Will this be good? Should I pre-order it?

Will this be good? Should I pre-order it?

No, and no.

You should be ashamed for thinking this will be good.

Shame. Shame on you.

Go away.

Yeah, Rob Sanders is a good author. However, the subject material is the Alpha Legion so expect a mindfuck so if that's your taste of story then go ahead.

>buying WH books
What are you, twelve?

>Pre-ordering
>Anything
>Ever
FUCKING WHY WOULD YOU UNLESS YOU ARE COMPLETELY SURE OF THE QUALITY AND GAIN SOME ADDITIONAL BENIFIT?

Thats actually some cool art.

I appreciate that it's not just the model's pose for once.

AL seems to be going through a identity crisis between how GW and BL write for them (full Chaos douchbags or mysterious motive anti-heroes).

It's just funny, because unlike any other faction,no matter how you write them it will always work.

I feel the more lore we get for them the better they will actually become, period.

GW just neglects them because they are so counter to the heroic themes they want to base the setting around.

Rob Sanders' books are usually good. I've heard that Andy Clark's Alpha Legion book was a shitfest.

This is one of the few upcoming BL books to pique my interest, desu....Really not interested in much of late from them unless it's penned by Peter Fehervari.

boob tentacles

>Tfw authors do AL justice, but keep writing the IW as idiotic chaos worshipers when they are power hungry warriors who don't worship chaos but use it as a tool and are bionic filled

It hurts to see how much art of the IW makes them look and act no different than Black Legion...

Anything with Alpha Legion involved sucks

>tfw your legion has the purest geneseed in the galaxy and you're suppose to act like a traitor.

Just graft mechadendrites in random places on my armor and change the voice synthesizer to sound spoopy.

That's just what Alpharius would say to throw us off the trail.

Those are the frutiy-assest Muhreens I've ever seen, and I've seen some Slaneeshi shit in my days.

>Andy Clark's Alpha Legion
shroud of night was passable.

>AL seems to be going through a identity crisis between how GW and BL write for them (full Chaos douchbags or mysterious motive anti-heroes).
Why can't they be both? Different warbands believe in different things.

Iron Warriors (and Night Lords) are the go-to legion for jobbing. Whenever the protagonists need to curbstomp some Chaos Space Marines it’s almost always Pert’s bitterboys. I can’t remember a single time they had a notable victory besides sucker punching loyalists at the Dropsite Massacre. (the Iron Cage was explicitly a tie, nice try IWfags)

>I can’t remember a single time they had a notable victory besides sucker punching loyalists at the Dropsite Massacre.
Stealing a shit ton of geneseed

Storm of Iron was a long time ago.

Is it actually good? Never read the very old stuff...

ymmv but the early 2000s 40k novels are some of the better. Storm of Iron strongly defined the hazard stripes, bitter grindfest siege asshole character of the iron warriors.

Daemon World, Lord of Night, Pawns of Chaos, the Eisenhorn series are also worth a read if you like dark pulpy scifantasy with a chaos focus. Jury's still out on the Night Lord series, I enjoyed it but people get mad on the internet about it sometimes. The Word Barer series I don't remember as well, it was sort of fun in the DASTARDLY EVIL way.

The summary makes it like the leader wants redemption, which I'm guessing he won't get, but it promises an interesting read.

Shroud of Night was all right to good. Nothing to cream my pants about but a nice read nonetheless.

Seeing loyalists shit themselves when seeing Kharn was pretty funny, onstead of the usual grim acceptance or delusion that they can win.

Despite cool characters, the "Shroud of Night" was shit as shit.

Rob Sanders wrote a nice HH short about the Alpha Legion. I think it will be decent.

Don't reorder it thought, just wait.

Lord of the Night was boss. Sahaal and Curze really had an "evil Batman" style back then instead of just being bland sadistic psychos.

>Why can't they be both? Different warbands believe in different things.

You can have both, that was the point of the post.

More than any other legion, they probably have the most diverse motives, beliefs and goals. The only unifying theme is they have to be sneaky, opportunistic pricks.

This thread isnt about Dark Angles.

>is a 40k novel good

>It's just funny, because unlike any other faction,no matter how you write them it will always work.
No, it doesn't. Lack of consistence is horrible, even for a meme legion like the AL

Yes and Yes.

Night Lords series is top tier BL, maybe the best series from BL.

>Uszas did nothing wrong

WHERE DID YOU GET THIS HOLOPIC OF ME(S)?