I'm trying to not be a NEET. I have few college credits so I've just been applying to manufacturing jobs like crazy...

I'm trying to not be a NEET. I have few college credits so I've just been applying to manufacturing jobs like crazy. Most just say a diploma is "desired" but not necessary. However, they always say at least 1-3 years of experience, which i do not have. I haven't even got a phone call (other then thanks but no). I've been apply through Indeed, do you think I should just show up there with "muh firm handshake"?

any tips to help me get a job?

> says at least 1-3 years of experience
Apply anyways. Wait 2-3 days, and then call them to follow up on your application. They'll gladly setup and interview with you shortly afterwards. Wear something casual, go in, and just be a normie.

I still apply to them. At this point I'm thinking about lying on my resume. Whats the worst that could happen? Seems like it only improves my chances. At the very least interview experience.

Manufacturing jobs should be easy as fuck to get, I showed up and walked out with a job. I had no prior experience but was willing to work hard, I went to college but never graduated either. Most people that work there are immigrants and low-lifes so it's easy to get promoted by not being retarded. I started making $12.50/hr two years ago and now make about 75k a year. Enough for a decent car and house where I live, and plenty to throw into crypto every month

Nah man, the key is to call them to follow up on your application. I thought it was a meme at first when I was applying for jobs, but it's actually works.

Wait, this isn't the crypto board?

Just lie, shitty/entry jobs never check with past employers. I had the same problem man

You just walked into a manufacturing plant and asked for a job?
Hmm I'll give it a try. Thanks for the tip.

They had a job fair, in my area there is an abundance of manufacturing jobs available. My company can't keep us fully staffed because there aren't enough people willing to work, it's crazy. My job is easy as fuck too.

where do you live?

If I dont have any experience, but a college degree and 5 years stem exp, what could I be making?

Ohio

EXPLAIN JOB

go to a union hall

Started as general labor, then became a machine operator and now I oversee a production line mostly doing paperwork and babysitting the workers on that line

Where at in Ohio? I can move and wi must just suck at manu

Prior to the rise of shitcoins this board used to actually be about business and finance. Crazy I know

Central Ohio, Columbus area. Serious though our unemployment rate is so low manufacturing companies are begging people to work for them. As long as you can pass a drug screen you will have a job in a week if you can present yourself well enough.

>manufacturing jobs
Dude trust me, they literally do not give a shit at all if you about your work experience. They do not CARE if you have 1-3 years, as long as you have a pulse they will hire you.

I'm telling you, you have no clue how pathetic the turnover rate is in manufacturing jobs. They will hire literally random fucking niggers off of the street.

Why's the turnover so large?

They abuse their employees with bad conditions, long work hours, and terrible pay all for their own profit leaving many people to get frustrated and quit.

Some jobs under a union are too good though. can't even get fired

Sheeeit. How would you break the cycle? Try to get an in with the man(agement)?

Use your brain and get a better job or work under a decent union.