Hey Veeky Forums, let's try something new

Hey Veeky Forums, let's try something new.

Here's a good doc with a bunch of names and pictures of characters I've compiled. I'd think it would be fun for you guys to go through, pick one or a few you like, and comment about it, by filling in backstory, or just something about them!

If this sucks, I'm sorry, just trying something I haven't seen done before.

Docs Link: docs.google.com/document/d/1zfuyiws-KAo1gWp4ik6XSOsKKs5pnxqleG8sTwooIFM/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_Russia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Trubnikova
behindthename.com/
surnames.behindthename.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You would be as well posting the images senpai.

You'd probably be far better off making your own and maybe asking for inspiration or feedback. I'm not really inclined to make anything up for random names, titles, and various pictures I've seen in character art threads.

Thanks, I was trying something new here, feel free to sage.

OK OP so you named this one
>Senator Creyaht Dhamure
Amirite?

But she's wearing a military dress uniform with a stylized flower theme (bars and epaulets) that looks kind of Asian or South American in style to me. The earring also looks like it might be a decoration, rank signifier or have a military theme too with the two bars.

So basically when I read this I was thinking about senators and whether senators would still wear military dress and/or use military titles. And I find a world where they do the former but don't do the latter kind of weird, unless senator is by *itself* a military rank and senators are exclusively drawn from the armed forces. So I guess that's where...
>Creyaht Dhamure
...is from. By the way that is a really stereotypical dumb fancy name.

And then I guess I tried to think of what flower the uniform is like and I know you get white foxgloves and white tiger lilies and I think it is more like the latter, so I guess that's the name of her unit or corps or officer's club or military society or whatever the fuck. And she's probably a hardass who took elf ears trophies in the war and paints her lips with cochineal crushed from beetle-people children or some shit.

>dumb fancy name
*dumb fantasy name

Man fug. Thanks for helping this dumbass thread. I tried to make the name somewhat fantasy-"Russian", but saying it to myself makes it sound retarded.

She's actually one of the more "fleshed out" ones, and I set her to be a former military officer, who faked everything about her service, like her unit, where she was, her kills, etc. and now she has to keep up the facade as far in as she is. She looks like a badass on the surface, and is probably competent in a fight, but has so much to lose if she's found out that that's where her spark comes from.

Why y'all niggas always tryin' to get other people to do their work for them on this board? It didn't used to be like this, dawg.

Word, mi amigo negro. I started this thread for others to use as a worldbuilding experiment, but I realized that no one gives a fuck about people with preset names and faces, so that's where I failed.

To be fair if you were asking for inspiration or 'I need an X for Y, what have you got?', I'd be more inclined to pitch random ideas, compared to the literal hundred of clips of whatever the doc was.

I'm going to sink this thread and write it off as a failure, thanks for at least letting me know my ideas were bad. Goodnight Veeky Forums.

Thanks for the nice picture at least.

why is it nearly all women? Is this a jack off thing?

>taking nu/tg/pol/ seriously about anything
You're an idiot.

>Creyaht Dhamure
>somewhat fantasy-"Russian"
It's absolutely not anywhere near. Srsly, just open wikipedia and look for an article with some notable characters in desired culture history, and than shamelessly rob it for names. For example:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_Russia -> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Trubnikova
Maria Trubnikova sounds suitable for that military lady, IMHO.

Or use this site, which I consider one of the best for naming characters
behindthename.com/
surnames.behindthename.com/ this one has much less of it, but sometimes you can find surnames that are unrelated to names, which is also useful.

>Creris, Necro-Mage Hopeful
>163

>young (80-60ish) elf that was rescued by an old druid after her tribe was decimated by an orc invasion
>he attempted to hasten her development in order to use her to manage a chuck of the forest he no longer was able to deal with alone
>the forest was abandoned by the spirit that protected it and fell victim to the hordes of orcs who burnt and killed everything
>his plan of rescuing young elves and educating them didn't work because they're too dumb, and now Creris thinks the druid is her mom or something
>among the other things the druid entrusted with the well-being of the forest was a salvaged golem full of glitches and bugs, a young dragon that started its hibernation cycles a few centuries too early, a farmer who died before the first generation of trees even reached maturity, a werewolf who couldn't live anywhere but at least he'd be able to feed in the forest and be useful in protecting it against external dangers; this kind of useless rejects
>so thinking he did a good job of assembling this team to guard and manage the forest in his absence, the druid set out to seek out other elves to repopulate the forest with, and hopefully also a nature god or a spirit that would accept to bring new life to the forest and defend it as their domain, only to find that the elf got lost outside the forest and went looking for him
>such is life when you're a druid

why can't I save the pics though ?

Try posting the pictures here if you want people do do write ups.

I usually don't have a problem coming up with backgrounds on the fly, I kinda suck at names though.

This, I am not even sure how to save images from google docs, but I am sure images would allow Veeky Forums to do its magic better than link to google doc.

>I am sure images would allow Veeky Forums to do its magic better than link to google doc.
Ja.
Veeky Forums might be creative, but it's also lazy.
We get threads similar to this one all the time.