

do you think its too aggressive to try and take the opponents home objective with the everchosen? The alternative would be to hold the everchosen back and charge mid with them once everything there is stuck in with the glottkin and friends.

Jewish people are also known as "the chosen people". Stormcast are known as Sigmars chosen people.
The are made of gold
They fight to protect their holy land, and have a holy land.
Their battle cry is Oi vey!

Anything real though?

r80 my m80s

What now?

you're 400pts over the game size that everyone plays at for one

putrid blightkings are only battleline if you're on nurgle allegiance, and you're on chaos here though maybe you intended on going nurgle idk

with 1720 points spent on 8 models, you are on a very risky list. a lucky round of shooting with khemist'd-up blob of arkanauts or double tusks or buffed brutes on the charge or skyborne protectors (basically opponent's insert 'monster-killer unit' here) could land you hugely down on material by losing only 2 or 3 models. and random 5-mans of blightkings will rarely clean up the mess after such a turn.

your game plan seems to be march slow nurgle stuff up while archaon and varanguard try to table the opponent - which can certainly work.

You've given up a balanced list for too many expensive centerpiece stuff. You're already in nurgle and choosing not to use some of the best defensive objective-camping tarpits in the game (massive reg plaguebearers with a herald in the middle) seems to be an oversight to me.

you're pretty fucking good for duality of death though.

I just bought storm of sigmar as my introduction to aos, and wargaming in general (only painted 3 space marines before, never played). Have I dun goofd?

or just leave everything in a tight cluster of overlapping buff stacks.

Like you said, it is an elite army and basically anything that touches the death star will get obliterated.

>only painted 3 space marines before
Well you're in luck, because you have more space marines!
Bet trade those pesky khorne guys away for more stormcast

Nothing at all! Stormcast are super cool and look great. They're awesome!

Yep, archangel Michael, specifically.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_(archangel)

>Michael
>Not Gabriel.

LMAO.

Eh, I'll live with owning 5 stormcast. If I manage to get my friends into aos or fantasy I'll gift them to someone and start working on some lizard bois.

Nah, SCE are a solid army to start with. Each unit is fairly self-sufficient and reliable, so at the start you won't need to fuck around too much with synergy effects and interlocking tactics yet.
That said, the force in Storm of Sigmar isn't very good due to the weird unit sizes. You'll need to up both units to five dudes eventually.

its almost like the stormcast are based on angels which are from christian mythos and christianity has its roots in judaism

no that cant be it, it must be a globalist jew conspiracy to indoctrinate young NEETs

kill yourself

Any improvements at 1000 points?

Allegiance: Sylvaneth

Leaders
Treelord Ancient (300)
- General
- Trait: Gnarled Warrior
- Artefact: The Oaken Armour
- Deepwood Spell: Regrowth
Branchwych (80)
- Artefact: Ranu's Lamentiri
- Deepwood Spell: Verdant Blessing

Battleline
20 x Dryads (200)
20 x Dryads (200)

Units
3 x Kurnoth Hunters (220)
- Greatbows

Scenery
Sylvaneth Wyldwood - Sylvaneth Allegiance (0)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200

lizards are cool.
get a start collecting box and a bastilladon or 2.

please dont reply to the 10am nazi shitposters

Not too bad?

Allegiance: Slaves To Darkness
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (160)
- General
- Runestaff
- Artefact: Favour of the Gods
- Mark of Chaos: Nurgle
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (160)
- Runestaff
Chaos Lord On Daemonic Mount (140)
30 x Chaos Warriors (480)
- Halberd & Shield
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
- Halberd & Shield
- Halberd & Shield
- Hand Weapon & Shield
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Chaos Glaives
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Chaos Glaives
1 x Chaos Gorebeast Chariots (100)
- Greatblade
1 x Chaos Gorebeast Chariots (100)
- Greatblade

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 183

Well this was just so I can paint something, cause I've taken a liking to it, and play a few games with my cousin and friends, hopefully to get more people interested in the hobby

>10am
>everyone in the world lives in the same timezone

p.s. the biggest advantage of this list is that i can get all of them for less than 200$

You know it man, lizards are best

You can only bring 1 artifact

You can bring 1 more artifact for each battalion you use

There are 2 archangels that are most prominent in judaism: Michael and Gabriel.

