Nerd club

Did your high school ever have a club for tabletop gaming? If so what kinda stupid stuff did you guys do?
I'll go first
>have our first campaign
>face our first big puzzle
>the dm tries to teach us not to always resort to violence by pitting us against a monster that only gets stronger the more aggressive we get
>being idiot kids we try everything violent we can
>each and every one of us dies a gruesome death

>senior year of high school, 5e was just released
>never played D&D or any RPGs before
>somebody gets together a ragtag group of fags to play D&D with, including me
>we don't actually know each other very well and don't quite get along
>the game quickly devolves into resentment and passive aggressive jabs
>the bubble bursts in the middle of a combat when wizard casts crown of madness on dumbass fighter, he attacks the rogue, who runs away and attacks the wizard, etc
>my ranger does nothing, I'm just sitting at the table awkwardly
>excuse myself
Good times

No; I don't think so, anyhow. I started playing tabletop well before entering high school. You'd think I would have looked into it or started my own despite being in the same school for five years (there was not middle school), but no, I never once considered it.

I literally just walked the halls and shot the shit with my friends for five years. Does it count if most of the things we ever talked about were fantasy / sci-fi novels and video games?

>the one on the right
Hnnnnng

Yeah. I was it's founder. The membership was largely just me and my buddies, which suited me fine since it was just an elaborate excuse to fit in an extra session in the week. It got quashed by the VP after like a month and a half for "promoting gambling" but actually because he was a huge christfag and his daughter started showing up. Really a shame. She was a good player

No, but I had a few friends who decided to play Pathfinder during lunch. Needless to say, it didn't pan out.

me and two of my friend started one after school, we had a good few years but then the rest of the group started having scheduling issues, since I was the only roleplayer there a bunch of the younger kids, there to play magic or Warhammer mostly, decided to give RPGs a go, their first characters were...not promising
>Death the Kid
>Gaben
>Goku
>Nightwing
>Ichigo
I really should have abandoned them after that, but I tried to power through and teach them to play well, I got 3 sessions before giving up and leaving

>promoting gambling
What, you mean you weren't playing a diceless RPG? What a rube!

I was one of the founding members, albeit back when I was in middle school. Ran it all the way up until I graduated. Highlights include:
>The time we spent two hours arguing over a riddle, because we were convinced if you got the wrong answer, the door would try to kill us. The barbarian got tired of it and just yelled it out as loud as he could.
>The time the ranger fell off of a tower and broke both legs, and we tied him to his riding dog to use as a mobile turret.
>The time one of the players homebrewed a Filthy Frank Omniverse RPG.
>The time another player made a very detailed, very railroad-y arctic survival adventure, and the party derailed it into a screaming burning wreck within minutes.
>The time a character almost died by being bludgeoned with a stand-up bass.
>The time we threw pizza at the DM from over a fence and hit him with cake.

I miss those guys.

>the one on the left doggy style with her ponytail bouncing around

The reasons girls avoided HS gaming clubs.

The closest we had was Yu Gi Oh because my high school is hood as fuck. But it may have changed since I graduated over a decade ago.

We had other clubs that were kind of nerdy like guitar club. Some of the stereotypical slacker cool kid types would show up but the only consistent members were nerdy music kids who were really fucking good at guitar.

Don't worry they're in my harem now.

I was a member of the games club at my high school, the stats teacher ran it. We mostly played board games, we were big fans of Ed Beach's work (Here I Stand, Virgin Queen, COIN series).
When we started playing RPGs, we didn't have any long term thing going, we switched DMs every 5 or 6 sessions.

>Did your high school ever have a club for tabletop gaming?

yes but it got shut down because the two black kids stole people's magic cards

No. After I got out of highschool, I gathered the support of people at the FLGS and got them to sign up for a group that support Tabletop Gaming in the local scene.

As the admin of that group, I went before the local school board and pleaded my case; that people who didn't belong in the current extracurricular activities should have the option choose to join a tabletop gaming club.

I argued the help it could have on the academics of children and I made such a good case for it they immediately implemented a test club at one of the local schools. Last I heard that club was doing so well with support that they were putting it in the other schools in the county.

Nope. not even that small of a school, but there were no "nerd" cliques. there was just regular old "tier f worth" cliques. I was not part of any of them.
there wasn't even a goth group or a weeaboo group.

>Don't flirt with me silly boys, teehee

Didn't have a club that was specifically Veeky Forums related, we had the anime club. I was in it for the entirety of high school. During it I learned how to play MtG, D&D (3rd), and spent summers playing vidya and tabletop with my buddies.

First campaign was terrible though. Only two people had played D&D before and it had been 2e. Guy running it never had before. And it was almost the entire club playing (10+ people shoved into the basement). My first character ever was a human fighter who focused on two-weapon fighting. Just to tell you how bad we all were, my first ASI was in INT just to get more skill points.

Anyway, party was pretty much just walking around the world beating up monsters. Finally took down a blue dragon at level 5 and there became a big problem of the DM doing the "it's not in the rules so you can't do it" which caused a few players to quit since what fun is an RP if you can't at least try doing something (I honestly can't remember what it was they wanted to do but it wasn't bad as far as I remember).

Switched to playing generic World of Darkness, Call of Cthulhu, WHFRP 2e before the group went back to 3e. After a while though we switched to 4e (which had just come out). So yeah, things were pretty fun for a long time.

I grew up in a little hockey town in canada with a grad class of 300 kids. If you didnt play sports or know how to talk sports you were bullied. Spent all highschool hiding my powerlevel until I graduated and realized being a nerd made me happier than pretending to like sports much to my dads dissapointment.

>senior year
>class spergs are well-known
>teacher announces d&d club
>friends decide we should all go
>meet up in a classroom
>usual suspects are present
>desks all pushed together to try and make a big table

we didn't even finish making characters. he was trying to get us to play 3.5 and i rolled the most generic fighter possible to try and put the party on my back. one of the other guys there who could barely speak coherently (somehow was not special ed) was adamant on playing a female elf barbarian and was drawing her on the back of his character sheet in the autistic sonic oc style (you know exactly what i mean). meanwhile my friends all tried to make the most disruptive characters possible and i don't think we met after the first time

fuck that shit