Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Catachan Edition

>Warhammer Community
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/26/the-second-day-of-nurgle-great-unclean-onegw-homepage-post-3/

>Daily Painting Video
youtube.com/watch?v=aZ5qSbUbwhk

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

DA CODEX:
mega.nz/#!Ald3GbDI!gE1W1yRfDZauVwh6xwmAIP4v16f3BdLb7TI6qcGj1nE

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer Updated for Tyranids? Math-user requests vetting
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

First for Biel-Tan

First to be fractured too

On a scale of 1 to 10 how obnoxious is it for guard players to hit units with -2?

Can we all agree that the Alpha Legion is the most boring legion ever? I think the only positive point about them are their colours.

Alpharius was a manlet too

kek BTFO

>Can we all agree
Only that your a faggot

Most boring traitor legion, yeah.
Out of every legion though it's gotta be Imperial Fists

>Can we all agree that the Alpha Legion is the most boring legion ever?

That would be Iron Warriors

>Your a faggot
Hang yourself.

I've been considering buying some 40k stuff (chaos marines) because the game seems fun and I like building plastic/resin models.
Is there a single player version? Do I need to blow 300€ on miniatures to be able to play? Is there a specific type of paint you need or do tamiya acrylics work?
I'm in Sweden by the way so if anyone has tips on where to buy this stuff please do tell.

Damn i didnt see i maed a grammatical mistoke. Theirs only won person who needs to hung thought n dats u

Babby jelly Perturabo fanboy detected

but you can put tank treads on your terminators. they are basically the only loyalist marines that I like

Iron Warriors are great.
Only low IQ retards dislike them.

nvm. I read Iron Hands instead of iron fists. yeah iron fists are boring me to death just thinking about them

>Is there a single player version?
Closest thing to singleplayer you'll get is playing one of the video games.
> Do I need to blow 300€ on miniatures to be able to play?
Depends on the army you chose. You can play Necromunda instead of normal 40k and only need to buy a gang.
>Is there a specific type of paint you need or do tamiya acrylics work?
Good acrylic paint. GW's paints are alright but way overpriced, there are cheaper alternatives.

Kill yourself

>Iron Fists
I think Ferrus Dorn is a great primarch too.

just got a necron barge box

should i put together the annihilation barge or the command barge? i'm thinking the command barge for the 12" mwbd and just take more immortals than normal

Krieg is comfy.

these legion names are killing me

Blood Eaters Best legion

Thanks. Guess I'll start out just getting some minatures then.

>sloppity bilepiper

krieg a cute

>Implying the Death Scars aren't way cooler

>Is there a way I can play a two-player game by myself?
Yeah, buy two armies. Otherwise get some friends to all but SC! boxes or something and play some games with real people. Wargaming is sort of a social hobby, why would you want to take that away?

>tfw selected to participate in the vitae womb program with her

Anyone wanna give input on a Deathwatch list? It's only 500 pts (and I'll try and add some bits to get it to 750) and I'm trying to roll down to the GW tomorrow to play my first game.

Watch Captain - 81 pts
+Master-crafted boltgun
+Power Sword

Deathwatch Killteam - 125 pts
5x vets w/Sergeant
+Frag Cannon

Deathwatch Killteam - 151 pts
6x vets w/Sergeant
+Storm Shield (2)
+Combi-flamer (2)
+Deathwatch Shotgun

Mortis-Pattern Dreadnought -141 pts
+Twin Autocannon (2)

498/500

I'd also appreciate if anyone had any tips for for playing a first game.

not as classy as the Ultra Lords

>Not Night Guard
Konrad Corax is the best primarch

Waifufag, please go away

If I have 2 detachments of 2 different hive fleets can I have a relic in both?

WAAC

It's a social hobby populated by anti-social people

CAAWL

Nop. You can’t.

I got an Eldar start collecting, and some dire avengers and an autarch on the way. What else should I get?

>Want to look at 360 pics to paint my models
>See this
But why? Fire Warriors sprues are from 2014. It seems like GW is NOT reboxing them - reboxed kits are marked as out of stock on the GW store. New fire warriors kits so soon? Strange

>you haveto be fluffy for tournaments
I never mix fleets unless it's for a tourney. All bets are off, I know I will be facing a dude with 2 daemon primarchs and a baneblade spammer.

alright

(You) first

Just finished "Sons of the Hydra".

OMG THE C'TAN?! The C'tan now called the Shard-born are still operating and intending to exterminate all that exists in the galaxy down to the last star
OMEGON might still live?

The novel has a zigzaggy story

It's for anti-social and introverted people to actually get out of their mother's basement and socialize for once in their lives, yes.

a lighter and a nice fireplace

That's why I fucking hate this legion.

So would it be retarded to give a 21st chapter beastmen mutations? Is that a purge worthy mutation like the Flame Falcons or could it be accepted like the Black Dragons?

it was a joke, but yeah you can take relics for both but I think even nids have to pay 1cp for a second relic

She's got military uniform on, she's likely infertile.

Hasn't worked for me yet. Maybe next year.

They're still in stock on the US store.

harsh

I've got plenty of lamps to use for light though when I paint them.

Honest question, why not just go Space Wolves?

>tfw have over 5000 points of IG but havn't got the guts to actually play a game yet

Yeah we do.
But that other guy said I couldn't take a relic on my other detachment.
Which one of you are correct?

Alpha Legion is a fucking mess.

So was the Spire of Dawn set for AoS. It was sold out online in EU but in stock in US and other countries. Few weeks later it was sold out everywhere and OOP

Where do you live user?

