Do people really not hold BTC anymore?

I've been looking through all your cuckfolios and I've noticed a vast majority of you have little or no BTC.

What gives? Isn't anyone afraid of getting obliterated during the inevitable Bitcoin run-up to 25k?

Other urls found in this thread:

coinmarketcap.com/charts/
youtube.com/watch?v=i7cVQQ2DdIM
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/stellar/#markets
lightning.engineering/team.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nice just bought 100k.

nows not the time for that, that comes later

im getting shitcoin gains when i catch a wiff of btc out of the bear market ill go all in

if they dont they are dumb. they will wake up one day in the next month and all their altcoin profits will have drained into btc lol.

W-will I ever make it?

Every coin has a trading pair with btc it makes no difference.

It's time to sell, nigga.

god.. leave cash.

Just bought 100k thanks

It's a shitcoin, the moment exchanges will start using alternative pairs it'll get rekt.

Btc is a literal shitcoin and sooner or later it won't dictate the market. Its influence is already declining.

I sold all of mine last week.
This is not the usual China FUD or whales playing games. I've been through those dips and bought all the way down.
This is a different ballgame. For the first time in BTC history, the product is simply shit. It doesn't work. I refuse to pay $30 to send a transaction.. I used to send money to friends across the world and now I might as well use western union and at least I don't have to worry about fluctuations or misspelling an address.

Lightning network will not get adopted the same way segwit is failing to. Plus it's a shit system. I don't want to open channels for everything.

Yes BTC is arguably more decentralised and can act as digital gold.. but personally I think there are other currencies that will dethrone it by being gold AND transactable.

Not to even mention the impending tether Implosion and the environmental nightmare that is POW

So yeah I'm out for now and into ETH and others

At this point everybody knows that bitcoin is the worst crypto and there are plenty of pairs based in eth or bch or usdt ($5 to transfer is less than $26)

I think you are all going to be sorry in a couple of weeks.

I've never known biz to hold majority btc in all of 2017.

I think you need to wake the fuck up instead of following blind fanboyism.

Screencapped.

Shhh let them keep trading their BTC for shitcoins while we accumulate.

Honestly it makes no difference if you care about USD gains. When btc goes up sure alts goes down in SAT value but the USD will likely to survive.
If BTC doesn't go up, now your SAT in alt goes up so you made more in btc value.

Not sure if people are trolling or really underestimate bitcoins power.

while you are holding stagnant bitcoins waiting for a 50% pump that will probably never happen there are alts mooning 50-100% per day every day, wake up dummy

They’re a bunch of new fags and haven’t yet experienced the anal devastation bitcoin can and will bestow.

I sold all of mine for xmr and eth when bch was added to coinbase, I don't wanna have a stake in this shitshow anymore

Lmao they are token Chads that stole your gf before you even got a chance to talk to her

Yeah, I'm still traumatized from the aftermaths of the summer. Portfolio was worth around 15 BTC. After China FUD, I was down to 2 BTC.

An unstable bitcoin is an unstable crypto market.
Have 70% BTC stop losses on all my alts just in case of a black swan.

Transaction fees, nigger.

People are still having a really hard time accepting this, but gradually more are coming around. Listen, look at whatever metrics you fancy for evaluating a tokens value. Inspect it under any qualitative framework we've used. Every...single...one is pointing to telling you that BTC's dominance is in fact over. There really, truly, honest to god, isn't going to be another meteroic BTC rise where altcoins get crushed.

You might see some small gains still sure, but aside from scam coins it is, and will from now on be, the worst place to be invested in crypto. You really don't need to take my word for it. Again, take a hard look at Bitcoin from any lens you want. Leave your "hold" culture to the side for one moment, and...just....look at it.

wont btc price affect the costs of a fiat paired coin. sorry I'm must be retarded

What are you guys smoking? I get it, I WISH this was true. But if BTC ever rises or dips 20% in a single day, your alt gains will be wrecked.

