MTG Commander/EDH General

Fucking Rich Fags Edition

Last time on /edhg/: RESOURCES

>Latest News:
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18749

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread Question
Do you play in a high-powered meta? What's your favorite expensive piece of tech for ruining someone's day?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/soul-and-sacrifice/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/growth-and-glory/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/enchantress-tokens/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/karametra-enchantress-melissa-game-knights-5/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/venom-and-vigor/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Thread question
In the Eye of Chaos, which I run in U/W Enchantress. Not like anyone ever runs World Enchantments, and getting rid of it is usually more hassle than its worth until it's too late.

Plus fuck that guy playing Baral.

>Fucking Rich Fags Edition
>tfw when the average income in my primary group is in the six figures but the decks are still more on the casual side

Reposting from last thread, as I didn't get any responses:
>Both commanders are Human
>1/3 of creature cards are Human
>No Trike/Persist combos
Is still worth it? I do run some pretty powerful ETB/LTBs and a fair number of sac outlets. I'm considering swapping him out to try Sheoldred in his place.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/soul-and-sacrifice/

>tfw when
Oops, excuse my minor dyslexia

>>Thread Question
>Do you play in a high-powered meta? What's your favorite expensive piece of tech for ruining someone's day?
not really, and LD
also, how many things go infinite with this prick? i've put him in mizzix for value, but now i'm building around him more. what do y'all recommend?

>Thread Question
No. Which kind of bums me out because there are a number of high-tier decks I want to play, both with and against

I play on Xmage, so the lack of a budget limit means thr average power level is higher than paper

Someday, I hope to use this autist with Disallow and Paradox Engine against a richfag.
>Tfw table realizes I now own the stack.

I just bought one of those sassy bastards. Excellent taste.

Thank you! Glad to see people appreciate the Arcanist on this board.

On a different note, Ive ordered the best sorcery ever printed and a toolbox to accompany it. What nerf blaster do I buy??? I want something I can knock a deck over with but is compact enough to conceal. I am thinking the Modulus Regulator is a good option.

Blink effects mainly. Ghostly flicker and the like.

What's the most fun control commander for multiplayer

Highly subjective but I've had a lot of fun with Ephara control.

I think Sen Triplets looks like it would be even more fun though.

user, didn't you hear? Nerf War was banned.

WHAAAT
fuck that

>What's your favorite expensive piece of tech for ruining someone's day?
It's not expensive, but it ruins artifact decks all the same.

It's explicitly because people were vowing to bring the Hyperfuck Turbo Cannon EX 9000 Supreme as their gun and deliberately try to damage other peoples cards.

I mean, I planned on bringing a substitute deck for people that don't want me to fire foam darts at their cards so maybe I can see if people are still onboard with it.
Really disappointed though.

Goddamn salty turbocompetitivefags ruining everything

Just play buzzbark, tutor kark's thumb(s) and roll 10 million dice.

It was the fault of near mythical creatures, the Un-Spikes.

>roll 10 million dice
Good luck dropping them from almost 8 miles above the table.

we will just have to use some sorta vidya engine to simulate

It's easier than that:
>get metal dice
>tape magnets under the table
>throw your dice straight up into the air
>by the power of neodymium, your dice shall kill cards

>you'll never be able to attack with a disposable creature > howl of the horde with raid > increasing vengeance targeting horde > flashback increasing vengeance targeting horde > cast nerf war for EIGHT whole clips

They should have banned Buzzbark as well. I've seen as many people talking about how best to abuse it to damage cards as there were people talking about Nerf War.

>my playgroup has no interest in uncards
>we also play without the tuck rule, so I can voidstalker zur no problem
>MLD is just fine, as is stax, as is various other things people bitch about
>I'm the poorfag and I run mana crypt, mana drain, and full sets of fetches and shocks

The simple and easy solution to dealing with Buzzbark fags is to bring a stack of toploaders and place one on top of each of your permanents before they drop the dice.