>Any thing that is interesting and fun is STUPID

Try and get more frag cannons switch autocannons for lascannons

I bet none of that is actually confirmed. Give me the spoiler rundown user, I'm never gonna read it.

I don't know what rule he is referring to but I haven't seen one that says that

Everyone's fucked. Maybe.

i feel this user. Im honestly worried that i would be slow cause i would be new to actually playing and i dont wanna fuck around and waste someone elses time.

Nice tldr. So nothing happens

It's not really that much of a mess.

The Arch-Lord of the Alpha Legion that some speculated to be Alpha or Omegon turned out to be the Deceiver.
He manipulated the Alpha Legion for many centuries to forward his plans
After an epic battle in which the C'tan shard absolutely wrecks face, it is captured in a pokeball
The main hero escapes the planet as it collapses on itself by the C'tan rampage.
He intends to ask the imprisoned Deceiver about the whereabouts of his liege primarch

Because of two reasons. A, I am personally not a fan of the "VIKINGS AND WOLFS" theme that they have going on. B, I find that horns are easier to paint and decorate over fur.

Now if horns are indeed just too big a stretch then I'll just turn them into a chapter focused around hunting.

You can summon after disembarking.

They never stop making the alpha legion xeno cucks. First the cabal then dorn now this.
haha. Fuck AL

We were all new and bad at this once.
Just dive in head first and go with the flow. Reflect on what you did once it's over and make sure you remember the rules regarding the shitty situations you wound up in.

then play again

Nobody except for the absolute spergs will give you a hard time for being new

>absolute spergs
Yeah not like there's many of those who play 40k

I'm trying to cobble my old Orks together into something resembling an army. Any feedback on this list as a starting point?

I've never met someone who would be upset at helping a new player learn how to play. Most players are pretty friendly, despite what Veeky Forums would want you to think.

How do you export pngs user? I have android.

Dorn is a xenos

But what if I'm the absolute sperg?

Traitors by definition are cucks. In the case of chaos marines they are either chaos cum dumpster or Xenos cum dumpster

As in what, a super swole eldar?

if a chapter is secretive enough about their flaws they can possibly get away with anything ala blood angels and their sometimes even more fucked successors. Maybe if you had it so that some were hit harder than others? so that you could have at least a lore reason for them to be interacting with some other form of the imperium. baring that just make them loyalists declared renegade.

Then watch other people, and then try to learn from them.

Seek out other sperges and create a nuclear reaction.

You should make 2 outrider detachments instead of the one patrol.
3 koptas, hq, boyz
2 koptas, hq, bikes
2 cp extra for just rearranging your dudes

>57124171

loyalist are by definition cucks. To the emperor and now guilliman.

But getting played by xenos. Not even Tzeentch. Its just pathetic.

exterminatus worthy, beastmen mutations are tzaangor-tier impurity

find a nice non-sperg who will treat you like a human being. As long as you aren't an absolute cunt people will tolerate mild sperging

Hmh, alright, how do other renegade chapters fare? I know the Blood Knights kicked ass and took names until the day they died.

To be fair, the loyalists got played like fiddles in the novel What do you call someone who gets cucked by a cuck?

You should make them. Anyone who disputes your loyalty must defeat you on the table top.

A good friend of mine got Tau for Christmas and he wanted to do a 1500pt game against the new Primaris Marines That i received. How fucked am i?
++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Dark Angels) [95 PL, 1491pts] ++

+ Fast Attack +

Inceptor Squad [10 PL, 145pts]: 2x Inceptor, Inceptor Sergeant
. Assault Bolters: Assault bolter

+ HQ +

Master in Gravis Armour [7 PL, 134pts]: Boltstorm gauntlet, Master-crafted power sword, Shroud of Heroes
. Warlord: Brilliant Stragegist

Primaris Lieutenants [5 PL, 81pts]
. Primaris Lieutenant: Plasma pistol, Power sword

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 94pts]: Bolt rifles, 4x Intercessor
. Intercessor Sergeant: Power sword

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 104pts]: 4x Intercessor
. Stalker Bolt Rifles: Stalker Bolt Rifle

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 104pts]: 4x Intercessor
. Stalker Bolt Rifles: Stalker Bolt Rifle

+ Heavy Support +

Hellblaster Squad [16 PL, 165pts]: 4x Hellblaster, Hellblaster Sergeant
. Plasma Incinerators: Plasma incinerator

Hellblaster Squad [16 PL, 165pts]: 4x Hellblaster, Hellblaster Sergeant
. Plasma Incinerators: Plasma incinerator

+ Elites +

Aggressor Squad [12 PL, 228pts]: 5x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant
. Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher: Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets

Primaris Ancient [4 PL, 69pts]

Redemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 202pts]: Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Icarus Rocket Pod, Onslaught Gatling Cannon
. Storm Bolters: 2x Storm bolter

++ Total: [95 PL, 1491pts] ++

Everytime I see that pic I laugh thinking of this

Marines mordant though. No names don't count.

>tau
You'll be fin-
>primaris
You're fucked.

dorn is really the moustache which is in fact a secretive species of xeno which in turn controls the primarch which in turn explains his autism!

>How fucked am I playing a top tier army against a low tier army
Unless he's spamming commanders and drones you should win

I'll ask again since it wasn't answered in the other thread.

Do Imperial Knights work as a stand alone force, or are their points costs too high and model count too low to justify taking more than a couple of divisions as part of a guard army?

That sounds fun.

Those guys were dead in the first chapters. I am talking about what came later.

I only use the desktop version, and it's just got a Save Img button. Sorry.