Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

Peak shitposting hours, edition.

>duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=OoZcV8nwacg

>FAQ update
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/15/the-future-of-faqs-and-chapter-approved-dec-15gw-homepage-post-2/

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer Updated for Tyranids? Math-user requests vetting
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

paintbard
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/18/warhammer-heroes-the-rewards-of-heroism-dec-18gw-homepage-post-1/
youtube.com/user/Warpgazer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Children of the Emperor, Death to his foes!

1rd for chaos

I keep taking b6 but I just can't dream anymore.

How do I paint rust anons?

Isn't it just a sponge with some Orange paint?

dip a toothbrush in orange paint and get a-flickin'

Dry brush a nice brown on first if you want it to be heavily rusted.

Old rust or fresh rust?
Speckles of rust or a deeply rusted and peeling surface?

>being unable to dream
Jesus Christ

>THE EMPRA PROTEKS

Can Kreig take relics?

paintbard dot blogspot
dot co dot uk/2011/01/painting-rust-effects.html

Several different and really good rust effects shown here.

Old and deep. My chapter's supposed to be on a long penitent crusade far from hearth, help and home.

I think the mormentos memori is supposed to be their 'relic'

>
You can do better than that user.

1) Apply a coat of primer designed for all surfaces and allow it dry. Drying times vary for different brands of primer, which is why you should always follow the manufacturer's instructions.

2) Paint a base coat of white acrylic latex paint on the object receiving the rust effect. Sprinkle clean sand over the random areas on the object while the paint is still wet, and allow it to dry for a minimum of 12 hours. Applying sand will give the object the look of oxidation or rough areas where rust forms. This step is optional, and is not absolutely necessary if you do not want the rough texture.

3) Pick the object up and turn it over to allow excess sand to fall off of it before applying the next coat of paint.

4) Apply dark brown paint to the object by stippling it on the surface. Stippling means to dip the brush into the paint and dab the paint on instead of brushing it on. Do not completely cover the object with the brown paint. You want to be able to see the base coat of paint and sand through the brown in random areas on the object.

5) Wash out the paintbrush and stipple the terracotta color paint on the exposed areas of the object that were not covered with the brown paint. Allow the object to dry overnight.

no - there was an FAQ that says Krieg are essentially treated like deathguard, thousand sons, blood angels, etc.

Wait for forgeworld to release their "codex" never. then You'll have access to krieg relics and strategems

in the mean time, take a normal guard detachment alongside your krieg to unlock strategems (that will for the most part affect your krieg as well) and let your guard characters use relics and warlord traits, if you take a normal guard warlord.

If I paint up some Deathwing Knights as Termie Swordbros for my Black Templars, would keeping the censer mauls like pic related set off your 'tisms? Or are they thematically ok for BTs?

6) Use the water bottle to spray water on the entire object. Use the stipple technique to apply the gray paint over the entire surface of the object, and allow it to dry. The object will most likely need to dry overnight because of the water. The gray paint fades out the brown and terracotta paint, which gives the effect of rust beginning to form through the original metal.

7) Spray the surface of the object with water and splatter the orange paint on random areas across the object. The orange paint should be splattered on areas where rust would naturally form. Hold a paint stick in one hand, and tap the edge of the 1/4-inch paintbrush on the edge of the paint stick. The bristles should be overhanging the edge of the paint stick. This technique will give you control over where the splatters land. Natural rust formation usually occurs along the edges, and on ridges that might collect water.

8) Use the rag to dab the orange paint after you splatter it. Dabbing the paint will flatten the splatters and make them appear like the formation of rust.

9) Allow the newly faux finished object to completely dry before placing it outside. Wait for 24 hours, or at least overnight.

Thanks all.

>want to try Death Guard
>not skilled enough to make them look good

this looks way easier to paint

black base coat, two thin coats of sand and red colors, a little agrax or nuln oil shading, and highlighting the edges and presto

other than the flail yeah, it basically a relic

yes, t'au aren't too bad to paint

>"okay, how can I make the edgiest marines possible?"

Yeah, it kinda sucks. I've tried all kinds of Lucid dreaming techniques but I guess some people don't have the mind for it.

castellum stronghold. good, decent, or bad?

Apply lots of Typhus Corrosion, dry brush Ryza Rust over that.

