He doesn’t use a ledger for his shitcoins

>he doesn’t use a ledger for his shitcoins

Why not?

link if anyone needs it
Https://www.ledgerwallet.com/r/849b?path=/products/ledger-nano-s&tracker=849b

WHat does that do?

But i am. Not worried about anything happening to online exchanges/wallets now

I got mine 2 days ago and tbfh I don't see it as anymore secure than a paper wallet.

Maintains your private key offline in a hardware wallet. The coins are not on the Ledger as some people incorrectly say, they are always on the blockchain. However there is a lot of increased safety in maintaining your private key offline in such a way. However Im scared shitless of not having it written down on a cloud or something so if your house burns down your key is gone. Some people print their safety words in multiple locations, or store it on an offline PC under an encrypted file.

What’s a private key?

>tfw had a ledger for 14 months and only used it once
>tfw I have 300k sitting on multiple exchanges

Why not? Because I'm a boss

take off the plastic from the cable you fucking degenerate

Essentially your password to your wallet. A public key is your address, used to receive and transfer funds, visible on the blockchain. A private key is your password so you can get into your wallet in the first place

I have an envelope at the bank, costs me 55 bucks a year. its good too because your next of kin will get it if you die.

Can I due this on my samsung 8+? This would solve so many issues for me.

You need to do some research on how cryptocurrency works friendo.

The private key gives you access to send transactions from a wallet address on the blockchain. That's what you own when you buy bitcoin, you really own the keys to unlock funds. You never actually possess a coin as such

It's literally just a mix of letters and numbers and can be transformed by a SHA to give you a public wallet address

lmao

Gotta keep it fresh so I can try and sell it as new when the crypto bubble POPS

Bought mine 5 days ago and still pending shipping.

Why would I need a wallet? Why can’t I just keep everything on the exchanges?

imagine some kind of exchange app that exchanges all the coins without an exchange, i think i've seen some upcoming coins that do this. the speed and convenience of an exchange with the security of holding your private keys at all times. maybe even on your phone connected to a wallet by usb for extra security.

Does it have GPS? If not, I will make one with GPS app for your phone and make lots money. Rajash programs.

Its not fully yours unless you have it on hardware

Christmas litmas

It's more secure because by default it uses a new address for every transaction, and you don't need to move your entire balance into a hot wallet in order to spend it. Also the device has a screen which shows send/receive addresses, which avoids malware that changes the address displayed on your computer's screen.

they're absolute garbage and buggy as fuck, stay away

more information? As I understand, they are near flawless with Ethereum and Bitcoin, only trouble is with some new altcoins. Am I wrong, do BTC and ETH have issues?

the thing is altcoins move and change so fast legder would need to store at least 100 coins to be viable.

Reported your affiliate link to Veeky Forums and Ledger. Ledger doesn't even allow Veeky Forums traffic and they will ban your ass.

No issues

unusable with bch and support is absolutely useless and dont give a single fuck, their cto reponds to people having their money stuck in limbo with things like "maybe we will fix it next month"

fucking lazy french surrendermonkies, ledger is not a serious company

look at their subreddit various problems that are not being solved, i had to enter my recovery phrase on my computer on non-ledger software to get my coins off of the ledger

Alright, thanks. I only bought mine to store my ERC-20 ICO token on it, maybe some Ethereum. So it sounds like for those purposes it will be acceptable

Ownaj idioth

personally I will probably never use it again, you are forever at the mercy of incomptent french engineers and their API might go down at any moment and they wont fix it until 6 weeks later

Weewee
It owns I swear

I have one it owns

There's your problem. Ledger doesn't deal with shitcoin cash.

The year has only started and yet you've set the bar for dumb shit extraordinarily high. Good job, user.

>trusting the jews
user, I think you're missing the point of crypto

>you are forever at the mercy of incomptent french engineers
That's not how this thing works though.

kys

Who gives a flying fuck? You have a recovery passphrase written down - you own the coins.

What does that mean?

actually it does you fucking retard

thats exactly how it works, youre dependent on their abysmal api to transmit transaction info to the blockchain, enjoy

you fucking retard, as soon as you enter that code on any computer you have compromised the security that the ledger brings, fucking brainlet

What if you lose it. How is it more secure than a bread wallet

thats not how a hardware wallet works, if it was there would be not logic in owning one

if this thing fucks up, you will lose all your money

>hardware wallet
>telepots behin u
>steels usb
>nothin mooned kid
>???
>secure
You're better off just storing that shit on a fully encrypted drive with backups and not using it on shit OSes.