I play mostly casual standard, but I'm interested in getting into EDH at my game store. I have the Inalla precon, any recommendations for upgrades? Low to mid budget range.

No! Il bring a substitute deck of like 92 lands and Im sure my LGS players will be cool with it.
They have to! Ive been a good player to them all these years...

Your group sounds great. Any group where you're faced with MLD and stax is immediately better in my opinion. No sarcasm.

>basics

this is really mean. were they so afraid of printing another scapeshift?

I actually really like this image. Have one of my favorites user

I agree very much. Every time I see people complaining about land destruction and stax I just get glad that I'm not stuck playing against people who get upset so easily over a game

The very first thing it does is teach you to build on a reasonable curve. The second thing it does is teach you how important removal is. If you can't ramp and deal with artifacts/enchantments, you're totally fudged. Some players just cant handle it, but they always come back with better constructed decks after playing with us.

Considering where that card is now, probably.

What makes this card so good?

Cards that you want in your graveyard.

I hope you have enough toploaders that vary in heights from 1-24 inches, then.

Storm.

You can use the mana to cast your commander. Really good for decks that aren't hand-reliant (Wanderer, Kess, Sharuum, etc)

The point isn't to stop the dice from falling, it's to prevent them from making dents in your cards.

>Mind's Desire Doomsday piles
What the fuck is this witchcraft

Splinter twin and rite of replication both go boom with him I believe.

Help me cut ~20 of these +1/+1 counter based cards, so I can make room for a bit of good stuff and utility.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/growth-and-glory/

I have no damn clue what I want to build. There's so many damn options. Already have Alesha and Grenzo dungeon warden but they're kind of similar so I'm going to get rid of one of them (Alesha).

I want something totally out there with some wacky ass combos.

Don't forget to also add Swarm intelligence + possibility storm

>Cheap
>Wacky
>Presumably freeing up some Red staples soon

Could build Zada.

>Not like anyone ever runs World Enchantments
Sounds like you play with a group of scrubs.

zarmek guildmage
lifeblood hydra
animation module
ordeal of nylea
inexorsable tide
gyre sage is actually not very good
lifecrafter's gift

My Silumgar steal shit jank has been locked out a couple times by a friend's GW hexproof/shroud enchantment recursion.

The arcane lighthouse bailed me out once, but I finally went looking for anti-enchantment in BU and found pic related. Anything else I should look for to get around that fuckery and steal shit?

I need a deck that can make one person absolutely miserable. Everyone else can play as desired, but I want to make one person overflow with seething hatred.

The answer is always Zedruu

Golgari Glissa

Mindslaver them forever

Taigam counterspells + enchant player buttrape

Anything hard control with lots of counterspells. Counter their spells exclusively.

Azami works pretty well for that, and plus it can also win games.

Wait what? That's a thing? How would that even work?

>Do you play in a high-powered meta?
No.

>What's your favorite expensive piece of tech for ruining someone's day?
OP's pic is pretty good, though it was 5 bucks when I picked it up. Land Equilibrium might have it beat, but again it's tripled in price since I actually got it.

>It was the fault of near mythical creatures, the Un-Spikes.
>near mythical
Oh you sweet, summer child, who has not seen how un-cards bring out the worst in people...

They'll be miserable when they are dead

user probably forgot how minds desire works

>one guy always targets my shit because he knows I'll get salty
>despite there being other, bigger threats on the board
>gets saltier than me when he loses to said threats

I'm trying to think of what to do with my Christmas Money. I know I want a new deck. Currently I'm the main steal target of my meta's local Scarab God because "[He] Knows that [I] Always have the best shit to steal." I'm torn on what to build.
>Oldgurda Enchantress Auratron
>Zedruu.dek
>GAAIV
>Maelstrom Wanderer

Currently have in top down order of enjoyment/play time
>Marduchesa
>BUG Sidisi Self-Mill
>Nekusar.dek
>Oloro.dek that I'm thinking of converting to Sydri
>Roon flicker/etb that i find very gay and unfun

>want to build a cEDH deck
>know my regular group will get pissy and not want to play against it
>still want it if randos at the shop decide to bust out other high-tier decks

Question: Do spells cast before you have Aetherflux Reservoir on the field count towards its pseudo-Storm count?

