Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Just an innocent Astra Militarum tank.

>Warhammer Community
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/25/on-the-first-day-of-christmas-nurgle-gave-to-megw-homepage-post-3/

>Daily Painting Video
youtube.com/watch?v=HjojBUsTzG0&t=

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

DA CODEX:
mega.nz/#!Ald3GbDI!gE1W1yRfDZauVwh6xwmAIP4v16f3BdLb7TI6qcGj1nE

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer Updated for Tyranids? Math-user requests vetting
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WWpZC1bKfX8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for the Drukhari!

first for drukhari

absolutely degenerate, honorary 1st for the korps

I got some Khorne Daemons for Christmas. What about you /40kg/?

darkkinmind

Why do people really hate IG players?

Because they're WAAC atm.

as a guard player, I've seen a lot of really shitty attitudes from fellow guard players who consider themselves superior because they don't play marines.

Annoying player base. The Guard players here aren't bad though. Almost all 15-20 of them have a fully painted army with about 3 of them being actually painted well. Steel Legion user, Vostroyan user and I think there's a Cadian custom camo army that's painted well.

Because they're completely self-unaware and full of themselves (the online ones at least). They sincerely believe they're God's gift to 40k while shittalking every other faction's players.

>Tfw assembling some Sisters of Silence and you glue the wrong leg on
youtube.com/watch?v=WWpZC1bKfX8

Get anything done today?

All of us are perturabo.

Because they tend to like nazis.

Why do russians like 40k so much?

Assuming I can only get my hand on 5 proper Incubi for a funvee list with this thing, what else should I put in it?
16 total capacity, 5 incubi, an archon, and a sslyth or two so far, what else?

that sudden erection what the fuck

grimdark is relatable?

This guy.

I started painting in July, so I feel like I've made improvements but I feel so frustrated sometimes, like I can tell I made mistakes on this guy and he's such a fiddly model.

Ehh, I should just sleep on it really.

whats that?

All the Guard players we know are awful, except the tranny and the old man.

HOLD THE LINE! XDXDXD

I would probably be a guardfag is catachans didn't look shit

We've got 2 at my my primary store - one is a really cool dude who I know has had the army for about 6 years now. The other literally sold off his grey riptide wing to buy guard, should be fairly obvious why he isn't well liked.

>could have been a well liked person if he'd just applied himself
>tragic figure
Perty got what he deserved.

>Local GW has secret santa, you buy something from your person's wishlist and then add a pot of paint for them to use on that model
>My present is the biggest

Worried.gif

I just like the lastline. no primarchs are tragic

>it's a 5 man cadian guard box in a bigger box

>Glue left leg
>All is fine
>Glue right leg
>"HAAAA!"

Magnus kind of its, but even then he brings it on himself.

one wraithblade. Took thirty minutes

those SoS are a real fuck if you don't pay attention.

>tfw I don't come to mind for well-painted armies

I don't blame you, steel legion user humiliates my army

Been too sick to do much. Slowly making my way through my Crusaders and Deathmask Bullgryn though. Next will be a 5 man Custodes squad my girl got me. Super excited to have that 5 man squad and the 6 man Bullgryn squad and the 10 man Crusader squad all walking up the field. 3++ saves everywhere. Save me from Smite spam Greyfax and Primaris Psykers.

tantalus.

Your pictures are too blurry, but from what I've seen you're a solid painter. I wouldn't say you stand out in that regard, but I like how your army looks. Your conversions are cute and creative and that definitely stands out.

Because we live in Imperium.

Take that back motherfucker
;--;

my hands are a bit too shaky to get good pics most of the time.

Codex when?

I don't know but I hope the wait is worth it.

sly looks good, command squad looks good, heavy weapons look good. But the regular infantry box is trash my man. sorry

Me too. Also I hate that terrain. Literally only ever gets in the way and takes 6 inches to get up.

Do you know how to shoot a gun and hit your mark every shot?
It you do then you can take a picture

no. my grouping is horrific.

>7 days of Nurglemas
Obviously since the last announcement is on a Sunday. It'll be revealing Codex up for preorder on January 6

How was your Christmas, /40k/?

My family didn't even know I like 40K at the beginning of the month (which makes sense as I started this month) and I woke up this morning to find a Leman Russ Demolisher, a box of Tempestus Scions, and a $50 GW gift card under the tree.

(Side note, debating what to get with the card. I considered returning the Scions and using the cash and credit to get a Start Collecting box, but I'm not sure yet. Sharing a new project as penance for blogposting.)

Anyone had success with the big guys?

What tactics are you using with them?

They think they need their dicks sucked for playing normal humans
It's contrarianism + HFY

protip: thin your paints, mate. You'll get a more smooth coating, and keep more details visible.