I'd personally swap the Mauls for Thunderhammers.

>Black Templars
>not holding swords
I mean your pic looks great but with swords I think it would be awesome.

Magnus vs 2000k points Imperial Knight army.

Who wins?

>2000
>k

Just fuck my life.

Everyone's patience

>edgiest marines possible
Ignoring the obvious competitors for that title, what's so edgy about Marines in tabards?

You know whom you need to become.

>2000k
God damn, he went and pissed off the whole household huh

dark angels are already edgy as fuck, but you made them black and red

that's a new level of edge

>2 million points of knights
Magnus

Here's hoping he brought House Chromatic with him

That's something like 65,000 knights.

2,234 knight Porphyrions

Demon magnus is more powerful than heresy magnus right?

If heresy magnus could transport a planet to the warp, why doesnt demon magnus just transport imperial planets into the warp constantly

500 warlord titans

He needed to steal the power of Fenris plus destroy another world to do that once. He can't do it usually.

He's got a narrative to forge. No time for fanwank.

>500 warlord titans
Theyre 6000 points now, stop cheating

So I got some old Kasrkins and I want to use them as Inquisitorial Stormtroopers. For my color scheme, I'm thinking maroon armor plating, charcoal-grey cloth, and blue lenses. The maroon is because I've been using that as the main color that ties all my Inquisitors together. What color should I do the guns as? Would gunmetal grey work, or would brass be better with that scheme?

FUCK

warhammer-community.com/2017/12/18/warhammer-heroes-the-rewards-of-heroism-dec-18gw-homepage-post-1/
So, Veeky Forums, who did you vote on Warhammer Hero? I hope it was Erasmus Brosdau.

2 Venerable Dreadnoughts with twin las-cannons+fist and stormbolter or 2 Mortis Dreadnoughts with quad las-cannons? I play Deathwatch and other than fragcannons these boys will be my anti-armor

Heresy Magnus can also grow to wrestle Titans and could blow up ships with Mind Bullets.

The only reason Magnus doesn't do anything Right is the authors handed him an idiot ball to prevent him from breaking the setting.

Nobody, because I don't give two shits about some popularity contest.

is chinaman still around?

So this year the Imperium of Man got itself an Eldar queen, tell me 40kg, how do you feel about T H I C C tights?

>So, Veeky Forums, who did you vote on Warhammer Hero? I hope it was Erasmus Brosdau.

I voted Based Chinaman

>Erasmus Brosdau
Who?

Or 666,667 gretchin, but one of them got lieutenant Dan'd

333 Twin volcano cannon and quad blazer destructor warlords still do 54,404 wounds to Magnus on average, just enough to kill him

>Thicc
That shit is more like S T I C C

>Who?
Man, you've been living under the rock, have you?
youtube.com/user/Warpgazer

Well done, Brother!

I like to imagine the guy posting the initial question cramming a large cushion over his head, rolling his eyes so hard he's doing himself permanent physical damage.

Your Gretchen deal 9,259 wounds to Magnus at 12", so if you somehow manage to stick sm64 all in, you're golden

>MWG runs Magnus
>Forgets he can reroll 1s or that he has +2 to casting

So guy who is making some film for 6 years and haven't finished yet.
What's so special about him?

But what about 2,000,000 points of brimstones?

Shit, I expected them to get like, 7 through, given how shit they usually are.

>that tabbard
Appreciated user, 10/10

Citizen, it seems you might have an issue with you computer, please tell us your location and remain there so we can send an arbites to assist you.

My entire Templar army is dark angel vets, so I'm ok with this

Those are black templars using DW models...

>the virgin Magnus

>the Chad WarlordWarlordWarlordWarlordWarlordWarlordWarlordWarlordWarlordWarlordWarlordWarlordWarlordWarlordWarlordWarlordWarlordWarlordWarlordWarlordWarlordWarlordWarlordWarlordWarlordWarlordWarlordWarlordWarlordWarlordWarlordWarlordWarlord titan

Never played yet but plan on spending my Christmas bonus on an army to play with my friends 20 power army.

How would a Primaris only Iron Hands army perform? They look fun a shit to play. Are they a bitch to paint? How are their upgrade conversion kits? How different do they play compared to Death Guard?