Yep
Another tip with Aetherflux Reservoir is you can hold priority to the trigger and put another instant on top of the trigger, increasing the amount of life you gain from that trigger.

I don’t play in a particularly high-power meta, but there are about 8-10 people in the area with 75-70% decks that I occasionally play against. The majority is budget builds/people who keep moving from deck to deck.

It brings up a good question though: how does one go about properly upgrading a deck without just jamming goodstuff, and how do you know when to keep/cut synergies for raw power (e.g. Coiling Oracle vs. Oracle of Mul Daya in Roon, Avenger of Zendikar vs. Sylvan Library in RG Omnath, etc.)

tabernacle and moat in my avacyn deck
our group doesnt drop richfag bucks we've all been playing since forever

abur duels and the like are common in our group
average cost of our decks are prob 2-3k each

Baral. Just lock on to your victim, loot away anything that's not a counterspell, and never let them do a damn thing. You'll have no gas for anyone else but you'll take your mark down with you.

>cast buzzbark for X = 10 million
>have to get that high up to drop dice
>immediately disaqualified for slow play

So being able to git gud vs LD and stax is cool, but the tuck thing is seriously just an oversight/loophole that wasn't intended.

Fuck the tuck rules change, it was one of their most misguided changes in a long line of continuous fuckups.

>being able to answer commanders like Derevi is against the spirit of EDH :^)

It's more like derevi is the mistake there.

>Wrath of God? command zone
>Final Judgment? command zone
>Evacuation into Wheel of Fortune? command zone
>Hallowed Burial? NO FUCKING COMMAND ZONE ALLOWED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I think I have a problem.

Is the problem that you appear to be running blue in Blaxos?
For real though, can I get that list?

>Thread Question
OP image, because I found it for a penny at a small LGS, and I like stax and LD effects.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/enchantress-tokens/

This is one of the newer decks so it's still kinda in construction. Most (like 95%) of the cards in here are going to be in the final list but I'm waiting on actually having some spending money to spend on cards in the first place.

Talrand. Tell that special someone they don't get to play Magic today. Counter everything they do and finish them off with the drake tokens.

Yawmahgehrds Will

Man are there even enough counters?

Do you share pieces between Godo and Slobad? I ran both in the past and found that a lot of the mana rocks in Godo eventually found their way in to Slobad (which is now a Karn deck)

>fucking around with competitive Dralnu lists
>realizing I'm too stupid to properly assemble Doomsday piles

I know like 2 piles that work. God damn you really need to know your cards and your deck for that shit to go off.

I'm on 30 decks, user, don't worry about yourself.

Sol ring is a fine card.

>modern is so boring to discuss that they spend their time coming up with low quality bait for /edhg/

>thatguy constantly counters my looting instead of saving it for real threats
>counter one of his spells with pic related out
>he throws a tantrum hissy fit like a toddler and spite scoops

well shit i've been found out.

well it was fun folks

Keep fucking around. Doomsday is tough to really get a good hold on.

Stax mono artifacts and clock of omens. Your stuff should only be untapped when his turn starts, tap it at EoT, so it doesnt affect anyone else. Probably helmed by memnarch for artifact tutors, counterspells, and his inherent dickishness.

Is your Karametra this?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/karametra-enchantress-melissa-game-knights-5/

Does anyone have a decent Hapatra list? I want to take some notes on the landbase.

What the fuck? Found this at target, should I pick it up?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/venom-and-vigor/

This has been working pretty decently for me.

there's still a ton of answers to commanders user

It's likely packs and not the bulk Commander precons, so I'd avoid it.

Maybe, but only because Khans is there.

I know it's packs, but it has og innistrad, khans, and maze

Literally no one wants maze though.