Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Blanchitsu edition

>Warhammer Community
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/25/on-the-first-day-of-christmas-nurgle-gave-to-megw-homepage-post-3/

>Daily Painting Video
youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZUT7xfC5U

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

DA CODEX:
mega.nz/#!Ald3GbDI!gE1W1yRfDZauVwh6xwmAIP4v16f3BdLb7TI6qcGj1nE

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer Updated for Tyranids? Math-user requests vetting
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

>I play as Chaos

> Plague tree
>Beasts of Nurgle
> 2 Plaguebearer Characters (presumably Heralds)
> Blight Kings on Flys
> Possibly a humanoid unit for AoS like Poxwalkers

What did I miss?

Can Magnus the Red take powers from the CSM codex?

I'm gonna play against him today, just want to be sure.

I am weeb and that video is still 1000 times better than AMV about that shitty anime.

The great unclean one at the end of the vid!

yes, there was some sort of FAQ or whatever when the CSM codex came out which allowed others to use it.

Doesn't he get to choose from the dark hereticus discipline?

Apparently Pestigors might be likely as well, as they've recently been mentioned in some of the AoS books.

It'd make sense because they already have Tzaangors in both settings.

Looking at starting a shooty SM army that allows me to play defensively. Any recommendations?

Tau

Play SoB or IG if you want shooty

There was a Warhammer Community post that allowed that... but it was deleted

So I've got the Tau Battleforce box and picked up a Start Collecting Tau box. So now I have:

10x Fire Warriors
6x Stealth Suits
6x Crisis Suits
1x Commander
1x Ghostkeel
1x Ethereal

Whats my next step for expanding my army? A Hammerhead maybe? Or some Pathfinders?

Devastator marines, vindicators

Ultramarine

3 boxes of kroot

2 Commanders and then some more screening units like Fire Warriors or Breachers or Kroot.

What are the more fun and unique armies out there?

Something like Space Marines seem a bit too vanilla and boring. They get a good toughness and armour save and then just get good weapons. Seems boring.

Ultrasmurfs with Bobby G, assbacks and chadblasters

Kroot are lame and ugly and for neckbeards

SM are real exemplar of boredom, if army of regular men have more character of oomph than them.

Captcha: extra bologna

Imperium Soup is a really fun and unique if you start pulling from some of the weirder units from the Ministorum and Guard and Inquisition and Custodes.

Blood Angels play a lot different than normal Marines.

Chaos Marines with Demons has a lot of neat combos.

Eldar have a lot of ways to play the army in a unique fashion.

Orks are also really unique, but a heavy investment.

Who can have a warlord trait in an army? Obs a HQ, but can independent charaters have one (Such as a champaion, or chapter ancient.

Any character can usually.

SM are the middle of the road faction. If you want unique, look at the alien armies.
>Genestealer cults
>Tyranids
>Craftworld eldar
>Drukhari
>harlequins
>ynnari
>necrons
>orks

Yes, any single model can be your model.

Characters can only get warlord traits though, unless otherwise specified, like named characters needing to take a specific one.

I can't tell you who can, but i can tell you who can't.

Sly Marbo

>Not playing your HH Legion in 40k and having a creative list
>Not making creative Marine lists that include their own planet Auxilia
>Not playing themed Marines

The problem is you

No that's still boring. If you brought that to a match I'd politely say it's neat, but really I'd be rolling my eyes internally.

Super Imperium Friends is the only reasonable way to play humans in 40k

T3 master race! Playing marines with the Imperium is just boring

I really don't see the SM=boring thing. They are only as boring as you make them

>I am a joyless husk who only exists to bitch
Ftfy

I painted up another icon bearer.

Im going to paint a little nurgling for him in wooden colours, similar to his wooden thigh plate.

Was looking at the Chapter Tactics and the Raven Guard's seemed quite interesting, would they not suffice for a long ranged army?

Sons of Hydra epub when? I spent all my money on the fucking Advent calendar so I'm poorfag now.

>Genestealer Cults
Mite b cool, they seem a bit too weak and with a limited range though.

>Tyranids
The newer generation of models seem a bit too overdone, except maybe the Trygon kit.

>Eldar
Cool, potentially but seem hard to paint and have ancient models

>Drukhari
Cool guys, their models seem a bit too fiddly, also split into 3 sub-factions and I only really like 1.5 of them

>Harlequins
Literally like 3 units the (((Army)))

>Necrons
Cool idea but the new gaudy egyptian aesthetic sucks. Should have left it to the Thousand Sons.

>Orks
Cool dudes, got some old models sadly. Their vehicles look like ass.

You have very little imagination.

Space Marines have an insane amount of variety from colors to conversions all the way to army layout.

Making a blanket claim that they’re boring speaks more of your unwillingness to look deeper into them than anything.

No I love a lot of things, your thing is just boring. I'm sorry for your waste of effort and money.

Talons of the Emperor can be fun if you mix it with Inquisition, Ministorum and so on, get some really weird combinations in your army that back/ boost your custodes mainline. You will have very few miniatures on the table unless you bring out lots of the cheap Inquisition and Ministorum units and despite its high toughness, is an army that will punish if if you fuck up.

