/5eg/ Fifth Edition General:

>Unearthed Arcana: Elf Subraces (No new UA this month)
media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-ElfSubraces.pdf

>Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
lithdoran.github.io/fiveetools/5etools.html
5etools.com

>5etools latest update-
mega.nz/#!pQURTRDD!D0_R4jIXvN_wTZ1z-clszujTR3vVYaHYHXO1XnAzNrI
Use the Readme to get it working if you're computer illiterate, or ask for help ITT.

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously, on /5eg/

Other urls found in this thread:

athenopolis.net/
i.4cdn.org/tg/1513635115425s.jpg
i.4cdn.org/tg/1513635115425.png
thegiddylimit.github.io/races.html#orc
youtube.com/watch?v=BPPtrqvHGEg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is a house of a giant. How do I make it more interesting, liven it up?

We hate homebrew because 99% of it is trash, and you should stop shilling your trash here, especially when asked to stop.

Is everything in the house crafted by and for giants or are elements of the house scavanged and repurposed elements made by smaller races?

Give him a basement with a private bar that has all the bottles scaled up to his size. I'm talking 5 gallon jugs of scotch and garage sized casks of wine.

/osrg/fag fuck off, we don't want or need you here

How do I build a good but short adventure?

Apparently, you buy it.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Take a really good adventure and lop everyone's legs off at the knee.

We do not though I agree that alot of peoples creations are rather uninteresting but that goes for the official published material (printed or pdf) and Dungeons & Dragons in general as well.

yeah being awake during a long rest so you can be on watch

osrlads don't understand the distinction between good content and shit homebrews because the systems they use are already totally awful

One more time. How strong is this cantrip, and would you want to see more Blade cantrips officially release or do you think Green-Flame Blade and Booming Blade are enough?

If you think there should be more what would they do?

>Complaining about 5eg hating homebrew when everyone shits on Skerples when he posts his homebrews
>Implying osrg doesn't shill LotFP's shit adventures
>Implying osrg doesn't defend Raggi, Zak, Arneson and Gygax to death

You steal some inspirational source and add some other inspirational tid bits and you juggle that with whatever inspiration that you can take from your groups characters and try to hock some conceptual elements from the characters into it and then you let the players explor it through their characters.

In general the more interesting character concepts the more you'll have to work with and go on in craeting your story seeds and adventures, even if they're short ones.

Nobody hates the concept of homebrew, we just hate the faggots that continue to post their shitty unbalanced homebrew every other thread and ignore every bit of our advice because "an at will anti-magic cone at level 10 isn't THAT broken."

Raggi and Arneson did nothing wrong.

Wizards are better thieves and spies than rogues. They are also better assassins in most situations unless the target has lots of HP, in which case it depends if the DM is using "coup de grace" rules (because coup de grace often bypasses HP, the bonus damage from sneak attack ironically becomes less useful for an assassin). You should keep this in mind if you want to play a sneaky character.

Bards, of course, are better than either.

>we just hate
No we don't. We dislike them, but not as much as the trite abuse of the the term faggot.

it has an awful power curve from useless to OP and it doesn't fit its presumed purpose of breaking concentration as well as it could. ranged versions of blade cantrips might be nice and paladin smite spell style effects for other classes would be good, just maybe less powerful or at a higher level so paladins still do it best

Seems way too specific to be considered OP to me

Case in fucking point this asshole right here Got advice last thread telling him what was wrong, but he didn't answer back and hasn't changed it. He doesn't want feedback, he wants someone to either tell him that it's the best thing they've ever seen, or to do the work for him.

>No we don't
>We do not

Please hang yourself.

How is this not a straight upgrade on melee attacks?

no extra attack

I'd be fine with it, though maybe a bit less damage and instead not halving the damage (from the spell) when making a concentration check?

I clicked on the link to osr general in the second post and found this picture. I like the idea a lot, and apparently there is more, could somebody help me find it? Image search doesn't give anything.

By a chance does anyone have the "Heroes of the Orient: Player's and DM's Companion" and the Monsters of the Orient and Heroes of the Orient: Unearthed Kensai

athenopolis.net/

That's because you searched the thumbnail, not the image.
i.4cdn.org/tg/1513635115425s.jpg
i.4cdn.org/tg/1513635115425.png

>common magic item that turns a weapon into a spellcasting focus

Someone said this is a thing last thread but I can’t find it.

