False flag edition
30k movie is the best thing that happened to us since scanon sub-edition
>30k short
youtube.com/watch?v=medYpKTrBAQ
>New rulebook link
mediafire.com/file/mmr4e1yy7fnyxgy/HH_Rule_Book.epub
>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=medYpKTrBAQ
youtu.be/FhULhHCk_D8
mediafire.com/file/mmr4e1yy7fnyxgy/HH_Rule_Book.epub
youtube.com/watch?v=Q5G8Wf66a5w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Last thread

That animation was legitimately amazing as fuck and I fucking got hype watching it. The Termie scene holy hell.

Same, that shit is so fucking cash. Fw should totally contact that man and offer him a proper job. With only a little financial boost it could turn into a proper movie which could sell the horus heresy to beginners in the hobby (but it's never going to happend)

The running animations were off though.

Like, the VA was obviously flawed, and animations were stiff at times. But he nailed the soundtrack and knew how to properly do action shots and perfect angles. Holy fuck that Termie scene though. The guy getting blasted and staggering while still marching forward and their stomping fitting to the sound of the music.

Yeah they could definitely improve their voices,although it's not like there won't be an endless supply of fans eager to do so

I know a fair few here would do it.

I totally would, even though I don't really sound like an astartes

>Tfw would love to do voices but shit mic and live in an apartment

k short
>youtube.com/watch?v=medYpKTrBAQ
BROTHERS I AM ERECT

>Warhammer 30k general
It's "Horus Heresy General".
Repeat the mistake and I'll wear your flayed skin as condom.

We saw civilians running through the streets of Calth. Surely people on here could say a few words and phrases for that.

Got it, but what truly matter is the /hhg/ in the title right ?

That's correct.

Do you actually play night lords ?
Cause I wonder how the hammer felt

Better than the skinning knives.

I hate Vulkan.
Curze should've killed him.

Perpetual ruined everything.

But how could such tiny blade hurt a big man like you ?

That you Curzefag?

I looked to me like they were using the engine from the Space Marine video game. The marine models in particular had the same aesthetic.

And I say that as a compliment, whether it's true or not. I thought some of the marine movements had the usual problem of CG in that they looked weightless, but holy hell was it all pretty. And, unlike the Inquisitor movie (which also looks really cool), the marines/background characters don't seem to be copy/pasted clones.

Looking forward to the full version. Very impressive.

Okay, throwing this out there, but would converting/painting up Warhammer Fantasy Dryads as lesser daemons be worth the effort?

I think that with a little effort, the dryad models could make for a nice set of generic lesser deamons. But I'd only use them with the daemon summoning rules.
I ask because I'm worried Forgeworld will replace those rules relatively soon, which would make them less usable.

Thoughts?

Are there any rules for daemons in the new rulebook?

Kinda.

Nah she’s all female, man. I’m just lucky she’s as nerdy as me.

That really fortified my position.

Is the fellblade worth it or should i proxy it as a glaive or falchion ?

That shit is so fucking dope

I'm a bit disappointed the woman wasn't carrying a bomb and didn't detonate it next to some Ultramarines.

what is this from?

As others said, animation is good except the running parts, but the Termies scene makes up for that. If they add subtitles it'll be golden. The fight scene were impressive.

Seewhy do you even have to ask, can't you follow a post chain properly ?

Too soon, the WB don't have legions of fanatized mortals yet

>implying they didn't infiltrate cultists into the population prior to invading

Didn't have time, plus how would cultist help them much ? Once the ultramarines understand that the population is compromised they'll send everyone into camps : it's a one trick poney

Don't tell me a one-time infiltration of who-knows-how-many bombers into your rear isn't a serious problem.
Leaving aside the damage caused by the bombers, now you have to treat your own territory as compromised and all your civilians as a possible threat. How long til riots and supply issues? How many forces are now tied down dealing with all that?

>Didn't have time

Lorgar turned to Chaos way before the Horus Heresy and Calth was some two years after the start of the Heresy.

Why can Alphas have agents everywhere, but none of the other legions can?

>how would cultist help them much

Gee, I wonder how people inside the population would help an invading army...

>they'll send everyone into camps

Which means you have to divert portion of your military strength to rounding up people and guarding them, which means the population who aren't cultists won't like it, which is sure to result in civil unrest, giving cultists the opportunity to convert more people.

>epub is such a great format
>it's so convenient

How the fuck do you unfuck this shit?

Readium my dude

Where's the option to print with it?

Too slow ?

Do we know he's named Trajan or you just decided that? The only Trajan I know is the 41k Captain General of the Custodes.

Just decided to name him, it's a fitting name for a space roman

In retrospective it should be named "I hate mondays"

It's probably Telemechrus.

Or it's just a regular venerable contemptor

It's too close to his scene in Know no Fear to be a coincidence.

>Termies moving and sounding like several tons hitting the ground as they move
>running Dreadnought
>those fight scenes
Diamond hard.

We should try and make him named Trajan. Ask the maker if his name is Trajan or not.

