Warhammer 40000 General /40kg/

Waifu edition.

Previous thread>Warhammer Community
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/26/the-second-day-of-nurgle-great-unclean-onegw-homepage-post-3/

>Daily Painting Video
youtube.com/watch?v=aZ5qSbUbwhk

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

DA CODEX:
mega.nz/#!Ald3GbDI!gE1W1yRfDZauVwh6xwmAIP4v16f3BdLb7TI6qcGj1nE

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer Updated for Tyranids? Math-user requests vetting
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KqDNEMI_juU
youtube.com/watch?v=4HEUDCXundE&t=73s
youtube.com/watch?v=KWIpkrDmpx4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw SM scouts are ugly as fuck

I've got some helmet-less heads from my death company and bangles tactical squad boxes; I wonder if they'd look alright on them.

Xth for Eldrad's weird anatomy in this picture.

when will they learn

Does anyone have something similar to pic related that also includes CSM warbands?

You could use Tempestus helmeted heads.

does anybody still play 30k at your store or is it a dead game? I had to play a game with both of my armies tonight with a qt girl to get people interested in the hobby

Anyone here run Plague Drones with their DG? If so, any luck?

The head is noticeably bigger than scout head.

Oh god I about lost my shit until I realized his arms are crossed. I was like, didn't know the Eldar are 1/2 fucking t-rex.

What's really fucking me up is his leg. I can't tell if it's because of the coloring or perspective, but it looks like his knee is far lower than it should be.

Who was the worst guard player you ever met?

It's the perspective and he is wearing an eldar dress.

wow not even a real swastika or battle flag

>Nazi themed
>Green
With?

Only met two, but I guess the guy who plays catachans over the guy who plays cadians by virtue of playing the shitter regiment.

Do scouts use standard human sized heads? Would regular guardsman heads fit? What about Skitarii?

So far all of the guard players I've met have been fat spergs, surprisingly unlike a lot of other factions players. Kind of hard to choose.

No way, spess mareens have much larger empty heads than a real human hero

I found these. They're apparently regular marine heads that have been cut down slightly.
The sergeant uses a baneblade commander head.

The one guy who paints like shit and whines. Best was a girl.

Eldrad for #1 Waifu then.

Dunno, but I did have Death company head and they look shit. you have to shave off some of the neck part (scout have no neck) so it's very easy to over-shave it.

If you had to use DC head, use the aiming pose, lean the head into the sniper rifle scope like they're aiming, it'll look less weird.

Stop posting that creepy stalker pic. It's super fucking weird.

It's on her Twitter that's not that weird.

Taking it off her twitter and repeatedly posting it here on Veeky Forums is weird.

Hard mode challenge accepted: 1/2
Emperor of Mankind in Terra-Imperialis Dreadthrone. The Golden Throne has been turned into a Knight sized Dreadnought.
750pts, 32 PL
The Emperor of Mankind in Terra-Imperialis Dreadthrone is a single model armed with a Colossal Aquilla Talon with built in Lascannon, an Imperator-Ultimatus Chainsword, a shoulder mounted Redemptus Gatling Cannon, 2 underslung Flamestorm Cannons, 2 chest mounted Maelstrom Missile Launchers, and a wrist mounted Hurricane Bolter.
M10" WS2+ BS2+ S10 T10 W20 A8 Ld 10 Sv2+

Collosal Aquilla Talon S+5 AP-3. Re-roll wounds. Culln's grab and shoot ability copypasted here but it's an auto D6 mortal wounds.

Imperator-Ultimatus Chainsword Sx2 AP-5. -1 to hit, may do a swipe like Morty at S User AP-3, 3 hit rolls per attack instead of 1.

Redemptus Gatling Cannon S8 AP-2 Heavy 10. Each hit roll of 6+ causes an additional automatic hit and each wound roll of 6+ causes a mortal wound, these automatic hits may not cause additional hits.

Maelstrom Missile Launchers S7 AP-1 Assault D6. If this weapon targets a unit with 10 or more models, roll 2D6 per shooting attack made with this weapon instead of D6.

Flamestorm Cannons, Lascannons, and Hurricane Bolters are self explanatory.

