>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU[Embed]

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo[Embed]
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>WIP's own 10-point painting scale:
pastebin.com/sxXFfws3

>Previous Threads:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l_uH54r0lP4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I(t) came!

Do any of you build armies just for display/fun? I can't get as many games in as I'd like and it's a bit of a bummer as the models feel unused

I didn't play a single game since I rejoined the hobby 1.5 years ago, currently just building and painting for fun.

Thank you so much Rohnert Park user! Stoked on the Xmas marines, they’ll fit well into my existing Unforgiven army. I can only identify the heads from the Ravenwing command box for sure. The others I’m not familiar enough with individual space marine kits to say, and the horned samurai looking head I have not seen before! I’ll never not use extra bitz, candy, brush soap, and dice, so this was a great haul!

Armies? No, but I paint up small warbands all the time just for fun. There are a ton of sci-fi and fantasy skirmish games out there, so whenever I see some minis that might make for a cool crew or gang, It makes for a fun project. I also don't warfare as often as I like, so most my stuff just sits on display.

I play very rarely, but still collect full game ready “forces” for each miniatures project I start

Anyone know what this model is? Looks like a digimon to me

For display and for play; they’re your works of art user so might as well show them off when they’re not on the display table!

Warmachine Mechanithrall
One of the old metal ones I believe

>Tfw ship bois said my present would get to user by Saturday
>It's now monday and tracking says it's still at the hub
FUCKING POSTAL BOYS REEEEEEEE

>Don't worry user, if it (Wave 1 SS) doesn't come Friday (15th) it'll be there on Monday (18th)
>9:30pm

welp

At this point pretty much only for fun and display, didn't actually get a single game of 8ed yet. It's getting to the point were I need my oponent to okay every single model anyway.

Undercoated my warpsmith and the necron warriors for the chameleon metallics paint test. Noticed I forgot to clean at some point during priming and couldn't be arsed to do that again. They'll probably get stripped again once I'm done taking pictures. Should get some gloss varnish on them within the week, no idea when the paints will arrive.

Hey NHanon, your gift says it's been delivered
Check your mailbox!

If you mean Nashua NH user, look up thread - I just got mine!

Austria user, I cant pick up the gift until friday, so hold up strong. The unboxing is coming.

Other NHanon, sorry

Aupakanon, heres hoping you get your present by the time you get home

Just finished converting a second base of soldiers for my perry travel battle medieval conversions.

that is a mindblowing diorama

I've seen this "I hope this letter finds you in good health" in several ss letters now, but I can't recall ever seeing it anywhere else. Is this some specific american custom?

It's a sort of customary politeness we are often taught in school or when writing thank-yous to our relatives after birthday/christmas/whatever gifts. Not sure if it is specific to the US or not, but it is definitely prevalent, in my experience

Reposting from the bottom of last thread

Hey NZ santa, I'm off crutches, by still on just as many painkillers so I feel great. No package as of yet, but there still 4 weekdays left, auspost is delivering Saturdays for the holidays as well, so i have faith that it will get here so I can show everyone

Corona CA user, I only just realized the letter I wrote somehow never made it into the box. My apologies!

Progress on my 3part diorama
Led Lights drilled and made ready now I just need to build em som kind of screen to get the light flare from hitting you in the eye and create a more comfy surrounding

I could do with some help on how to tackle/finish this mini. I finished the gun now, boltgun + blackwash

I kinda like how stark and bright the lights are, feels very 40k

How did you make the slots for the minis?

Highlights

Ah alright, thanks.

Like the other user said, the lights look neat, but I guess they're just annoying and painful IRL. Especially in a diorama.

Really nice work.

It arrived!

Hang on a minute...

Is.. is that glitter?

What the fuck user?

Well this explains everything.

>Get several airfix kits in SS
>Don't play 20mm or collect WW2
I'm wondering if I could convert these into some nice superheavy wunderwaffen for 15mm weird war 2 shenanigans. Anybody with any experiences regarding that?

Well, not everything...

This is an amazing present, thanks so much user.
But also fuck yourself you shitting shitter, if I hadn't spotted that leak during unpacking I would have been uncontrollably fabulous for days, and my kitchen might never be bland again.

I've painted him, and as far as I see it, Nurgle looks good when you paint them disgusting intentionaly, not just slap washes all over it and call it day.

As for your guy, I'd give him some clean up at flat surfaces and apply heavy drybrush all over body. Flesh parts could use some layered highlights and gloss varnish to look wet and disgusting.

Fuck that got me

THIs is my basic TT standard.

Fridge photo please

I don't play Warmahordes, or WHFB/AoS, or 40K, but all these models will still make nice little projects.
They don't have to be of any use for anything.