My current goal is to get a thunderwarrior model and run him as an Imperial Space Marine counts as, fluff him as the last Thunderwarrior fighting in vengence for the recent Chaos expansion and for unity

If my theme you mean vampire/werewolf/goth/emo/another cliche, then thanks but no thanks.

lol they sure do buddy, you got em

So do every other army.
Witch Hunters (Inquisition) are basically the army

Marines are small time compared to that

>He can’t give a good response to user
>Poorly done sarcasm instead

W E W

all guesses and wishlisting
> Kugath plaguefather bits in the GUO set ( itd make no sense to not have a special character after the other 2 gods got theirs)
> Glottkin usuable in 40k. ( its a big expensive kit and gw would want to maximise sales of it)
> a smaller human scale version of the blight kings would sell like fucking crazy

What user said is basically like shouting "I like poop!" You don't need to respond to that with anything more than "Good for you buddy".

Wtf I love the black legion now

seconding this.

its not him who likes space marines tho, so jokes on you

But that’s wrong?

Marines can be interesting. Just because they’re the most popular faction doesn’t mean you can’t do something cool with them.

Oh you two.

Should the Commanders all be quad fusion?

>>ITT: Players who think they’re better because they don’t like Space Marines

I don't like Guard either

should /40kg/ put together some 1000pt starter armies, like the /aosg/?

A+ for bigotry, E for arguement

>Alpha Legion have whips
>Emperor's Children have whips
Just give us the models and rules for Power Whips already.

As a marinefag, they are better.
Now I’m trap with the boring army till I manage to sell it.

What should I add to my Guardsman squad as a special weapon?

Flamer or Grenade Launcher?

Not better, just laughing at Marine fags as usual. In a universe where you can pick from such a wide variety of xenos and human factions, so many pick beefy bald men with a gimmick and say it's interesting. Male power fantasy mixed with sadness is what it tastes like.

>Now I’m trap
nice

Some people play Marines because they enjoy warrior monks made into super human warriors.

Everyone has their reasons. Genetically modified super soldiers are a neat aesthetic.

you'll have your swords, staves, and axes and LIKE it.

only drukhari get to have whips.

Marines have no been warrior monks since BT lost their codex.

with the ap on the GL in the 8th, they both good imo

I'm too busy writing more harem waifus for Khayon

You are honestly retarded if you actually believe this.

Oh you!

Look at new marines release after BT. The knight and monk themes are basically gone

>you'll have your swords, staves, and axes and LIKE it.
I made most of my CSM HQs and Termis with Spears, and there is nothing you can do about it.

That would be good, especially if your Crisis can have some of the Burst Cannons for anti-horde. Also 1 Commander with quad Burst is also pretty neat from what I've seen.

>They only read the codex and not the fucking mountain of lore in front of them

> t. tabardfag

>X is boring
They exist in your imagination and in little pieces of plastic that you stick together and paint according to your imagination. Your imagination is the problem here.

Classic case of Marine fags on suicide watch because girls don't find their army interesting.

>Male power fantasy doesn't define IG as well
Do you know what power fantasy is?
>OMG army manz is so kewl cuz so weak but so brave!

>I play as all Primaris Ultramarines

Nice delusions fuccboi

No one would probably agree on anything and it would depend on what peopl want. The age of sigmar one si good because they just need players for a dying game, so it does not need to differentiate between comp and normal lists.

40k is much more popular, so people want different things I find there are waacfags, people in the middle who like fluff and to win and people who will play for fluff even if it means probably loosing most games and even then every stores meta is different, like in mine Talons of the Emperor is almost always winning, but based on what I hear, in most stores it aint shit.

>t.insecure space marine player

For now. Magnetize that shit together with your other crisis suits. As the other annons mentioned you should pick a troop choice next thing you do. A less faggy way of playing is to cool it down with the commander spam and add two hammerheads, one of which you run as lingstrike. Won't leta you win ad much, but is more fun to play if you ask me. You can use them as devilfish as well. The turret is removable.

boy did those responses not look good for ADB

I can't say I like Guard either, but they are not a male power fantasy. Liking Guard because they are the underdog is the equivalent of liking those movies where the dorky nerd gets the hot girl because he's nice. Both are equally terrible.

I'm not sure why Marine fags always default to thinking it's Guard fags that are the only ones who find their faction boring. In my experience it's mostly salty Xenos players who are annoyed their army isn't getting proper attention.

mfw marbo only has a powerlevel, no points cost given

Wheres your NYT bestsellers kiddo? Get on my level

Poins should be in the back of the book in the roster thingy, or they forgot him?

He's a special edition model and given his own rules when you buy him. Apparently it's just power level that is listed.

he's not in a book, his only rules come with him, there's no points value, the last page of the little booklet is just the Italian rules for him

Really good series so far. Can't wait for more to come out.

his rules kinda sux anyway, he can't 1v1 a primarch why bother?

When the complaint is "I do not like thing", the response "A lot of other people like it" seems perfectly adequate.

Just look at the models.
The lore could say they are transexual Jedi Knight and it would mean very little if the models just look like fat infinity models

>Marinefags and Guardfags at eachothers throats
>tfw I play both

Subversive tricks of the T'au no doubt

More Fire Warriors and a Fireblade. Then parhfinders for some markerlights if youbson want to use drones. Hopefully the maekerlight table will be changed in the codex

I always thought of them as angry turtles.

I like it. Special characters shouldn't have points values, just power. Then no one has to pretend they're "matched" against anything.

I don't have any. Then again, I don't have any daddy issues, so I'm calling that a win for me.

All according to Eldar plan.