Wailing Slide Edition

Wailing Slide Edition

Paid the fucking Penalty: >What is Kingdom Death: Monster?
Monster is a board game about surviving in the darkness. You play a bunch of cavemen stuck inside the world of the Kingdom Death, a setting full of freaky (and sometimes psycho-sexual) monsters.

Prologue Narration: [YouTube] Kingdom Death: Monster - Prologue (embed)

This game has 3 phases.
1. You hunt down monsters for resources
2. Fight them
3. Return to your settlement with the goods
Your goal is to arm your survivors and grow your settlement over 25-30 'lantern years', overcoming the odds that are against you.

A maximum of 25-30 sessions are expected for a successful campaign. Shorter campaigns will be available in 2019-2020.

>tl;dr
It's basically Warhammer Quest meets Monster Hunter meets Berserk.

>Official Sites
kingdomdeath.com/
twitter.com/kingdomdeath

>1.3 Rulebook
mega.nz/#F!WpB0VJhB!KS3q6INY0vT8IPdtKc9aPQ

>Official FAQ and Living Glossary
kingdomdeath.com/faq/
kingdomdeath.com/wp/living-glossary/

>Other
Official build guides: build.kingdomdeath.com/
Upgrade 1.3 to 1.5 guide: kingdomdeath.com/wp/upgrade-to-1-5-edition/
Unofficial lore and miniature build guides: vibrantlantern.com/
ART OF DEATH artbook: kingdomdeath.com/downloads/kdm-artbook-web-high.zip
1.5 Core Game and 1.3 expansion miniature info image: i.imgur.com/t0clW3a.jpg (embed)
Gambler's Chest (coming in 2nd half of 2018) miniature info image: i.imgur.com/A64r2Ar.jpg (embed)

>Thread FAQ (Last updated 16th of December)
pastebin.com/raw/V9sMmLJJ (embed)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1201203150
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Should I be getting 2 weapon xp per quarry hunt or 1? the reward is 1, but do I also get one for wounding with the weapon?

Fucking idiot, you get one if you caused a wound

Then I don't understand how it's possible to get mastery if level 2 quarries give 2 hunt xp and you're only getting 1 weapon xp, you'll retire before you get to mastery

I get his confusion though, as it is kind of stupid to list Weapon proficiency under monster rewards but also list how to gain it elsewhere in the rules. It could have been written better.

>wrong field
leave it to someone who isn't so retarded, newfag

Nightmare training.

Is there any way to get gear off a dead survivor mid-showdown?

At 16 population, kingsman level 1 doesn't seem to have any good reason to not just sacrifice 4 no-namers and lose my non-existant pottery?

Second prologue survivor finished.

Then you'll have to face him at level 2 and 3 instead of 1 and 2 on their respective years.

could use some definition/shading imo good otherwise

Like my own body, i'm sure it looks better in the dark

Best TTS mod?

so i bought the resin model of the manhunter anyone have a pdf of the FA/HL/AI deck? i cant see myself buying the expansion after getting the resin model for myself and having extra bases for it

Really enjoyed painting these.

If you wound at least once you are eligible to gain any number of hunt XP.

wut?

Sweetie, ask your mom to read the rules for you.

^ makes no sense
-you dont need to wound to gain hunt xp
-you are never eligible for more then 1 weapon proficiency
-you can only gain weapon proficiency if you wound at least once

your entire sentence makes no sense whatsoever and just jumbled together a few random words.

Oh I understand your confusion now, when I said Hunt XP I meant to say Weapon Proficiency.

do you remove consequences when you lose an innovation?

also can you set up a survivor on the stone face?

That's no longer true in 1.5. You now always fight the level listed on the Settlement sheet, with the exception of special cases such as heart flute.