When my ssanon sees this, I'd love to know more about AIDSdren, the unlubricated Engineer and the little skellingman - he's such a neat little concept and cast I don't even want to take him off his sprue.
Also, new brushes! Top cunt.
Also, thank fuck I had some spare pots lying around, because that was a fucking lot of glitter, my dude.

I hope Leverkusanon has more success with my space filler than I had with mine.

My Mrs came to check on me I was laughing so hard.
Then she got weirded out that a stranger from the internet was sending me lube and little plastic anii.

Needs more coldlightbox.

I just want to honor my match by putting the kits into the field is all

Ok so put them in my fridge with the door open and light on?

no, close the door first

user, you didn't need to do this. Thanks spot, for this on top of the deldar kit

Thanks. Probably going to turn it into a chaos servitor or something
USPS is a shit show and inconsistent especially around the holiday, sorry for the delays none the less

Yes and move the camera ever so slightly to the right as you take the picture, it gives it a nice dynamic sense of motion.

Today was a good day to buy used minis. Not a good day for my wallet though.

I have lots of questions

the base is made of wood so I just used different size of drills of the round wholes and a (jigsaw??) for the bigger and the horse bases then filled up to the height I wanted with styrofoam

ye it burnssss but it should make for a more comfy look with somekind of streetlamp look.

Is that supposed to be an earthshaker

Always good to see more aussies, and I'm pretty sure its a Griffon, so its just a mortar

Are those *not* supposed to be Australian?

It's an ancient griffon heavy mortar carrier

I only want 3 griffons and keep my kidneys

I've acquired Abbadon's arms recently and can't decide whether I should make an objective marker with them or mix them with the 30k Abbadon model. Thoughts? I play black legion CSM

Started to make the feet more marine like, still needs some work but the general shape is there

objective markers.

... they're still metal. thats the current model.

I love griffons so much

Anyone have any good guides for sculpting with greenstuff, for a novice such as I?

I always keep this handy if situation requires

Really? I thought they got plastic models for some reason. Don't know where that came from then.

Nope. PP's range is still about half metal, lots of their kits come as helf metal half resin, and that resin is goddamn irritating trash to work with.

Brainlet question from someone who paints and models but never plays. What is this round thing? Is it a Landmine? Does it have any special rules or is it just an aesthetic thing?

The resin's fine. It's the god awful soft plastic that's the worst.
>PTSD from Champion moldlines
Tankbusta bomb

Yah I was thinking of going that way, it's just too stupid not to do.
>What's the mission?
>The boss lost his arms again so we've got to go find them.

Red skeletons edition

Looks great, is it just a wash or d you paint the bones red?

Thank you good sir. (I hope to play one day so best to know what's what!) Currently trying to bash together some kommandoes for my Snikrot model which I treated myself to for Xmas.

Red primer, Red wash (by gw , forgot the names) the highlights were done first with a flesh tone and then with bleached bone

>What is this round thing? Is it a Landmine? Does it have any special rules or is it just an aesthetic thing?

is correct. It's an Ork Tankbusta. Pay attention at about 1:10.

youtube.com/watch?v=l_uH54r0lP4

Fuckin' ay. I saw this cunt of a ripper on me way to work and I was like Strewth, that little cunts gonna bite me, so I shoved me fucken Esky in its face and stabbed it with a branch from an inronbark tree while the little bogan was stunned and couldn't tell arsehole from breakfast time.

Looks great.
Just primed midcolour red, washed for shade and then highlighted?

looking good

I thought that WAS their resin. That whitish gray crap? With the ENDLESS fucking mold lines?

No no that's a crappy ass soft plastic that pretty much everyone hates.
Their ACTUAL resin is pretty damn good.

I haven't based it yet and it needs more washes but I'm pretty happy with this beholder. I have a couple more angles I will post.

>No no that's a crappy ass soft plastic that pretty much everyone hates.

I bought their Grind game, which is kinda like a cross between Warmachine and Blood Bowl. Those soft plastic models *are* awful - just barely what you need to play the game.

Yes, and it was mephiston Red by the way. Near the mouth I May have hadded some Red + black to shade the recesses but thats about it

Oi! Whuts wrong wiv 'iz teef?

>blackwash
I read this as “backwash” and didn’t even question it, because Nurgle

I dig your red skellingtons, they remind me of Mars Attacks

"Oi boss! We found some loot over here!"
"Outta me way! Let's git this ting open!"

>playing against tyranids
well, i guess we ARE here to fuck spiders

"...Boss what are we gonna do with all dez ducks?"
"...I don't know."

To the user who posting to Lincoln, UK, I'm not going to be at that address until early January, just to prewarn

That's an interesting assortment of stuff!

Thanks for the gift fellow Texasanon! Although I am a bit confused about the ducks, everything else is really cool!

And here is the metallic beholder my brother painted.