Because daemon Magnus is limited with the warp juice he can pull unless he has a stable link to the warp.
It's why

>giving two shits about some youtuber = living under a rock

>MWG runs Magnus
>MWG "forgetting" rules?
>No. MWG is playing using the currently unreleased Codex: Thousand Sons.

Hilariously enough, he decided to use his Magnus to charge chaff instead of Stormsurge.

>How would a Primaris only Iron Hands army perform?
Ded 'ard, but with the standard primaris weaknesses.
>paint
Not anymore than most, and they have more area.
>conversion kits
Are eh at best.
>compared to DG
Not at all the same, as you have more of the standard SM kit at your disposal.

What are some good allies for Grey Knights? I started playing at the beginning of 7th edition because I loved the idea of Space Paladins, but I'm having a really hard time winning games anymore, and that's to say nothing about fighting Tyranids. The only thing I have left to try is gun spam with 3x 10m Strikes and a bunch of Psilencer Purgators and playing like a pussy, which I really don't want to do.

Fluff-wise, Storm Troopers and an Inquisitor would be perfect, but are they any good this edition, or would I be hurting myself even more?

Pic related is purely for attention, and I can't paint that well to save my soul

>needs a bustle
anyways, you want thick, watermelon crushing thighs? Scions.

They've got quads so huge the standard imperial fatigues are basically form fitting on the miniatures.

Guard are the best allies for any imperial armies, bar none.

Thanks for the reply! What weakness would a Primaris only army have? I mentioned Death Guard because they both seem like the tanky armies

That banner tho.

Inquisitors aren't anything worth noting ruleswise, but I have a soft spot for them thematically.

Storm troopers are fuckin' good. A platoon can get a lot of work done.

Honestly GKs are trash. And only getting worse as each new Codex pushes them further behind.

I'd look at what GKs lack
>Long Range AT
>Anti-Chaff
>Boots on the ground. So more GKs can Deep Strike

While Scions are a fluffy choice. They don't really solve any of the GK weaknesses.

Yeah, I've been thinking Guard, and I've heard they're busted.

>Inquisitors
Inquisitors aren't anything worth noting ruleswise, but I have a soft spot for them thematically.
Me too man, and 100 points of fluff is totally worth it. If he manages to make his points back, great, if not, par for the course.

Yeah, we're in a pretty bad spot, not gonna lie. I played a 2500 point game against my buddy the other day (Nids) and between the dice gods telling me to get fucked and a few poor choices, I managed to kill 6 models by the end of T3 and 4 were from the explosion from my Stormraven. Draigo died from the explosion. It was the single worst game I've played, but largely due to dice

What do Scions bring me then? I'm not very familiar with Guard in general, other than I don't like Basilisks.

Guys, sell me on the plaguebursts, they don’t strike me as good.

>bs4+
>heavy d6 cannon
>default flamer weapons
>expensive lascannon option

They want to move, but they suffer badly for it. Plus their mortar is only heavy d6 which seems a bit trash at bs4/5

You can switch them over to the lascannon things, but then it starts to get expensive. They’re cheap enough for a pretty tough platform, but DG has a bunch of tough things already. Why not just take predators?

Entropy cannon and slugger is only 146 points. A trio of them with an Arch-Contaminator lord is extremely efficient, run the math.

How many Tempestus Scions would it take to take on a single Space Marine?

Do an image of this one please. Like the super Chad Titan.

>What do Scions bring me then?
Fluff.

Tbh Scions compete with Grey Knights.
>Both want to Deep Strike
>Both are good at destroying elite units / single model units
>Both are inefficient at dealing with hordes / killing at far distance.

You'd be better off with Guardsmen / Tanks if going with IG or hell even a Space Marine Detachment with Scouts as troops could give you the support you need.

>why not just take a predator
Because they're roughly the same in offensive point efficiency but the Plagueburst is far more durable.

Help me out bois. Do I either
>Expand my admech army
>Do a genestealer cults army
>Expand my deathwatch army

How big is your AdMech / Deathwatch collection?

Both are at 2000pts.

fluff? a squad of five working in tandem could probably do it

the problem is that marines scale exponentially and are basically never working solo

I want to replace the sword from the DA insignia for muh dudes' chapter.
Dubs decides the symbol I'll replace it with.

A throbbing cock

A mouth sucking a dick