Ruby of the War Mage, in XGE.

ruby of the war mage i think

Looking at making an Immortal Mystic, could use some advice. In general, I'm trying to make an unarmored off-tank who can do some melee, looking at Hobgoblin.
1. Does Inertial Armor from Mastery of Force stack with Immortal Durability of the Order of the Immortal? Both say they alter the base AC formula. It would be really nice to get the +4 AC, but I'm not sure it works.
2. Is it worth it to grab Sentinel+Polearm Master? Along with Giant Form, reach can get pretty huge, but the limitation of a single reaction seems like it might make this less helpful than just getting extra Int/Con.
3. What Disciplines are best in general? Right now my priorities are: Bestial Form, Mastery of Force (If it stacks, otherwise ditch it), Psionic Restoration, Iron Durability, Giant Growth (if doing reach build, not sure), Brute Force, and then strong consideration among Psionic Weapon, Mastery of Air, Mantle of Command, Adaptive Body and Crown of Rage. Too many things look good.

Why not just be awake, if the penalty is the same as not taking a long rest?

Who the fuck would set up that trap door in this prison?

Did they know they would have a doppleganger in that cell? Did they want to trick random people into getting killed by it? Did they not mark the doppleganger's cell in any way to stop it from tricking people?

>he plays WOTC D&D, which is an RPG designed to appeal to the same autistic underaged crowd as MTG
>he considers every word in official publications to be holy writ unless his beloved overlords give him the option to change something

The absolute state of 5heads

huh? there's no penalty at all to staying awake on watch if you have aspect of the moon, but there is if you don't. that's why you might take it which was the initial question

why are you in 5eg if you don't like 5e d&d you samefag mong

That's unfortunatly true even back in the days befor WOTC, though 3rd edition did take it to a new level. I'm guessing it's because the initial people playing it came from the miniature wargaming hobby? People was calling Gygax up at home asking for system mechansism that didn't exist instead of coming up with their own.

Is there any reason for a Coffeelock to take Aspect of the Moon, if avoiding sleep doesn't eliminate the need for exhaustion checks?

That frog isn't laughing. Frog's can't laugh.

oh, no not really, I wouldn't bother

An empty reply with only a post number isn't an agreement, it's a (You)

everyone look at this dummy
point and laugh

>it has an awful power curve from useless to OP and it doesn't fit its presumed purpose of breaking concentration as well as it could.

I think it might be okay in that, its specific to casters not everyone and even then only the ones that are concentrating on something. I do agree though it won't be so good at breaking concentration as it should be. It probably should just impose disadvantage on the concentration save.

>ranged versions of blade cantrips
This guy tried doing that see the picture. I think if you had the damage values set to d6s they might be better instead of the full d8 with the range and safety. Also agreed I would not mind seeing some more Smite Style spells for other's or more smite spells in general.

I'm in the same boat, but when it works it probably works too well.

Its not my homebrew, I was just trying to get a discussion started on Blade cantrips and this was one I found and kinda liked the idea. What do you think? Do you want more Blade cantrips or you do you think what we have now is enough?

I kinda like this change, maybe make it a d6 instead of a d8. Remove the extra damage to concentrating targets and it might be fine.

How long can you last if you just shore up your Con save? For example, Sir Coffee also takes Resistance and 6 Levels of Paladin for Aura of Protection.

>not knowing what (you)s are
hownuru

fair enough, sorry, then my question is directed solely at the first post

>maybe make it a d6 instead of a d8
The point is breaking the concentration, right? I like the idea of playing around with concentration more so the cantrip makes sense to me and I'll always support playing around with existing and often underused mechanismsm.

>Hmm, that /is/ a good question!
I'm more concerned with how you're supposed to convincingly run the doppelgänger.
Do you have the player run both without telling them which is their character?

extremely, apologies

Everyone, what's the best way to handle orcs as a player race? Is there any good homebrew for it? Some of my players are curious about doing it.

Give your players half-orcs and call them orcs.

Uh, if I roll a belt of storm giant strength on a random magic item table should I allow my players to have it?

Whose idea was this item?

What level are the players?

If you want yes, if not pick a belt or item you don't mind them having.

thegiddylimit.github.io/races.html#orc
They're pretty much worse half-orcs.

tell your players to go fuck themselves and choose one of the base races.

Well, the feature would do something like this...
>Spell Shattering Strike
>Evocation cantrip
>Casting Time: 1 action
>Range: 5 feet
>Components: V, M (a weapon)
>Duration: Instantaneous
>As part of the action used to cast this spell, you must make a melee attack with a weapon against one creature within the spell's range, otherwise the spell fails. On a hit, the target suffers the attack's normal effects, and if the creature is concentrating on a spell their constitution saving throw DC to maintain concentration is equal to the damage they take from this attack or 10 whichever number is higher.
>At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 force damage to the target. This damage roll increases by 1d8 at 11th level and 17th level.

So the DC will be higher while still doing extra damage.