We're only STARTING to see decoupling happening. But we're still miles away.

alts have started to decouple themselves from btc and i don't think we will be seeing btc above 20k for a while if at all.

I remember the 2013 rise from $10 to $1000..

then slowly dipped to the $200s by 2017...then rose to $20k.

We'll see a dip to $2ks until we see an enormous rise to $400k.

And what of Bitcoin Cash? Do you think it will replace BTC as the reserve trading pair? Do you think it will equal the price of BTC or do you think they will reach a proportional equilibrium, or do you think BTC will die & BCH will see $1mil? I agree with your points, just curious as to what you think the future holds for the OG crypto.

OP what if I told you most Alt coins did better than BTC in 2017? All you need to do is look at what each coin was worth at the start of the year and look at when the coins are worth right now.

Its a cold hard fact that MOST if not nearly all ALTs destroyed BTC by more than double. Even Doge did more than twice as well., If you had 1000 USD of doge on January first you would be sitting on 30k plus in USD.

EVERYTHING indicates that BTC was shit this year. It was all hype with no substance.

If you are holding btc you are a fucking moron who hates money.

its a store of value you fucking retard. Its not meant to by mcdonalds with. there are 3000 other shitscoins to buy junk with.

That's not happening anymore. You need to have a closer look at the crypto markets. The argument you're making was completely valid and true when BTC made up the vast majority of the crypto market. Every other coin didn't even matter in those days. This isn't the case anymore. Your thinking was entirely accurate when BTC was 90% of the market. It is no longer valid when now it is roughly 39% of the market.

You have to realize, conditions are not the same as the previous times where we've been through these alt coin markets and BTC pumps. This is completely brand new territory and the old ways of thinking don't apply anymore.

Source for market cap %s coinmarketcap.com/charts/

It's low ATM.
They are going to hold when it's high again.
Buy high, sell low.

brand recognition is literally the only thing giving for it, and alts are gaining their own at a rapid pace. there is nowhere for this coin to go but sideways, and when people realise the gains are truly over, down.

Eth, the one coin with a lot of pairings, is still very dependant on BTC.

The only reason alts are going up now is because BTC is stagnant.

Anyone who thinks BTC is suddenly irrelevant is either very New to crypto or delusional. Alts still aren’t even half as pumped as they were back in May relative to BTC and they still came crashing down.

*going
I'm a phone posting faggot please rape my face

BTC didn't cost $30 per transaction in May.

They. Bought. Btc. In. 2014. And. Own. 1%. Of. Supply.
>newfags

The power of SIDEWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ECHO ECHO ECHO.

I'm scared shitless by the market. I wouldn't be surprised if BTC makes it to 5K before making it to 25K. I keep buying alts and selling them for more and at some point it just has to stop. But since I can't predict if the nightmare is coming on February or in 2 years I have to stick around.

yes i know that, but what anons ITT are saying is that the dominance of btc in the crypto market is decreasing and if it gets low enough the fluctuations in btc will have even less of an affect on alts. btc maximilist are the only delusional ones who can't comprehend that btc is slowly but surely becoming less relevant for gains

All my tx are through Eth. Faster, Cheaper, "less" volatility.

lol btc just hit 23k on bithumb on december 7th. this is just a new june thats all. BTC will bleed down to 11k as alts moon, then BTC will skyrocket to 55k.

Not saying BTC has no power, but the market value is more spread than ever which makes it weaker. If 2018 is the alt boom with more fiat/trading pairs available, BTC might be obsolete (for traders at least)

not true. go look back at june.

I agree decoupling is happening, but I disagree with how much people seem to think it’s happened.

BTC goes up 20% tomorrow and all alts would get hit. Not other coin has this effect except maybe ETH with extreme rises

>still miles away
>Fairx drops this month

>So you all really not hold this coin with 45+ dollar transaction times and day long wait periods that will only improve when the banks completely take it over

Actually, I put my money in to Bcash and Ether because they are both functional and true to their original intentions.

