Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Temporarily out of stock edition

Previous

>duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=rohfWzVCeHQ

>FAQ update
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/15/the-future-of-faqs-and-chapter-approved-dec-15gw-homepage-post-2/

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer Updated for Tyranids? Math-user requests vetting
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=22&v=-rs2-4YL6aU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>First for soyboys with same beards and same glasses invasion

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=22&v=-rs2-4YL6aU

3st for chaos

*th for NURGLE

Why does Veeky Forums have the biggest hate bonner for Dark Angels? Theres way more boring factions,way more generic.

I don't get it, you guys just seem to fucking dispise them? I don't think they are the best but is this a meme or somrthing, I really don't understand it.

Faggots not welcome.

They're the faggot faction.

Because Dangels are 1. based of a gay guy and 2. they are shit.

I should put more effort for 3ple dubs.

Has some one already used nurgle-ticks(pic)?? how are they?

MUH FALLEN
MUH LION
MUH NOT CHAOS BUT MIGHT BE CHAOS HEHE

Boring.

It's just a vocal minority.
Retards that nobody cares

>MUH NOT CHAOS BUT MIGHT BE CHAOS HEHE
Isn't that Alpha Legion?

Space Wolves are hated more due to being furries.

Reverse that phrase and you have the Alpha Legion

Good knews everyone. Today's Audiobook "Rage of Asmodai" continues the story of Pandorax a bit. The guy that Asmodai was after turns out to be a Black Legionnaire. After torturing the shit out of him, he asks him about Epimetheus. Despite being utterly broken, the Black Legionnaire laughs and through broken teeth and mutilated mouth the traitor marine speaks about what happened to Epimetheus through we don't get to hear clearly.

This makes Asmodai angry and he leaves the traitor marine who is at the point begging to be killed to rot in agony instead of killing like he prmoised. This implies that the worst has happened. Epimetheus might have been turned into the Avatar of Slaanesh already by Fulgrim

Shit rules. Literally unplayable without spamming ravenwing and at that point you're a WAACfag. Lion is an autistic madchild. Black Library try to make this cool or seem interesting by saying "Oh its because he spent his entire childhood/teen years hiding in the forest from chaos monsters" but thats just shit writing. He never does anthing interesting in the books except telling Guilliman to fuck off and blowing up planets to kill his other autistic brother Curze then gets his ass spanked and his sword broken for doing so. THEN to top it off, dies to a fucking normal human who isn't even a full space marine.

What? The Lion defeated Curze and broke his back.

Go be a faggot somewhere else

Calm your tits Thorpe. Just because your writing is shit doesn't mean you have to hate everyone else.

>Normal human

>filled with the power of chaos

Youre so cucked it hurts, pure DW was competetive unless you have the skills of a 9 yr old or go to autistic tourney.

Guilliman gives him a telling off though.

>>filled with the power of chaos

He wasn't even marked by Chaos. So he should be below Abaddon in strength.

So what unit is going to be squatted next? We got Hive Tyrants, Blood Angel Tactical Squads and Fire Warriors. What is next on the chopping block.

Unfairly but because of the Lion's capture of Curze they all realized that the Emperor was alive.

Whats some good anti-tank options for blood angels?

Im trying to avoid tanks as my force is extremley mobile. Ive got some thunderhammer and some inferno pistols but I need some more

Thinking about a flyer or some bikes

>Knight aesphetics
Black Templars do it better

>Deathwing
Cant take catephracti or tartaros armour. No special rules, worst army in 8th

>Ravenwing
White Scars are better

>Shooty army
Can't take hald the shooty stuff, and its fucking boring to sit in one place

>Asmodai
He trys to hard to be edgy and cool. This character drives me insane

>Fallen
Not interesting, horus heresy killed your whole slick

>Lion
Autistic

>Avatar of Slaanesh
Then what's the Yncarne?

All primarchs were bad written

So why do you find these updated rules and faq? only one i can find is an old one from the index days

White Scars are cooler, ravenwing are signficantly better than them in game atm.

>White Scars are better
Lol. Ravenguard are White Scars+1

They're alright but not worth using just for the weapons. You need to combo them with footslogging infantry to really make them shine. Having blobs of 2+ armor plague marines or 6+/5+++ zombies is pretty neat. If you're looking to use tough daemon engines for shooting then always stick with the crawlers.

Sell me on the crawlers.

Those things are only hitting on 4+ if they don’t move and heavy d6 is not very reliable.

Why not use the points on helbrutes, deamon princes or blightlords?

How do Eldar view Space Marines? Do they still consider them Mon-keigh or what? I know the think the Emperor is a dead human farseer they all worship or something.

