Infinity General: Posterboy edition

Infinity is a 28mm scale futuristic skirmish game by Corvus Belli where spinoff game has the best boy.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>Catalog of fluff, dossiers, and unit models
human-sphere.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Rules wiki:
infinitythewiki.com/en/Main_Page

>Rules Wiki Offline Backup:
mega.nz/#!Dxs3VbKQ!_tRgLeIszkdMBvnpCFE4xHELtngLRL26cexppwmAIws

>Official Army Builder:
army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>Batreps:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO-Uv_G4cY91ZfMy3rWOKDQL1cl7YyYzf
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf5JWn6xciCkYcBaTLGs6_FmFiZtCk2zm
youtube.com/playlist?list=gL0RY70TH3C0mb1n3DaRmyToH44sUck

>Terrain:
pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ
pastebin.com/PJaETXMV

>Faction Rundown:
mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8

>The RPG Kickstarter
kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>WIP Tactica
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Infinity_Tactics

>RPG Character Creation
infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

>released RPG books (+ a couple scans)
mega.nz/#F!8pRURayK!Kj16fd7nQhEcaId8hKD4oA

Other urls found in this thread:

infinitytheforums.com/forum/topic/29491-killionaires-tutorial-joan-of-arc-in-90-minutes-fixed/
infinitytheforums.com/forum/topic/43879-killionaires-tutorial-alt-pose-isobel-mcgregor-in-90-minutes-fixed/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Last thread:

Topic of the day:
What units should Kaplan sectorial contain and how it is different to the Druze one?

I think Mobile Brigada links could be cool.

Kaplan sectorial isnĀ“t qapu khalqui?

As much as it's a Druze sectorial.

This game is so dead. I can't believe it is almost 2019 and there are still threads about it. get real, go play WH

I'm unsure, how many layers of irony that post contains. Four?

I love how these bait imgs are always different.

That is some awesome art, where is that from.

I liked the Druzes could fireteam with a remote, but I strongly disliked none of the niggers in that squad could be an engineer to fix the bot when it breaks, also none of those fuckers was a Forward Observer to tag its targets, furthermore none of them was a regular hacker to spotlight targets for the clipper or provide marksmanship
I would like the KTS to have a core which includes a combat REM
the "problem" the KTS would have is that none of the niggers in the core (as far as existing profiles indicate) could be a regular hacker, but it would not be THAT bad if the REM they team with has repeater. a fireteam of KTS with either of the sputniks would be nice, and a fucking team of KTS with the YuJing RuiShi would be great, especially if anything else in the sectorial can provide the smoke

But they can drop in Valerya G and a Brawler with engineer into the core team right?

>Druze
>Druze
>Clipper
>Valerya
>Brawler E

I had not read Valerya's special rule for the sectorial, but she is a bit too squishy unlike the brawlers and the druzes
The brawler is ok, and makes the team a bit less expensive but he also has one point less in WIP
The clipper is the one I'm not too much of a fan, I would have preferred an actual combat REM or the nomad StemplerZond

I think it's from that Android Netrunner -cardgame kids tend to play nowdays.

Infinity survives through the years because it is different enough from other games to be overshadow by "Game-X" popularity peak.

People are talking about doorkickers as an archetype but I've yet to see any doors to kick in the ~10 ITS missions I've played. Where do I find them? Are they part of the optional scenery rules?

the armory building (forgot which mission it is) is supposed to have doors that start the game closed but can either be opened all at once by spending a WIP short order or one by one using antimaterial ammunition
when setting up such pieces of interactive terrain you kind of have to be a fair player or have a neutral party set up the terrain, otherwise people tend to hoard good terrain (which can totally backfire if they lose the initial WIP roll to determine deployment and first turn)

I think it is still pretty mean, the clipper (w guided ml) will be buffed to MM2 and fire team bonus means that it will be hitting with a 2 burst ap/da/shock template in aro and active on 15`s (at worst) in all ranges and ignoring cover bonuses. The sectorial also gets two hunzakuts which are fantastic wip 14 FO`s, tons of pitchers and reapeters for Spotlighting so it might not b that hard to get the guided-mode working effectively. But you are obv right, Val is not exactly tough and the brawler has a weak wip which brings the team down

I'm not a fan of the re-sculpts, I don't like the fins on their helmets

There are no more armory missions in the new season of ITS. Lots of terrain has doors, we mostly play that they are open. We also tend to play with the rule that you can shoot into and out of buildings but not shoot through.

Or the even better regular missile launcher profile for explosive templates. Guided is a trap.

