Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Quality painting edition

>Warhammer Community
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/26/the-second-day-of-nurgle-great-unclean-onegw-homepage-post-3/

>Daily Painting Video
youtube.com/watch?v=m3p_VuPIS2c

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

DA CODEX:
mega.nz/#!Ald3GbDI!gE1W1yRfDZauVwh6xwmAIP4v16f3BdLb7TI6qcGj1nE

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer Updated for Tyranids? Math-user requests vetting
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/txpURP5p
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Xth for the Dark City

remove

4th for hive fleet sunnyside

I PROMISED TO HAVE YOU DONE BY CHRISTMAS! I haven't even started shading!

My Emperor, I HAVE FAILED!

What painting/games/gifts did you get this year, Veeky Forums?

Copied from last thread, would humbly request thoughts on my AdMech army as someone just getting into 40k (with a bit of knowledge of 5th ed):

pastebin.com/txpURP5p

Gonna see if I can fit some Adeptus Sororitas in the remaining points because I'd like to field some of them as well if possible.

Managed to get a friend back into 40k, and other friend now interested in picking up a starter pack and playing a match just at that level to see if they like it.

>metal detectors and dogs to find booby traps

The IG would just send men into the traps.

I got a bunch of Cultists from myself

How much anti geq should I get for eldar for a 1.5k game.

Also can swooping hawks leave the board after fire and fade?

>38000 years later, men willingly fall for traps.

Is it really willing if a commisar is waving a bolt pistol at them?

It depends on the regiment

Depends on your meta but err on higher volume of fire. It's great this edition.

Also I don't think so. IIRC the swooping hawk ability is used at the ens of the movement PHASE, fire and fade just lets you make an out of order move after shooting.

but does that make them gay?

Added some gubbins to my brain bug

>2017 men want to fuck traps

Asking again due to no reply last thread for some advice on this list, or where better to go. Still thinking going with a unit of Raveners (love the model) a Neurothrope, a unit of 3xVenomthropes at least, rest is whatever. Though thinking heavily to go with a Barbed Hierodule, it has really grown on me in the past few hours.

With Christmas past now and having gotten $190 USD in spending cash and a Tyranid Start Collecting box (the Genestealer one) I am pondering on where to go next. I don't want to over commit (funny to say with Genestealers being as good as they are) to Genestealers, already have a Biovore (need to pick up two more), a Red Terror, and a box of 12 Hormagaunts. I am kind of thinking of a list along the lines of:

Battalion Detachment
Hive Fleet Jormungadr
Broodlord, Maw-Claws, Adaptive Biology, The Horror, Smite, Warlord
Neurothrope, Catalyst
20xGenestealers, 5xAcidmaws, 4xFlesh Hooks
30xHormagaunts
3xRipperswarms, 3xSpinemaws
3xTyranid Warriors, 3xBone Swords, 2xDeathspitters, 1xVenom Cannon
1xThe Red Terror
3xVenomthropes
6xRavengers, 6xScything Talons, 6xRending Claws, 6xDeathSpitters
3xBiovores
1xTrygon Prime, Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs, Biostatic Rattle
Fortification Network
Hive Fleet Jormungandr
Sporocyst, 5xBarbed Strangler, Spore Node
Super Heavy Auxiliary
Hive Fleet Jormungandr
Barbed Heirodule, 2xBio-Cannon, Massive Scything Talons

Thinking this is what I want to build towards, hits 2k points even and has a bit of everything nids have to offer. Plus most of them (except for Genestealers, though they are growing on me) are models I am fond of. Undecided on Barbed Heirodule or Scythed Heirodule, but, Barbed seems better due to the lack of fuck you and your tanks fire power the list has outside of it.

Should be ready for a coat of paint soon

Yeah but you treat it as a movement phase according to FAQ. Like you can even embark.

user, the Penis just makes it better.

why?

>Mines ahead!
>Send in the conscripts
>S-sir since the fall... we
>Either find some conscripts or I'll send you
>How about we remove the mines
>What do you think conscripts are for!
>I have an idea sir

TB knows, but he's not telling us!

not really a fan of the side plates, but the rest looks baller. i'd look into replacing those meself.

But it is NOT a movement phase, you just follow the rules for regular movement with the move. Embarking is done as a part of a regular move, not as an "end of movement phase" ability.