This, it's weird as hell

2/2
Rules:
God-Emperor of the Imperium of Man: If your army is Battle-Forged, you receive an additional 5 Command Points if the Emperor of Mankind is your Warlord. Enemy models that start or end their movement phase within 12" must subtract 2 from their Leadership value. Additionally, all friendly models, regardless of being able to draw line of sight with the Emperor of Mankind may use his leadership until he is removed from the board.

Master of Mankind: All friendly models with line of sight to the Emperor may re-roll rolls of 1 to hit and to wound. Friendly models within 6" may re-roll all failed to hit and to wound rolls as well as failed saving throws of 1.

Light of the Astronomican: The Emperor of Mankind and all friendly PSYKER models within 12" of him may add 2 to the result of psychic tests and deny the witch tests.

Hardened Alloy of the Golden Throne: The Emperor of Mankind has a 4+ Invulnerable save and ignores wounds he would otherwise suffer on a roll of 5+.

Catastrophic Explosion: If the Emperor of Mankind is reduced to 0 wounds, the Terra-Imperialis Dreadthrone suffers a catastrophic explosion and must fall back from the battlefield, roll a die for every unit within 6", on a 3+ the unit suffers D6 Mortal Wounds.

The Emperor of Mankind may attempt to manifest three psychic powers and attempt to deny three psychic powers. He knows the Smite psychic power and three powers from across any table available to codexes of the Imperium.

Faction Keywords: Imperium, Terra, Emperor
Keywords: Character, Titanic, Vehicle, Emperor of Mankind

I didn't knew what to meme about so I just rolled with the waifu shit

Sounds about right for guys here. She's part of the hobby and cute and likes what they like. A dream girl for them.

Think anyone would give me shit if I used one of these conversions as a base body, added a robot squiggoth head, and a battlewagon on the back to use as a counts as squiggoth, or would tournaments frown on that idea. It would actually be about an inch taller, but not as long.

I feel bad for mentioning her name when someone asked about who painted those bright orks and tzeentch things. Didn't realize that some legit creep ass motherfuckers would latch onto it.

I wouldn't, Squiggoths are tiny. However, if you're talking Gargantuan Squiggoth, then yeah you'd be hard pressed, those things are HUUUUUUGE.

Do you not know where we are friend? Autism isn't even just the norm, it's fucking distilled to its purest form and given life.

Thinking I'll just use my mecha squiggy head here.

>I didn't think people would latch onto a girl on Veeky Forums

I want to start collecting a Dark Eldar army. How hard are they to paint? The figures on the Games Workshop site look great but I'm not a very good painter so I'm worried my army is going to look like shit.

It's not like they are harassing her. It's weird but not awful. Not any weirder than falling for some kind of twitch the person.

Oh? well shit I thought they were pretty small, ill never be able to afford what GW wants for one.

They're one of the hardest armies to paint but if you take your time you'll be fine. If my retarded ass can paint them half decently you can too.

Who is the best waifu and why is it Lelith Hesperax

Can you fuckers just try to not be so embarrassing?

It's bad enough having to explain my hobby to the normies.

Bruh, a Gargantuan Squiggoth is like, 14" long, they're called GARGANTUAN for a reason.

I like Greyfax. She's grumpy and in denial and her waifu likes men. Greyfax is a tragic self hating waifu who needs proper love.

Who gives a shit. It's a random slut who works at GW, defending her e-honor makes you look like a plebbitor

Why does it seem like Dark Eldar are getting more popular lately? They were one of the least popular armies for a long time.

It's like a board game where you build and paint the pieces. It's a nice creative outlet that let's me bond with other people.

because being a complete fag is increasingly "cool" these days.
and peeps be bored of playing the same old, wanting a new different army for new edition etc.

No - I mean when I take my GF to the FLGS and she complains that she's getting eye raped.

They've got some of the best GW models, what can I say? Posting my painting guide for any prospective Black Heart or copycat Kabal painters.

No.

please do something other than "generic black armour with grey highlights".

When everyone went index they were equally shit like everyone else, now with codex armies they're again shit but at least not as shit like back in 7th ed

Oh yeah it's a horrible environment for women. We have a few in the store and they only survive because they are ugly and know how to shit talk. Pretty girls should never be brought around.