Oh can you explain who if I went 1000 usd in Ripple on January first I would be sitting on over 200k usd right now?

Because I think that was roughly the value of Bitcoin on January first 2017. You see Ripple made 200k and Bitcoin barely broke 10k.

HMMMMM

You know the fucking level of absolutely fucking ass fuck you dipshits portray is astounding. Its like you fucking hate money. Even DASH made close to 100k for the price of one BTC in January first.

Am, I supposed to sit here an pretend this isnt the case? Was it MAGICAL MATH? SHould I join you Bcore fucks in complete denial that is the ass raping of reality that took place this year?

Or maybe you sell your shitcoin and get used to the fact that BTC isn't going to be doing much in 2018 either.

I know most of your responses to this will be to ignore the numbers that a easily visible to anyone who looks over coin market cap and sees it for themselve.s I know that the only way to cope with your BTC losses is to go into complete fucking denial. Do you want me to take screen shots for you? Is that would it would take to put you Bcore cucks in your place?

Happy new year everyone, Bitcoin may not be dead but it sure as fuck never made as much money anyway so WHO GIVES A FUCK.

That's because of Ethereum's attempted 'flippening', market cap was still more focused in the top 5 back then.

Great, then I can see you cry later when missing out on a bunch of alts moons. Protip: BTC can remain king and keep loosing marketcap looser.

This.

The fees are beyond outrageous at this point.

Even when I stop playing the shitcoin game, I'd rather move my funds into eth or another top coin before buttcoin

+1 brah the old crypto fuckers don't see it they are conditioned to faithfully scrape alt gains back into bitcoin rinse and repeat it's actually kind of pathetic like king lear or something

Hey guys was it the great rinse and repeat when ETH was going for $8.17? I guess the true power of BTC was just showing us all how powerful it was.

I guess going from 8.17 to 750 a pop was part of the fucking great rinse and repeat am I right guys?

Behold all the great rinse and fucking repeat.

screenshots or kill yourself shill

how hard can it be to improve

core believes in LN, i myself am too skeptical in LN having as much an effect on btc as core believers

Maybe the great rinse and repeat was when Litecoin went from $4.35 to 240ish.

Was that part of the great rinse and repeat? Maybe Litecoin was supposed to be Bitcoins little child but in reality it was a fucking monster in 2017 and more than 4xed BTC in gains easily.

Was that part of the great rinse and repeat?

Behold all the great rinse and fucking repeat.

They don't even have a deadline for LN. The continuous price decline and the ridiculously high fees are going to steer people away from Bitcoin. By the time LN comes out, it would already be too late.

HAHAHAHA

Was part of the great rinse and repeat when Doge coin fucking layed waste to Bitcoin in 2017?

That was part of the great rinse and repeat right? When a coin goes from 23 sat to a little less than a penny each?

That was part of the great rinse and repeat when the value of one BTC would net ever 30 thousand fucking USD.

BEHOLD THE GREAT RINSE AND REPEAT!!

How about when Dash was worth $11.22 and you could net 85~ dash for the value of one BTC? Now Dash is worth what just over a thousand each?

Was this shit part of the great rinse and repeat? WAS THIS THE POWER OF BITCOIN!!?

BEHOLD THE GREAT RINSE AND REPEAT!!!! One Bitcoin net you about 15k while fucking DASH nets you 85 grand!!!

THE RINSE AND REPEAT IS UPON US FUCKING ALLL!!!!!

stop it man, your going to insert doubt into these corefags

>They’re a bunch of new fags and haven’t yet experienced the anal devastation bitcoin can and will bestow.

and the best part is they are worried about getting taxed on their gains...

as this user said :

>impending tether Implosion

please explain user?

So many newfags have all their alts on btc-alt exhanges. When the market crashes, they won't be able to sell alt, transfer to btc/ltc/eth, send to fiat exchange, sell, fast enough.

I am still clueless on how tether works and how whales are planing to scan newfags with tether.

help.