No. Otherwise if you lost Language, you'd lose almost every innovation.

yes.
so the very first innovation after you lose language would be to gain language and then rebuild the innovation deck with all consequences

but that might be to tedious and/or unintended

from the innovation deck i mean

Oh whoops, was wondering why the other thread wasn't gaining traction.
If anyone makes a new thread use the new info here:

ITT: People who have no idea what the rules are spouting off.

so respond to them and correct them senpai

Thanks! In person the shading looks better, not sure what settings I have to use in the camera to show it more accurate.

when i have a pickaxe or sickle and i cannot find the herb gathering or mineral gathering event in the event deck (because i randomly placed it on the hunt board) i just ignore placing it right ? and hope i come across it before showdown.

Well first of all you need to stop being retarded.

You don't shuffle Herb or Mineral with the standard hunt deck.

they have the exact same back, why wouldnt i shuffle them with it. they are part of the standard hunt deck

No, they really fucking don't have the same back.

Can the kingsman be easily painted after assembling? Or are there parts that need attention before full assembly? Such as between the butcher's ass and cloak

You can always just dab some paint in those places. No one is going to be looking at them anyways.

This is Kingdom Death - people will take those miniatures and look at all their places. Some will touch them too.

So is that a yes or a no?

>Letting other people touch your minis

Why are you shuffling the hunt event deck, it's literally all the same card isn't it?

This is the reason why I prefer playing solo. Fuck people handling my painted models.

why would there be a deck if all card is the same? dont you have mineral and herb gathering in it?

Not exactly an image of fear, but I'm pretty happy with how my antelope turned out.

How's it look?

Okay for tabletop. And one extra point for not falling for the stone statue / OSL bullshit.

I did OSL for the prologue survivors, I like them and they have a special place in my heart now but I recognize they'd look better without it

If you pick them up they look pretty cool though.

> stone statue / OSL bullshit.
what is this?

Lazy mode painting scheme for novices. Not bad per se, but overdone to hell and back.

Yeah but where are they getting OSL with the Antelope?

I'd take statues any day over unpainted miniatures. No need to shame people if they're
putting in the effort.

>unpainted miniatures
My campaign is progressing faster than I can paint my minis.

I'm going to have to find a substitute mini for the phoenix

Go catch small birb and give small mustache
Now you have Phoenix

The best / worst thing with KDM is how unique many of the Minis are. Have been looking around for alternative models to add some variation with very little luck for the quarries, haven't looked at nemisis's yet.

You know what, that'd probably work.

No, you fucking don't.

There are promos and expansions that insert cards into the Hunt Event deck. If you're using those in your campaign, that's the only time you ever need to even use the Hunt Event deck, since all 20 cards instruct you to roll in the core hunt chart.

but nobody has the manhunter HL and AI cards as a pdf? i could have sworn they were somewhere in a past thread

>You will never live in an absolute hellscape, but a hellscape where every member of the female sex is an almost naked H-cup and has hips twice the width of her waist

For once its a trade-off.

>Implying I won't die upon waking up before I can get to grab the fleshy goodness

Scripted v2. Also supposed to be updating to 1.5 soon.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1201203150
Private in 3 hours.

so whom of you lovely anons want to give it a spin soon?

>so whom of you

So she can be in the game, but dead?

Yup, but you can raise the newborn girl who looks just like her...

Dead general.
Is everyone busy playing or what?

I'm legit terrified to build my minis they seem really low quality plastic compared to the model kits I'm used to working with.

They're good quality polystyrene plastic, however they are quite delicate models.
The material may be a little softer than you'd find on military model vehicles and such, but that's more to protect the thin bits from snapping than anything else.

can we get a repost of this? I'm just getting home now and will be home for the next few hours. Would like to grab if possible. Thanks

I'm painting minis, but because I'm not an award winning artist nor doing anything cheeky, no one seems to care too much.

I've finished the White Lion and the Antelope, working on the butcher right now. I built a bunch of debris onto his base, which I want to make look is on fire, like a burned down fire pit. Literally watching agrellan earth dry right now so I can make the wood look like charcoal

Post pics

Compared to what? As plastic kits go that I have put together over the last 25 odd years, these are high quality. Fiddly, indeed. But high quality. Comparable to the recent Necromunda plastics.