Chart-user still here, still calculating 1v1 matchups. Hit me with 2 units and let's see who wins.

they aren't penalized for moving and firing heavy weapons, it's 3+ if you take 3 in a unit, they grant a -1 to hit to infantry within a range of them (which can be huge if yo take a unit of 3), they're about 60% more durable than a hellbrute, come with the long range hellbrute load out while still keeping a melee weapon and flamer which are both plague weapons. They're nurgle daemons, so they synergize with all kinds of things like heralds and epidemius... I could go on - but basically they're better than hellbrutes point for point - much better if you're willing to invest in 3 and infantry blob strategies.

wait, what happened to hive tyrants.

So I'm just about to take my first step into painting 40k minis. What is usually the easiest army to paint for a beginner? I assume spess mreens due to their big armor-ey proportions. Thinking of starting with pic related. Should I go with that $10 pack of Generic Marines instead?

Lelith Hesperax with new CA wych trait vs Bobby G, how long until Lelith dies?

Depends, do you like DA?

Those are Blighthaulers?

Most definitely, though I don't have a hard favorite chapter. I most like the decent price of 10 figures with a vehicle for $55.

Necrons are the easiest. Space marines are pretty easy though.

Can regular CSM Legions use the Plagueburst crawler or is it Death guard only?

ya, they cost a little more but they're usually worth it (unless something changed drastically in chapter approve). i shouldn't have said they have the "long range" load out of dreads though, more like medium range + the heavy flamer.

Go read through the thread. You dont want to be playing Dark Angels

Its better to start with an army that you actually really like the look/feel/fluff/playstyle of, rather than cheapness/easyness to paint.

You'll get angry at yourself after painting the 30th model for an army you dont actually like.
Everybody starts out shit. Just start practicing on your basic dudes, so you can make your bigger centerpiece models and characters look real nice.

As for easiest army to paint, necrons. Literally
>Spraycoat silver
>dunk in a wash, agrax or nuln oil
>drybrush with silver
>done.

why not, they seem like the best

What are the power levels for the Chaos Gods? Khorne is top dog right? What about the others?

disregard these
even if you dont want to play DA you can still paint those up as any other SM
also, dont get the easy to build SM, they are shit.
55 for Rhino + 10 marines seems ok, since you'd probably use both if you want to play marines
hes right

Get colored spray paint and apply it. Then wash everything in a darker tone of previous color. Drybrush with a lighter tone. Then paint in details. Base with glue and static grass.

Each day that passes is another day towards a non-marine/chaos release. And that's what keeps me hoping.

>He doesn't know
I am so sorry user.

No I was talking about crawlers, not haulers

Bloody gw and their bullshit unit names

plastic sisters soon my friend

They are gay.

Khorne is always dominant number 1#, followed closely by Tzeentch, Nurgle is third but that'a due to his power being always in flux, and Slaanesh is dead last.

barbed hierodule vs khorne lord of skulls.

Demons is next codex.

ya i fail, seriously too much blight.

I figured Nurgle would be more powerful considering how stagnant the Imperium is.

Ignore him, he's an epic memer.

Dark Angels are really good in game, Ravenwing is near unstopable. Even before the codex I was killed Mortarion and the Death Guard with them quiet easily. With a Codex, even better.

Warmaster PDF anyone?

what codices are still missing at this point?

Because helbrutes and blightlords die to a stiff breeze, even with Fnp. The crawler will keep chugging along after your opponent wastes his time trying to shoot them, all because he can't ignore something that does almost as much damage as a las pred.

Point per damage makes them 75% as efficient as a las pred, but points per wound makes them 300% more efficient.

Demons
1k sons
Deathwatch

Daemons, Deathwatch, Inquisition, Sororitas, Orks, Necrons, Dark Eldar, Harlequins, Genestealer Cults, Tau, Black Templars

Tau, Necrons, Orks, Sisters, Inquisition, Deathwatch, 1k Sons, Knights, Dark Eldar, Harlequins, Space Wolves, Genestealers.

Most of Xenos, a few power armour flavours, and some miscellaneous stuff

Multimelta Attack Bikes like every other Marine chapter. I admit they're not fluffy for BA, but they sure get the job done.

desu I'm not heavy into the meta, I'm just getting a small army to play casually with some friends. I'm just here for the building/painting

Nothing happened. Some WAACer just doesn't get what "squatted" means

Drop-pod, 8 Sternguard with Combi Melta, Captain, Lieutenant. Deliver where required, shoot the tanks with the Melta and nearby infantry with the bolters.

If you want to use Legion traits, then no, other legions cannot use the Crawler. If you're willing to make one, say, Iron Warriors detachment and one Death Guard detachment consisting of 3 Crawlers and a throwaway HQ, that totally works, though.

Orks, Necrons, Tau, Demons, Eldar, Thousand Sons, Furfags.