I think they balanced things out with that troop choice for the sectorial since the Hunz are irregulars and thus cannot fuel the fireteam, but they have camo so at least one should be ok
on a different note, you can field two fugazis and since hacking does not benefit from fireteam bonuses you can keep val hidden and prone on some roof or beneath some rock
the engineer can also sit down somewhere else outside the core and do his job through nasmat servants

If you are expecting TAGs bring the regular missile launcher, the fireteam bonuses (+1 B, +3 BS) plus Marksmanship (ignores cover to hit) from the hacker almost guarantees dead TAGs on your first strike or, alternatively, your opponent now has to tip toe his most expensive piece around the board
the guided one is actually better against IPs since its always a template weapon which ignores the +3 ARM bonus from cover (and is already ignores the -3 MOD to BS from cover) regardless of whether you fire it indirectly or not

Had an opponent try to use that against me by dodging his TAG towards and HVT.

You can also top the clipper-team with a Druze GL w EM and Nimbus to drop templates to flush out TO and MSV shitters, should you need to

as far as I know you can put the template on any point inside a miniature's base
the same goes for measuring the distance for purposes of MOD to BS or WIP
TAGs, REMs, and bikes have bigger bases so this impacts the game more
if he dodges towards an HVT the template does not move with him even if it had been a direct template weapon(which neither the unguided smart nor the regular launcher are), and it becomes a face to face roll against the REM BS roll, also TAGs have negative MODs for dodging (-6)
if the guided smart missile launcher was used then the TAG may dodge and I am uncertain about having to add a negative mod of -3 for not being able to see the missile, but the TAG might also use ECM or have a friendly hacker support him, but if he decides to dodge the tag will not drag the template closer to the HVT, even if it succeeds

also, let's not forget Arslan has a MULTI rifle to deal with anything close to the fireteam and due to lethality his weapon is strength 14,
he also has a viral pistol to deal with high ARM low BTS Ariadnans

the E/M dude is also great against any kind of REMs

Doesn't necessarily refer to busting down a door, it's just a model that's tough enough to get up in your opponent's face and clear out a room.

Circular impact templates are placed over the center of the base, you can't choose to move the template like you can when using speculative fire. He was trying to dodge nearer to the HVT so I couldn't continue to shoot him with missiles because the template would then clip the HVT.

Since the SML drone was out of LoF there is an additional -3 mod, his tag was facing -9 to dodge.

>KTS sectorial
- KTS. But with new/upgraded profiles. Maybe even Haris/Duo
- Nomad Combat REMs
- Haqq Basic/Baggage REMs
- KTS character
- Sforza?

Also wasnt the KTS company Beyhan Resources and the Druze were the White Star Company?

Oh cool, FRRM Anaconda has been updated with the new stats.

They're trying to do the same with QK Druze but it seems to be presenting some difficulty. The QK version has an x visor on its HMG where the DB version does not, and they appear to have accidentally removed core linkability. Also no paramedic or sniper, but that may be deliberate.

also, you can field 3 Pathfinder REMs, which can mark the shit they reveal, so there's that

Is there a list of all the factions that can run 2x TR bots?

I know Shas and NCA, was wondering if there were any more that weren't nerurocinetic.

Vanilla PanO, MO, NCA, vanilla YJ, QK, vanilla Nomads, Aleph and Shas. ISS is a special case that gets 3.

Just about all factions can run the usual 2 TR bots, you are forgetting the larger usual baggage/minesweeper/EVO bot comes with a TR combi profile.

I think Bakunin can run the most TR/Neuro set up possible. Its dumb, but if you want as much bullet in your reactive phase as possible, its doable.

>tfw you can have a second TR bot

The problem there is that the TR baggagebot isn't very good outside of a few scenarios. TR combi is basically just a passive supp fire. It's nothing like that sexy HMG bot or a Sin Eater.

Well yeah, but I covered that.
> Its dumb

Thanks!

On the third day of Christmas, Corvus Belli gave to me

Three Jaegers

Two Sapper Zouaves

And a shotgun for my Kuang Shi

I just bought red veil + expansion. Did I buy into a dying game?

Nah, it's growing pretty healthily. You playing Haqq, Yu Jing or both?

I don't know yet, they both look cool. Will decide after reading and playing a little. What do you recommend?

Doorkicker is a tough, usually fast model that can clear a room quick, usually with a shotgun or a DTW weapon. Examples include Father-Knight with BSG, Riot Grrls or Spektr with BSG.