What kind of ideas do you guys have for basing? Currently I'm using cork board to make ledges and cutting out faces from the stone base inserts to fit on the base where the cork isn't and filling the rest with grit/sand. Sometimes I'll put a lantern on the ground if it's not in the survivors hand/attached to them. A couple skulls here and there. I'll put down some grass tufts after they're painted.
I want to do more to vary the bases but I have no idea what else I could do. Looking for ideas/suggestions. I'm not hand enough to sculpt anything myself or bother with making my own molds.

Antelope is up thread Lion didn't turn out the best but it's good for actual use on the table. I might do another layer of drybrushing on the coat.

Get some blue stuff and make an impression of the plastic face bases, then use that to mold green stuff (basically stamp the green stuff) and that way you can have patches of face on larger model bases, and then fill the area with larger faces (like those from Scibor), textured paint, and perhaps some textured crackle medium (GW does those latter two rather well I feel).

I build mostly gunpla and the occasional kotobukiya kit. I think I'm mostly put off by how these fit together on top of being super soft plastic. It's way different from what I'm used to.

I'm pretty much entirely new to miniatures like this and I feel like I went to far immediately with KDM.

Ok that makes sense. Gunpla has the advantage of snap fitting thanks to the harder plastic. But the plastic and build style of KDM is the standard of GW, Wyrd, Warlord and others.

Industrial appearance versus organic, they can probably use harder plastic variants for gunpla models, since they're all sharp angles and such.

Done.

Thanks.

Though I get a ton of image loading errors with that. Am I just being daft?

>holiday punups still not sold out
D E A D G A M E

E

A

D

G

A

M

E

What kind of errors? Most of them should be through Steam.

As much as I love burning money buying Poot's stuff, I still couldn't justify grabbing two minis that'd equal $90 with shipping.

>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1201203150

>play kdm for 20 hours.
>miss out on this

OP was an idiot and put the title in the name field, so the thread isn't as easily searchable.

To be more specific, you want the product Oyumaru, which is what bluestuff is a overpriced repackaging from. Oyumaru is a reusable material great for making pressmolds for many things, including bases and bits.

The hell is that supposed to mean?

Use Fade's mini to represent her child.

>Drybrushing the coat
No, please don't. Drybrushing doesn't work well on flat areas.
One technique that will look good in the high areas is glazing.
Your antelope is OK kinda thick paint but the scheme is nice.
I'm not a fan of the Lion tho.

Hey. Um.
Can you reupload this?

ok senpai you gain 1 weapon proficiency per hunt if you wound with the weapon , but the're other ways to gain weapon proficiency later on in the game other than hunting later on in the game

nope, you cant even trade gear on the hunt either

ok friendless loser

Hey if you want to play my game so bad bring some cardboard markers or something with you, my models are not for that.

>thread isn't as easily searchable
just go into catalog press f3 and type kingdom death. How do you normally find these threads?

lol i did that when i first got the game since i played it the day i got it. I used token to represent the players and a base insert flipped upside down for the monster

>One of our initial survivors is still around
>3 xp from retiring
>Just has to do one more hunt to become a master bow woman and hit Age 4
>maximum courage
>1 short of maximum understanding
>On way back from slaughtering a White Lion
>Prepping to send four people to their deaths against The Hand
>Settlement Event
>Murder

Is that your first time?
If somebody already has Marrow Hunger he can be nominated as either perpetrator or a victim.

Yes, and no, I have no idea what Marrow Hunger is

What stings is my friend and I said "woah, we had this settlement event [Cracks in the Ground] last LY, draw a new one."

Hey bro pass that fig over here.

>Hey bro, here's how you play this awesome game I love and just spent $400 on
>Just when you handle the minis, grab them by their base
>Grab them by their base to move them
>Only touch their base
>They are fragile, stop touching them by the body, grab them by the base
>Only touch the base!
>*grabs survivor by the body, slams it down and snaps it in half*
I almost through him out of my house