>orc is more egregious than tiefling, drow, or dragonborn

>opting to roll randomly on magic items
>complaining when you roll something random
Come on user. Just give your players something you think they'll enjoy.

Halfling corpses

yes

Why are they worse? What sense does that make?

It depends on how much it matters to the roleplaying and character's story. If it's crucial they have to be full orc, they'll probably be fine, maybe a little DM help to keep them on par with everyone else.

If not, just do half-orc.

In fact, if this is not enough you could make it so at higher levels the minimum 10 save DC goes up to, 12, 14, 16 or something similar.

ask WotC

You have to be 18 to post here.

of course he has a level 20 DMPC so its okay to post here

Humans are superior to orcs

hey, I need a quick tip.
How do you deal with firrerent weapon and armour materials ingame?
wicker shields, bronze weapons, bone armour, etc?

if you are doing a low-tech game, then leave stats as is, and increase stats for superior materials

Why does everyone bitch about battlemasters not having high level maneuvers?
To me it looks like if your group actually uses short rests you have enough superiority dice to throw around almost every turn and it's not like menacing blow and the like becomes any less useful at high levels

>everyone
Who? When? Where?

Explain who is saying this piano man

youtube.com/watch?v=BPPtrqvHGEg

Does this seem more balanced than the one before?

Not sure why I'm so into this spell that I did not make, but here we are.

mainly because you end up in a situation where the player grabs the best maneuvers ASAP and then at higher levels you're left taking the shitty maneuvers, which isn't very satisfying from a character progression standpoint

I thought people here complained about BM's maneuvers but seeing you guys replying so fast maybe it isn't as prevalent as I though

Most I see is people pointing out or that martials should just have it built into the classes instead of only BM.

You don't do anything.

Is it a wicker shield? Well, it's immune to things that might rust it but something might rot it or do something else to it. It's still +2 AC as you can assume it has been reinforced enough to work just as well as any other shield.
Bronze weapon? It's easier to just say that it must be masterfully crafted, your character has the capability to sharpen it properly and functionally it's the same as iron. You 'could' say it's a -1 weapon that won't ever break or some shit but that's stupid, stick to the standard rules unless you decide it's a poor quality weapon the players found lying around somewhere in which case sure, it's a -1 weapon.
Bone armour is just as good as the normal armour if you assume the same amount of money, effort and expertise has gone into working it as such.

Essentially they're all just refluffs of the base item.

alright, I guess you do run out of usefull maneuvers to pick by level 10

Is a Sharpshooter/GWM user expected in a party like power attack was in 3.5?
I don't like the swingy element it adds to combat so I might ban it from my table or make it just once per turn. Then again save or suck spells do the same damn thing

but will martials fall too far behind casters without it?

>Alarm
>Detect Magic
>Find Familiar
>Fog Cloud
>Identify
>Shield
Is this a decent starting spell list for a first level wizard interested in exploration? It is my first 5e wizard.

That's the best way to run a doppelganger.

I think this seems kinda retarded and the original 'you do more damage against concentrating targets' works better since as part of it it would give the enemy a higher save DC anyway.
But in the first place, usually, doing more attacks is better than one single attack for breaking concentration, so I don't think it needs to be focused entirely on breaking concentration, especially with how situational it is. So instead -

Make it like booming blade. It triggers if the target casts a spell that's a higher level than a cantrip. If the target is concentrating on a spell, it procs instead as part of the attack.
Alternatively, you could make it so it doesn't autoproc on concentrating targets, but concentrating targets make their con save with disadvantage. Both disadvantage and extra damage at the same time would probably be too brutal.

>osr systems are totally awful
>compared to 5e where every 20th level fighter ends up with the same stats
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'd swap one of them for Floating Disk to carry stuff around with, and I'd consider taking at least one Lv 1 damaging spell. It still looks good though.

Your point is correct, but honestly I've seen far more 18+ MTG players than underage ones, in my life.

How good are your players?
If your players are good, yes, sharpshooter/GWM is pretty much necessary for martials to fulfill their roles, as well as the other feats. Everything balances just fine around those feats, and experienced players know how touse those feats. Don't guilt a player for taking them, even if it is a little cancerous to have compulsory feats. You could always grant them extra ASIs through magic items or something to make up for it.

If your players aren't experienced and especially at low levels it's unbalanced, as players can't use their classes effectively anyway.

I wanted to take either the floating disk or the unseen servant to help out but I only get six. I could spend starting gold to add more. I think it is 50g per spell to add to it. So it would be okay. I dont plan on being in the front so I could drop shield.

>you are only allowed to discuss a game if you like it
Thanks.

>Level 20
>Ever
They stopped caring about anything when they designed late-level DnD. Everything happens at low levels.