See here - jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/10779-michael

Michael is the one the stormcast are based on.

>Michael is the one the stormcast are based on.

In what way?

Please stop replying. He only does this for attention.

anything else besides that?

Michael came to occupy a certain place in the Jewish liturgy.

According to rabbinic Jewish tradition, Michael acted as the advocate of Israel, and sometimes had to fight with the princes of the other nations (cf. 10:13)

Michael leads God's armies against Satan's forces in the Book of Revelation, where during the war in heaven he defeats Satan

Daniel 10:13-21 describes Daniel's vision of an angel who identifies Michael as the protector of Israel. Daniel is informed that Michael will arise during the "time of the end

He's more like Sanguinius if anything.

It looks like the start of a Gnarlroot Wargrove battalion, which is a pretty good Sylvaneth list

It's hard to get a lot of variety at 1000 with Sylvaneth because the Ancient is so good you can't skip him, but he's also so expensive that he restricts your choices

i would go play some games and think about ways to bump the list up to 2000.
>Changing 2x20 dryads into 1x30
>adding some Tree Revs for teleporting and battleline tax
>more kurnoths with bows to force the enemy to come to you
>melee powerhouse like Durthu or kurnoths with scythes

So Malign Portents.. Skeletons? Vampires? Cthulhu elves?

the only known elves to be incoming are witch elves, the chtullu speculation turned out to be false as it was actually the nurgle snail model.

so something like this?

Allegiance: Sylvaneth

Leaders
Treelord Ancient (300)
- General
- Trait: Gnarled Warrior
- Artefact: The Oaken Armour
- Deepwood Spell: Regrowth
Branchwych (80)
- Artefact: Ranu's Lamentiri
- Deepwood Spell: Verdant Blessing
Spirit of Durthu (400)
- Artefact: Glamourweave

Battleline
30 x Dryads (270)
5 x Tree-Revenants (80)
- Sylvaneth Battleline
5 x Tree-Revenants (80)
- Sylvaneth Battleline

Units
- Greatbows
- Greatbows

Battalions
Household (70)
Gnarlroot Wargrove (180)

Scenery

Total: 1900 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 99

Mostly Death stuff, at least to begin with.

This needed an update

Want to know how I know this pic was made by a skavenfag?

What would be a good starting point for a warriors of chaos or everchosen army if I'm new to aos? I like tzeentch, I like not spending a shitload of money at least to start, and I like the modeling aspect but I'm still new to it. And I like fluffy, thematic armies. Winning is fun too; doesn't need to be optimized but I'd rather not play something totally unviable either

Starting in the 500 to 1000 point range would be nice

Addiction to memes

>nothing can defeat an entire board of skeletons
>maniacal death player laughter

is he serious?

>kill 50% of a skeleton unit with your 5 blight kings
>Still lose the objective because outnumbered

or burn objectives

How does summoning work in Path to Glory? I'm asking from a FEC perspective. In the rulebook says:

Wizards can summon other units
during the course of a battle, but they
will vanish once the battle is over.

Does that mean that only the Aborrant Ghoul King can summon, even though he does it via Command Ability instead of casting a spell? Would I be an asshole if I used this:

AGK on Terrogheist
10 ghouls

And then summon in the crypt horrors? The big guy I think I need, cause I think I'm going to face a Treeman, a Shoggoth and a Megaboss on Maw-krusha. What would you guys suggest?