Kurze and Angron never had a chance to be decent people. They were "born" alone into societies that at best were moral cesspools that neglected them (Kurze) or at worst actively wanted them painfully dead (Angron). Both had their heads fucked and reason stolen from them, Kurze through his visions and Angron through the nails. All the other Primarch upbringings we know about, with the exception of maybe Mortarion's, had some aspect of familial guidance or acceptance from their homeworld. I'm not saying at all that this makes Kurze or Angron likeable or heroes in any way, but they are at least mildly tragic and pitiable.

t. salty marinefag

wasn't the khan also dropped onto a savage planet of monstrous warriors?

nope and you are proving me right by getting defensive

I'm learning to, but I made too many mistakes, and painting over them caused this. Back side.

>tfw I just find marines boring and enjoy the aesthetics of the guard

Because fuck everyone else. Nobody loves the emperor more than the guard. Space Marines get all the glory and we shed all the blood. It's us against the universe.

Wow you are so original for thinking the marines are just bland and boring

The problem is the faggots that think they are God's gift to mankind for playing a-
Oh, case in point

pitiable doesn't mean they were tragic. Perhaps they were products of their environments, but that doesn't mean they were tragic.
All of the primarchs were flawed, if only for letting their upbringings control their lives

You sound extra rump roasted.

I feel the exact oposite

I mean, I got into the Guard solely because I like tanks.

once you get a bit more confident with your painting, you can drop models in Simple Green to strip them down.

As for your current problems, you can brace your wrists against your desk, and it'll help you paint straighter lines.

oh, I'm aware they're not entirely, and I do enjoy some of the fluff.
But I collected a marine army and tried to play them. Didn't enjoy them.

don't know, don't care. i'm just making XCOM:TFTD dudes with more equipment. I name all for shits and giggles as well.

I play Guard because I like the Scions because of fluff, aesthetics and what they can do in the field.

Seems natural that people would root for their own kind in a sense, the Imperial Guard being regular humans not much like ourselves.

>because I like the fluff, aesthetics and capabilities of Scions*
>not much unlike*

Seems I need erratas for my own posts.

Guard are just cuter. Ogryns, Sentinels, blobs of humans going "Ahhhh!" as they pew pew into crowds Starship Troopers style is just cute out of cute.

Marines are cute too, like a bunch of grumpy turtles, but I don't care for the models outside of the infantry.

He's right, and Guardfags deflecting criticism by blaming Marinefags is another annoying thing they tend to do.

What`s wrong, are you nervous around Necrons?
How did the Wraiths do? I've been thinking about getting some to round out my army.

>he isn't an 8 foot tall demonically possessed superhuman
LMAO'ing @ your life

They are jealous of the Emperor's love for the guard and the bravery we show each and every battle. It's literally David and Goliath out there for us every day. We battle the impossible horrors of the grim darkness and pay for it in blood. We are just average human heroes. Space Marines are snow flakes.

That's good. You're certainly better off than most painters. I wish my first minis were as well painted.

>only 8 feet tall
laughing exorcist.jpg

Nice try posing as a Guardfag.

I think in this case it comes from that one pic being posted in every general, probably because this is the original.

I don't even mind any faction except maybe T'au, and then really only on style and writing.

Normally they shred my shit, but because their weapons couldn't really do much to my armageddon shit(I ignore -1 AP on my tanks), they spent the entire game trying to rip apart the wyvern unsuccessfully.

are terminators worth it for bangles, im considering getting a squad or two for my super jump pack dependent army, what loadouts are best

>started in july
>your models are already looking like that

user, that looks fantastic.

Steel Legion guy is a pompous ass who waves his wallet around with every picture

Hammernator all day every days.

Just throwing stuff into the fire and marinefags fall into it like clockwork

He's been collecting for like 12 years. And yeah he has some attitude, mostly because people hate him for posting pictures too often.

Thanks guys.

You really do learn a lot just by watching the Duncan videos. I'm always surprised at how guys at the LGS literally just plop paint on without much thought, its like the CAACfag of painting.

like, full hammers

like i wanted to do this but i was worried i was gonna get wiped

also if i get that orbital intervention force for christmas i dont know if i want to build all 15 with hammers, i'm worried that its too much smash

as one poorfag to another stop being so salty

The price for a steel legion infantry army is not much different from a Cadian.

So i decided to get some texture paint. I got some Astrogranite Debris and its not that bad. Had to manually stir it though as it clumped too much in the pot if shaken. I dont see why Veeky Forums seems to hate these paints that much.

What did you guys get for Christmas?
>Necromunda

It's alright, unless you have a Land Raider. Termies aren't that viable with BAs list. Consider another options.

I started September 2016

here's the first model I ever painted.

Jesus Christ.

Got an update pic?

a model I painted in January

Just a bit to go on my Inquisitor.. Do you think I could get away with running her as Greygax? She has the same wargear.

>When you fail your archon for the last time

I mean fuck with the amount of shit they pile on other armies it's hard to be very sympathetic. In my experience Marinefags don't feel the need to call Xenos NPCs and shit, they know they're the favorite child and are secure in it. Guardfags on the other hand seem to have this bizarre inferiority complex they need to overcompensate for by shittalking others.

and my most recent model for my Drukhari