As a shit painter, I find em pretty damned hard.
I can't get an even edge highlight for shit.
However, they wind up looking acceptable just because the models are cool, and with it being a generally dark colour scheme it hides a few of my mistakes.

I'm going to attempt to paint them the same way they look on the GW website. Black with green highlights

that's on you.

if you took your meds, "she" and you would be doing just fine. and the wouldn't be any issues.

Hmm well the design I have in mind looks to be about 15 inches long, mabye If I put him on a mound of junk for height it will be about right.

Anyone have a reasonable estimate on how long it usually takes for a temporarily out of stock item to be restocked online?

Been wanting Ravagers for over a month now.

>he brought his girlfriend to a gathering of single men
What were you thinking?

Right here, user.

>men

Thanks for that user, saved.

Just maybe, be sure to bulk it out, and above all else just have a cool looking conversion. As long as it looks convincing, and is the same size, I don't think anyone will be too mad.

>the kind of manchild that plays with grimdark dolls

>man

Wouldn't hurt to check out GW painting guide of DE in the WIP general OP. Its called raiders of Commorragh.

>grimdark
No way, gue'la

I like the happy blue dudes

Anyone ever used/seen Aetaos'rau'keres on the tabletop and is he the kind of ungodly rape machine he should be for 1.5k points?

Curious, but for anyone who has read about the strange Blood Pact machines in Gaunts Ghosts, were some of them similar to the Umbaran warmachines from Clone Wars?

I notice the Guardsmen going up against the "Stumble Guns" faired about as well as the Clones engaging the Umbaran Mobile Cannons.

youtube.com/watch?v=KqDNEMI_juU

The scene where they rocket launcher the Stumble Guns and Stalk Tanks also reminds me of the Clones doing the same to the Umbaran Crawler Tanks.

youtube.com/watch?v=4HEUDCXundE&t=73s

I mean who wants to play the Dark Brooding faction right?

you should tell her not to flatter herself so much.

Me me me me me!

>dark brooding
>not playing the objectively best, true neutral faction

I want to play both.

Will that be too dark/black to be used as Dark Angels color scheme?

Someone help me decide a color scheme for my gsc's.
I picked up the battle force box today and remembers that I didn't have a scheme in mind yet.
I was thinking something like a bone colored carapace though I don't know what to do for the edge highlights or the skin color

Duncan has a few videos on different Kabalites that show very easy painting techniques to use for any DE force. Also those minis are basically screaming for a drybrush

I wanted to get some good Line of sight blocking terrain, and had the idea of grabbing two "Shrine of The Aquila" kits and making one big ol' box with them.

Any other ideas?

You can make some Hills with just some Styrafoam or some building with Foamboard.

>fate of mankind
>have any measurable effect on the fate of the galaxy
you have a sense of humour, mon'keigh gue'la

can I cum in your mouth

I was talking about the Tyranids ya elven shitter

I've got plenty of hills, and i wouldn't mind having some terrain for a city based board.

But i'll make more hills anyway.

I was really hopeful when the BA codex came out but the more I look at building lists for them the more I start to think that they aren't that good.

Yeah, I'm going to get off at least one alpha strike charge but what then? If your army can kill marines, then BA aren't really any different.

Why the Elder, a dying race, seems to have infinite amount of population when Craftworlds get destroyed left and right?

What's the best defense for alpha strikes?

ask the dark kin and pray to whatever is your god she (or he) dont bite it off

Whatever you say, old and busted.

youtube.com/watch?v=KWIpkrDmpx4

Face it. Eldar are best waifus in the galaxy

T Y C H O
Y
C
H
O

But yeah. Assault marine armies just aren't that hot. Just focus on some cool stuff like librarian dreads and play them like red smurfs otherwise

With BA being able to fly nothing is really safe. Your best bet is careful deployment and hoping I fudge the charge rolls.

Khay-oos eldar when?

Keeping your good stuff in reserve.

We will return.

Because dying race == swarm army with 5+ guardians, cos you can afford throwing your troops into a meatgrinder. Fucking GW logic.

No wonder they’re dying.

Thats what my opponent said when my 2 warlocks died to a perils.