The limits on Druze could be deliberate. Druze aren't that popular of a Core in QK due to their inability to link with Hafza. But Duos are played.

It's a trap, you're going to play both now!
It depends if you prefer a lot of big, fast and durable Heavy Infantry or a lot of cheap, well-trading and versatile Light Infantry. Yu Jing excels at the former and Haqq at the latter. You can notice how Zhanshi aren't good at anything aside from providing Orders to Hsien or Daofei, while Ghulam make great Forward Observers, corner guards (due to shotguns) and Doctors, but aside from Tarik and Al Fasid their main gunners are one Wound each.

Sniper being a deliberate exclusion is definitely possible (so as to avoid stepping on any Kaplan toes) and I don't think the para will be particularly missed, but I really doubt they're just going to remove Druze core from QK and the x visor on HMG is definitely a mistake.

The warmahordes kids are getting desperate for players.

They have too much overlap with other games.

wh stands for warhammer you dolt

--joke--

--(You)--

The game that doesn't exist anymore??

In my area Infinity is booming. 18 players at last ITS, 2x what shows up to 40k or AoS.

Its doubled every year for the last 5 years. While that kind of growth isn't sustainable, it is definitely in a great spot.

If anything, Aristeia being a sleeper hit is going to make more people interested in Infinity.

>If anything, Aristeia being a sleeper hit is going to make more people interested in Infinity.
Finally got to play it. Damn is it fun, and surprisingly easy to understand once you get the new guy through an entire round.

And just like in Infinity I activate my dudes in wrong order and end up losing where I should have won easily.

I have 10+ games under my belt and haven't gotten bored yet. That being said, really looking forward to the expansions to mix things up.

Senor Massacre looks like hell of a fun guy to play. And Hannibal is probably the most powerful one there. Maybe with him Lunah won't miss all the damn time.

That's the one criticism I have so far, a lot of Face to Face rolls end with ties.

I am looking to get into infinity, honestly i have been for awhile, I've even got a hold of a senior player that can teach me the basics and is situated close to my work so we can play a couple a times a moth if it works for both.

The ONLY thing that is holding me back is my lack of confidence in painting the minis, i've bneen trying to get a hold of the giraldez books to get an understanding of the difficulty, but only one place sells it around my country, and as such i've been hesitating to buy it, as far as i can see they're charging a bit over medium for it, confident that it will cost me more to import into my regressive shitty country.

Can someone,please, give me a link to the giraldez book so that i can see what it is like toi paint the minis?

I am looking mainly for Nomads or Haq if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.

The best answer i can give you is to grow up and paint them. You will be bad at it. You will get better.
Just do it. Its fun i promise.
Dont NOT PLAY THE GAME just because you think you need another book first to teach you how to paint toy soldiers.

I've painted heroic scale stuff for about a decade, it's just that the colours on the infinity stuff is alien and deviant from the norm that i've done before, and as such i guess that shit frightens me a slight bit.

Hence my request for the book. But i get what you're trying to say. I've just played 40k/fantasy and the like for long enough to despise playing unpainted shit, and thence do not want to field it m'self.

user, know that i love you and only want the best for you. I mean it in the best way when i say
Quit being a bitch nigger and paint your minis. Painting books exist to snatch $30 from nerds who are worried their toy soldiers arent "good enough" when the only hard reason to paint at all is to differentiate play pieces.
That said ive not seen a copy of it floating here, but game stores that carry ANY infinity should have a copy for sale behind the rulebooks.
But homeboy, making infinity models look good is way easier than making GW minis look good in my experience. Just thin your paints, dont be afraid to recoat and play the game.

You can paint them whatever color/style you want

Here's a top-class Giraldez mini. JUST PAINT seriously, do it, why are you still reading this spoiler you faggot

I repeat, your colors are fine, if youve been doing this so long, your paints are fine.
Its all good. Dont let lack of confidence stop you from playing a fucking table top war game. Cause the game is fun as fuck. I dont want you not playing for another week because you weren't confident enough to paint some game pieces.
We play games here sir. Stressing over paintjobs isnt worth it unless you are being paid to paint it.

Someone link to killionaires wash painting guide. Im phoneposting and dont have the links.
Dude these models paint themselves with some washes. If you can make heroic scale shit look decent you can do this. Other than drybrushing, which doesn't translate well here, all your painting skills and knowledge are applicable with some adaptation.

Niiiice

HASSASSIIIIIN

*snort* that actually made me laugh a fair bit.