Summoning is completely unrestricted and unlimited so long as you have casters like narrative and open play, this leads to some blatant balance issues especially with armies like death and seraphon who summon entire armies by turn 3

that depends - are you playing open/narrative play or matched play

path to glory is usually open/narrative play

>implying the Nazis did anything wrong.

Yeah, I forgot to add that I'm limited to what I have, a SC! box. So, at most, I would summon in 3 crypt horrors while waiting to buy them with glory and rewards.

I must be honest, I didn't even know it's possible to play matched Path to glory. I'm going to guess open, since no one mentioned anything.

so are you saying that there is no point in taking anything but hordes then since nothing else will give you objective secured victory points?

Yes. Same reason beastclaw raiders suck. They ain't got the numbers. Same reason Order cheese lists include skink allies.

it's not that there's NO POINT in taking non-hordes. They're just extremely strong due to how most of the battleplans are written and any competitive list you make needs more than one way to deal.

Virtually every tier 1 army fields at least a few big hordes of guys for a reason. Add great maneuverability and strong shooting and you got yourself a top table list.

Fear not, there are exceptions, but they usually involve an invulnerable stardrake or an ironjawz player who literally can't stop rolling 6s.

fun game as bcr yesterday against the 'herds!

Yes, I know I need to do some freehand on the banners.

wait, why are lizardmen part of the "order" army?

Seriously?

Why shouldn't they? Order is basically all whom hate chaos and aren't: A) Greenskins and their ilk or B) Don't have Nagash bony boot shoved on their asses.

>I know shit-all about lizardmen

NEW DEATH RELEASE WHERE?

Had my first game of aos this sunday, just models from starter set and friend gave me demon prince for game so I had 1k points

Played agains Sigmar marines and won thanks to bunch of mortal wounds on my Flies cuting down his dracon knights.
Is way more enjoyable than WFB, but im not fan of low terain count and shooting in to and from combat.
Also generic Nurgle DP is weak 4+ to hit is a joke...and not funny.

that poor toddler looks scared as fuck

I'd bone her

Nurgle is meant to be resilient, not offensive.

They are but you gotta kill somehow.
Oh and also...WHY in the name of LORD heralds dont have spels? 40k herald can cast 2 a turn.

you can always use matched play rules. my flgs ran a patch to glory using the matched play rules of one and reinforcements, but used the tables to randomize our forces. it worked out pretty well.

aos is a modular game, play with whatever combination of rules you want

>extremely strong
Eh, I wouldn't go that far.

They're good but not "extremely strong".

>Virtually every tier 1 army fields at least a few big hordes of guys for a reason.
Literally none of the tier 1 armies use big hordes in their best lists. Tomb Kings, Seraphon, and Stormcast all use elite units.

They hate chaos
They want order, not random destruction
Theyre not death

They dont get along very well with any of the Order armies. Their only ally choice is stormcast

Just say fuck it to the terrain rules and make up little villages and hamlets for your battles as you see fit

AOS is not 40k

There are other nurgle wizards

Big demon, DP and?

great unclean one
rotbringer sorceror
festus
bloab (i think?)
glottkin
all the slaves to darkness with mark of nurgle

>They dont get along very well with any of the Order armies. Their only ally choice is stormcast

Well thanks, that's a good explanation for me.
I was wondering why an army of cold blooded lizards would be besties with dwarfs

Verminlord corruptor, StD Sorcerer lord on foot and on Manticore, Rotbringers sorcerer, Glottkin, one of the maggot riders are the first ones that come to my mind.

Were you using reinforcemente points for summoning in that campaign?

Why is pile in good?
My Heralds ability says after he attacks; a nearby bloodletter unit can then pile in and attack if they havent already attacked.
What makes this a better choice over just attacking with that nearby unit?

Yes

Players could choose to forfeit their normal follower reward for the equivalent reinforcement points

For example, if a player rolled kroxigors then they could choose to take 160 reinforcements instead

basically you get to do his attacks without letting your opponent get a swing in