Well why not? Custom nids are cool, no?

>we will never get anything supported by GW in relation to the Lamenters

>on the left 6ft
>on the right 5'11

Honestly, I love it.
Post more if you have it

good

Gavrill > Fran

Its so you can roleplay their suffering. Its genius.

Hmm, so grenades don't work?

doesn't look very 'nid like

as of the BA codex they are not dead and got primaris reinforcements.

Don't tell me things about my waifu like i don't already know.

this is what happens when you don't thin your paints

The feel when you finally have time to paint

lamenters suck anyway

BA are vamps?

Oh fuck they need a bat unit.

You seriously think that's bad? At least people remember their name, sad times being a Destroyers fan.

Footslogging, Infantry-heavy Guard, how is it? Good, bad, WAAC? Also how are Rough Riders and can they finally take Lasguns again or is that option gone forever? Are Hellhounds good for anything anymore?
I'm just getting into 8th, haven't played 40k in a few years.

Look at it this way, now no one can ruin your fluff.

>Rough Riders
are they even in the codex? I dont think so

Lamenters want to make the universe just a little bit better, starting with one person at a time.

Yes, as it states "as they fly over a unit in the MOVEMENT phase" and though this move follows all rules for the movement phase it is still during your shooting phase. If it wasn't you would instantly destroy all of your fliers whenever you used Fire and Fade as they would end a movement phase without having moved.

it must be depressing when one of your successor chapters have more fluff and development than you

Well, ogryns, scions, and guardmen screens are good, mortars are mathematically better than Wyverns, and Heavy Weapon teams can take orders easier than a tank so it COULD work.

This is an overlooked boon.

I modeled my Blood Angels after the 5th Company, which had zero fluff for years, then Angel's Blade came out and turned them all into Death Company in one paragraph.

It's waac.
I'm serious.

Considering the fact that Giard can fill out a brigade in less than 500 points, it's fair to say foot guard are a little waac yes.

Wasn't it Faq'd that Fire and Fade on your flier destroys it because it only moves 7 inches and it has to move its minimum or else is destroyed?

before and after I redid the greenstuffing on my chapter masters tabbard, think it looks better?
Also post you converted/kitbashed characters

So fire fade flyer doesn't have to move?

You don't know the half of it

Yes, but that's if you use it ON the flier due to the way the flier rule is written. It also woukd affect ALL fliers if it just carte blanche granted you another mocement phase in general, again becausw of how the flier rule is wordes.

>Throws a bunch of conscripts into a minefield
>None of them explode
>Tanks Drive over minefield
>The very expensive Leman Russes all explode because they were MAGNETIC mines, mines with a higher pressure threshold, or just remote-activated by hiding enemies.

Quit your stupid meming and go cut some wires.

WARHAMMER 40,000 – CODEX: CRAFTWORLDS
Q: Can a Swooping Hawk unit use Fire and Fade to move
over an enemy unit and use the Swooping Hawk Grenade
Pack ability? If I use Fire and Fade on a Crimson Hunter,
will it crash due to not being able to move its minimum
distance? If a unit that can Fly uses Fire and Fade in a Fire
and Fury Battlezone, does it have to roll for the Burning Skies
special rule?
A: Yes in all cases.

So I've been wondering. Where did the "year of the Xenos" thing come from? Has that actually been stated officially anywhere is is it like, Facebook posts or wishful thinking? Because as much as I'd like otherwise, I have a hard time believing GW is gonna let up on treating Xenos as NPCs and sidelining anything not in power armor.

Forgive the typos, I'm a filthy fucking phoneposter and more than a little sloshed on leftover nog.

Index unit that can still be used.

My big guy

>footguard are WAAC and Rough Riders have been squatted
>mfw
I don't wanna be That Guy, but I've always liked the idea of watching my guard get mowed down in droves and keking because it doesn't matter, there's more anyways

HOW WAS YOUR GREAT HORNED RAT DAY?!

Coming from 5th to 8th ed. How are my Dark Eldar doing this edition?

You all get codexes but you lose every battle in your respective books for the next decade.

Didn't know they updated the FAQ, nevermind then in regards to the nades. It still shouldn't allow you to jump back into the air though, unless they specified it does in another FAQ.

You can still use rough riders. Foot guard is not waac it's just time consuming and therefore tiring to play against.