Ok, so if i go into my FLGS on friday and want to buy something for myself to start with is operation icestorm a good investment if i am into oogling both PANO and nomads? Would these be good teams to coerce a friend into with playing with?

if not, can you please give me a decent starting point for nomads and Pano?

I get if you have better stuff to do, so if i get a "fuck off" can you give me a "fuck off, look at this youtuber"
Cheers

Sure, as someone who plays both sides of Icestorm, the starters are fine. So is Beyond, there's two iffy units overall: Bolt Paramedic and Grenzer Sniper. Everything else is fine, though bear in mind that Nomads start to shine with some more advanced rules like Hacking in play, and objectives based scenarios.

That is literally perfect if you like both. There is also an expansion to that called Beyond Icestorm. They are designed as intros to the game by slowly introducing new concepts.

Red Veil has nicer scenery but unless you want Haqq or YJ, its not where you want to look.

Since I got back home, here are the links to the guides I was talking about: infinitytheforums.com/forum/topic/29491-killionaires-tutorial-joan-of-arc-in-90-minutes-fixed/

infinitytheforums.com/forum/topic/43879-killionaires-tutorial-alt-pose-isobel-mcgregor-in-90-minutes-fixed/

Also Giraldez deals with airbrushing instead of conventional brushes iirc.

I just use the standard GW method of basecoat->wash->highlight and my models look better than most things I see posted here, in batreps etc.
If you can paint 40k/fantasy, you can paint Infinity. The models don't require any blending or NMM or zenithal highlighting or any other advanced shit.

Icestorm is fine provided you want to start those factions. Fuck, i painted my nomad Grenzer sniper red and called him an intruder.

thanks for the help! I'll check these out!

>sitting around thinking about outrage
>Jethro is a nobody of Knauf

Infinity in KH when

>Disney or Square Enix buying Infinity
Do you really want that?

so Christmas was awesome. I got the following models for Onyx

Onyx 300 point box
Doctor Worm
Samaritan
Imetron
Ikadron
Ur Diplomat (Nexus proxy)

I have $50 in an amazon gift card and I am thinking I can add a unidron swc box and a sphinx but what do you guys think I should get?

Unidron Batroid

yeah, that is one of the two items but should I get the sphinx or something else to go along with the unidron box to round out my onyx christmas?

Malignos. Or Shrouded/Seed Soldiers if you like those models better, they proxy real easy.

I'm interested in this game as my first mwg. A question I have, is if I buy red veil, and a starter for a different faction from their website, are the three balanced to where a friend could have the option to pick any of the three and they are equal, or will the outside starter be OP, or the reverse?

Depends on what that other starter is. The RV starters are relatively balanced against each other, but things vary a lot outside of that.

The RV ones will be a model up on the regular starter.

Okay, so it'd be hard to fuck it up as long as I go with that in mind. Good to know, thanks anons.

The outsider will be down 1 miniature to the two player pack armys. Also, if someone likes infinity, the starter set will very quickly feel limiting. That said its still a sweet idea for getting friends in.
Ideally id like to hace 3 evenly matched 200 (maybe250) armys and each player pick one to learn, but the game doesn't work great in 3 player.

On the fourth day of Christmas Corvus Belli gave to me

Four new brawlers

Three Jaegers

Two Sapper Zouaves

And a shotgun for my Kuang Shi

Easiest way to paint Infinity Minis--- they really lead themselves to this stuff.
infinitytheforums.com/forum/topic/29491-killionaires-tutorial-joan-of-arc-in-90-minutes-fixed/

Aren't the old forums gone for good soon?

yes to both, hell if you got that good shit get a box of drones and call it a night

GwBgLAPgzCIQgopyXwBIQEwEYCkAOTTXKbfAdlwEJswDsBWE7cgTmsxAJ2f2Guz98LXsRoEQxUiPH5JzGXjlTsMunKakoY4nKgL2VSnPzMwlGruz7S5PAAFHQA==

Anyone got a chance to play the rpg? Any good stories, greentext or not?

I'm definitely interested in the RPG.

However my current group got overwhelmed by Shadowrun. While the Infinity RPG is certainly simpler I don't want to push my fun.

The system overall looks pretty baller.

>Shadowrun

?

The 8th.

Even Angel can't make space marines look good.

Never forget

What do you wish for exrah to have in their sectorial?

die in a fire

That's Tohaa

If Maximus is wearing Moto.tronica power armour, shouldn't he be super fast instead of super-slow? Or does Moto.tronica usually make TAGs and Remotes and their cannot into Power Armour.
On that note, are ORCs the only ones using Omnia Research Corp armour?

So many questions, so few answers.