Its just I have the numbers in front of me. ANd I have poured over this over and over and over.

And then I see people acting like Bitcoin was amazing and I just dont know how else to react. And this shit keeps going.

Its like a dude who is obviously 5.2 inches tall acting like he is trying out for the NBA. And I'm like chill bro and then he acts like his 7 feet tall...

AAHHH WHY!? Just look at a fucking Mirror you fucking idiot!!!!

yep
youtube.com/watch?v=i7cVQQ2DdIM

Dash is a very special coin fucktard. They are heavily marketing the coin and manipulating prices in exchanges.

The amount of coins which can stand BTC run without bleeding is limited. Unless you go all in in one of does coins, your diversified portfolio is going to bleed in sats so bad you will get hemorrhoids from it.

Right now is the alt season. It won't be long before BTC starts running for 25k and alts start to bleed 30-40%

This happens literally everywhere in the world. Kings, currencies, companies... Just because BTC went through a correction doesn't mean it is dead, or going into a bear market. A BEAR MARKET IS NOT WHEN A COIN CORRECTS FOR A MONTH AFTER PARABOLIC GROWTH YOU FUCKTARDS.

Trade alts all you want. I'm doing it as well but as soon as bull signal is there. Sell all your alts because daddy is going to fuck all in the ass and normies will know how it feels like to bleed for the very first time.

Mark these words: BTC will be the core, LN will be in the hands of banks due to their high volume BTC holding and every coin with atomic swap will be used to mitigate the on-chain scalability issue of BTC.

This reminds me perfectly of August. Everyone reaches the euphoria stage where they think they are going to make it - then they hodl their shitcoins thinking they will recover. Then they have 10% of their value. kek.

>But since I can't predict if the nightmare is coming on February or in 2 years I have to stick around.

Look at the speed, user. It took BTC from January to December, 1 year to go 10x. Alts are doing that in less than a month. Everything is speeding up, hence the crash is immeniant. I would not be surprised to see it happen next week. I'm actually amazed BTC has been able to survive as long as it has after the dec correction.

Don't expect the market to last. blue chips have been pump. Alts are being pumped. Once we run out of people pumping coins, and people realize they are bag holders, the market is over.

they must be rising off thin air

>Dash is a very special coin fucktard.
Dude, every major alt at least 2x BTC. Most more than 5x.

It doesn't matter what coin, they ALL did this shit.

This is called mass adoption. The market is not done before it reaches 4-5 trillion. Fuck even then I don't know if the market will be done or not.

Bubble might pop, we might crash 90%. But this might be the next financial evolution as well... Too early to tell

BTC is fucking garbage. All the FB posts I see are about how high transaction fees are and how much money they lost to them

Yeah, the situation is the same and it will happen like on 2013
100% true

So when are the 800,000 bitcoins going to get stolen? Because thats the only way we'll see another crash like that.

And they will bleed once BTC gets back to the bull run. I am not disputing that you can't make gains with alts. You can, shittons of it but if you want to keep your gains, you'll need to sell once the bull run starts.

>This is called mass adoption

There is no mass adoption. Everything is speculation.

> The market is not done before it reaches 4-5 trillion
ROFL. No it won't. Sane people aren't going to buy a worthless token ICO, they want real equity, entitling them to control and future profits.

shitcoins are for the financial illiterate. Don't think the big money is stupid enough this garbage.

> But this might be the next financial evolution as well... Too early to tell

no it's not.

iPhone came out in 2007, change the world.
Bitcoin came out in 2009, only use was for criminals on the Silk Road.

Blockchain is a dud. Maybe a few shitcoins make it out of the crash alive. In which case they will have an IPO and all the investors will get the profit. You'll be left holding a worthless token.

>daddy, tell us the story about the year all the dorks lost their money again

Biz is for NEETs who missed the boat for early adoption and have never worked so now don't have enough money to buy in at present levels. That's why you never see a hodler posting here, and why they team up with the pajeets to shit talk bitcoin, in the hope it will crash low enough for them to buy in.