>Every fucking TS list either has Magnus or Changeling daemonspam
Treat my legion like shit since 3.5 and then give them a single trick and suddenly everybody's abusing the shit out of it. WAACfags ruin everything. GW is going to nerf the shit out of our eventual codex and the whining will never cease.

What's the value of using Havocs over similarly equipped Predators or Contemptor Dreads?

Mine doesn't, but then again I'm not running any named characters and my list is utter shit :)

At least they are mine though

At least GW cares about you

Thx m8, gonna be my next buy in new year.

No-one cares about the Iron Trench Diggers, that's why they rebelled.

Giving her an Impaler since it's marginally les shit, and +1S drug because S3 offends me. Lelith does surprisingly well all things considered, S4 with full rerolls gives her a better than even chance of wounding, she'll get a good bonus out of the WT, and her shit AP doesn't matter because RG has a 3++ anyway. She deals 2.59 wounds per turn, taking 2.7 turns to kill Roboute. In return, RG deals 7.34 wounds per round, not counting shooting, smearing her across the wall in 0.68 turns.

>Want to play Death Guard
>Check everything
>Want to play a unit of Blightlord Terminators with 4 Baleswords and a Flail of Corruption
>Check the sprues online
>IT'S JUST 3 BALESWORDS AND 3 BUBOTIC AXES IN EACH KIT

FUCK THIS
NOW I HAVE TO BUY AN EXTRA ARM IN SOME STUPID BITS STORE THAT WILL CHARGE ME 30 DOLLARS FOR SHIPPING A SINGLE BIT THAT WILL TAKE LIKE 3 MONTHS TO ARRIVE IN MY COUNTRY WITH NO TRACKING WHATSOEVER AND WHEN IT FINALLY ARRIVES I WILL HAVE CHANGED MY PLANS IN THE MEANWHILE AND RESTART THAT BLACK TEMPLARS ARMY I BEGAN SOME TIME AGO

IF THE RULESHEET SAYS THAT EVERYONE CAN CARRY EITHER A BUBOTIC AXE OR A BALESWORD THE SPRUES SHOULD FEATURE 5 OF EACH WEAPON, NOT 3
NOW I HAVE TO REWRITE MY ENTIRE ARMY LIST BECAUSE I CAN'T PLAY 4 BALESWORDS IN A 5 MEN UNIT WITHOUT PAYING EXTRA CASH FOR A SINGLE BIT

They're cheaper, can move through terrain more easily (which they should never have to) and have a wider variety of weapons.

That said, this edition, there's very little reason not to use a Predator instead of Devastators/Havocs.

Abaddon vs Robby G

Just get a power sword from someone and nurglefy it with greenstuff.

should i get a hammerhead or some kroot?
also, whats a good and cheap gw to scavenge for universaly usefull conversion bits?

Aw, poor babby. Now don't look at the combi-weapons or you'll get another fit as you realize that there's only one flamer, one melta and one plasma bit in each box.

Personally I can just use Blightlord parts for the melee weapons, but honestly, either buy that ETB box which has one sword dude and one axe dude or just buy two boxes of Blightlord so you can make one squad just with axes and one just with swords.

>GW cares about 1ks
lol no, we got a model update which hardly has any models, especially when you look at what DG got, we are ass outside of Magnus, and he is mainly used in soup armies for being good rather than thousand sons ones, smite nerf is going to kill us for good and I doubt our codex will do anything for us at all. I'd prefer to be ignored at this point, and least there's no pretending to give a fuck from GW when you're flat out ignored.

That would be fine IF ONLY I HAD THE ABILITY TO CUT ARMS AT THE WRIST TO GLUE A NEW HAND WITHOUT MAKING A MESS ALSO NURGLE DUDES HOLD THEIR MELEE WEAPONS WITH THEIR LEFT HAND THERE ARE NO OTHER LEFT-HANDED TERMINATORS IN THE ENTIRE GAME FUCK THIS I'M JUST PLAYING A DUMB BUBOTIC AXE WITH ITS USELESS VP -2 THAT EVERYONE AND THEIR DOG CAN STILL SAVE

>My supplemental army isn't viable on its own!
I mean I could try to play mono-harlequins, but that's fucking stupid.
It is bullshit that DG got a full army while TS were relegated to being a support faction

I want to post my list for some advice but how do you turn a Battlescribe list into a picture like what is posted often in these threads?

You get your own codex. Quit bitching.

Or you could just cut the axe part off an axe hand and swap it out with a sword's top.

>Now don't look at the combi-weapons or you'll get another fit as you realize that there's only one flamer, one melta and one plasma bit in each box.
Who cares, I'm playing a single combimelta and 3 combibolters.

Harlequins aren't bad on their own. Not S tier tournament stuff and a bit mono build but, playable.

So exactly like Thousand Sons. That was the point I was making in that post.

How is Midzilla as a concept? A Nid army focused on the general stuff that's bigger than gants and smaller than fexes.