At first I thought the fight speeds were too fast and janky. Then I remembered that despite their size, marine are actually blindinly fast.

I think those critising the clip have to remember - It's a fan film, with that in mind its damn amazing.

Instead we should cease arguing and celebrate what unites us.

I asked, now all we can do is wait

Can somebody help me out here? I can’t find the fluff he’s referencing.

Death Eagles Millennial. Mentioned in Retribution.

Space marines forearms are way too thin and the blood splatter was too cartoony

I didn't know I liked space marines elegantly twirling their power swords until I saw that trailer

See

Wait, were there Chaos cultists already involved in the Shadow Crusade?

For you

That was Unreal Engine 3 I believe (for the game that is), they probably used its models as a base, but I assume the animations were done in Unreal Engine 4, as it is quite a bit more powerful.

Now with 110%more soundand titans, holy fuck there's titans

Forgot link in my haste
youtu.be/FhULhHCk_D8

Voice acting NEEDS to be redone. The audio is just unbearable.

Would a Primaris Aggressor head fit Mortarion? I can't deal with his lack of a mask and modelling a hood on the head is easier than trying to fit a mask on Mortarion.

Yes

I'm starting an IW army, can anyone hit me with a good start to an ironfire force?

Use a better OS maybe.

I'm gonna assume that Primarch heads are larger than the space marine model ones. I agree with the lack of mask being a problem and like the idea though.

Medusas and Quad Mortars

I used a normal Mark IV helmet for my Horus model and I needed to shave off a significant chunk of the back of the helmet to make it fit. No idea how Mortation's head compares to Horus'.

>doesn't suggest anything

Gee, thanks.

Oh shit senpai, can I get a pic? I'd love to see how it looks.

Need to find a comparison of an Aggressor head to a regular Marine head.

Thanks my dude.
I think it looks baller, but wouldn't it be more thematic to use a cataphractii helmet since the shoulder pads look similar?

Justaerin have MkIV/Tartaros style helmets.

A Fellblade is more of an all-round tank, where as the Glaive and Falchion are more specialized (anti-infantry/-monster and anti-tank respectively), the Fellblade is quite potent as either.

Aesthetics-wise, how different is the Eye of Terra from the Eye of Horus?

Terminator heads are too small, it made it look like the roof (?) of his armour was too high.

Thought the Typhon was the best Super-heavy tank.

Just got a Burning of Prospero™ box and was thinking of getting lightweight into 30k. I love the models and plan on making them pretty but I'm pretty invested into 40k already, with a large Necron army. What color scheme should I paint these mk.3 boys?

Yeah u rite. My bad boy.

>What color scheme should I paint these mk.3 boys?

What legion do you want to make?

Necrons look fantastic next to Death Guard or Night Lord, depending on whether you've gone for more bony or more ethereal glow.

I'm not saying the Fellblade is the best super-heavy, but it's quite flexible in how it operates.

The Typhon is amazing because of the sheer killiness of a 7 inch diameter Strength 10 AP1 template that ignores cover, all wrapped in a armor 14 box of doom, though it only has half the HP of any of the Fellblade variants, but is a great deal cheaper than any of them.

No idea senpai. I've been lurking the 30k threads because the community is cozy and the models look sick, so I like to see what people post. I have zero idea what the rules look like for each faction, and also with bland mk3 armor my options seem limited. Maybe Iron Warriors, or Dark Angels?

Iron Hands would go with their Necron connection.

Don’t be that guy. Shit.

Alpha Legion perhaps, as they actually use Necrontyr technology at some point (short story The Serpent Beneath).

Does anyone here typically run power armored command squads? I have the bits to make one but I honestly have no idea if I should ever bother.

I play Imperial Fists if that helps.

If you only want a small force then go for a legion that does well using the pride of the legion ROW (veteran squads and termis as troops).

What do you want me to do, give them gauss flayers and hyperphase swords? I'm pretty sure my first 30k opponent wouldn't be too happy.

I don;t know a whole lot about legion tactics.

So what legions interest you from a looks or fluff standpoint? Do you want to do traitors or loyalists?

A lot of the traitor legions seem legit, namely Death Guard and Iron Warriors. I'm just not sure who all would be lore friendly when it comes to fielding a bunch of Iron armor dudes.

Both of those legions would look great in mkIII and made extensive use of it. DG are a solid choice especially if you like chemical warfare and terminators. IW are for the more artillery minded.

Oh snap my dude, it's lit. With such a small force, what seems like the more tactical choice?

>mediafire.com/file/mmr4e1yy7fnyxgy/HH_Rule_Book.epub
I don't suppose we have some slick pdf version ?

After seeing that screaming woman, all I an think about is...

youtube.com/watch?v=Q5G8Wf66a5w

Not yet,I saw someone asking for it in the 40k thread

I guess all that is left is to wait then.

For some reason I was hoping for a rotor cannon buff, don't know what I was expecting honestly.

Go DG with pride of the legion, use the mkIIIs as veteran squads. Maybe get them some rhinos as transports. Then get a couple of contemptors and some terminators. For low points games this won't be too bad a starting point.