How about when Stellar was worth $0.0025 and you could net 389.000~ dash for the value of one BTC? Now Stellar is worth what just over a 44cents each?

Was this shit part of the great rinse and repeat? WAS THIS THE POWER OF BITCOIN!!?

BEHOLD THE GREAT RINSE AND REPEAT!!!! One Bitcoin net you about 15k while fucking STELLAR nets you 170grand!!!

THE RINSE AND REPEAT IS UPON US FUCKING ALLL!!!!!

>He literally thinks the most important aspect of bitcoin is that it might be used as yet another instant payment solution

You need to see the big picture to make it as an investor.

Basically the people holding BTC were the suckers of 2017. People who went all in on Major alts made the most money.

It wasn't thin air, it was the suckers.

Theres a lot going on with tether at the moment. The crux of the issue is whether or not USDT are actually backed by a 1 USD for every 1 USDT which does not seem to be the case.

dotcom bubble didn't stop people from using ecommerce or the fucking internet did it?

90% of the coins will burn. I hope they will burn. There is too much shitcoins out there and market is fucked up because it's all based on hypetrain right now.

But I still believe in a couple of things that can happen with cryptocurrencies

1) Global payment network with BTC/LN coins
2) Dapps/Smart contracts
3) Decentralized exchange places / marketplaces
4) Decentralized prediction markets

Honestly I don't know much about it but if you google about tether you can read up on it. Basically there is a conspiracy that bitfinex is issuing tethers that aren't backed by USD (despite what they claim) which is used to artificially bump up the price of BTC and cause people to panic buy with real $. Or something like that, some other user can probably explain better.

Personally I don't trust Tether as they are not redeemable for USD, it even says so in the T&Cs.

If it ever got out that Bitfinex was mucking around with artificial tethers then the market might react violently.

This time its not nocoiners. IUts people with the ability to understand basic math who where also early adopters of BTC in the first place.

I got in on BTC in 2014. I laughed at nocoiner fud like it was a joke.

I cant laugh at the fact that Bitcoin performed worse than literally every other fucking major alt coin.

Seriously look at the retort I got to posting like 4 coins that trashed BTC hard. Then apparently Stellar did too lol

The retorts were "Yeah I know it did worse but Dash is super special!!! DASH RAPED MY MOMY!!! WWAAAAAAA."

Ok so we are clear on the profit aspect of this debate then rate.? Sorry about your mom though.

Bitcoin is dead user.
It's completely unusable as a currency. Remember that image? Now Western Union is cheaper and usually faster.
It's beyond absurd to believe that bitcoin will continue to be the first just because it was the first.

this user gets it.

The top exchanges for XLM are only XLM/BTC or XLM/ETH. So if the market crashes, there is no way to get your money out since BTC is the link between USD and XLM.

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/stellar/#markets

Thanks user. This is what I am worried about.

> BTC crashes
> LTC/ETH get dragged down
> Alt coins drop too
> Shitcoins on crypto only exchange.
> People sell alts for BTC/LTC/ETH
> Try to transfer blue chip to fiat exchange.
> Fiat exchange crashes, cannot handle load
> Network is clogged up. Transaction time drops/ fees skyrocket

It's the perfect trap.

If tether isn't worth 1 USD, then they are fucked with that too.

bitcoin's share of the cryptocurrency market has more than halved since january 2017

>store of value

My testicles store value, BTC stores none.

>environmental nightmare that is POW
Jesus Christ man, you were making a decent post.

>1) Global payment network with BTC/LN coins

I highly doubt it. The developers working on LN don't look very experienced. The only one with actual industry experience is the guy who worked with mobile apps at Google.

lightning.engineering/team.html

A lot of memes have died because of this situation. Remember how Morpheus told Neo that he wouldnt have to trade his Bitcoin in for USD?

Yeah that shits dead as fuck right now.

only if you got have 1millon dollar +, even then no reason to put in btc, i would buy xmr or eth