Guard are the new Taudar. Get used to it.

Theyre called drew carey now

>Have over 4000 points of Space Marines
>Still haven't played an actual game yet

Oh man I hope they do.

Depends user, did you like having HQ choices and flavorful rules in an effective army that requires skill to play but can win games if you know what you're doing?

patrician

Just set up a game time.

Jesus do you have no friends? I have 8 friends who all play, 6 of which who live near me.

Twas good user, I worked the overnight sjift to get Today off and get paid that sweet OT on top of my holiday bonus and still have 4 jars of nog left over (not including this one) after today's festivities. How was yours?

>tfw get a full week of double time because holiday pay

>what are scout sentinels

>Leman Russes
>expensive

I am in a similar spot with my CSM.
Started the hobby again in October after being off it for 10 years. Feels good to have all the stuff I ever wanted and just slowly build, assemble and paint it.

>Jesus do you have no friends
Correct

>tfw assembling dkok specifically to be footslogging

should i be worried? So far I have a battalion with 1000ish points, 3 squads of infantry and a command squad with 3 hqs, a malc infernus and a mars-alpha vanq leman russ

You're already a massive faglord, why even care?

How many people did he kill for an empty bottle to hug?

You don't even need to have friends, just go to your local game store and find people that play. Unless they (or you) are total assfagots I'm sure someone will agree to a game.

pretty sure they were meant to be played foot sloggy with their rules

I don't have be any friends either and I'm gross and a tranny but I started going to the store and got plenty of games. If there's a store with in an hour or so of you, you should go for it. It's a lot nicer than you would think.

So long as you aren't being an ass and going out of your way to be WAAC you're fine. Now if your list turns out to be blatantly too strong for some reason just tweak it.

are you that poster with the fw=nazi autism?

not enough

that's what I figured, with their orders swapped out and stuff

I think the general consensus is being non-caac but at the same time having fun and building a reasonably fluffy list, no?

Are storm eagles any good. I have ultramarines and I don't feel they should lower themselves by walking in the dirt like other, inferior chapters.

>building a storm eagle

Why do you hate yourself?

They're very good. Take Catachans or Mordians with a command squad bearing a standard and you get Ld. 9 troops. Take certain characters and that can be boosted to Ld. 10 or 11 which is as close to fearless as you can get. Just remember to mob up, keep the important weapons closest to the Ld. buffers, and spam those orders like no tomorrow.

Rough Riders aren't in the codex but you can take them from the index if you like and its legal according to the community site. But better to take Krieger Riders so you can have MOAR ORDERS!

Just make sure everything's painted. A painted footguard army looks cool. An unpainted footguard army looks nauseating. No. Disgraceful! Only those truly dedicated to guard and willing to paint every day should be allowed to footguard without being glared at by the entire store.

Hellhounds are cool, and Bane Wolfs now have assault melta cannons which are neat but not particularly powerful. The chemical variant you take to kill mechs and monsters but really the hellhound with track guards is better.

>Supporting holocaust deniers and buying the literal Nazis army
Scum of this earth

What's a good thematic Mymeara list? The Mrs. got a Guardian squad for Christmas and wants to paint them in a Mymeara scheme.

Also, why can't Guardians use a Bright Lance or a Missile Launcher etc. on their weapon platform, only a Shuirken Catapult?

Would you guys like to have a talk with the Company Techpriest about the proper use of HIS machines?

Yes, You should be worried Hitler.

Tyranid shooting is good enough and Genestealers are effective enough at CC that it's not a great idea to go so thoroughly melee in everything in your list.

The Barbed Heirodule is pretty much carrying your only decent anti-tank/anti-monster.

Trygons are no good at taking them out, they're another anti-infantry unit which like 80% of your list is already dedicated to. Trading out the Trygon Prime and the Red Terror for a couple of Dakkafexes (cysts, senses, spitters, HVC) will give you some more ranged punch.

It's hard to look at the list and identify what you can and can't do without, I imagine the Red Terror was included because you like the model, possibly the same for the Trygon Prime, but those are the only things I see that can be eliminated without breaking your force org or the balance of unit roles.

>I think the general consensus is being non-caac but at the same time having fun and building a reasonably fluffy list, no?

Pretty much. Just make a list you think works and that you like.